Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marijauna Myth's

Quote Originally Posted by xlivingfor1x
    thats just wrong. what happens if i get caught

Mandatory Highfives
    -Super cool .gif TO UNBAN JITB, JM, Buttons AND NEMISIS here-

Hey Ran, i'm not trying to be pushy but i thought i might show you this(and anyone else reading this)

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/ca...s-information/

a website filled to the brim with people who enjoy Marijuana, more intellectual and well thought out conversations than you would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Sport1.3
    make it legal, but apply both smoking and drinking laws to it. cannot be smoked in public places, restaurants, businesses, schools etc etc and aren’t allowed to operate a moving vehicle while under the influence of the plant....I would have no issue with that.
    I have an issue with that, if studies have proven that being under the influence of the plant actually make it LESS likely to have a fatal accident than a drug-free driver, why would you make it illegal to drive under the influence of the plant?

It should be legal, or at least decriminalized. They're well on their way to doing this in Michigan, and I believe the Northeast as well as the West will be the first to at least decriminalize it. The bible-thumping south will of course be the last.

@Ran:

Though I do understand where you're coming from when it comes to being annoyed by a multitude of these kinds of threads being posted, view it the same as any other activist. The way some post about lost ones, others post about breast cancer, or some post about what they're having to eat for lunch, he posts about legalizing something that really should be legal and is illegal for incredibly retarded reasons. We aren't potheads crying about our precious plant being illegal, we're citizens wanting to exercise our personal rights without infringing on another's without endangering our career or personal life.

Not only do I think the plant should be legalized, but I believe that tobacco and alcohol companies should be punished for suppressing facts and promoting myths about the drug. That is where the true problem lies, large companies using their power/money to "protect" their market. Thats such bullshit. The same way automakers don't design cars to last very long, the same way tobacco companies put nicotine in cigarettes, the same way mods delete/edit posts so that certain posters are discredited. The shit ain't right, and by posting on these forums and raising awareness we are on the way to righting certain wrongs.

Don't take this the wrong way, because you're my homie and all, but if you don't like what the thread topic is just stay out of it. Its not like he decieved you with "Loli Pics 1 CLick away" type of title.

Legalize it, and the growth and distribution of it.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ran
    Spitting in public is illegal in Florida, what's your point? Sorry, but I feel about as much compassion for potheads as I do for alchoholics. Which is none.

Have fun dodging the police.
    I actually repped you. Positively. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by d-ninja
    I have an issue with that, if studies have proven that being under the influence of the plant actually make it LESS likely to have a fatal accident than a drug-free driver, why would you make it illegal to drive under the influence of the plant?

It should be legal, or at least decriminalized. They're well on their way to doing this in Michigan, and I believe the Northeast as well as the West will be the first to at least decriminalize it. The bible-thumping south will of course be the last.

what study was this and where was it done? Being less likely to be involved in a fatal accident and being a responsible/safe driver are 2 completely different things. Yeah sure its gonna be less fatal when i'm doing 16 mph in the far right lane on 75

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodge®
    I actually repped you. Positively. Later, QD.
    still going with opinions over facts huh?

I'm willing to believe, without looking up the research, that this is due to the relaxed influence that pot gives a person. Similarly to how a drunk driver is more likely to survive an accident than someone sober. The user lacks the proper reflex to brace for impact which traditionally leads to more injury. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Though I do understand where you're coming from when it comes to being annoyed by a multitude of these kinds of threads being posted, view it the same as any other activist. The way some post about lost ones, others post about breast cancer, or some post about what they're having to eat for lunch, he posts about legalizing something that really should be legal and is illegal for incredibly retarded reasons. We aren't potheads crying about our precious plant being illegal, we're citizens wanting to exercise our personal rights without infringing on another's without endangering our career or personal life.
    I realize that this thread is a lot better than a number of the other asanine threads regarding pot and "OMG 4/20!", I just came off a bit rash due to spite.

Not only do I think the plant should be legalized, but I believe that tobacco and alcohol companies should be punished for suppressing facts and promoting myths about the drug. That is where the true problem lies, large companies using their power/money to "protect" their market. Thats such bullshit. The same way automakers don't design cars to last very long, the same way tobacco companies put nicotine in cigarettes, the same way mods delete/edit posts so that certain posters are discredited. The shit ain't right, and by posting on these forums and raising awareness we are on the way to righting certain wrongs.
    On the premise of this section, I'm all for punishing corrupt business practices.

Don't take this the wrong way, because you're my homie and all, but if you don't like what the thread topic is just stay out of it. Its not like he decieved you with "Loli Pics 1 CLick away" type of title.
    As often as I give out that advice, you'd think I'd be able to do it myself.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thecrazyone
    still going with opinions over facts huh?
    Still haven't read my posts on this subject yet, huh? Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

What The Hell

you must have a really sad life if you have to keep smoking something just so you can have some fun and yeah theres no point in fighting for it to be legal because for the people who smoke it its not going to matter if it is legal or not. They are going to smoke either way. Unless you grow your own you are basically wasting your money. Paying a lot of money just for a little pot is dumb as hell. Most of my friends smoke or have smoked at one point and they just looked stupid to me for doin it. And for all those people who say it is not bad how come a lot of people go to rehab for it? If its not bad then they should be able to control it and have no problem. Looks like you have one if your in rehab. And this might just be me but all the people i know that smoke really are dumb as fuck and i mean dumb as in not book smart.

Quote Originally Posted by sport1.3
    what study was this and where was it done? Being less likely to be involved in a fatal accident and being a responsible/safe driver are 2 completely different things. Yeah sure its gonna be less fatal when i'm doing 16 mph in the far right lane on 75
    I'm willing to believe, without looking up the research, that this is due to the relaxed influence that pot gives a person. Similarly to how a drunk driver is more likely to survive an accident than someone sober. The user lacks the proper reflex to brace for impact which traditionally leads to more injury. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    You both apparently didn't read the "wall-o-text". I had nothing better to do, so I did read it. It was even in bold, c'mon guys.

Quote Originally Posted by wall-o-text
    The Victorian Institute of Forensic Pathology and Monash University's Department of Forensic Medicine in Melbourne, Australia have found that drivers who use cannabis are actually less likely to cause fatal accidents than drug-free drivers, and are no more likely than other drivers to be killed or seriously injured in road accidents. One experiment tested marijuana-intoxicated drivers on both a closed course and on a crowded city street. It found that the elements of driving most affected were concentration and judgment. An experiment involving a driving simulator that tested actual driving ability according to how many mistakes are incurred by sober, drunk, and high subjects found that marijuana, unlike alcohol, does not significantly affect driving ability. It was found that these results hold true for even higher doses (within reason) and inexperienced marijuana users. In fact, the only significant difference reported by the stoned subjects was an altered perception of time, which effectively made them drive relatively slower.

Quote Originally Posted by 90_ACCORD
    you must have a really sad life if you have to keep smoking something just so you can have some fun and yeah theres no point in fighting for it to be legal because for the people who smoke it its not going to matter if it is legal or not. They are going to smoke either way. Unless you grow your own you are basically wasting your money. Paying a lot of money just for a little pot is dumb as hell. Most of my friends smoke or have smoked at one point and they just looked stupid to me for doin it. And for all those people who say it is not bad how come a lot of people go to rehab for it? If its not bad then they should be able to control it and have no problem. Looks like you have one if your in rehab. And this might just be me but all the people i know that smoke really are dumb as fuck and i mean dumb as in not book smart.
    Now that's book smarts for ya.
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

Lmao, apply your same argument to alcohol.

1) People are fucking retarded when they are inebriated.
    2a) Alcohol ain't cheap, unless its shitty alcohol (Natural Ice), but even mids are better than that. For the $12 you spend on a 12pack of natty ice or w/e you can buy yourself a dime and roll 2 blunts and be straight.
    2b) How much is a handle of Crown Royal? Grey Goose? Fuck that, how much is a bottle of Cristal??? Compare that to an 1/8th of Northern Lights? How about Purp? What about Dank? Hell even Beasties??? Weed is cheaper for the thrill.
    3) Those people who go to rehab had pre-existing conditions, do you know what they teach you in rehab? Have you been? Its not because of weed they go, they go because of not knowing how to deal with problems. Rehab basically teaches you "coping mechanisms".

How come people don't go to rehab when they want to quit smoking cigarettes but truly can't???????

Certified Gearhead

Mandatory Highfives
    Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd:
    "COREY BLADE SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU RETARD, YOU SCAMMED SOMEONE YOU HAVE NO ROOM TO TALK!"
    Quote Originally Posted by coreyblade:
    "nah bitch stfu you little yellow snot rocket ricer.
    They were rota's mother fucker!"

Also, not everyone smokes weed to have "fun". Some people smoke it because it just feels good, and/or helps them relax.

Get home from a long hard day at work. Roll a blunt, sit on your couch and watch the game.

And for all those people who say it is not bad how come a lot of people go to rehab for it? If its not bad then they should be able to control it and have no problem. Looks like you have one if your in rehab. And this might just be me but all the people i know that smoke really are dumb as fuck and i mean dumb as in not book smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Saget
    Have you ever sucked a dick for WEED?
    If you're in rehab for weed, god help you if you ever break a bone and get put on any sort of LEGAL painkiller.

The government should be a lot less worried at weed and focus more of an effort on controlling prescription drugs like Oxycontin, Aderal, Vyvans, Percosets, etc. They're either pure synthetic opiates (IE heroin) or pure synthetic amphetamines (IE meth) and are rapidly becoming much more popular than weed. Or step up stopping the trafficking of harmful drugs like cocaine and heroin that do have legitimate ties to international terror.

I'm surprised that the argument of the increased potency of weed these days hasnt come up because thats a big one that the lawmakers bring up. I'm also surprised that the tobacco industries have not noticed their mortality and tried to legalize pot due to the increased anti-smoking legislation. They already have the existing infrastructure for manufacturing and distribution of cigarettes, regardless of what is rolled up inside.

I heard from a friend last night that Amsterdam will be going dry in 2010, so all of you smokers, get over there beforehand. But dont worry, the Cannabis Cup is already planning to move to an underground facility in California
    02 WRX Sport Wagon

And who the hell smokes anymore? Sell your bongs and get a Volcano.
    02 WRX Sport Wagon

What The Hell

Lmao, apply your same argument to alcohol.

1) People are fucking retarded when they are inebriated.
    2a) Alcohol ain't cheap, unless its shitty alcohol (Natural Ice), but even mids are better than that. For the $12 you spend on a 12pack of natty ice or w/e you can buy yourself a dime and roll 2 blunts and be straight.
    2b) How much is a handle of Crown Royal? Grey Goose? Fuck that, how much is a bottle of Cristal??? Compare that to an 1/8th of Northern Lights? How about Purp? What about Dank? Hell even Beasties??? Weed is cheaper for the thrill.
    3) Those people who go to rehab had pre-existing conditions, do you know what they teach you in rehab? Have you been? Its not because of weed they go, they go because of not knowing how to deal with problems. Rehab basically teaches you "coping mechanisms".

How come people don't go to rehab when they want to quit smoking cigarettes but truly can't???????
    ok well i guess i should have mentioned that i feel the same way about drinking like i do about weed. i dont drink either and i think that is even more stupid since ive seen a lot more of my friends get in trouble for drinking more than smoking. Not everyone goes for pre-existing conditions tho. You should also be able to tell by what i wrote that I have never been to rehad and i dont plan on doing anything that could help me end up there. look at cigarettes tho. They do not change the way you see things and how you react tho thing. They may calm you down and make you a little more relaxed but they dont change your preception on things.

I know some really smart "potheads"......very intellectual and deep thinking people, who I can entertain a conversation with for hours on end....problem is, most of them do nothing with their gifted thought process or imagination (not all). I wholeheartedly believe the drug has no more harmful effects on the human body than any other legal means of self intoxication....like alcohol and tobacco products. I myself have smoked it a few times and am neither addicted nor am I any less intelligent for doing so. A lot of great imaginative things have come from marijuana influenced minds, no doubt.....I just think some ppl have addictive tendencies, when they have something they really like....they push themselves to the point of a mental addiction. And like most addictions, they consume a part of your being.....they change you in some ways, and most often keep you from attaining life goals...I have no problem legalizing it, in fact I am against most government subsidized commodities.....we should be free to do with our bodies as we please. I do however think a strict enforcement on when and where the drug is consumed is completely relevant

What The Hell

I know some really smart "potheads"......very intellectual and deep thinking people, who I can entertain a conversation with for hours on end....problem is, most of them do nothing with their gifted thought process or imagination (not all). I wholeheartedly believe the drug has no more harmful effects on the human body than any other legal means of self intoxication....like alcohol and tobacco products. I myself have smoked it a few times and am neither addicted nor am I any less intelligent for doing so. A lot of great imaginative things have come from marijuana influenced minds, no doubt.....I just think some ppl have addictive tendencies, when they have something they really like....they push themselves to the point of a mental addiction. And like most addictions, they consume a part of your being.....they change you in some ways, and most often keep you from attaining life goals...I have no problem legalizing it, in fact I am against most government subsidized commodities.....we should be free to do with our bodies as we please. I do however think a strict enforcement on when and where the drug is consumed is completely relevant
    yeah i had this kid in my class when i was a senior in high school and this kid smoked just about everyday. He was smart as hell to. He had the best grade in the class. Now that we all graduated tho he is the only one not doing shit with his life. he should be doing better than eberyone else in that class but he would much rather smoke than make something of himself. He would be a lot better off without pot.

ok well i guess i should have mentioned that i feel the same way about drinking like i do about weed. i dont drink either and i think that is even more stupid since ive seen a lot more of my friends get in trouble for drinking more than smoking. Not everyone goes for pre-existing conditions tho. You should also be able to tell by what i wrote that I have never been to rehad and i dont plan on doing anything that could help me end up there. look at cigarettes tho. They do not change the way you see things and how you react tho thing. They may calm you down and make you a little more relaxed but they dont change your preception on things.
    They calm you down?

Have you ever smoked a cigarette and tried to hold your hand steady?? "Calming your nerves" only applies to those who have smoked and become addicted to cigarretes (meaning their brain doesn't produce certain chemicals and has come to rely on the user's intake of those chemicals from cigarettes). In which case you can argue that a person becomes irrational and irate when WITHOUT cigarettes, symptoms of withdrawal.

Try again.

Chocolate changes your perception on things.

Even if it does make you a couch potato, etc. what right does the government have to tell someone they cannot ingest said substance? About as much right as the government has in saying which sex you can marry.

What The Hell

They calm you down?

Have you ever smoked a cigarette and tried to hold your hand steady?? "Calming your nerves" only applies to those who have smoked and become addicted to cigarretes (meaning their brain doesn't produce certain chemicals and has come to rely on the user's intake of those chemicals from cigarettes). In which case you can argue that a person becomes irrational and irate when WITHOUT cigarettes, symptoms of withdrawal.

Try again.

Chocolate changes your perception on things.
    i was talking about people who smoke cigarettes and are adiccted to them. not first time users.

Please tell me how chocolate changes your perception?

i was talking about people who smoke cigarettes and are adiccted to them. not first time users.

Please tell me how chocolate changes your perception?
    Chocolate has phenylephylamine in it, the same hormone linked to "falling in love" and unexplained happiness.

Banned

I'm not a pot head but I do smoke occasionally - usually after work 'n shit.

And I would really like cliffs on this thread. Are we talking about why weed is bad, why weed should be legal, ect ect.?

Cliffs (Minus the banter between Ran and Tracy):
    -Debunking Myths about Weed
    -Notifying public of Tobacco & Alcohol companies efforts at suppressing the legalization/decriminalization of weed

Thats about it, other than those (who're usually uninformed) voicing their opinion as fact and having said "fact" be debunked.

Banned

Awesome - thanks dude.

Unfortunately I'm on my way out the door and won't be back on til tonight. But I will definitely post up my two cents about this as soon as I can.

IA's Pervert

I think weed should be legalized and the government should tax the hell out of it and make lots of money. In the same sense though, doesn't weed in a sense support laziness? Ive never seen a friend High and just want to go out and conquer the world, they are more like couch potatoes. This country doesn't need to get any lazier then it already is, but I still don't think thats enough to keep marijuana illegal. Legalizing it would also save a lot of time and money in the court systems and jail systems. Alcohol and cigarettes are much more harmful then marijuana. Alcohol specifically, which is why laws keep getting more strict on drunk driving and such. Cigarettes on the other hand, are a thousand times more addictive then marijuana could ever be. I smoke a pack, pack and a half, everyday consistently. This costs me around 150$ a month. This shows any addiction is costly. Alcohol is even more costly then smoking, or generally most other addictions if you are a true alcoholic. Either way, I am all for legalizing and regulating marijuana, then law makers and law enforcers can focus on more damaging and harder drugs. Just my .02 cents....

You both apparently didn't read the "wall-o-text". I had nothing better to do, so I did read it. It was even in bold, c'mon guys.
    i apologize, i didn’t fully read the original post

though...

Nothing in that statement says anything about it being "safer" while driving under the influence than driving completely sober.....taking a statistic with a far greater amount of non smoking people involved is rather skewed, don’t you think?.....thats like saying its more dangerous (although less lethal) to drive in rain or snow than it is to drive drunk...just because of the sheer amount of accidents caused by that specific event each year over drinking related accidents (non fatal statistic)

the statement: "One experiment tested marijuana-intoxicated drivers on both a closed course and on a crowded city street. It found that the elements of driving most affected were concentration and judgment."

Both qualities are important while driving a motor vehicle..... I have myself driven VERY high and while entertaining, it was anything but safe.

What The Hell

Chocolate has phenylephylamine in it, the same hormone linked to "falling in love" and unexplained happiness.
    wow your really going to use that as your argument. that explains why chocolate is usually given on valentines day. but for the argument about weed and alcohol and all that. Chocolate is not a good example to use

Quote Originally Posted by The Creeper
    I think weed should be legalized and the government should tax the hell out of it and make lots of money. In the same sense though, doesn't weed in a sense support laziness? Ive never seen a friend High and just want to go out and conquer the world, they are more like couch potatoes. This country doesn't need to get any lazier then it already is, but I still don't think thats enough to keep marijuana illegal. Legalizing it would also save a lot of time and money in the court systems and jail systems. Alcohol and cigarettes are much more harmful then marijuana. Alcohol specifically, which is why laws keep getting more strict on drunk driving and such. Cigarettes on the other hand, are a thousand times more addictive then marijuana could ever be. I smoke a pack, pack and a half, everyday consistently. This costs me around 150$ a month. This shows any addiction is costly. Alcohol is even more costly then smoking, or generally most other addictions if you are a true alcoholic. Either way, I am all for legalizing and regulating marijuana, then law makers and law enforcers can focus on more damaging and harder drugs. Just my .02 cents....

Damn, homie, the money factor alone would make me quit. SHIT! $150 a month?!

IA's Pervert

Damn, homie, the money factor alone would make me quit. SHIT! $150 a month?!
    I know man, when you add it up like that, its sick isnt it? After being addicted for years though, 150$ a month is a small price to pay for your sanity haha.

IA's Custom PC Junky eViLMunkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ran
    Nobody cares, potheads are dumb, and it's still illegal. Boo hoo.

Moving on...

Where you live it is....

Glad I live in Mass no due to the Decriminalization of marijuana just think it will be legal again w/ in our life time

wow your really going to use that as your argument. that explains why chocolate is usually given on valentines day. but for the argument about weed and alcohol and all that. Chocolate is not a good example to use
    This is the equivalent of your response. It says nothing. The chocolate thing was a joke. It makes the bitches happy, like loli's stretch Ran's pants.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Catnip's Avatar

We aren't potheads crying about our precious plant being illegal, we're citizens wanting to exercise our personal rights without infringing on another's without endangering our career or personal life.

I think this is a rare case, not pointing fingers at anyone though.
    '92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel | '96 240sx

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by GTScoob
    And who the hell smokes anymore? Sell your bongs and get a Volcano.
    Hot damn, Amen to that. That takes away 95% of all toxins and smoke out of the picture. Not to mention makes it last longer.

IA's Custom PC Junky eViLMunkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 99hatch
    Hot damn, Amen to that. That takes away 95% of all toxins and smoke out of the picture. Not to mention makes it last longer.

I HIGHLY Agree w/ that... pun intended

Why do rehab clinics have high numbers of marijuana addicts?

Because everybody knows that you can get a drug charge lessened by going to rehab.

The main reason why I believe marijuana should be legalized is that practically all of the premises used for criminalizing it have been proven wrong or to be highly exaggerated.

Also, about the Netherlands and eliminating "coffee shops:" this is due to he high number of "drug tourists" who go to the border cities of the Netherlands, stock up on weed, and then smuggle it back to their home countries where it is illegal. This pisses off the other countries and puts pressure on the Dutch. Also, the government is ruled mostly by conservative Christian Democrats (lol oxymoron) who oppose marijuana while the Dutch public has no problems with it and actually want to legalize personal growing.
    UGA: Everybody is laughing at us this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 99hatch
    Its all about convenience #1.

You can't carry a volcano around in your pocket.

Certified Gearhead

Ahh they do need a pocket version. But i have a TV in my car as well as a AC plug and rca outlets. So I can plug mine up in the car and ride!!! hahaha. Now we wont get into the safety issues of riding while operating a volcano and watching TV. But usually i have a passenger help.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast