Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just wondering..how much you bench vs. your weight.

its also alot easier for you guys with short arms too. i got some gorilla arms and when i last maxed out when i weighed 140 i benched 180.

Quote Originally Posted by 1zach4
    oh and on a sidenote...if you want to develop your pectoralis major/minor there are much better exercises than a standard bench press, and do not neglect your latissimus dorsi (lats) or your teres major/minor, or you will not see the chest gains you are hoping for
    Can you name some? Ive been trying to change up my routine from the standard 3-4 sets of just increase weight type things to something new to shock my system so to speak. What would be a good routine for chest and arms?

www.jasontbarker.com speedminded's Avatar

I fully agree with 1Zach4, you can't continuously max out, it's pointless...do the pyramid. We did sometimes max out once a week though, just to see how much we improved each week while days before alternating upper and lower body.

As a freshman to sophomore in HS a million years ago i was "maxing out" on the bench at 220 and weighed 155-160 (6' tall, long arms)...i was more into endurance and reps though and did not want to get big. Could do many reps of curls with 100lb. dumbbells though which no one believed until i showed them, lol..then 100lb leg extensions all day long...amazing what 12 years of soccer and living on a farm would do (could only go 90% straight though until after knees surgeries b/c they were trashed). I just loved showing off and placing bets on the leg press...long ass legs and maxed at just under 400lbs. at 15-16 years old (never broke 400)

Weight training is necessary for any sport but i believe practice is the most important. After i was told i couldn't play soccer anymore i quit weight training and went to down hill mtn bike racing, kayaking, and rapelling/mtn. climbing.

100lb per arm for curls? If so, goddamn!! Teach me lolol. I got a buddy i workout with, and im pretty much consistenly stronger than him in everything we do besides curls. I need some good exercises to build up the biceps. List some people.

Quote Originally Posted by ironchef
    100lb per arm for curls? If so, goddamn!! Teach me lolol. I got a buddy i workout with, and im pretty much consistenly stronger than him in everything we do besides curls. I need some good exercises to build up the biceps. List some people.
    That's easy...10 years of living on a farm by then...chopping and stacking a couple cords of firewood every year, bagging and loading 100lb. bags of feed, then baling and picking up, stacking unloading, restacking, moving, selling and stacking and unloading again 50-75lb bales of hay...few thousand a year...Sometimes square bales then sometimes rounds bales (always prayed for round bales if we didn't think it would be good enough to sell for horses...didn't have to pick anything up, just use the front end loader with a spike ) Doin shit like that everyday will make you stronger and keep you in shape...in a miserable good way that is.

Im SuCh A FuCkIn LaDy!! Tasuki_Civic's Avatar

i bech 145 and im 5'3.....imma strong one now

Quote Originally Posted by Tasuki_Civic
    i bech 145 and im 5'3.....imma strong one now
    wow, that's kinda impressive...as long as you look like a girl that is.

Im SuCh A FuCkIn LaDy!! Tasuki_Civic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by speedminded
    wow, that's kinda impressive...as long as you look like a girl that is.

lol im jus fuckin with ya'll im 5'3 alrite but i dont bech press shit. but i can box like no other

Quote Originally Posted by Tasuki_Civic
    lol im jus fuckin with ya'll im 5'3 alrite but i dont bech press shit. but i can box like no other
    aw, gotcha...i was thinkin that's gonna be a manly looking chick.

depends on how much juice i take im 140 and lifting my own weight. i have a mis aligned collar bone so bench press sucks for me

i'm 5'10"/165 pounds. dont really max out but i can get in the 235-240 range. i do it more for the conditioning aspect, not for the "get as big as i can" aspect. i want to be tone, not Hulk Hogan...
    jnix
    teameci.com

Certified Gearhead 98Impreza234's Avatar

130-180
    "A single death is a tragedy;A million deaths is a statistic."
    -Joseph Stalin 1945

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by speedminded
    As a freshman to sophomore in HS a million years ago i was "maxing out" on the bench at 220 and weighed 155-160 (6' tall, long arms)...i was more into endurance and reps though and did not want to get big. Could do many reps of curls with 100lb. dumbbells though which no one believed until i showed them, lol..then 100lb leg extensions all day long...amazing what 12 years of soccer and living on a farm would do (could only go 90% straight though until after knees surgeries b/c they were trashed). I just loved showing off and placing bets on the leg press...long ass legs and maxed at just under 400lbs. at 15-16 years old (never broke 400)

I am sorry but I have to say this. There is no way that you can curl 100lb dumbbells. Not doing standing db curls, inclince db curls, seated db curls, concentration curls, hammer curls or any other variation of curls. I am sorry but I have seen you and there is no way that you could of curled 100lb db. I have pleanty of friends with arms bigger than your legs and they don't curl 100lb db regularly. I could believe 100lbs with a bar but I can't believe you used db's. Sorry but I had to say this.

Quote Originally Posted by NEONRACER
    I am sorry but I have to say this. There is no way that you can curl 100lb dumbbells. Not doing standing db curls, inclince db curls, seated db curls, concentration curls, hammer curls or any other variation of curls. I am sorry but I have seen you and there is no way that you could of curled 100lb db. I have pleanty of friends with arms bigger than your legs and they don't curl 100lb db regularly. I could believe 100lbs with a bar but I can't believe you used db's. Sorry but I had to say this.
    I have no need to exagerate or make up anything to make myself feel better. On a "preacher" curl bench...alternate 4 to 6 with the right and normally 4 reps at the most with the left with the 100lb dumbell (never one in each hand, hell naww). With a bar i could curl almost as much as a I could bench, yet do several more reps (regular routine curling with a bar: 125 first set, 150, then 175lbs...can't remember what my max was) Pecs and triceps were never as strong as my biceps and shoulders.

Certified Gearhead

I find these numbers very hard to believe. I have seen guys twice your size not lift these weights you are stating. I would have to see you do these to believe, even using your shoulders and swinging your body I can't see how you can curl 175lbs. I wasn't trying to bash you but I see people in the gym all the time trying to lift big weights with the worst form they turn a standing curl into a full upper body workout.

I find these numbers very hard to believe. I have seen guys twice your size not lift these weights you are stating. I would have to see you do these to believe, even using your shoulders and swinging your body I can't see how you can curl 175lbs. I wasn't trying to bash you but I see people in the gym all the time trying to lift big weights with the worst form they turn a standing curl into a full upper body workout.
    Nothing but proper form, there's not too much of a point of working out if you're just asking to injure yourself.

lol, fullbody work out...Power cleans were about the only "fullbody" workout i'd do, touching the knee each time and the weight was the same as my max bench, 225. I couldn't bench for shit but everything else i excelled at.

It would take me 3 to 6 weeks to get back to those numbers again and i've been tempted it...

Jason grew up on a farm. Doing farm work builds muscles that your "twice your size" friends didn't know they had.

Certified Gearhead

Yeah that was a smart response.

Yeah that was a smart response.
    I'm being serious. I wasn't trying to be a smart ass, simply giving you some info that you were previously unaware of.

135, bench like 130..
    haha fucking sad eh?

Banned

well i'm 5'6, weigh around 105, and i bench 45 lbs.

my legs get about 100 lbs while in soccer season and 80 at other times.

my legs are so much stronger...

er? leg press is 100lb?
    when i was your age.. three years ago..
    i couldnt bench for shit but i played soccer too.. i was legpressing like 400 or something.. lol

I've been sick but last time i did a partial max (went easy since i was oging to do a full workout afterwards) i did 215 and i weigh 170...

i take everything back i said about secrets out.
    i didnt know you were a girl -_-;
    i guess thats normal for a female?

186-191lbs..bench usually 225lbs doing 6sets 10reps...haven't maxed out in long time

Insanely Crazy

i weight 160lb 5'6 and i max out at 225lb. i have a friend who is 5'8 weight 135 and he max out at 305.

Banned

now weigh 197 and bench 305 for a set of 6

All Motor.. For Now

weigh 178 and bunch about 125, never work out and never maxed yet juet messing aorund at gym. what is best cuase want to work out more. less weight more reps more weight less reps.?

Most I have benched was in 9th grade. I weighed in at less then 135lbs, and benched 185. Now, about 7 years later, I got a beer belly, the most exersice I have done in the past 3years was lift up and drink cans of beer, and recycle the cans with one of those wall mounted crushing things. My weight fluctuats between 145-155, and I if right now I got on the bench down stars, I would probably do 145-165 max.

5'9 165lbs: max at 255lbs bench and rising
    http://twitter.com/LEGEND_STATUS
    1997 w/1999 civic w/ Built GSR...FS/FT

5"10" I weight 198 and bench 235. I never tried to go above that weight. Not bad for an old guy. lol

dooooo it!

i weigh 180 and i max on bench about 330

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1gAWD
    i weigh 180 and i max on bench about 330
    are you sure you don't mean 230???
    www.fairtax.org
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly
    True. But where's my sig?!! (lol)

Untouchable

I am 6'3" and I weight 240 and can push up 350 free weight.

im 5'11 and i weight 165lbs and max my weight LOL. but i leg press 600+ in reps, haha gotta love skateboarding.
    When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.

kinda old thread im 16 weight 170 bench max is 270 and i can do 18 reps of 185 my max leg press is 947

im 250 and and can bench 414 on a good day.

Trap'Ville

i maxed out at 450-500

lolz jp 180

IA Member

my weight is 105 height 4 11 and i maxed out at 90 lol i lifted 3 years in high school pretty good for a little person LOL but i am a girl =)

Ferrari F-50

im bout 150 or 155 been losing weight lift 180 last time i did
    project- boost coming soon !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast