Thread: 13b Compression

Default 13b Compression

I have a T2 motor that I did a compression test on. well half way. The front compression was 90+ all faces. I pulled the motor out and was going to tear it down because it was a jspec motor. is there a way to get compression numbers on the rear rotor without it being in the car? I doubt my muscles will allow me to spin the motor fast enough. I want to sell the motor and i know it's worth more of course if it's running. I previously had the motor started but had the wrong impedance injectors in.

1990 mazda rx7 TII

the front hub bolt is 19mm. spin that with a breaker bar.

or... with the engine and tranny out, hook the stater up, wire it up, and zoom away.

I'll wait til Rog comes over and we'll give it a spin and hopefully I can get a reading. We're not the strongest people around

You will not hand turn it and read the compression accurately. Put a starter on it, and test it properly. Also, a regular compression tester can work, but Mazda makes a special compression tester for the rotarys that give a printout. I only know of one person that owns one outside of dealership mechanics though. If you want the proper printout, PM me, and I'll give you his number.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

thanks. I'll probably just sell for a couple hundred as is. motor runs I just don't have compression numbers for the rear rotor.

Certified Gearhead

what are u all selling with it? i may be interested

depends on what you're willing to spend my friend....
    as a shortblock I was looking for 260.
    longblock (will need assembly) I have all the parts, minus block off plates- 550
    T2 tranny- 250

Certified Gearhead

hmm you said you have the comp numbers for the front but not the rear

Quote Originally Posted by gottraction? View Post
    hmm you said you have the comp numbers for the front but not the rear
    yep.