Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ricers cant take advice

IA.COM Founder.

Default Ricers cant take advice

Yup...

Ricers these days.. they install a played out ass bodykit, some neon lights and place at the NATs and think they are unstopable.

I tried giving someone some advice about on how a show car can be built without all the rice **** and still be nice and compete at shows.

Thats why I liked smaller events like HIN.... always 10 to 15 of the hottest car in one class... TIGHTER competition. Instead of the well known bad judging at the NATS. Granted , I placed all the time .. but we seen some weird ****.

Ricers of Columbus.

roflcopter V-Spec II

Evan, they'd do well to take his advice, considering he's probably been in the scene longer then they've been alive.

I'm not schizophrenic edit:
    Today, 12:59 PM
    View Post
    cgEvan
    This message has been deleted by cgEvan.

IA.COM Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by cgEvan
    Maybe "they" don't want your advice because they're going in the direction they want to be going in and your advising a totally different idea from what they want.
    Just some food for thought...

When a person is into the whole car show thing.... they will get critisized..... I mean, thats what a judge does.... So you , as a show car person, must be able to learn how to take constructive critisicism.

Prime example : yesterday I was talking with Yousef who used to work at a tire shop for a long time.. meaning he knows tires RIGHT? ok

He gave me some advice on some good tires for my VETTE..... I read up on them on some vette forums... and he was right...

And Yousef doesnt even own a VEtte.

Some people just need to relax a bit ..

Quote Originally Posted by Julio
    When a person is into the whole car show thing.... they will get critisized..... I mean, thats what a judge does.... So you , as a show car person, must be able to learn how to take constructive critisicism.

Prime example : yesterday I was talking with Yousef who used to work at a tire shop for a long time.. meaning he knows tires RIGHT? ok

He gave me some advice on some good tires for my VETTE..... I read up on them on some vette forums... and he was right...

curious what tires did he tell you?

Senior Member | IA Veteran Catnip's Avatar

There's a difference in constructive criticism and throwing your ideas on someone, whether or not you're right or wrong.

What's the point of someone having a winning show car if they don't like it? IMO I'd rather have a show car that may not win all the time but makes me smile everytime I see it.

And besides, if they don't take your advice, what do you care? You haven't lost anything.
    '92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel | '96 240sx

There's a difference in constructive criticism and throwing your ideas on someone, whether or not you're right or wrong.

What's the point of someone having a winning show car if they don't like it? IMO I'd rather have a show car that may not win all the time but makes me smile everytime I see it.

And besides, if they don't take your advice, what do you care? You haven't lost anything.

x2.
    28 . female . I has VTEC . hondachik .

S.I.C. Chic (Split Image Customs II)

IA.COM Founder.

Noobz.... hahah

But when I judge so many car shows during the summer I get tired of seeing the same **** over and over again...

I tell these ****ers.. hey those neon lights aint really doing **** and the visible zip ties are not helping neither.....

I hope you dont come back with the same ****...

IA.COM Founder.

Sorry to bust your bubble.. more then likely then.. you will never have a winning show car...

The show car industry is a business young buck....

You have to do **** you dont like sometimes in order to be competetive " Or keep Up"

I'd rather have a show car that may not win all the time but makes me smile everytime I see it.
    This statement is retarded. If I had a jacked up car, I would listen to what someone who has won shows in the past and take what he has to say into consideration. When people say they just want something to make them smilie, it's like saying they don't care if their girl friend is fat. As long as they can suck a mean d!ck they don't care what people say about it. But we all know thats a lie.

Ricers need to stop watching fast and the furious and start paying attention to the old school show cars. They need to take chances and make something that hasn't been on the road before. Maybe a different front end or rear end. But make it look good, as in not have it done at burford hwy.

IA.COM Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by LS2_KID
    curious what tires did he tell you?

goodyear eagle gsd3

Noobz.... hahah

But when I judge so many car shows during the summer I get tired of seeing the same **** over and over again...

I tell these ****ers.. hey those neon lights aint really doing **** and the visible zip ties are not helping neither.....

I hope you dont come back with the same ****...
    you right, I'm a noob on IA, but not a noob at life (even though I haven't been here long). I wouldn't waste my money building a car to impress you if it doesn't impress me more.

I did just do a bright yellow zip tie mod on my car however.
    Shifts better

IA.COM Founder.

When I used to show.. I faced the facts...

I couldnt keep up.. I was tired of traveling, waking up early every weekend after a long ass work week, pockets were not deep enough

And honestly, I couldnt keep up with the TIm west and Jeff Guise... or some other cars out there.. So I said, **** this **** and quit.

Sorry to bust your bubble.. more then likely then.. you will never have a winning show car...

The show car industry is a business young buck....

You have to do **** you dont like sometimes in order to be competetive " Or keep Up"
    Personally, I don't want a "show car" I want a GSR slammed with a built motor, top mount setup, and a decent system. Nothing showy. It's just not me, but I can respect other peoples ideas and dreams.

IA.COM Founder.

you right, I'm a noob on IA, but not a noob at life (even though I haven't been here long). I wouldn't waste my money building a car to impress you if it doesn't impress me more.

I did just do a bright yellow zip tie mod on my car however.
    Shifts better

@ life... lol

Is not about me you little twig... When you have a show car, JUDGES will judge..... I honestly dont give a ****.. I just like a good laugh and bringing some good topics into the whoreslounge...

BTW- when I started working on my 98 EK back in 1998.. you were 10 years old...... hahahahahah

Actually, When I had my 89 Accord lxi with cut springs and tri stars wheels back in 94-95 ... you were 5 ...... So dont give me this life ****.

black '00 GSR with polished blades and black leather.
    :in heaven:

IA.COM Founder.

Personally, I don't want a "show car" I want a GSR slammed with a built motor, top mount setup, and a decent system. Nothing showy. It's just not me, but I can respect other peoples ideas and dreams.

Then get the **** out of this thread.

The tittle doesnt say... ALL FUTURE GSR DRIVERS COME IN HERE.....

BTW, I dont respect your idea of a built GSR with Top Mount setup... so take your dream and go lay next to luther king as far as I care...

Im blunt,Get over it blacknightteg's Avatar

black '00 GSR with polished blades and black leather.
    :in heaven:

yet you drive an eclipse?
    Canon Nutswinger:
    Canon XS
    18-55mm
    55-250mm
    50mm USM

IA.COM Founder.

my whole point is : if you are going to try to build a show car do it right!!

If its for you.. then fine.. who cares.... Ive been doing **** like I want / feel for the past 4 years...is better then trying to built a show car anyways! show cars are ****ing GAY!!!!! and Useless!

roflcopter V-Spec II

Quote Originally Posted by hondachik
    x2.
    Is this really how people feel though, or is this the way people who can't afford to modify their cars rationalize where they are?

I mean words are free, so I'm building an S14.5 with a RB30, pushing around 40 pounds of boost.

If you don't have the money to mess around with your automobiles, then don't. You have to pay to play. When you are rocking cheap parts that will never fit right or be painted, you saying "it makes me happy" may help you sleep at night, but no one is going to think better of you because of it.

Then get the **** out of this thread.

The tittle doesnt say... ALL FUTURE GSR DRIVERS COME IN HERE.....

BTW, I dont respect your idea of a built GSR with Top Mount setup... so take your dream and go lay next to luther king as far as I care...
    The title also doesn't say "all future GSR drivers do NOT enter"

And I'm done, time to look through the classifieds again...

so take your dream and go lay next to luther king as far as I care...
    Ouch, LOL!

Hey cgEvan, my subie makes your gsr look rice round here. Go hit vtec off a cliff and stfu.

Quote Originally Posted by blacknightteg
    yet you drive an eclipse?
    yep. I dont discriminate against POS.
    lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Manic
    Hey cgEvan, my subie makes your gsr look rice round here. Go hit vtec off a cliff and stfu.
    I don't have a GSR

IA KING

dude back in 98 if you had wheels + exhaust + intake you were the sh!t... the scene is changing maybe b/c the kids today have more $$ (or their parents have more money)... everyone has done some form of ricer sh!t here/there over the years; we all learn from each other.

but julio is completely right people should consider the advise of the seasoned players considering they've done it quite a few times. you don't have to have a show car to have nice looking ride and you don't have to have a go car that looks like a turd. i don't understand all of the people who seem to think their spray can paint boosted 240 or their civic with black widow knock off kit is the newest hottest thing on the street.

roflcopter V-Spec II

Wow, 2 out of the 4 admins on at the same time? To what do we owe this honor haha

Quote Originally Posted by HondaTrick
    I could careless about how I look to others. I think my car has came a long way from how it did after my wreck, therefore right now it does make me happier. My parts will be painted, and soon, and all do fit. Behind each car, there is a story. I don't have the time to explain in this thread, but considering I'm rebuilding my "totaled" car out of my pocket, and paying everyday bills, and well as taking care of a 2 year old....so right now, its making me happy.
    Only story I see here is a horror one. You claim to love your civic, even after you put your heart and soul into it you still don't care what people say about it? Suuure. Dude, you really need to go to cvs and buy some eye drops. Clean out your eyes and realize that your car is tore up from the floor up... I've seriously seen better looking cars at the junk yard.

IA KING

Only story I see here is a horror one. You claim to love your civic, even after you put your heart and soul into it you still don't care what people say about it? Suuure. Dude, you really need to go to cvs and buy some eye drops. Clean out your eyes and realize that your car is tore up from the floor up... I've seriously seen better looking cars at the junk yard.
    bahhhhhhhh .... your sig rules

Ouch, LOL!

any pics of the evo and subie together? I have seen a couple subies that color and I can't decide if I like it on the car or not. And I just want to see your evo. Evo ftw.

I could careless about how I look to others. I think my car has came a long way from how it did after my wreck, therefore right now it does make me happier. My parts will be painted, and soon, and all do fit. Behind each car, there is a story. I don't have the time to explain in this thread, but considering I'm rebuilding my "totaled" car out of my pocket, and paying everyday bills, as well as taking care of a 2 year old....so right now, its making me happy.
    If you really didn't care about how you looked to others you would have just driven a wrecked piece of **** and saved money.

roflcopter V-Spec II

Behind each car, there is a story.
    I agree. And everyone has bills. That's fine, as long as you know that doesn't mean your car isn't rice. Good reasons will get leniency from some people, but never a free pass. And those aren't even necessarily good reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Retard
    any pics of the evo and subie together? I have seen a couple subies that color and I can't decide if I like it on the car or not. And I just want to see your evo. Evo ftw.
    Haha!! I don't have an evo dude! I have a lot of friends with them, but I don't own one. Malice was just joking around!

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    bahhhhhhhh .... your sig rules :Cheers:

thats nice. even if it does look like a POS to u, atleast mine runs

Quote Originally Posted by R3RUN
    If you really didn't care about how you looked to others you would have just driven a wrecked piece of **** and saved money.
    I said to others, didn't say about how it looked to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MongolPup
    I agree. And everyone has bills. That's fine, as long as you know that doesn't mean your car isn't rice. Good reasons will get leniency from some people, but never a free pass. And those aren't even necessarily good reasons.
    Jim, there isn't any reason why we should continue. We've already hit her with a few good blows. LOL

Osaka Sokutatsu mocha latte cupcake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    dude back in 98 if you had wheels + exhaust + intake you were the sh!t... the scene is changing maybe b/c the kids today have more $$ (or their parents have more money)... everyone has done some form of ricer sh!t here/there over the years; we all learn from each other.

but julio is completely right people should consider the advise of the seasoned players considering they've done it quite a few times. you don't have to have a show car to have nice looking ride and you don't have to have a go car that looks like a turd. i don't understand all of the people who seem to think their spray can paint boosted 240 or their civic with black widow knock off kit is the newest hottest thing on the street.
    agreeds. Ricers want to stay ricers most of the time cause their "unique/creative" style isn't seen now a days... however they over look the fact that everyone is laughing @ them b/c their originiality was "original" in 99-01 i weep for the honda nation

Quote Originally Posted by blackmonkey aka hondatrash
    thats nice. even if it does look like a POS to u, atleast mine runs
    How stupid are you? Like for real? LOL! My car is sitting on my driveway right now, it drives.

I read this post and most of it doesn't make sense. But from what julio was saying i agree with. I've been in the scene long enough( not as long as them). But long enough and have done enough to learn. Just becuase your car has a decent paint job and wheels. Doesn't make it a show car.

I'm not going back to read exact words. but when giving and recieving advice. If you say you have a show car. Really look around and see what a show car is. Sure you biuld the car for you at first. but when you decide you are building a show car that changes the game. you don't just build it for you anymore. you biuld it for the judges and the change in the scene.

I learned four years ago. Went to my very first car show. 2000 Mercury Cougar. I rolled up to a show that IA was at and judging. I rolled in with about 20 minutes left in the show. Never being to one before. I walked around looked at the car about 40-50. Decided I was going to enter. Julio I believe actually did my registration. came over judged for about 5m. and left. awards were shortly after. I didn't get called. I was pissed off to no end. All I had was a bodykit,paint, and system. thought i was the **** until they handed me score sheet.

18 out of 100 total possible points.

So to all the noobs out there that say they have a show car. think again. Learn and listen to the people that were in the scene before you could even drive. Sacrfices need to be made to build a winning show car. There might be a part that you totally hate. But that might be the winning part that you need to put on the podium at the end of the night. Like other mentioned in the previous post. the guys went above and beyond and either were or still are in the top of the scene. not becuase they have kept there car totally there but. But have built a show. car.

My history for those that question my knowlege.
    80 awards consisting of BOS, to interior to regular placings at local and national events.
    For those that no me. they can atest. I built a Show car and can learn from critizism and listening to advice.

Haha!! I don't have an evo dude! I have a lot of friends with them, but I don't own one. Malice was just joking around!

subie pics?

bastard! lol

roflcopter V-Spec II

Jim, there isn't any reason why we should continue. We've already hit her with a few good blows. LOL
    Well I just couldn't let her "x2" post on the first page go unchallenged. I did appreciate all the back up though lol. No hard feelings, her responses were much calmer then I thought they would be.

As for advice, thats nice. But at the end of the day, people are always going to do what they want.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast