Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in sience?

Evolution is based on scientific fact, yes

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

here you go, it would be highly suspect to say that the name, teachings, and practice of faith in Jesus has not been spread to every culture at some point in time. Now, whether they accept to believe or not it entirely up to them....how will they be judged? I honestly can't answer that as I myself am not God and can not save nor condemn a mans soul.
    riding for God crew member #1

IA Domestic Alliance

how do you know that the translation hasnt changed, and yes evolution is fact. im not saying that we came from the sea necessarily as it says up there that we were not created in our current form, and there are fossils that prove that we have changed over time. I didnt say that they havent heard of Jesus, i said that they were born somewhere where that is not a common religion, but bc your bible is 100% fact every jew, every muslim, every buddhist, everyone who isnt a christian is going to hell. if thats the case you worship a vengeful, spiteful God that I would want no part of. you accuse those who dont believe in your religion of being narrow minded but you are also being narrow minded

.Blank cd- I didn't ask if evolution was based on fact, i asked is the " theory" of evolution been proven as indisputable cold, hard, proven FACT?

IA Domestic Alliance

again, i never said that they hadnt heard of him. that would be like saying because youre a christian you have never heard of buddha thats just silly.

Short answer = Yes. Thats what evolutionary biologists would tell you

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

i think you should read the book into the Jungle and actually read what Darwin's theory is. because i think you are under the misconception that Darwin was saying that there is no God and that we just appeared one day.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    There is one absolute truth as far as Biblical interpretation goes. If you are not a scholar of the Bible then I wouldn't expect you to understand. The Old Testament did not " evolve " to fit the ever changing morality of men....Jesus did not have to authorize a rewriting of it. He was and is the complete fulfillment of Mosaic Law and abolished it when He died on the cross and rose again. The "Law" was needed to continue civilization but itself did not give freedom nor justify the man. The Old Testament was full of prophecy of one that would be born to due away with the old kingdom and bring in the new....Jesus was this promised "Christ" who did away with the "Law" that bound men and brought death and instead gave them freedom, life, and justice in the form of the "Law of Grace". The basic message outlined throughout the scriptures has not changed my friend. That can clearly be seen as ancient manuscripts have been discovered that show this. What has changed in the Bible is not translation but rather application.
    There's more loopholes in the bible than there is in the tax code. There's 143 direct contradictions in the bible. Everything leads you in a circle. The only answer it gives to your questions is that you shouldnt be looking for answers. It's clever manipulation based on fear and greed.

Need a nap now............ nothing puts me to sleep like breaking out bible verses.

Evolution is not scientific Fact my friends, other wise it would be "scientific LAW" much like gravity. There are parts that are factual and parts that cannot be observed...i.e. "macro-evolution". Im not saying evolution is a lie, im saying that it itself in no way shape or form replaces nor explains God or the origin of life.

Now ofcourse the Bible translation has changed, its been translated into english, spanish, italian, ect......BUT the message of salvation echoed throughout it has not changed. How do I know this? Ancient manuscripts dating thousands of years old written way before the first " official" canonized Bible that was commissioned a few centuries even after the time of the apostles and Jesus. Then you have writings not only of the apostles and their disciples but of other roman, greek, and jewish scholars that were actually threatened by the " Jesus movement ". The government at the time thought of this movement as a rebellion and did its best to try and crush it...or do you doubt the history books that detail this as the Roman persecution of Christians? They saw that they could not destroy it, so they followed the basic idea of " if you can't beat them, join them". But what they did was to change the application of the bible. They gave themselves divine authority in the form of a "pope" and appointed "bishops". It was not the message that was corrupt but the application. Much like the government in the United States. The Constitution is no longer seen as literally to be followed but rather in the " spirit of the message" in which case amendments can be made by men today ( not the founding fathers) as to what still applies and what does not. Does that make the Constitution then invalid?

IA Domestic Alliance

There's 143 direct contradictions in the bible.
    please do give me one example of this and why and where it is condradicting

IA Domestic Alliance

ok, so because there are small parts of evolution can not be proven it is obviously not true but so much of the bible cannot be proven and yet it is true? i really think that you need to rethink your logic. and you still havent come back with a answer to creating us with the same basic structure as he does dogs? now why would he do that? why would he give us a blind spot and not the squid?

evolution is fact, we evolve to fit our environment. it may not be noticeable to the naked eye but it is there. you want to say that my beliefs are wrong because of tiny missing details, well when the bible is proven to all but a few tiny details i might agree to listen to it. until then it is just a book written and translated by men.

now is that to say that there is no truth in the bible and that over all it has a good message? no. i think that its message is good but its no different than any other fairy tale with the exception of having billions of fans.

Evolution is not scientific Fact my friends, other wise it would be "scientific LAW" much like gravity. There are parts that are factual and parts that cannot be observed...i.e. "macro-evolution". Im not saying evolution is a lie, im saying that it itself in no way shape or form replaces nor explains God or the origin of life.
    Then you clearly don't understand the definition of scientific law, or scientific fact.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Once again, its the definitions of these words that people of faith like to "simplify". Evolution is a scientific fact and theory based on the text book definition of the words fact and theory. By changing the definition of the word "theory" into "something like a guess that hasnt been proven" makes evolution sound like it doesnt exist. Theory does not mean "something like a guess that hasnt been proven". This is far from the actual definition. Scientific Law is another word they like to simplify. Law does not mean "A theory with better supporting evidence". A theory will always be a theory, and a law will always be a law

By the way, the Law of Gravity has been replaced by Reletivity.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Main Entry: scientific law
    Part of Speech: n
    Definition: a phenomenon of nature that has been proven to invariably occur whenever certain conditions exist or are met; also, a formal statement about such a phenomenon; also called natural law
    Main Entry: scientific fact
    Part of Speech: n
    Definition: any observation that has been repeatedly confirmed and accepted as true; any scientific observation that has not been refuted
    Example: The structure of a cell membrane is considered a scientific fact.
    Yes, since there are missing parts to the theory that are either assumed, filled in, or ignored i would say that it is not cold, hard, fact! I didn't say the Bible should be taken by all as hard fact, i said for me personally that is how I view it.

and you still havent come back with a answer to creating us with the same basic structure as he does dogs? now why would he do that? why would he give us a blind spot and not the squid?
    I am not God, nor am i an expert in genetics, but from research i have done, the human body is perfectly suitable for the present environment that we live in. To me, if WE are perfectly equipt to live on our planet, would God have not done a perfect job? Same goes for any living species on this planet, they are all perfectly equipt to survive their environment and what they need to have life and reproduce.

You can believe in evolution, that is your choice. I too, to an extent, believe in natural selection and adaptation to ones environment....BUT even the FACTS ( i use that term very loosely) do not provide an explanation of why or how the universe originated.

IA Domestic Alliance

On the other hand, we have the word "conjecture" which is an idea that is unproven, but is thought to be true and has yet to be disproven. God, Jesus, and creation science fit into this definition

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

There are FACTS and LAW that are indisputable...for example....one day everything that lives, dies. There is a sun in the sky that produces life giving light. There is always an effect to every cause and the effect can not come before the cause. Humans require water, oxygen, and a food source to survive. These are all very known FACTS and to argue against them would be foolish and you would be labeled as insane or ignorant. Evolution is disputable and therefore can not be considered as 100% infallible truth.

IA Domestic Alliance

Yes, since there are missing parts to the theory that are either assumed, filled in, or ignored i would say that it is not cold, hard, fact! I didn't say the Bible should be taken by all as hard fact, i said for me personally that is how I view it.
    There is no missing parts to evolution theory. Nothing is filled in or assumed. There is tested and untested. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    You can believe in evolution, that is your choice. I too, to an extent, believe in natural selection and adaptation to ones environment....BUT even the FACTS ( i use that term very loosely) do not provide an explanation of why or how the universe originated.
    This part in bold has nothing to do with evolution. We call this "abiogenesis". The study of the origin of life

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Label what you want, "evolution" and " the big bang" are taught as fact yet they are not. Neither one offers a clear explanation of why or how.

IA Domestic Alliance

If we are perfectly suited to our current environment why do we get sick? Why do we have diseases?

Evolution is disputable and therefore can not be considered as 100% infallible truth.
    There are very few 100% infalible truths in science, if any.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

i.e. " missing link". you stand corrected sir. Then please answer my original question. what do you believed made/caused/created the known universe and life?

IA Domestic Alliance

Label what you want, "evolution" and " the big bang" are taught as fact yet they are not. Neither one offers a clear explanation of why or how.
    Because evolution is a scientific fact. Evolution exists. Evolution is not Abiogenesis, and abiogenesis is not evolution. Im not labeling it, this is what it is.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

If we are perfectly suited to our current environment why do we get sick? Why do we have diseases?
    Man made viruses, bacteria, ect aside; we are created perfectly to survive in our environments and to reproduce. That is not to say that we are invincible and can not die. oh but the belief in God takes care of that too, our souls are eternal and will not cease to exist. You will obviously dismiss this but you can not deny that everything has a beginning and an end, and we as a species are suited to follow this course of nature

IA Domestic Alliance

Blank cd- you still didn't provide an answer to the original question. What do you believe and why?

IA Domestic Alliance

i.e. " missing link". you stand corrected sir. Then please answer my original question. what do you believed made/caused/created the known universe and life?
    When you talk about "missng link" are you talking about transitional fossils?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

I never said God didn't create ... I believe he created life but not "Adam and Eve" ... and man created disease how did you come up with that conclusion?

Until we come along with a better theory, I have to believe the big bang was the origin of the universe. as far as life on earth, Im gonna go with the chemical origin of life theory

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

There is no missing parts to evolution theory. Nothing is filled in or assumed. There is tested and untested. Simple as that.
    Yes i was referring to the transitional fossils. And what about evolution that cannot be observed? i.e. "macro-evolution"

I never said God didn't create ... I believe he created life but not "Adam and Eve" ... and man created disease how did you come up with that conclusion?
    Every religious belief has their god(s), deity, power creating man. How do you believe God created everything else...except man? Yes men have created diseases in labs...common knowledge. You didn't answer my question...can you deny that man is sufficient in his role of living, surviving, and being able to reproduce?

Until we come along with a better theory, I have to believe the big bang was the origin of the universe. as far as life on earth, Im gonna go with the chemical origin of life theory
    This theory is a process or a means by which something happened...yet it still does not tell why the process happened nor does it tell what the "singularity" was or why it was there. Neither does it find itself on a solid foundation as it is not known for sure if the universe is homogeneous or not. see: hawkins' work on an inhomogeneous universe.

IA Domestic Alliance

Yes i was referring to the transitional fossils. And what about evolution that cannot be observed? i.e. "macro-evolution"
    What about transitional fossils do you not understand? Id be more than happy to explain them for you.

When you say "that cannot be observed", do you mean you yourself can't observe them? Because science can observe "macro-evolution"

Quote Originally Posted by geoff
    This theory is a process or a means by which something happened...yet it still does not tell why the process happened nor does it tell what the "singularity" was or why it was there. Neither does it find itself on a solid foundation as it is not known for sure if the universe is homogeneous or not. see: hawkins' work on an inhomogeneous universe.
    Really sounds like you're lumping all your theories into one theory, which creationists often do to try and discredit science.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

I said he create, not everything ... you added the everything I believe he created the first life and let nature take its course .... if he created us perfect whydidnt he do it right the first time? We are not the original design .... ok some diseases may have been created but you say it as if all diseases were .created by man ...

Really sounds like you're lumping all your theories into one theory, which creationists often do to try and discredit science.
    no, it is common knowledge that there are many different models of the big bang theory. Please give me an example of one that actually explains why the big bang happened or what put it into motion. Or better yet, explain how all this infinite matter and temperature came to be in the first place. As far as I knew, it was common knowledge and scientific law that something can not come from nothing, or are you trying to debate on this?....so if science falls short on giving an explanation I am truly curious as to what you personally believe.

I said he create, not everything ... you added the everything I believe he created the first life and let nature take its course .... if he created us perfect whydidnt he do it right the first time? We are not the original design .... ok some diseases may have been created but you say it as if all diseases were .created by man ...
    What do you mean " why didn't He create us perfect the first time?" If we were not the original design then please inform me on what was. And I said put aside diseases, bacteria, virus, ect...created by man....it is common knowledge that man kind has had an enormous impact on the world around us and that the environment surrounding the first man and woman is different than that of today.

IA Domestic Alliance

I have to say, I am really enjoying all the different input and the intelligent debate going on here. I have presented valid arguments to " christians " about why they do certain things and such...only to be written off as a heretic and that they hope i find what im looking for. Its nice to be able to speak openly to you all about my own beliefs and yours.

IA Domestic Alliance

no, it is common knowledge that there are many different models of the big bang theory.
    You do know there is only one model of the big bang theory, right? Do you know of another that scientists havent come up with yet? I'll go into gravitational singularities and relativity when I get back home

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

This entire conversation could have stayed in the other thread about "God". IMO, science has nothing to do with religion or the belief of "God."
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Bitches love bacon.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

I would like a response to my question from you because you are a mature individual who seems to have a mind of his own and second because i have always enjoyed our " debates ".
    I apologize, geoff, but for some reason, I can't respond. My mind is drawing a blank trying to come up with a response that doesn't make me sound like an idiot, but also not copying from Wikipedia, lolol. I know what I want to say, but I just can't come up with it on keyboard. I'll situate it later this evening and hopefully come up with an answer that we can chew on. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

ok a few things you said that we are perfect for reproduction, that is a 100% false statement. numerous children are aborted naturally aka miscarriage also every child is born premature because the birth canal has not caught up with us and if we were to be born when 100% mature then we couldnt come out without a c-section
    some our predecessors were born with enlarged jaws with flat teeth because and ridges on the top of their skulls which indicates that they were probably primarily if not entirely vegetarian their are fossils to back that up. that is the only example that i can come up with off the top of my head but there are several predecessors to our current form.

QD- i am very much looking forward to it.

.blank cd- lets put this debate of "evolution" aside. Now please answer the question i have asked many times to you....what are your beliefs?

CptWitwiki- Honestly man come on, there are always many factors as to what could complicate a birth, ect.....if the human species or any species for that matter where not perfect for reproduction then all known life on earth would have ceased to exist long ago. Please show me some data that clearly shows that these other forms were genetically our ancestors...not cousins or distant relatives, i mean direct.

IA Domestic Alliance

if we were perfect for birth reproduction there would be any complications. your arguments are those of a ignorant person. if you want to have an argument learn more about the other side before you start.
    we are not perfect for birth, we are born premature. fact. we have adapted to giving birth, by giving birth early.

there is scientific proof, you demand proof for what i state. but you have nor does any one the slightest proof that the bible is at all factual. so when you provide proof so will i

Senior Member | IA Veteran

please do give me one example of this and why and where it is condradicting

1. God is satisfied with his works
    Gen 1:31
    God is dissatisfied with his works.
    Gen 6:6

2. God dwells in chosen temples
    2 Chron 7:12,16
    God dwells not in temples
    Acts 7:48

3. God dwells in light
    Tim 6:16
    God dwells in darkness
    1 Kings 8:12/ Ps 18:11/ Ps 97:2

4. God is seen and heard
    Ex 33:23/ Ex 33:11/ Gen 3:9,10/ Gen 32:30/ Is 6:1/
    Ex 24:9-11
    God is invisible and cannot be heard
    John 1:18/ John 5:37/ Ex 33:20/ 1 Tim 6:16

5. God is tired and rests
    Ex 31:17
    God is never tired and never rests
    Is 40:28

6. God is everywhere present, sees and knows all things
    Prov 15:3/ Ps 139:7-10/ Job 34:22,21
    God is not everywhere present, neither sees nor knows all
    things
    Gen 11:5/ Gen 18:20,21/ Gen 3:8

7. God knows the hearts of men
    Acts 1:24/ Ps 139:2,3
    God tries men to find out what is in their heart
    Deut 13:3/ Deut 8:2/ Gen 22:12

