Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speeding ticket Question

Oh I had one say something like that another time and he wasn't too happy when I completely shot him down asking things like "Do you have a laser range finder on your dash to confirm that I was indeed increasing the distance between your car and mine?" or "Have you thought about the fact that it only makes logical sense that you would have to increase your speed above mine in order to catch up to me? Clearly whatever speed you chose to do is not related to the speed I was traveling at the same time." If you were quick with math, you could easily throw them off with a few questions lol
    02' Miata

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
    It just sucks when officers pull out random numbers out of their ass for a speeding ticket. I know my first one (and the only time I've used no-lo) was right after I got my license. I was on Oak Rd. in Snellville and pulled out of a neighborhood on a downhill and goosed it a bit and came to a stop less than 1/4 mi down the road for a car turning left. When I stopped, I noticed a GCPD behind me and as soon as we started going he popped me. He claimed that he was coming down the road when I pulled out and that he "had to do 80mph to catch up to me and you were pulling away from me". Total bullshit. Anyone who has driven a Jeep Wrangler (even with the 4.0L) knows they are a parachute with wheels and won't go 0-80-0 in a 1/4 mile and come to a safe stop. So he gave me 80 in a 40. I later saw the posted speed limit on the road was 45, further proving that asshat was just being a dick and didn't care about what he was doing other than writing a ticket. In the years I have gotten tickets and have learned the system and dealt with cops, I look back and see how much bullshit that ticket was and how I could have fought it. But I was young and dumb and hired a lawyer to negotiate with the court. Paid a $350 fine, took DD class and paid the lawyer $250. Did it all on my own without my parents finding out...until a friend of a friend of my neighbor was talking to my mom and somehow found out. I was surprised I didn't get in trouble...my parents actually commended me on handling my own shit like an adult and taking responsibility...though they weren't happy that I did it in the first place. But still, cops sometime do pull shit out of their asses...and if you know it, you can fight it easier. But that was my story about using no-lo...because it was definitely helpful in a situation like that.

Hell, I still speed 10-15 over or go a little faster than the flow of traffic because I find that going a bit faster than other cars on multi-lane roads give me more control of where I am and is safer. I don't just haul ass everywhere though. But like many of us here, I still "get on it" on occasion for a bit of fun...when no one is around.
    Best situation I was in when I was younger was on 316. Cop pulled me over and said I was doing 95 in a 55, he literally got on the on-ramp and flipped his lights and pulled me over. Lectured me, asked me, "How I was driving a Corvette?". Replied, "My parents bought it and gave it to me as my car". Then the office asked where my dad worked, what he did, etc. Finally the officer asked for my parents phone number, got in his car and called them. Once he got back to my car he handed me my ID and insurance and said, "Your dad is now going to sell your car because of your actions". Immediately got a call and was basically dog cussed (understandable from parents perspective) for doing 100+ in a 55. So apparently the cop told my parents I was going faster than he told me. Eventually had a long talk with my parents and talked some logic into them, basically why wouldn't a cop take me to jail for the 40 over or 45+ over? Parents talked to a cop buddy and said there is no way I would get off without a warning ticket, or jail. I don't think it was a real cop. Who knows, not important anymore.

DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN!1 Black R's Avatar

Just go fight it IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasuki_Civic
    i woke up to the feeling of someone cutting my clothes from my pants to my bra. all in one cut

Quote Originally Posted by On_Her_Face View Post
    Best situation I was in when I was younger was on 316. Cop pulled me over and said I was doing 95 in a 55, he literally got on the on-ramp and flipped his lights and pulled me over. Lectured me, asked me, "How I was driving a Corvette?". Replied, "My parents bought it and gave it to me as my car". Then the office asked where my dad worked, what he did, etc. Finally the officer asked for my parents phone number, got in his car and called them. Once he got back to my car he handed me my ID and insurance and said, "Your dad is now going to sell your car because of your actions". Immediately got a call and was basically dog cussed (understandable from parents perspective) for doing 100+ in a 55. So apparently the cop told my parents I was going faster than he told me. Eventually had a long talk with my parents and talked some logic into them, basically why wouldn't a cop take me to jail for the 40 over or 45+ over? Parents talked to a cop buddy and said there is no way I would get off without a warning ticket, or jail. I don't think it was a real cop. Who knows, not important anymore.
    I'll tell you why you didnt go to jail, because your WHITE!

AFA HOLLYWOOD PREMIER LEAGUE EST. 1998

DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN DYLAN!1 Black R's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tasuki_Civic
    i woke up to the feeling of someone cutting my clothes from my pants to my bra. all in one cut

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12