Thread: Where to take pics of the Atlanta skyline?

Default Where to take pics of the Atlanta skyline?

Where is the best place to take pictures of the Atlanta skyline?

TIA

i know there was a thread about this already, but the search feature isnt working for me, ill try and get back at ya but no promises

^^props to turbotegg^

MotorMavens Car Culture/Photography Blog & Forums
    Click that link!-flickr

Yeh, I found this thread Good spot for pics in ATL but was hoping for some more specific locations. I may just have to venture out and see what I can find.

NM, found the thread I was looking for! I thought it was on here, but it was actually on wrxatlanta!

If anyone else wants to know:
    http://wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8662

Quote Originally Posted by 5spdfrk View Post

TIA
    I'd start by looking toward the sky!
    Jason..

Thanks Tracy! +reps

NP. I woulda embedded the pics in here, but I must have some privacy block that I can't find checked because it wouldn't let me take the image location.

I have spent countless hours freezing my ass off in all of those locations. They are good ones.
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

I hope to check them out soon! Thanks again!

look at tracy bein all helpful and shit, must bee someone else postin on her account

TIA

I can honestly say I have the best location, but it isn't free. It's from a helicopter I've put in a little over 3hrs of night flying so far during my flight training, all of which were around downtown Atlanta. The views you get are FAR better than any you'd get from the ground. PM me if you wanna know more, and the best place to fly you.

Quote Originally Posted by slow_hatch View Post
    I can honestly say I have the best location, but it isn't free. It's from a helicopter I've put in a little over 3hrs of night flying so far during my flight training, all of which were around downtown Atlanta. The views you get are FAR better than any you'd get from the ground. PM me if you wanna know more, and the best place to fly you.
    Ha, I bet, but getting a good shot from a helicopter may be kinda hard with my equipment. I think it generally requires a gyro stabilizer or something like that.

Ha, I bet, but getting a good shot from a helicopter may be kinda hard with my equipment. I think it generally requires a gyro stabilizer or something like that.
    This is true. At night even in a hover there is still to much movement probably for the long shutter speeds, during the day however I bet you could pull some decent ones off.

I'm sure some pretty unique shots could be taken from the eye in the sky! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    look at tracy bein all helpful and shit, must bee someone else postin on her account
    Naw bish, that's all me.
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

IA Member

i found an awesome spot the other day. gonna shoot my s2k there soon. right across i75 from the cobb energy center, there is one office building kinda all by itself. if you go to the top of that parking deck, you will have a full atlanta skyline view. it is kinda off in the background (about 7 miles), but if you get the right lens, it will be awesome. so that is to the south, and you can also shoot to the west to get the cobb energy center and all of the cumberland office buildings. i highly recommend going there.
    btw, you will only be able to have access to the third level, then you will need a card for entrance to the higher levels, but if you look right by where the gates are, you will see a handicap walkway, and you can just cross that and go up from there.
    email me for some shoddy iphone pics. [email protected]

Parts of Vinings at night has awesome views.

Big thanks to Tracy and all the rest for the info! I was only able to get to one spot that night, but here's one of my pics. I'll edit it some other time, so this is straight out of the camera.

Big thanks to Tracy and all the rest for the info! I was only able to get to one spot that night, but here's one of my pics. I'll edit it some other time, so this is straight out of the camera.
    Ha Ha! I like the light stars. How many people were out there? Usually there are a few.
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

Honestly, there was no one else out there besides me and my girl. Kinda surprised me considering it being the infamous spot. I'd like to get out there closer to dusk next time.