8. God is all powerful
    Jer 32:27/ Matt 19:26
    God is not all powerful
    Judg 1:19

9. God is unchangeable
    James 1:17/ Mal 3:6/ Ezek 24:14/ Num 23:19
    God is changeable
    Gen 6:6/ Jonah 3:10/ 1 Sam 2:30,31/ 2 Kings 20:1,4,5,6/
    Ex 33:1,3,17,14

10. God is just and impartial
    Ps 92:15/ Gen 18:25/ Deut 32:4/ Rom 2:11/ Ezek 18:25
    God is unjust and partial
    Gen 9:25/ Ex 20:5/ Rom 9:11-13/ Matt 13:12

11. God is the author of evil
    Lam 3:38/ Jer 18:11/ Is 45:7/ Amos 3:6/ Ezek 20:25
    God is not the author of evil
    1 Cor 14:33/ Deut 32:4/ James 1:13

12. God gives freely to those who ask
    James 1:5/ Luke 11:10
    God withholds his blessings and prevents men from receiving
    them
    John 12:40/ Josh 11:20/ Is 63:17

13. God is to be found by those who seek him
    Matt 7:8/ Prov 8:17
    God is not to be found by those who seek him
    Prov 1:28

14. God is warlike
    Ex 15:3/ Is 51:15
    God is peaceful
    Rom 15:33/ 1 Cor 14:33

15. God is cruel, unmerciful, destructive, and ferocious
    Jer 13:14/ Deut 7:16/ 1 Sam 15:2,3/ 1 Sam 6:19
    God is kind, merciful, and good
    James 5:11/ Lam 3:33/ 1 Chron 16:34/ Ezek 18:32/ Ps 145:9/
    1 Tim 2:4/ 1 John 4:16/ Ps 25:8

16. God's anger is fierce and endures long
    Num 32:13/ Num 25:4/ Jer 17:4
    God's anger is slow and endures but for a minute
    Ps 103:8/ Ps 30:5

17. God commands, approves of, and delights in burnt offerings,
    sacrifices ,and holy days
    Ex 29:36/ Lev 23:27/ Ex 29:18/ Lev 1:9
    God disapproves of and has no pleasure in burnt offerings,
    sacrifices, and holy days.
    Jer 7:22/ Jer 6:20/ Ps 50:13,4/ Is 1:13,11,12

18. God accepts human sacrifices
    2 Sam 21:8,9,14/ Gen 22:2/ Judg 11:30-32,34,38,39
    God forbids human sacrifice
    Deut 12:30,31

19. God tempts men
    Gen 22:1/ 2 Sam 24:1/ Jer 20:7/ Matt 6:13
    God tempts no man
    James 1:13

20. God cannot lie
    Heb 6:18
    God lies by proxy; he sends forth lying spirits t deceive
    2 Thes 2:11/ 1 Kings 22:23/ Ezek 14:9

21. Because of man's wickedness God destroys him
    Gen 6:5,7
    Because of man's wickedness God will not destroy him
    Gen 8:21

22. God's attributes are revealed in his works.
    Rom 1:20
    God's attributes cannot be discovered
    Job 11:7/ Is 40:28

23. There is but one God
    Deut 6:4
    There is a plurality of gods
    Gen 1:26/ Gen 3:22/ Gen 18:1-3/ 1 John 5:7

24. Robbery commanded
    Ex 3:21,22/ Ex 12:35,36
    Robbery forbidden
    Lev 19:13/ Ex 20:15

25. Lying approved and sanctioned
    Josh 2:4-6/ James 2:25/ Ex 1:18-20/ 1 Kings 22:21,22
    Lying forbidden
    Ex 20:16/ Prov 12:22/ Rev 21:8

26. Hatred to the Edomite sanctioned
    2 Kings 14:7,3
    Hatred to the Edomite forbidden
    Deut 23:7

27. Killing commanded
    Ex 32:27
    Killing forbidden
    Ex 20:13

28. The blood-shedder must die
    Gen 9:5,6
    The blood-shedder must not die
    Gen 4:15

29. The making of images forbidden
    Ex 20:4
    The making of images commanded
    Ex 25:18,20

30. Slavery and oppression ordained
    Gen 9:25/ Lev 25:45,46/ Joel 3:8
    Slavery and oppression forbidden
    Is 58:6/ Ex 22:21/ Ex 21:16/ Matt 23:10

31. Improvidence enjoyed
    Matt 6:28,31,34/ Luke 6:30,35/ Luke 12:3
    Improvidence condemned
    1 Tim 5:8/ Prov 13:22

32. Anger approved
    Eph 4:26
    Anger disapproved
    Eccl 7:9/ Prov 22:24/ James 1:20

33. Good works to be seen of men
    Matt 5:16
    Good works not to be seen of men
    Matt 6:1

34. Judging of others forbidden
    Matt 7:1,2
    Judging of others approved
    1 Cor 6:2-4/ 1 Cor 5:12

35. Christ taught non-resistance
    Matt 5:39/ Matt 26:52
    Christ taught and practiced physical resistance
    Luke 22:36/ John 2:15

36. Christ warned his followers not to fear being killed
    Luke 12:4
    Christ himself avoided the Jews for fear of being killed
    John 7:1

37. Public prayer sanctioned
    1 Kings 8:22,54, 9:3
    Public prayer disapproved
    Matt 6:5,6

38. Importunity in prayer commended
    Luke 18:5,7
    Importunity in prayer condemned
    Matt 6:7,8

39. The wearing of long hair by men sanctioned
    Judg 13:5/ Num 6:5
    The wearing of long hair by men condemned
    1 Cor 11:14

40. Circumcision instituted
    Gen 17:10
    Circumcision condemned
    Gal 5:2

41. The Sabbath instituted
    Ex 20:8
    The Sabbath repudiated
    Is 1:13/ Rom 14:5/ Col 2:16

42. The Sabbath instituted because God rested on the seventh day
    Ex 20:11
    The Sabbath instituted because God brought the Israelites
    out of Egypt
    Deut 5:15

43. No work to be done on the Sabbath under penalty of death
    Ex 31:15/ Num 15:32,36
    Jesus Christ broke the Sabbath and justified his disciples in
    the same
    John 5:16/ Matt 12:1-3,5

44. Baptism commanded
    Matt 28:19
    Baptism not commanded
    1 Cor 1:17,14

45. Every kind of animal allowed for food.
    Gen 9:3/ 1 Cor 10:25/ Rom 14:14
    Certain kinds of animals prohibited for food.
    Deut 14:7,8

46. Taking of oaths sanctioned
    Num 30:2/ Gen 21:23-24,31/ Gen 31:53/ Heb 6:13
    Taking of oaths forbidden
    Matt 5:34

47. Marriage approved
    Gen 2:18/ Gen 1:28/ Matt 19:5/ Heb 13:4
    Marriage disapproved
    1 Cor 7:1/ 1 Cor 7:7,8

48. Freedom of divorce permitted
    Deut 24:1/ Deut 21:10,11,14
    Divorce restricted
    Matt 5:32

49. Adultery forbidden
    Ex 20:14/ Heb 13:4
    Adultery allowed
    Num 31:18/ Hos 1:2; 2:1-3

50. Marriage or cohabitation with a sister denounced
    Deut 27:22/ Lev 20:17
    Abraham married his sister and God blessed the union
    Gen 20:11,12/ Gen 17:16

51. A man may marry his brother's widow
    Deut 25:5
    A man may not marry his brother's widow
    Lev 20:21

52. Hatred to kindred enjoined
    Luke 14:26
    Hatred to kindred condemned
    Eph 6:2/ Eph 5:25,29

53. Intoxicating beverages recommended
    Prov 31:6,7/ 1 Tim 5:23/ Ps 104:15
    Intoxicating beverages discountenanced
    Prov 20:1/ Prov 23:31,32

54. It is our duty to obey our rulers, who are God's ministers
    and punish evil doers only
    Rom 13:1-3,6
    It is not our duty to obey rulers, who sometimes punish the
    good and receive unto themselves damnation therefor
    Ex 1:17,20/ Dan 3:16,18/ Dan 6:9,7,10/ Acts 4:26,27/
    Mark 12:38,39,40/ Luke 23:11,24,33,35

55. Women's rights denied
    Gen 3:16/ 1 Tim 2:12/ 1 Cor 14:34/ 1 Pet 3:6
    Women's rights affirmed
    Judg 4:4,14,15/ Judg 5:7/ Acts 2:18/ Acts 21:9

56. Obedience to masters enjoined
    Col 3:22,23/ 1 Pet 2:18
    Obedience due to God only
    Matt 4:10/ 1 Cor 7:23/ Matt 23:10

57. There is an unpardonable sin
    Mark 3:29
    There is not unpardonable sin
    Acts 13:39

58. Man was created after the other animals
    Gen 1:25,26,27
    Man was created before the other animals
    Gen 2:18,19

59. Seed time and harvest were never to cease
    Gen 8:22
    Seed time and harvest did cease for seven years
    Gen 41:54,56/ Gen 45:6

60. God hardened Pharaoh's heart
    Ex 4:21/ Ed 9:12
    Pharaoh hardened his own heart
    Ex 8:15

61. All the cattle and horses in Egypt died
    Ex 9:3,6/ 14:9
    All the horses of Egypt did not die
    Ex 14:9

62. Moses feared Pharaoh
    Ex 2:14,15,23; 4:19
    Moses did not fear Pharaoh
    Heb 11:27

63. There died of the plague twenty-four thousand
    Num 25:9
    There died of the plague but twenty-three thousand
    1 Cor 10:8

64. John the Baptist was Elias
    Matt 11:14
    John the Baptist was not Elias
    John 1:21

65. The father of Joseph, Mary's husband was Jacob
    Matt 1:16
    The father of Mary's husband was Heli
    Luke 3:23

66. The father of Salah was Arphaxad
    Gen 11:12
    The father of Salah was Cainan
    Luke 3:35,36

67. There were fourteen generations from Abraham to David
    Matt 1:17
    There were but thirteen generations from Abraham to David
    Matt 1:2-6

68. There were fourteen generations from the Babylonian captivity
    to Christ.
    Matt 1:17
    There were but thirteen generations from the Babylonian
    captivity to Christ
    Matt 1:12-16

69. The infant Christ was taken into Egypt
    Matt 2:14,15,19,21,23
    The infant Christ was not taken into Egypt
    Luke 2:22, 39

70. Christ was tempted in the wilderness
    Mark 1:12,13
    Christ was not tempted in the wilderness
    John 2:1,2

71. Christ preached his first sermon on the mount
    Matt 5:1,2
    Christ preached his first sermon on the plain
    Luke 6:17,20

72. John was in prison when Jesus went into Galilee
    Mark 1:14
    John was not in prison when Jesus went into Galilee
    John 1:43/ John 3:22-24

73. Christ's disciples were commanded to go forth with a staff
    and sandals
    Mark 6:8,9
    Christ's disciples were commanded to go forth with neither
    staffs nor sandals.
    Matt 10:9,10

74. A woman of Canaan besought Jesus
    Matt 15:22
    It was a Greek woman who besought Him
    Mark 7:26

75. Two blind men besought Jesus
    Matt 20:30
    Only one blind man besought Him
    Luke 18:35,38

76. Christ was crucified at the third hour
    Mark 15:25
    Christ was not crucified until the sixth hour
    John 19:14,15

77. The two thieves reviled Christ.
    Matt 27:44/ Mark 15:32
    Only one of the thieves reviled Christ
    Luke 23:39,40

78. Satan entered into Judas while at supper
    John 13:27
    Satan entered into him before the supper
    Luke 22:3,4,7

79. Judas committed suicide by hanging
    Matt 27:5
    Judas did not hang himself, but died another way
    Acts 1:18

80. The potter's field was purchased by Judas
    Acts 1:18
    The potter's field was purchased by the Chief Priests
    Matt 27:6,7

81. There was but one woman who came to the sepulchre
    John 20:1
    There were two women who came to the sepulchre
    Matt 28:1

82. There were three women who came to the sepulchre
    Mark 16:1
    There were more than three women who came to the sepulchre
    Luke 24:10

83. It was at sunrise when they came to the sepulchre
    Mark 16:2
    It was some time before sunrise when they came.
    John 20:1

84. There were two angels seen by the women at the sepulchre, and
    they were standing up.
    Luke 24:4
    There was but one angel seen, and he was sitting down.
    Matt 28:2,5

85. There were two angels seen within the sepulchre.
    John 20:11,12
    There was but one angel seen within the sepulchre
    Mark 16:5

86. Christ was to be three days and three nights in the grave
    Matt 12:40
    Christ was but two days and two nights in the grave
    Mark 15:25,42,44,45,46; 16:9>

87. Holy ghost bestowed at pentecost
    Acts 1:8,5
    Holy ghost bestowed before pentecost
    John 20:22

88. The disciples were commanded immediately after the
    resurrection to go into Galilee
    Matt 28:10
    The disciples were commanded immediately after the
    resurrection to go tarry at Jerusalem
    Luke 24:49

89. Jesus first appeared to the eleven disciples in a room at
    Jerusalem
    Luke 24:33,36,37/ John 20:19
    Jesus first appeared to the eleven on a mountain in Galilee
    Matt 28:16,17

90. Christ ascended from Mount Olivet
    Acts 1:9,12
    Christ ascended from Bethany
    Luke 24:50,51

91. Paul's attendants heard the miraculous voice, and stood
    speechless
    Acts 9:7
    Paul's attendants heard not the voice and were prostrate
    Acts 26:14

92. Abraham departed to go into Canaan
    Gen 12:5
    Abraham went not knowing where
    Heb 11:8

93. Abraham had two sons
    Gal 4:22
    Abraham had but one son
    Heb 11:17

94. Keturah was Abraham's wife
    Gen 25:1
    Keturah was Abraham's concubine
    1 Chron 1:32

95. Abraham begat a son when he was a hundred years old, by the
    interposition of Providence
    Gen 21:2/ Rom 4:19/ Heb 11:12
    Abraham begat six children more after he was a hundred years
    old without any interposition of providence
    Gen 25:1,2

96. Jacob bought a sepulchre from Hamor
    Josh 24:32
    Abraham bought it of Hamor
    Acts 7:16

97. God promised the land of Canaan to Abraham and his seed
    forever
    Gen 13:14,15,17; 17:8
    Abraham and his seed never received the promised land
    Acts 7:5/ Heb 11:9,13

98. Goliath was slain by Elhanan
    2 Sam 21:19 *note, was changed in translation to be
    correct. Original manuscript was incorrect>
    The brother of Goliath was slain by Elhanan
    1 Chron 20:5

99. Ahaziah began to reign in the twelfth year of Joram
    2 Kings 8:25
    Ahaziah began to reign in the eleventh year of Joram
    2 Kings 9:29

100. Michal had no child
    2 Sam 6:23
    Michal had five children
    2 Sam 21:8

101. David was tempted by the Lord to number Israel
    2 Sam 24:1
    David was tempted by Satan to number the people
    1 Chron 21:1

102. The number of fighting men of Israel was 800,000; and of
    Judah 500,000
    2 Sam 24:9
    The number of fighting men of Israel was 1,100,000; and of
    Judah 470,000
    1 Chron 21:5

103. David sinned in numbering the people
    2 Sam 24:10
    David never sinned, except in the matter of Uriah
    1 Kings 15:5

104. One of the penalties of David's sin was seven years of
    famine.
    2 Sam 24:13
    It was not seven years, but three years of famine
    1 Chron 21:11,12

105. David took seven hundred horsemen
    2 Sam 8:4
    David took seven thousand horsemen
    1 Chron 18:4

106. David bought a threshing floor for fifty shekels of silver
    2 Sam 24:24
    David bought the threshing floor for six hundred shekels of
    gold
    1 Chron 21:25

107. David's throne was to endure forever.
    Ps 89:35-37
    David's throne was cast down
    Ps 89:44

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast