Thread: Guys: Shaving Info

Default Guys: Shaving Info

Is there something special I should do to an electric razor to get it to actually cut the hair on my face? I swear to god I feel like I'm the only one of my friends who facial hair doesn't feel like the hair on their head. I've have not used a single electrical razor that can cut through the hair on my face without any bullshit. I'm a young guy, so this is kind annoying... I go through razors faster than I do anything else in the bathroom...

I don't care for the Quattro Razor, but I use it from time to time, although the Mach 3 seems to work better... How often do you guys go through these? With a new blade, after 2 or 3 shaves either of the aforementioned razors begins to feel like shit while shaving.

anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

perhaps helpful tips or hints?

Well I gave up on shaving close a while back. I just use a Remington beard trimmer to shave. Gives a perma 5-o-clock shadow though.

Anywho, if you must have the baby ass face then the beard trimmer will not do. Have you tried shaving after you get out of the shower? This will make your beard a lot softer and your skin more willing to be shaved. Also, it sounds like you might not be cleaning the razor enough. If the razor is all clogged with hair it obviously wont cut. And all of these new 3-4 razor blade things that they are putting out are for the birds. Its just a marketing ploy. People were shaving close with a single switch blades for years. When I have to shave close, I use a Gillette Sensor Excel which is only 2 razors and have never found anything better. Just try softening your beard before you shave and rinse the blade as often as you can in a sink full of water.

‹^›‹(ò¿ó)›‹^›

I'm with Pher... I never really shave.. I just trim. Well... I can't say never... I've shaved maybe 3 times this year... and come out lookin' like a 12 year old lol. Anyways... Not sure what you mean when you say your facial hair doesn't feel like the hair on your head... it's not supposed to (well... i guess it depends on what kind of hair you have lol). How often are you shaving to get to where it starts irritating you? The best razor I've used was the Mach 3... not sure how that could irritate you, unless you got really sensitive skin or something... that razor was pretty smooth.. *shrug*
    Chris
    91' Mustang GT
    512rwhp/468ft-lb

that schick quatro lasts super long for me... I am a cheap bastard so i signed up for like 100 free samples in the mail so i have like ashitlaod of both... Instead of changing blades, i just open up a new pack LOL. The quatro lasts sooo much longer than the mach.
    But i have the same experience... no electronic shavers do the trick, unless its one of those $100+ ones, that dispense lotion and shit. if ur spendin that much why not just shave.. lol

Better than you

I used a Mach 3 for the longest time, then I switched to the Schick Quattro, and for some reason, the Quattro absolutely sucks. I find myself going over spots on my face a few times with that thing because it didn't cut close enough. Shaving sucks anyways, it's overrated.
    Just some punk trying to get by...

"I'm not worried about AIDS. I don't fuck guys"- Jason

"Mikey is a Jewish-American princess"

Hump Her Crew Member

i use the Mach 3 Turbo...it will last about 3-4 shaves then it is worthless..but for those 3-4 shaves it works tremendously well....i used use an electric razor (Norelco) but it didn't work well with the stubborn facial hair...
    Val RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfwit
    my only rule in life
    1: NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, DATE A GIRL OFF IA, OR TELL A GIRLFRIEND ABOUT IA.

A little town called Nunyagoddamnbusiness

Quote Originally Posted by soxfan30
    I used a Mach 3 for the longest time, then I switched to the Schick Quattro, and for some reason, the Quattro absolutely sucks. I find myself going over spots on my face a few times with that thing because it didn't cut close enough. Shaving sucks anyways, it's overrated.
    Same here I tried the quatro once and went right back to my Mach 3

Quote Originally Posted by estis fatuus
    Is there something special I should do to an electric razor to get it to actually cut the hair on my face? I swear to god I feel like I'm the only one of my friends who facial hair doesn't feel like the hair on their head. I've have not used a single electrical razor that can cut through the hair on my face without any bullshit. I'm a young guy, so this is kind annoying... I go through razors faster than I do anything else in the bathroom...

I don't care for the Quattro Razor, but I use it from time to time, although the Mach 3 seems to work better... How often do you guys go through these? With a new blade, after 2 or 3 shaves either of the aforementioned razors begins to feel like shit while shaving.

anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

perhaps helpful tips or hints?

Get a Mach 3, they are expensive but worth it. Take a hot ass shower and get the bathroom nice and steamy,and buy a good shaving gel. Best shave I get is right out of the shower

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdavis
    Same here I tried the quatro once and went right back to my Mach 3
    Me too. Except my mach 3 lasts for more than 3 shaves lol. But I got the mach 3 power turbo nitro champion maybe that makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdavis
    Get a Mach 3, they are expensive but worth it. Take a hot ass shower and get the bathroom nice and steamy,and buy a good shaving gel. Best shave I get is right out of the shower
    ...indeed

then splash some cold water after you're done...and put some good aftershave...and you're set!
    Val RIP
    my only rule in life
    1: NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, DATE A GIRL OFF IA, OR TELL A GIRLFRIEND ABOUT IA.

Better than you

If I didn't look like shit with a lot of facial hair, and my gf didn't hate it, I'd never fucking shave. As soon as the Quattro blades are gone, I'm going back to a Mach 3. But yeah, shaving in the shower actually is better I found, it actually hurts me more when I shave outside it...maybe the steam or something helps...who knows? Fuck shaving....(speaking of which, I need to soon)

Hump Her Crew Member

well i use the shick 3extreme disposable, it works pretty good the lotion strip is very good. I get about a month of use out of it but that is really only like 4-5 shaves. they are reasonable price too i think the 4 pack is $6??

How often do you shave? I used to shave everday, and my facial hair got really thick, and I'd have a 10AM shadow. I started shaving every other day, and not at all on the weekends. My facial hair is thinner and easier to shave now.

a tru OG,.. ask somebody

i shave in the shower, have a mirror in there for it. i use shick something for razors, or whatever looks close to those.. i usually go 2 weeks per razor, i shave 2 times a week on my face, once (sometimes twice) on the rest of my body.. yes, i shave my arms, chest, and legs too..
    as long as you keep the skin wet/moist, shaving cream/gel on your skin, and the razor clean, it should help you out with getting it smooth, and not abusing your face eather.
    Jimmy Blair II
    www.Pinnacleracing.com
    01 Tahoe w/ 'sclade stuff
    99 Grand Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by civic95
    How often do you shave? I used to shave everday, and my facial hair got really thick, and I'd have a 10AM shadow. I started shaving every other day, and not at all on the weekends. My facial hair is thinner and easier to shave now.
    every 2-3 days...
    Val RIP
    my only rule in life

Better than you

I used to shave every day for a while, when I hated having facial hair, but that got old quick. When I have a job it's usually every 2-3 days, although lately it's every 4-5 days, because I have no one to impress lol.

Hump Her Crew Member

Banned

these mach 3's and mach 3 turbos are crap...6 bucks for 4 razors that last 3 or 4 shaves...wtf and yea def shave right after a shower it makes it much easier...i tried using a conventional razor after using a mach 3 and i cut my face all up so i have just stuck with paying the extra cost for mach 3's for now...

and btw am i the only person with one side of my neck rougher than the other? one side i can shave no problem then the other side i get razor burn no matter what i do

mach3.

YEA...IM AN ASSHOLE

I've got a Mach3 but I swear it seems like I only get MAYBE 2 shaves out it before it's dull and shitty. I shave about every other day, or I start looking a little rough. If my facial hair followed any predictable pattern it's probably be easier to shave, but the hair grows in different directions all over my face.

I've tried using all my buddies various beard trimmers and they all seem to suck. It's like it'll cut maybe 6 out of every 10 hairs it goes over so I'm left with bunches of random long hairs all over my face.

get a beard trimmer and take guard off

I use the Mach3 as well, shave in the shower w/ like 3 mirrors in there... That's the best way, since I shave my head every other day it's just easier. (gets expensive as shit though)

I think I got a new fix though, I went to Walgreen's the other night and I'll be damned, I found me a "HeadBlade', its basically a round razor, just the blade and it's contoured to go w/ the shape of your head, this thing is great. It uses Gilettes old style razor, the ones pre-Excel.. 2 blades. Anyways, I went from 20 minute showers cutting my hair, to about 7 minutes. This thing rocks

mach 3 all the way!

damnit to hell...i need to buy some blades now...fucking shit!!! the mach 3 turbo blades are fucking expensive!
    Val RIP
    my only rule in life