Thread: Finished the dvd shelves yesterday!!

Default Finished the dvd shelves yesterday!!

Finally all done and all 2000+ dvd's are up.
    What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dvds-jpg  

IA Member

Nice!! Moar build parts less DVDs...

IA Member

Oh btw nice job on the family guy seasons

Certified Gearhead jonbuice5591's Avatar

i did this same thing except in the extra bedrooms walk in closet. lol

Quote Originally Posted by JDBenson View Post
    Oh btw nice job on the family guy seasons
    Thanks JD. Family guy is a must own for any DVD collection. I have a bunch of weird stuff too, like tons of B rated horror flicks and season collections of old 90's cartoons i used to watch (GI Joe, Transformers,....Snorks) as for the build... it was so simple it wasn't even worth describing.

Quote Originally Posted by jonbuice5591 View Post
    i did this same thing except in the extra bedrooms walk in closet. lol
    Nice! I rent this place so I couldn't do any major mods but I plan on buying a house soon. I need a bigger room for a nursery and i would like a man cave with a billiard table...and a garage would be nice so i could work on my POS.

wow nice

Emergency Medical Tech

Show off!!

You don't know how STRONG you are until being strong is the only
    CHOICE you have!

'Born Ready!',LJ

too many dvds

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

Never enough DVD's. NEED MOAR!

LOL thats a hell of a DVD collection!

Should build a media center PC and store all of those on it, then you wouldnt have to hang shelves or even have to try and find any movies lol.

You essentially have a built motor and monster turbo hanging on your wall. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Wow... I thought I liked movies.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAMERIZKING View Post
    You essentially have a built motor and monster turbo hanging on your wall. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
    This collections been building for years and is a culmination of both mine and my girls Dvd's. I had a decent BB2/H22A build going till some failed abortion in a GS Lex plowed me at a red light going 50, and pushed me under a Ford econo Van. Dude had no insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by green91 View Post
    LOL thats a hell of a DVD collection!

Should build a media center PC and store all of those on it, then you wouldnt have to hang shelves or even have to try and find any movies lol.
    this. Looks tacky.

I have all that on 1 PC tower neatly tucked behind my ent center. 10 TERABYTES, and they are all Blu-Ray.

The shelves themselves are a good idea, but out in the open like that...............just looks tacky and cluttered
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Tower, to the right. I have prob over 2000 movies and 200 gigs of music
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -295705_2112111557882_1098446195_31808632_397290505_n-jpg   -379403_2138076326985_1098446195_31829599_424684121_n-jpg  
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    That is a clean set up . I was thinking about buying the terra but a part of me likes the display and the other part of me is too lazy to go on that mission of ripping them one by one

my parents have a book shelf setup like yours, its retarded lol do you have them in alphabetical order?
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Yeah. I was originally going to set them up by genres but I had already invest hours in putting them in alphabetical order that I figured it would be a waste of time. Maybe next time I move. I want to build an entertainment wall fixture so i can hide all the wires from my game systems, fiber optics, surround, 3D components, etc. Its not messy but i hate knowing the cables are all zip tied behind the hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    I would love to do something like that... But I would be eternally frightened of it crashing/breaking and losing everything. Hell, just on my piddly-ass home computer I have an external hard drive + encrypted cloud based back up... That way I have a back-up to my back-up. I'm sick.

I like having the movie/CD/whatever in my hand.

Disk space is so cheap now (and will get even cheaper once this alleged hd shortage goes away later this year), if you were paranoid you could throw up a cheap NAS unit elsewhere in the house to mirror your storage on the htpc. cloud backup of 8-10terabytes would require a hell of an internet connection with fast upload.

LOL, i thought i was the only one with multi stage archive for my data.

Home PC, physical dvd back up, and complete data archive in a bank vault in case of data loss on premises, lol. All i need is cloud based archive but i just don't trust it b/c i'm not in control. Hell there are people at work who only take paychecks in hand, direct deposit is not an option for them - talk about old school.

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    I would love to do something like that... But I would be eternally frightened of it crashing/breaking and losing everything. Hell, just on my piddly-ass home computer I have an external hard drive + encrypted cloud based back up... That way I have a back-up to my back-up. I'm sick.

Honda - supplying products of the highest quality at a reasonable cost. Member of the high mileage club.

BODHI - "whats the lowest you will take" then dont even bother posting in this thread! i dont have the time wasting on fuckin dumbfucks who dont know how shit works -- which is me, selling a phone and expecting someone to buy it. At least have some balls to tell me that youre too cheap to buy or say - fuck shoot me a pm if youre too embarrassed

I forgot to mention I also back-up all my pictures for the year on to a DVD and store it in the fire-safe that sits inside the regular fire-proof safe.

Jesus, when you sit back and look at it... I am insane. But, the one thing you can never replace is pictures, so it's worth it.

^ Let me clarify, lol. I physically take my data to a safe deposit box inside a commercial bank. I continually update this archive inside the safe deposit box. Redundant, maybe. But data is very important since i'm almost paperless.

Honda - supplying products of the highest quality at a reasonable cost. Member of the high mileage club.

BODHI - "whats the lowest you will take" then dont even bother posting in this thread! i dont have the time wasting on fuckin dumbfucks who dont know how shit works -- which is me, selling a phone and expecting someone to buy it. At least have some balls to tell me that youre too cheap to buy or say - fuck shoot me a pm if youre too embarrassed

You win.

an external hard drive could have carried everything on those shelves and not made a part of your house tacky.
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.EM1 View Post
    learn to english

http://www.geexbox.org/download/ and some $200 bux of hard drives from microcenter, + 100 bux worth of mobo/cpu/ram/etc = win

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrizzle View Post
    an external hard drive could have carried everything on those shelves and not made a part of your house tacky.
    I am very grateful that my enormous collection of Dvd’s compelled you to come up with such a well thought out display of original and constructive criticism. You sir are a genius, and if you can pull your step dads’ fists off your mothers' purple, shame ridden, meth face for two seconds I bet he’d be honored to put that up on the fridge for you. I mean who would have thought that out of this whole thread you would be the only one to make such a clever suggestion. Great job! You get a golden star.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -star-jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post

Updated virus software and being careful about where you download from minimizes that factor. Plus, you can always back up digital data to external sources, or clouds, or whatever.

Personally, music is backup via cloud already so it doesnt matter. Movies/TV Shows, easily backed up, and if your computer nukes itself for some unforseen reason, you can always download them again. I have had this motherboard for 6 years with no problems...........yet.

Hardrives can go a long time before failing
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I have a pc set aside just for file storage with redundant mirrored drives. i dont use it otherwise.

Mike how are you getting the movies to the tv? direct connection from hdmi video card or an intermediate box like an apple tv?
    www.MSSRACING.com - 99 Civic CX - Best ET: 9.53 / Best MPH: 160 - Competition Clutch - Arias Pistons - Coatings M.D. - Mahle-Clevite - ebtec - AHobbs Racing - JKOBD - TDC Performance
    Daily D: 2007 Dodge 2500 MEGA CAB, Cummins Turbo Diesel

LOL this thread is making me want to create another for everyone to share their data replication/backup solutions!