Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: We should make a new forum "DomesticAtlanta.com"

Default We should make a new forum "DomesticAtlanta.com"

I know a lot of us have gotten out of the import world. I finally realized that boosted GSR's just needed too much money to keep up with a h/c/e LS1. Lol. But ya, I know that domesticatlanta.com is currently not a registered website. I still like browsing on here, lending a helping hand in the tech department whenever I can. But I think a domestic forum would be helpful too.

I like LS1tech.com. but its hard to find local meets, or members, even in the location specific section.

And Im sure in no time it would be up to par with members and we could start running advertisement's and making some money back.

What do you guys think?

inb4 "goawaydomesticfag"
    Project Seksie DailyDriver : '74 Firebird 455
    The Beast : '01 Transam
    The Grocery Getter : '09 Fit. The fit is go...

Or you could just post here like normal. I would imagine one site is enough work to host.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Bitches love bacon.

Instead of a new forum a new section would probably be cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
    Leave it to E36Slide to turn a thready gay.....like everything he touches.
    I like telling everyone I know that we are extremely personal friends.
    And I still have your cell phone number from that one time we traded wheels.
    And I'll sell it to them for $5.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

DomesticAtlanta has already been done. By none other than the guys that started IA. It was here about 5 years ago and got no traffic. There's really no need for another section as there are already appropriate sections on IA for domestic cars. There is an EVENTS section for all events. There is a CAR PICS section for pics of cars. There is even a TECH section specifically for Dodge, Chevrolet and Ford already on here. I don't see what else is needed. All bases are already covered.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Senior Member | IA Veteran

The imports know that domestics own atlanta..... the title is trivial.

Regardless if domestic cars run ia i still will never own one. Why not make your own forum just for you muscle heads? Yall can talk about cams, flowmasters and small blocks all Day!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
    <3 Catnipples

Quote Originally Posted by E36slide View Post
    Regardless if domestic cars run ia i still will never own one. Why not make your own forum just for you muscle heads? Yall can talk about cams, flowmasters and small blocks all Day!

Fear of him turning out like you is why i vow to never have children.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Fear of him turning out like you is why i vow to never have children.
    What you didnt like my ignorant sarcastic comnent sin? You of all people should respect a good sarcastic ignorant comnent. You create threads like this daily.

<3 Catnipples

Or they can continue to post on here without fear of discrimination because at the end of the day who gives a fuck what you drive. We all enjoy the same thing.

Bitches love bacon.

and since when did a boosted b18 not keep up with a ls1? Maybe not on 7pounds but with $4k your in there lol .
    1994 Nissan Skyline BNR32- Currently being built for 1000+awhp (the works)

2003 Subaru Wrx (jdm sti ext.conv)- 6.0 LSx , T56, Fast 92 TB,IM,MS4 cam,+++

1995 Nissan S14.5- Sr20det, built motor, full race 3071r turbo kit, z32 tranny+++

1997 Honda Civic Ek Hatch- In process: K24/20 BC stroker, custom turbo kit, tubbed +++

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Or they can continue to post on here without fear of discrimination because at the end of the day who gives a fuck what you drive. We all enjoy the same thing.

Hey i dont mind lol

<3 Catnipples

What you didnt like my ignorant sarcastic comnent sin? You of all people should respect a good sarcastic ignorant comnent. You create threads like this daily.

Talking about you not owning a domestic. If i had a kid and he told me he would never want a mustang, that he would rather have a civic or a drift car..... that would be like hoping your kid wanted to play football and him asking you if he could be a cheerleader instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny Naber View Post
    and since when did a boosted b18 not keep up with a ls1? Maybe not on 7pounds but with $4k your in there lol .
    Ls1's arnt anything special lol ive beaten a few with a sr but its a good motor though. Good platform to get cheap easy power

<3 Catnipples

Ls1's arnt anything special lol ive beaten a few with a sr but its a good motor though. Good platform to get cheap easy power

I out ran tons of mustangs in town, went out specifically looking for mustangs....... It's fun to play the underdog role.... but at the end of the day, i knew which mustangs to seek out and which to avoid and was aware of reality.

and yes, LsX's are special.

see these in a parking lot, roll in and set up a race.

See this in a parking lot, roll up the windows and drive by.

because you "out ran that one guy that one time" doesnt mean anything.

I out ran tons of mustangs in town, went out specifically looking for mustangs....... It's fun to play the underdog role.... but at the end of the day, i knew which mustangs to seek out and which to avoid and was aware of reality.

and yes, LsX's are special.

see these in a parking lot, roll in and set up a race.

See this in a parking lot, roll up the windows and drive by.

because you "out ran that one guy that one time" doesnt mean anything.
    I've out ran more then one guy lol you were seeking out people with less money. All the guys that have really bad ass mustangs spent a lot to have such fast street cars. You cant knock imports for being less of a car just beause its not a v8. No car is better then the other if you have an abundance of money.

<3 Catnipples

IA.COM Founder.

I would much rather drive my C5 them a 240.

I've out ran more then one guy lol you were seeking out people with less money. All the guys that have really bad ass mustangs spent a lot to have such fast street cars. You cant knock imports for being less of a car just beause its not a v8. No car is better then the other if you have an abundance of money.

Actually the opposite.... i was seeking out the expensive ones. The SN95s with superchargers. The ones that are "notches on the belt" so to speak. I've literally owned 50 mustangs, i know what im looking at and know who i can and cant outrun.

Cars are not created equally. The money i spent on my 240, ive spent on foxbodys that ran 9s. Not only that.... the mustangs were easier to work with.

Actually the opposite.... i was seeking out the expensive ones. The SN95s with superchargers. The ones that are "notches on the belt" so to speak. I've literally owned 50 mustangs, i know what im looking at and know who i can and cant outrun.

Cars are not created equally. The money i spent on my 240, ive spent on foxbodys that ran 9s. Not only that.... the mustangs were easier to work with.
    Literally? Wow.

On another note those pictures are great representations of the mustang to run and the one to drive past for most on this site.
    Twisted Loop Racing

Quote Originally Posted by 05dc5s View Post
    Literally? Wow.

On another note those pictures are great representations of the mustang to run and the one to drive past for most on this site.
    For most on this site I'd think rolling up the window and driving past all 3 of those Mustangs would be the best bet hahaha.

I agree with Bacon and others. Just post on this forum

2013 GT500
    1989 Mustang 5.0

Any car is capable of running 9' s I was just watching a rb26 miata do it and it didnt take much money to achive that time either. Obviously the people you beat didnt have much money or every car you would havr raced would havs been the same. You dont see rich guys racing semi modded mustangs.

Mustangs are not easier to work with, just for you. no one cares to make a 240 run 9's. Hell drag racing at a whole is a older crowed who still think muscle cars run the scene. Not many people from my generation car to drag thats why you dont see 240' s running 9' s. I would feel like I accomplished more making a sr run 9' s over a 32v fox body any day. It takes more mechanical skill and no how,.you must not like a challenge.

<3 Catnipples

i has stock car :D

Back on topic with this thread, whatever happened to muscle car evolution? I thought that was an atlanta based muscle head forum?

Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by IOnlyLookStock View Post
    I like LS1tech.com. but its hard to find local meets, or members, even in the location specific section.
    I'm on LS1Tech

MCE is still around, but a lot of infighting and cliqueness dragged it down. I'm on there as well, but rarely post.

Edit: I am always at the Fbody Gathering that happens Memorial Day weekend every year.

.... I would feel like I accomplished more making a sr run 9' s over a 32v fox body any day. It takes more mechanical skill and no how,.you must not like a challenge.
    Engine swap fox for the win

2013 GT500
    1989 Mustang 5.0

Import , domestic...it doesnt matter.

A clean car that runs will always be that...no matter if its import or domestic.

Keep it the same IMO....everyone posts anyways

LS motors are special BTW....thats why so many people want to use em as a swap

migrate to musclecarevolution.com ........

Any car is capable of running 9' s I was just watching a rb26 miata do it and it didnt take much money to achive that time either. Obviously the people you beat didnt have much money or every car you would havr raced would havs been the same. You dont see rich guys racing semi modded mustangs.

Mustangs are not easier to work with, just for you. no one cares to make a 240 run 9's. Hell drag racing at a whole is a older crowed who still think muscle cars run the scene. Not many people from my generation car to drag thats why you dont see 240' s running 9' s. I would feel like I accomplished more making a sr run 9' s over a 32v fox body any day. It takes more mechanical skill and no how,.you must not like a challenge.

You should really just refrain from talking about drag racing and stick to sliding in parking lots. Every time you indulge in a conversation about drag racing, you remind me that you know nothing about it.

It's not that nobody cares to make 240s run 9s.... if that's theyre realistic and you get to a point where you have to say.... "im not gonna spend $40,000 on this $2500 car....."

My last 240 was faster than any car you've ever owned, yet you keep talking to me like you've done something with one i havnt. The only thing you've done with a car that i havnt is slide it around a parking lot.

Did he really just use "rb26 Miata" and "didnt take much money" in the same sentance? I mean last I checked, that motor still go for 5k, then a Miata that can transfer that power to the ground would be a good price too.. then......
    Forget it, Im just making myself angry. Lol.

There are drag cars, drift cars, and cars that dont do shit but looks pretty. I dont care who has what, They are all cool in thier own way.

I couldnt relate to a Swapped 240 that was the shit at drifting, but I would still give him crazy respect for doing his thing, and being good at it.

I was really just looking for a forum as good as this one but with more domestic specific and Local meets/people/classifieds/tech ect...
    Project Seksie DailyDriver : '74 Firebird 455
    The Beast : '01 Transam
    The Grocery Getter : '09 Fit. The fit is go...

Did he really just use "rb26 Miata" and "didnt take much money" in the same sentance? I mean last I checked, that motor still go for 5k, then a Miata that can transfer that power to the ground would be a good price too.. then......

There are drag cars, drift cars, and cars that dont do shit but looks pretty. I dont care who has what, They are all cool in thier own way.

I couldnt relate to a Swapped 240 that was the shit at drifting, but I would still give him crazy respect for doing his thing, and being good at it.

I was really just looking for a forum as good as this one but with more domestic specific and Local meets/people/classifieds/tech ect...
    His mental understanding of drag racing doesnt go beyond typing HP X Weight into a ET calculator.

You should really just refrain from talking about drag racing and stick to sliding in parking lots. Every time you indulge in a conversation about drag racing, you remind me that you know nothing about it.

It's not that nobody cares to make 240s run 9s.... if that's theyre realistic and you get to a point where you have to say.... "im not gonna spend $40,000 on this $2500 car....."

My last 240 was faster than any car you've ever owned, yet you keep talking to me like you've done something with one i havnt. The only thing you've done with a car that i havnt is slide it around a parking lot.
    Ive owned a few cars faster then your 240 guy lol

A old fox body isnt much more then a old 240 dumb ass. Just because i didnt elaberate doesnt meam I dont know what im talking about. Drag racing isnt all just power to weight but its good tp have and means less money you have to invest in the motor and focus more on drive train and suspension ect.

If I cared to talk to actual people who drag race it wouldnt be any of you.

<3 Catnipples

How do you know what he payed or how he aquired said parts?

I was speculating im sure of any of use started from scratch any 9 second car is costing a lot.

He makes it seem as if only mustangs runs 9' s for cheap...

<3 Catnipples

Quote Originally Posted by SHHHH View Post
    Engine swap fox for the win
    Isnt that what most pro street mustang drivers do? Or do they build the original 5 slow

<3 Catnipples

Isnt that what most pro street mustang drivers do? Or do they build the original 5 slow
    Fox bodies dont come with 32v 5.0's is why I said that. The original fox 5.0 isnt too shabby. Single turbo kits for those motors can be had fairly cheap and produce nice numbers.

2013 GT500
    1989 Mustang 5.0

Fox bodies dont come with 32v 5.0's is why I said that. The original fox 5.0 isnt too shabby. Single turbo kits for those motors can be had fairly cheap and produce nice numbers.
    Oh I know they didnt come with the 32v but im assuming thats a swap most owners do. Kinda like most 240 owners do the sr swap. Easy, cheap, and affective.

<3 Catnipples

Oh I know they didnt come with the 32v but im assuming thats a swap most owners do. Kinda like most 240 owners do the sr swap. Easy, cheap, and affective.
    Nah, most stick with the OHV 5.0.

2013 GT500
    1989 Mustang 5.0

Nah, most stick with the OHV 5.0.
    Well ive heard out the box there nothing special seems like someone would have to invest quite a lot to run 9' s

<3 Catnipples

Well ive heard out the box there nothing special seems like someone would have to invest quite a lot to run 9' s
    Not too many cars out there where you can just bolt on parts and run 9's hahaha. Once you start talking about single digits everything gets expensive.
    Single turbo kits arent too expensive for the ohv 5.0 motor but I think they will only hold to around 500rwhp safely.

You can buy 10 second Fox bodies and 5.0 sn-95s for under $10,000 all day though. Overall they are a very inexpensive platform to go off of.

2013 GT500
    1989 Mustang 5.0

Not too many cars out there where you can just bolt on parts and run 9's hahaha. Once you start talking about single digits everything gets expensive.
    Single turbo kits arent too expensive for the ohv 5.0 motor but I think they will only hold to around 500rwhp safely.

You can buy 10 second Fox bodies and 5.0 sn-95s for under $10,000 all day though. Overall they are a very inexpensive platform to go off of.
    Thats also my point I wasn't knocking the fox body I was just stating any route or car you choose will be costly to run thoughs times, but stating the mustang is the overall better choice is just ignorant. If this was the case all you would see is brostangs at the strip.

<3 Catnipples

Thats also my point I wasn't knocking the fox body I was just stating any route or car you choose will be costly to run thoughs times, but stating the mustang is the overall better choice is just ignorant. If this was the case all you would see is brostangs at the strip.
    I'm bias but its tough to beat a fox body platform dollar for dollar.

2013 GT500
    1989 Mustang 5.0

Ive owned a few cars faster then your 240 guy lol

A old fox body isnt much more then a old 240 dumb ass. Just because i didnt elaberate doesnt meam I dont know what im talking about. Drag racing isnt all just power to weight but its good tp have and means less money you have to invest in the motor and focus more on drive train and suspension ect.

If I cared to talk to actual people who drag race it wouldnt be any of you.

No you havnt.

If you actually went to drag strips you would realize that "brostangs" actually are the predominant vehicle present.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast