View Poll Results: Do you believe in a superior being(s) aka God(s)?

Voters
408. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

269 65.93%
  • No

99 24.26%
  • undecided

40 9.80%
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in God? Simple question

Default Do you believe in God? Simple question

Yes or no? Do you believe its real?

this will blow up
    I'm just that guy that spends all his time printing.... T-shirts, banners, vinyl, etc.

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary.... that's what gets you"

Nope, devout Atheist

Quote Originally Posted by Bus Driver J
    Nope, devout Atheist
    reppin the atheism

MOST HATED

Short answer, no.

undecided option needed.

yes i believe in a god/superior being but i dont believe on religions and what they stand for.

=EJ-EG SQUAD SUPPORTER=
    2000 HONDA CIVIC - SOLD
    1966 MUSTANG COUPE - TRADED
    1989 FOXBODY MUSTANG - DD

I voted yes, but it's deeper than just a guy sitting at a throne in the sky.

Think about it.

Osaka Sokutatsu mocha latte cupcake's Avatar

i do. plain and simple. the big man keeps an eye on me @ all times...

Me me me!!! I do! Can't tell me different.
    My boyfriend is better than you...

sure do

Quote Originally Posted by EJ25RUN
    undecided option needed.
    sorry Indianstig. Saw this as a viable option.

Added
    I'm just that guy that spends all his time printing.... T-shirts, banners, vinyl, etc.

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary.... that's what gets you"

I believe in a higher power. Now whether that higher power might be what we refer to as nature, maybe a god, maybe 10 gods, I think it is easier to believe that a "Creator" created everything rather than the big bang theory.

I am not a religious person, but sometimes, things work out so unexpected but so perfectly that it seems liek there is someone else up there. Like there is something indeed spiritual about this world and everything beyond it.

Quote Originally Posted by stillaneon
    sorry Indianstig. Saw this as a viable option.

Added
    It was late I forgot about that. Good choice adding it.

No I dont believe he/she/it/they are real.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE jdm
    i do. plain and simple. the big man keeps an eye on me @ all times...

x2.
    -Zach-
    2010 Toyota Tundra- Daily on 37's
    1994 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 -FOR SALE
    1987 Toyota Pickup - Toy

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help." -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Catnip View Post
    it was big, made mine look small, probably didn't use all of it

IA Member

i believe that we all need a higher power when we feel low...im not gonna say that god is a human being..it can be anything.....it can be anything u want it to be...the point is that it exist and itz wat helps us and motivates us and inspires us.. its that power when we get good things in our life...soo yea i call it my god.,..so yes i believe in god

IA Member

Thumbs up

yes, i believe in myself.

why should i believe in something because i have always been told too?
    and why should i believe in something because of the fear of damnation?
    religion just seems like a communist country to me, it is surrounded by the thought that hey you better believe in me and my beliefs or after you die you will burn forever.

that is just retarded to me
    im a realist, im not gonna believe in anything that i do not have proof is there

thats like me saying hey i think the cookie monster created the world, and if i got enough people rallying behind me the whole world would believe it

now im not trying to push my beliefs on you, but im just saying hey think about it, and maybe you could understand where i am coming from

that is all

Certified Gearhead

umm why do you believe that the sun is a ball of fire? Why do you believe in gravity? why do you believe that 1 plus 1 is 2? All of this is because someone told you. But you don't question these things, do you. Proof is just as much perception as anything else. When you learned to read you didn't ask someone to prove the alphabet works the way it does...did you?

all proof is is interpretation of something. 100 people could look at the same thing and get something different from it 100 times.

fear is not the reason to believe in God, damnation is not the reason either. Anyone who tells you that is wrong. Its not about death its about life, its not about hate its about love. you are judging the entire concept off of the misquotations and poor actions of a few who don't even represent the majority.

What The Hell

yes...simple answer

Quote Originally Posted by tinkolby_25
    why should i believe in something because i have always been told too?
    and why should i believe in something because of the fear of damnation?
    religion just seems like a communist country to me, it is surrounded by the thought that hey you better believe in me and my beliefs or after you die you will burn forever.

that is just retarded to me
    im a realist, im not gonna believe in anything that i do not have proof is there

thats like me saying hey i think the cookie monster created the world, and if i got enough people rallying behind me the whole world would believe it

now im not trying to push my beliefs on you, but im just saying hey think about it, and maybe you could understand where i am coming from

that is all
    I'm a realist too, but do you really think the universe started as a ball concentrated mass/energy, exploded and VIOLA, here we are billions of years later...?

You should only believe in something that you have faith in, whatever that is....but it seems your perspective is skewed....

Quote Originally Posted by NissanTun3r
    I'm a realist too, but do you really think the universe started as a ball concentrated mass/energy, exploded and VIOLA, here we are billions of years later...?

You should only believe in something that you have faith in, whatever that is....but it seems your perspective is skewed....
    where in that mass did i say i believed in the big bang theory?
    honestly i dunno what to believe as far as the universe getting here
    maybe some guy living in the sky did create all of this, but i believe all that is highly unlikely

prove me wrong

Quote Originally Posted by tinkolby_25
    where in that mass did i say i believed in the big bang theory?
    honestly i dunno what to believe as far as the universe getting here
    maybe some guy living in the sky did create all of this, but i believe all that is highly unlikely

prove me wrong
    lol

I will not try to prove you wrong, especially since you don't even know what you believe in...

so

+

=

Quote Originally Posted by stillaneon
    so

+

=

lolol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sport_122
    umm why do you believe that the sun is a ball of fire? Why do you believe in gravity? why do you believe that 1 plus 1 is 2? All of this is because someone told you. But you don't question these things, do you. Proof is just as much perception as anything else. When you learned to read you didn't ask someone to prove the alphabet works the way it does...did you?
    lol, contrary to popular belief... i did question this lol. i asked who made these like this? why is it abc and not dan or something lol. yes.... i may be retarded...

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanjone
    lol, contrary to popular belief... i did question this lol. i asked who made these like this? why is it abc and not dan or something lol. yes.... i may be retarded...
    sorry, that's not what I meant. The question was to show that unless YOU go to the sun, you are subjected to only what people around you can tell you. So in order for you to believe in ANYTHING you are going to be subject to people that teach you how to look at the world. The way people teach you will also effect how you learn when you go about finding knowledge on your own.

sorry, that's not what I meant. The question was to show that unless YOU go to the sun, you are subjected to only what people around you can tell you. So in order for you to believe in ANYTHING you are going to be subject to people that teach you how to look at the world. The way people teach you will also effect how you learn when you go about finding knowledge on your own.
    The things that ppl teach you and how they influence you aren't the reason why we do the things we do, or believe the things we believe. We are subjected to not only the teachings but of our own thoughts, beliefs, and ideas. No one taught me how to look at the world the way I do, but we form our own opinions of how things work and we create something for ourselves to believe in...

I think your post seems ambiguous and badly written because it doesn't make that much sense to me

Certified Gearhead

its funny how people use "big bang" in their argument against religion when in fact the maker of that theory was more religious than all of you combined. any theory that did not include some sort of creation would go against his beliefs. Its cute that people thing the universe had a creation. Most people have no concept of true infinity. Expanding redshift is easily explained when you talk about it in a localized pattern. And apparent expansion is easily explained when you realize the viewer (us) is rotating on multiple axises surrounded by other celestial bodies rotating on multiple axises.... relative motion. Recently astronomers have found an exploding star that is 13 billion light years away. That star would have had to form, live out its life, and then explode...all in less than 500 million years according to that theory in order for us to see that explosion today. If you do believe in the "big bang", its better to think about the 13.5 billion years since supposed "creation" not as an age, but as a time since the instant of last total collapse. As a true "creation" is hysterical.

Proud atheist/agnostic

( . )( . ) inmymouth _Christian_'s Avatar

umm why do you believe that the sun is a ball of fire? Why do you believe in gravity? why do you believe that 1 plus 1 is 2? All of this is because someone told you. But you don't question these things, do you. Proof is just as much perception as anything else.
    Yeah, those things can't be proven

IA's Pervert

Jesus saves.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

I think your post seems ambiguous and badly written because it doesn't make that much sense to me
    Wouldn't it be better written if you just stated that it doesn't make sense to you because you don't have the capability to understand? No one has ever been able to comprehend you. No one has ever thought, nissantuner makes sense. You're always the butt of ridicule, man. So I don't think his post was badly written. It's just you're incapable of rationale. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by C-loS109
    yes i believe in a god/superior being but i dont believe on religions and what they stand for.
    x2

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ
    Wouldn't it be better written if you just stated that it doesn't make sense to you because you don't have the capability to understand? No one has ever been able to comprehend you. No one has ever thought, nissantuner makes sense. You're always the butt of ridicule, man. So I don't think his post was badly written. It's just you're incapable of rationale. Later, QD.
    qd seriously, I'm flattered, but I do not like you. I am NOT gay, so please stop following me around this forum. It is getting old, and you are getting old. His post was poorly written, and you suck at life.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

His post was poorly written, and you suck at life.
    Again. It isn't his post, dude. It's you. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Certified Gearhead

I def. voted yes! Ive witness his miracles day in and day out!

all proof is is interpretation of something. 100 people could look at the same thing and get something different from it 100 times.

fear is not the reason to believe in God, damnation is not the reason either. Anyone who tells you that is wrong. Its not about death its about life, its not about hate its about love. you are judging the entire concept off of the misquotations and poor actions of a few who don't even represent the majority.
    "I'm not a gynecologist... but I'll take a look."

umm why do you believe that the sun is a ball of fire? .
    B/c I know what fire is. I know what a ball is... put the 2 together and you have a fucking sun genius.

Why do you believe in gravity?
    Jump off a bridge. You will believe in it, or die trying not too.

why do you believe that 1 plus 1 is 2?
    So do you.
    "I'm not a gynecologist... but I'll take a look."

01civic

Yes I do

Read 90 Minutes in Heaven. (and no i dont believe now just because of the book)

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast