Results 1 to 40 of 54

Thread: The GA Valorem Tax can suck it !!!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    magical negro/photog .blank cd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    12,103
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Potter View Post
    That's a lot of money, what kind of vehicles are you registering?
    Probably some newer more expensive cars. He would have paid that much if he bought them from a dealer. They're just trying to get sales tax from used cars.

    NIKON Squad member 01

    I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

  2. #2
    Certified Gearhead MOWE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    338
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Probably some newer more expensive cars. He would have paid that much if he bought them from a dealer. They're just trying to get sales tax from used cars.

    yeah but I paid 6.5% sales tax when I bought the vehicles...I also paid taxes for every year I have owned them in my home state..

    If I sold these any of these vehicles over the next 3 years I would screwed myself...I would need to own both for 5 years to recoop this initial cost...it really is a horrible system

  3. #3
    Senior Member | IA Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Columbus GA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    11,435
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Probably some newer more expensive cars. He would have paid that much if he bought them from a dealer. They're just trying to get sales tax from used cars.
    Yeah, even though our government is currently operating on 3x the 2nd highest budget in the history of humanity, what they need is more tax revenue.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
Announcement
Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!