17 11.81%
  • other: explain

23 15.97%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much do you normally tip?

IA KING

Default How much do you normally tip?

How much do you normally tip?

i normally try to tip 20%... if you suck you get less if your good you'll get more. now i do have a pet peeve though places that include gratuity, your not going to get any more b/c i hate being force to pay for something that i have not decision on. if you suck you suck and you still get that gratuity charge. also anyone notice alot of the pizza places all now charge a delivery fee? that kinda pisses me off two so i don't tip as big for pizza delivery as i used to.

atleast 20%

30-35%
    Val RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfwit
    my only rule in life
    1: NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, DATE A GIRL OFF IA, OR TELL A GIRLFRIEND ABOUT IA.

20% minimum (for good service) or nothing if it sucked. 15% tip is retarded especially if someone does good to take care of you and to make your meal enjoyable.
    FUCK B&D COMMUNICATIONS!

Boosted 4door

i like to tip atleast 20%...if you suck you get maybe 10% (and to suck you have to be really rude and have no energy at all.)

And if I'm at a restaurant like chilis and my tab is only 7 bucks i usually tip around 3 bucks

Senior Member | IA Veteran Halfwit's Avatar

i dont go out to eat, but when i do it solely depends on service and if ur a damn bitch or something.
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

20to25% in most cases but i do have a story about a friend that left a penny tip to a girl at hooters and before he made it to the car it was thrown back at him... it was really funny but ill say one thing in his behalf she did suck i mean bad. He asked for a refill and she told him when she gets time, 30 mins later no refill lol. Was there for over an hour and it was pretty bad experience.
    Have a Nice Day

Quote Originally Posted by gbrookie71
    20to25% in most cases but i do have a story about a friend that left a penny tip to a girl at hooters and before he made it to the car it was thrown back at him... it was really funny but ill say one thing in his behalf she did suck i mean bad. He asked for a refill and she told him when she gets time, 30 mins later no refill lol. Was there for over an hour and it was pretty bad experience.
    thing is with hooters, they take care of the drinkers because they know thats where their big tips come from. convienyly me and 3 buddys went a few weeks ago for one of their 20th birthdays and the service straight up sucked ass. My cousin drops by and orders a few beers...WOW, complete turnaround. anyway, we got there at 8 ordered our food around 830 (normally wouldnt complain about 30 minutes but we all already knew what we wanted) didnt get our wings till 920 and this was a SLOW night and they were cold. She got i think $3 and some change.
    FUCK B&D COMMUNICATIONS!

I always tip at least 20%... If the service is bad I will still tip at least 15%, i never tip less than that... But if the service is great I will tip at least 20% and maybe then some...
    ~In life it's most important to find a world that belongs to us. Life is meaningful only when we can find this world.~

Just because they include gratuity on you're bill doesn't mean that you have to pay it.

If they include gratuity and it was poor service I simply deduct it and pay the amount that I feel was appropriate. If I really have a problem with the service I generally ask to speak to a manager.

Oh and if you really want to piss a waitress off flip an empty cup over and leave pennies on top of it, that way they know they fucked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowwrx
    I fucked ©hris's mom

Quote Originally Posted by Big Baller
    Just because they include gratuity on you're bill doesn't mean that you have to pay it.

If they include gratuity and it was poor service I simply deduct it and pay the amount that I feel was appropriate. If I really have a problem with the service I generally ask to speak to a manager.

Oh and if you really want to piss a waitress off flip an empty cup over and leave pennies on top of it, that way they know they fucked up.
    good idea on the cup straight to the point for the service. never thought of that...
    Have a Nice Day

The People's LLLLLLLLL B16a2 Civic's Avatar

whatevers left

i know you love my swagger
    OG Black Delegation member
    RIP My Homie Elliot Sloan

+1 for the cup thing. thats great right there
    FUCK B&D COMMUNICATIONS!

I'm about a dolla what the fuk is 50 cents

20%

it all depends on the experience...

i can get really "paki" and go like 2-3% when they piss me off with attitude or something .... but when they deserve it, i can go to fuckin 30% or more...

Boosted 4door

Quote Originally Posted by gbrookie71
    ... left a penny tip to a girl at hooters and before he made it to the car it was thrown back at him... it was really funny but ....
    i dont blame her..

a guy i used to valet w/ was tipped $1 at taverna plaka on a saturday night after running his ass off to get a lady's car..well he tore up the dollar in front of her and threw it back at her, turned his back to her face and walked away.

I usually tip at least 20%.

IA Wanderer

I always tip 20%, but there are times when i gotta tip less because of bad service. I work in a restaurant, so I know if they slackin or if they're just really busy. It really pisses me off when i bust my ass for a table and recieve 10%. I'm just like wtf....and its generally the same race that leaves 10%. I hate being racist and all so I'm not gonna mention which race.

1999 Honda CRV
    -Tim

at least 20% and it goes up if she/he is doing a good job

1 doller per person
    project- boost coming soon !

Quote Originally Posted by acura8851
    1 doller per person

lol cheap mofo!

Hmm....ShakaLock??

Quote Originally Posted by Big Baller

DAMN IT!!..i had bad service yesterday at El Torerro on pleasant hill and the waiter sucked..i think i saw him walk by once for the 45 minutes me and my girlfriend were there and he never refilled my drink..Im mad i didnt think of something like that..ANd btw, i gave him a dollar..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by KIZDAWAY View Post
    Sounds like a date, wear some make-up cuz dis will be in HD. I'll bring da K-game, so you better be on race fuel cuz you'll need it. :boobies:
    Quote Originally Posted by Glides View Post

This whole, "It's just the internet" is just dumb. If that's the truth then the person busting you in the face for running your mouth can say, "It's just 5 cross yo lip dude, don't take it too seriously"

been a waiter and a valet so i try to tip well, but the service really is shitty then expect very little.

I usually try to tip atleast 15-20% just depends on the scale of the restaurant how much was spent on the entire bill, how much he / she actually worked to make sure we were taken care of. My pet peave is keeping my glass full of whatever I am drinking, if the glass is full so is the pocket of the server

Boosted 4door

Quote Originally Posted by Tim0713
    I always tip 20%, but there are times when i gotta tip less because of bad service. I work in a restaurant, so I know if they slackin or if they're just really busy. It really pisses me off when i bust my ass for a table and recieve 10%. I'm just like wtf....and its generally the same race that leaves 10%. I hate being racist and all so I'm not gonna mention which race.

you dont have to...all of us who work or have worked in the tip business know what you are talking about.

I valeted a large (^^^)wedding once downtown w/ 5 other guys and we parked around 100 cars that evening which the average for most weddings is about $3 per car...well we only made around $150 between all of us. i dont mean to racist either but its a pretty obvious observation.

i fuckin haaaaate tipping. I never have understood that they pay them nickels and dimes to depend on the customers tips.

mexican restaurants, i dont tip because you have like 3 people working on your table. the server never delivers the food. and they dont deliver the chips.
    www.MSSRACING.com - 99 Civic CX - Best ET: 9.53 / Best MPH: 160 - Competition Clutch - Arias Pistons - Coatings M.D. - Mahle-Clevite - ebtec - AHobbs Racing - JKOBD - TDC Performance
    Daily D: 2007 Dodge 2500 MEGA CAB, Cummins Turbo Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by SPOOLIN
    mexican restaurants, i dont tip because you have like 3 people working on your table. the server never delivers the food. and they dont deliver the chips.
    uh not sure i catch ur reasoning here...

I am a bartender and I know what you are saying. Although in a bar tipping is a little different. With tips on the mind waiters, waitresses, and others. Just know the best way to not mess the tip up before you even earned it is to always speak to the same sex first. Meaning if a female and a male go out to eat and the waitress comes speaks to the man first. "BAD MOVE".The woman with the man has full control over the tip situation now because the waitress disrespected her by not acknowleding her first. I hope this tip I have gave everyone will help. Trust me it is so true. This does apply to both sexes. If a male server comes up and speaks to the female first then it is total disrespect to the man. I have learned that it actually helps you get a better tip then "you were %to get)........
    Last edited by u_like_me; 08-02-2006 at 11:50 PM.

^^^good point

Thx...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam!
    ^^^good point

IA Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SPOOLIN
    i fuckin haaaaate tipping. I never have understood that they pay them nickels and dimes to depend on the customers tips.

Ignorant as hell. The reasoning behind it is simple buddy...

Think of it this way, if the DMV was getting paid by tips then wouldn't you think they would bust their asses to get people in an out?

If we all didn't have to tip and servers got paid a flat rate then whats the point of busting your ass to get that sweet tea filled up?

People say they tip shitty for shitty service, but I like to consider my surroundings. If the server is busy, but still refills my drink and gives me FOOD then he/she wasn't so bad, but I wish we all could think like that.. most people like to mistake 'busy servers' with 'shitty service.'

I usually tip 30-40% but I am a server, so I understand how it is...
    ~Val for President~
    ~RIP Leisa - You will be missed~

Wanna-be-OG

because tips have been a growing problem and headache when you go out to eat, I've set EVERY tip I've ever given @ $2. Yup!!

i usually round up to the nearest 10$ or 5$ (like if it was 27$ id give about 35) if its a cheaper meal

if its like 50+ i give about 20-30%

I always try to tip good because I know how it is. I have worked for Hooters and Applebees. Checks are shity because you only get paid 2.13 an hour so tips really make a difference
    THAT'S MY JAM!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Octopus™ View Post
    what do you have against Old Navy? What did Old Navy do to you? You should have had your gift reciept for your return you ghostfaced bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    How much do you normally tip?

i normally try to tip 20%... if you suck you get less if your good you'll get more. now i do have a pet peeve though places that include gratuity, your not going to get any more b/c i hate being force to pay for something that i have not decision on. if you suck you suck and you still get that gratuity charge. also anyone notice alot of the pizza places all now charge a delivery fee? that kinda pisses me off two so i don't tip as big for pizza delivery as i used to.

You don't have to leave the gratuity that they add.

I waited tables and bartended for 14 years. I used to make loot. $1000 a week bartending m-thurs 10am - 6pm when I started at the shop full time. That was at Taco Mac in Decatur. What was I thinking!!!!!!????
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

i tip based on service, then I look at how much. if it was a 20 buck meal but the service was excellent, I'll tip 50%.
    The Carbon Fibered R6

20-25%

itakepictures

i work as a waiter for a summer job, so knowing how shitty and crappy the job is i tip at least 25%.

not bashing on asians or anything, but damn they tip like shit. out of a 50 dollar meal, a guy left me 93 cents just to even out his credit card bill. he had the balls to come back too, i made sure he got the worst service possible.

put yourselves in their shoes, some people make a living off what you leave them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast