Thread: 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer X

Default 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer X

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...cleId=119065#8

Im damn intersted. Much better looking then the STi and the drivetrain on the Evo is quite impressive.

me too.....but i'd still take a evo9 over the X
    “Alfalfa peak”—an odd ridge on a car that is otherwise a lava-lamp jubilee of rounded Oprah-ness.

-car and driver, 370z review

Several things I've come to realize...

The X has a better suspension-hands down! I have been reading quite a bit about the new dual wet clutch SST transmission available in the soon to be released MR. I really prefer the manual transmission in the GSR instead. Interestingly, Mitsu is having the same problem that VW had when equipping the new GTI with DSG. Once a certain power threshold is reached (300-350hp) the clutch starts to go. Mitsu designed the SST clutch in the Evo so that the whole assembly must be replaced when changing out the clutch. That special clutch will be a very expensive thing to replace! I see it as an alternative for people that want a more "luxurious" car for the money...meaning an automatic. It works great for someone wanting to keep their Evo more or less stock. Another annoying thing on the X are the tire pressure sensors which trigger warning lights on the dash if the stock rims and tires are altered. However, I hear the new recaros are the best seats ever put into a production car. Only time will tell if the 4B11 is as good as the 4G63.

Ya go grab the Car and Driver Mag. They have the test and the salom part the Evo killed the STi. Im so "excited" about the AYC system. I heard of it but never knew the indepth part.

I have that issue. The X finally incorporates the AYC into the mix. It is now called S-AWC. I have chatted with a couple of Evo 8 & 9 owners that traded up. They all say the same thing. The X is the most amazing car in a corner that they have ever seen.

I was always a WRX guy but now I guess I'm a Lancer guy because the new STI doesn't perform well enough to love it, kind of like a kid.

Bozzio for president.

I wish it came with forged wheels like the STi.

I like the MR BBS rims more than the GSR rims. The BBS rims are supposed to be the same ones found on the concept X.

Evo's a gay.
    www.toyotaofroswell.com
    Current: '04 S2000
    Past 700whp+ Cars: '03 Z06 | '94 Supra | '03 Evo VIII | Too Many...

Yup. I love those but damn it being cast. BLAH!@$T#$%^@$%^!$ And like you said if you change the rims your car's dash is gonna go nazi. Great. Though you can bypass it still it's gonna be a pain in the ass.

Blacc Panther member

yeah umm when i played pro street i cam alittle... so i've been reading on these for a minute

sammich is my bitch 1000cckiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ct9a gsr
    Evo's a gay.
    what and you aren't
    Resize sig area!

Blacc Panther member

Quote Originally Posted by WHAT_LAG
    what and you aren't

drives a honda more then likely

sammich is my bitch 1000cckiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dracc
    no, thats charles he drives a evo.
    Resize sig area!

more wood than noahs arc sirkus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WHAT_LAG
    no, thats charles he drives a evo.
    it's a lancer with the evo kit on it.
    2014 | Hyundai Veloster | Turbo R-Spec

^^Lmao!

Quote Originally Posted by EM1toEVO
    Several things I've come to realize...

The X has a better suspension-hands down! I have been reading quite a bit about the new dual wet clutch SST transmission available in the soon to be released MR. I really prefer the manual transmission in the GSR instead. Interestingly, Mitsu is having the same problem that VW had when equipping the new GTI with DSG. Once a certain power threshold is reached (300-350hp) the clutch starts to go. Mitsu designed the SST clutch in the Evo so that the whole assembly must be replaced when changing out the clutch. That special clutch will be a very expensive thing to replace! I see it as an alternative for people that want a more "luxurious" car for the money...meaning an automatic. It works great for someone wanting to keep their Evo more or less stock. Another annoying thing on the X are the tire pressure sensors which trigger warning lights on the dash if the stock rims and tires are altered. However, I hear the new recaros are the best seats ever put into a production car. Only time will tell if the 4B11 is as good as the 4G63.
    The new 4b11 is an aluminum block which is weaker then a iron block but the 4b11 comes with forged internals. Also the 4b11 is responding to mods better then the evo 9. With just a boost controller it gain 30whp. With intake tbe boost controller and a intercooler pipe it dynoed 290whp on a mustang dyno.

looks reall nice.
    92' Specialized Rock hopper
    04 Civic EX

Quote Originally Posted by WickedIXMR
    The new 4b11 is an aluminum block which is weaker then a iron block but the 4b11 comes with forged internals. Also the 4b11 is responding to mods better then the evo 9. With just a boost controller it gain 30whp. With intake tbe boost controller and a intercooler pipe it dynoed 290whp on a mustang dyno.
    damn you make me all giddy when you say that. Damn that sounded gay.

True, there are ups and downs with the new engine. I like the idea of having forged internals, and honestly the aluminum block will hold up just fine since it is reinforced. I am excited to hear that it is responding well to mods. It's just hard to let go of a good thing like the 4G63. I'm sure the new one will be just as good in the end.

Almost like the K20. They are damn responsive to I/E/H and a retune.

( . )( . ) inmymouth _Christian_'s Avatar

i always liked sti's better than evo's. i hate the rear of the evo X and the new sti is just hideous. from an aesthetic point of view i'd much rather have the evo.

I was looking to get a G35 6 Speed, Brembos but damn Evo X is pretty damn awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracc
    No... but I do drive one of the fastest Evo's in Georgia... I guess that's kinda close to being a Honda.

btw, my comment was a joke... obviously, since I've had an Evo for a long while now.
    www.toyotaofroswell.com
    Current: '04 S2000
    Past 700whp+ Cars: '03 Z06 | '94 Supra | '03 Evo VIII | Too Many...