Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not All Pits Are Viscious!

Certified Gearhead

my opion
    "Rides" I dont discriminate

95Accord*stolen*01Tiburon*sold*93Altima*sold*91Rx7 *sold 98GrandCherokee*traded*91Supra Turbo targa*sold*91Bonnieville*sold*05Caravan sxt*traded*05Durango*sold*95Neon*sold*95Civic EX coupe*traded*01Jetta VR6*traded*05Mustang Conv*sold*92SC400*sold*96Roadmaster*sold 90Accordlx*sold*
    91Accord Ex *sold*90Nissan 240sx *daily driver*06 Dodge Magnum leased *95j30*sold 86 gmc jimmy current 00 ES300 current *85 S10 Blazer(v8) dd

---===---

yes extremely ignorant topic
    trythefly
    -----------------------

Certified Gearhead

whatever dawg!

95Accord*stolen*01Tiburon*sold*93Altima*sold*91Rx7 *sold 98GrandCherokee*traded*91Supra Turbo targa*sold*91Bonnieville*sold*05Caravan sxt*traded*05Durango*sold*95Neon*sold*95Civic EX coupe*traded*01Jetta VR6*traded*05Mustang Conv*sold*92SC400*sold*96Roadmaster*sold 90Accordlx*sold*
    91Accord Ex *sold*90Nissan 240sx *daily driver*06 Dodge Magnum leased *95j30*sold 86 gmc jimmy current 00 ES300 current *85 S10 Blazer(v8) dd

i like 'em both(rotts/pits), but i prefer german shephards. the law is a little extreme seeing as how any dog, no patter the breed can possibly be made aggressive. pits get the main bulk of new when it comes to dog attacks 'cause how people are so adamant about making them fighters. those idiots train them to kill, that's all. they dont train them to defend the family they are in, just fight. those assholes dont even care about the dogs.

when i lived in stone mountain, this guy that lived on the next street from me owned about 5 pits, one day one of the puppies got out and was running through the neighborhood. it came to my house and tried to fight my german shephard and was pulling at the fense to try to access the backyard to get to him. looking at this dog i knew this little fucker was very aggressive, by the fact that he had pulled the fencing that i put in place outta the ground. it's a standard metal fence that i burried at the bottom 6 inches into the ground.

i holstered my gun, told my ex to get in the house and went through the front to get him and take him back where he came from. he looked cute enough(puppy) and when i walked up to hiim the little fucker jumped up and bit me on the chin, and i wasnt even kneeling. just partially bent over....like maybe 8inches. i kicked the shit outta him and pulled my gun. he ran back home.

for alittle while people were worried 'cause the amount of kids that are in the neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysuprajust8u
    did you know at any animal control if they have a pit, they WILL NOT put it up for adoption.. but a rottie they will? Thats some shit if you ask me
    Thats funny because my Uncle recently rescued 2 pits from Gwinnett? But I guess you know this as fact, seeing as you have worked for 5 years as a vet tech... My family also rescued a Rottie about 6 months ago, they aren't bad dogs at all and very smart compared to the pits. I can't believe all the bullshit in this topic... almost makes me laugh almost.

this is all opinion...I was bit by a rottie for NO REASON...I was in my cousins yard and the dog came running up the street and my cousins and I turned and began to go inside and the rottie came up at bit my arm...luckly enough my cousins got it off before it could do real damage...but statistically pits and rots are involved in more attacks that are reported...and Mysuprajust8u the fulton county animal control does allow pits and rots to be adopted but the person adopting them has to go through EXTENSIVE background checks...I'm sure the pits and rots that are there aren't because they were just roaming the streets...plus the rappers putting them in their videos with bad image has made the public think they are ALL bad dogs...bad dogs aren't born, they are made...IMO any dog with the correct, or incorrect training can become a deadly weapon...even the 'nicest' looking dog can be vicious...

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CiViCCuTie
    this is all opinion...I was bit by a rottie for NO REASON...I was in my cousins yard and the dog came running up the street and my cousins and I turned and began to go inside and the rottie came up at bit my arm..
    Finally. Oh and it's not opinion what I said. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Opinions are like ass holes...everyone has one...I don't hate any animals but the two dogs I would NEVER own are pits or rotties...If you don't believe that they are bad why don't you look up dog bite statistics and you'll see those two dogs in the mix most likely top 10 or top 5....

Certified Gearhead

This is my little girl princess she s a red nose pit

Quote Originally Posted by CiViCCuTie
    but statistically pits and rots are involved in more attacks that are reported.....
    Thats false... according to the news maybe... But in conyers.. There is actually less pit bites then those of chihuahuas and labs according to one of the guys at animal control....
    Val For President
    R.I.P. Our Dear Leisa..

ASAP N.E. Chapter VP

No more supra
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

NIKON Squad member| NikonD40

everyone should just get a beutiful purebread siberian husky and the world would be a better place. nikita is the best and most beutiful dog i've ever met. ok, granted the beutiful part is prolly biased, cause well, he's mine, but even to this day (14 years after his birth) whenever we're walking him, be it up the street, in a park, or up in helen, we ALWAYS have EVERYBODY stop and wanna pet him. so yeah. pits suck, rotties suck, shepherds are aight, but husky's rule the world!!!!!!!!!!!

so there

Quote Originally Posted by Mysuprajust8u
    Thats false... according to the news maybe... But in conyers..
    EXACTLY I'm talking about the WHOLE PICTURE not just locally...and when I say bites i don't just mean skin broken I'm talking about mauling or deaths...

iit's all in how you raise them, i have a male puppy 8 weeks old and hes just a fat little baby
    You only live once, maybe twice if you use the e-brake!

Quote Originally Posted by RISKYB
    iit's all in how you raise them, i have a male puppy 8 weeks old and hes just a fat little baby
    Sorry, dude, but I will have to say to you the same thing I have said to everyone else who thinks that,.....that's bullshit. And, please, if you think that way and you have kids, please watch your kids. Raising has NOTHING to do with natural instincts. Later, QD.

A long time ago pits was considered a GREAT FAMILY DOG like a lab or golden retriever, but then ppl noticed there stout build and strong jaws and started suing them for other things like fighting and what not THEN they changed there name to pittbull. If you dont beleive me look it up.

Agreed

Certified Gearhead

This has been a controversal subject many differences of opions!

IA Member

Pits are the best dogs in the world, ive been breeding them for about 8 years now, they are very alert, priotective have great muscle tone and just look awesome. i specialize in blues if any ones intrested puppies on the way. Any dog no matter the size shape or form will turn on another dog, pits are not vicious if you think that your an idiot any dog will defend its territory against another dog, (why do you think these piss everwhere) my 3 year old son actually rides on of my pits like a horse now if they were vicious who in there right mind would let there son ride one. and in response to the bull bloodline thats not a fighting bloodline, its the person who breeds the dog. thats all a bloodline is, many top breeders like corderio,cash,colby and etc will not let the new owner change the name of the dog so that the puppy will be reconized as one of theres to spread the word of what you can expect from the breeders puppies. bloodlines have nothing to do with fighting. it just lets the new owner somewhat know what the characteristics of the puppy will be like.

Lord. Where to begin, LOL. Lot of ignorance in this thread.

The main thing to think about pits is where you get them. Breeders who are looking to further the breed will ONLY breed dogs who pass temperment, physical, and genetic tests. Pits who aren't bred in some asshat's garage and left on their own are sweet, affectionate and loving dogs to their families.

You have to think to - all the dogs who are being adopted have come from some ungodly sort of place and more than likely abused. It's not a pit thing, any dog showing signs of aggression or violence won't be adopted out to families. Just more likely than not pits who are abused WILL NOT trust humans and will be aggressive towards everyone (not that I blame them).

HOWEVER - the breed itself was developed from the terrier and the bulldog - two EXTREMELY tenacious and stubborn breeds. The dog itself was turned into a fighting dog in the late 1800s, and unfortunately, the disgusting pasttime of dog fighting continues. So they do have a tendancy for aggression towards other dogs - those characteristics were prized in the breed for fighting, so therefore people would breed to get that trait. You can't tell me that a golden retriever (who was bred to work together with humans hunting birds) has the same level of aggression as a pitbull (bred for fighting and baiting bulls).

Pits that aren't socialized and trained well are more likely to attack or bite people than other breeds, that's true. However, they're not vicious dogs - more than likely you can compare it to a shark attack, it's more about mistaken identity. They're more of a danger to cats or small dogs in the neighborhood. (That's not just a pit thing either - my dogs are 20 and 25 lbs and when they see a rabbit - game on.) But if a pit is chained to a fence and left there, he has no way of disginguishing between a human and a dog, nobody has ever told him. Therefore his natural instinct is to attack and protect his territory. And yes, an entire neighborhood can be a dog's territory, especially if no other dog is there to tell him it's not. So you walking down the street can be seen as an invasion by a dog.

I personally wouldn't own a pit, just because I would never want the liability. But it comes down to good pet owners. If you train your dog, socialize them, and make sure to keep his behavior and dominance in check, then you should have no problems with a pit.

Val for President.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Big
    Yea they use German shepards too. But if u know ur shit about dogs like u say rottie are mixed with German shepards and Doberman Pincher best of both worlds back in german. Rottie was breed to guard and protect. WTF is u talking
    Pitts was not breed for that. THey was breed for FIGHTING. Pitts are not household dogs. Yea they are cute and fun to play with when pups But when they hit that age they start to snap. U never know. Sure u can keep them in ur house But WHY???

Dude all i can say is that u are a dum ass ignorant fuck that does not no any thing about pittbulls or any type of dog. Go read some books and know wtf u are talking about before u come on here and act like u know everything about dogs. Cuz u dont ! ( not saying that I do, But i do read ) Oh and German shepards with dobermans do not make a Rottie. Once agian go read up on ur shit. By the why I have a german shepard who is 2 1/2 from Germany.

1: Pittbulls were not breed for fighting. There were breed as game dogs that kings and queens used to hunt wild game in packs. Later people saw what these dogs were capable of and started to cross breed and train the dogs for fighting other dogs. Kind of like cock fights. Why do u think there are so many diff. blood lines of pittbulls, cuz of cross breeding.

2: I have 2 pittbulls that are part of the family and not just household dogs. There are really great with kids and i know this cuz my little cousins play with both of them and sometimes even rough. And they dont "turn on them". Also they would come to our Liquior store and parents would leave there kids behind the counter to play with them as they shopped.

3: U can train any dog to be mean or nice, its all in the way u bring up the dog. U can train a golden to bite the shit out of somebody, its not hard. U are just like every other stereotyping person that is uneducated about the breed of pittbulls. U just know what u see on tv and what bad storys u hear, not even listening to any of the good things about them. But dont worry ur not the only one that thinks this way. There alot more people out there that think the same way u do and alot of them have been posting on this thread.
    Not saying that there are not mean pittbulls out there but its cuz of how they are brought up and more then 1/2 of the dogs that bite people are pittbull mixes. That were abused and not trained.
    THAT IS ALL ! I am done

FYI These are my to mean Pittbulls that will "turn on u" better run
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -picture-001-jpg   -pictures-114-jpg  
    " If u can't hear the whine, then your behind "

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodge®
    Sorry, dude, but I will have to say to you the same thing I have said to everyone else who thinks that,.....that's bullshit. And, please, if you think that way and you have kids, please watch your kids. Raising has NOTHING to do with natural instincts. Later, QD.
    Oh and I forgot Pittbulls have the "Natural Instincts" to turn on and bite kids. Now that is the biggest load of BS i have ever heard lol.

Not trying to start shit, but I guess i just have to get over the fact that not everyone thinks the same. Opinions are like ass holes...everyone has one.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil EF9
    Oh and I forgot Pittbulls have the "Natural Instincts" to turn on and bite kids. Now that is the biggest load of BS i have ever heard lol.

Not trying to start shit, but I guess i just have to get over the fact that not everyone thinks the same. Opinions are like ass holes...everyone has one.
    No, but they do have instincts to be aggressive towards other dogs. The point is that if you don't socialize and raise a pit properly, they can't differenciate between a child and a dog - and they'll react accordingly. It's not the dog's fault, it's the owner's fault.

Val for President.

YELLOW POWER !!! The Golden Child's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly5338
    No, but they do have instincts to be aggressive towards other dogs. The point is that if you don't socialize and raise a pit properly, they can't differenciate between a child and a dog - and they'll react accordingly. It's not the dog's fault, it's the owner's fault.
    not trying to start anything but you make it seem like only " PITBULLS " have instincts to behave in an AGRESSIVE manner towards other dogs ..
    NY STAY HIGH !!!

BMW330 and Evil EF9 and a couple of others have got to be the most stupid fuccing idiots alive right now. If you don't think that a Pitbull will turn on your/any child in a drop, you should just get rid of any dogs you have, if you are unfortunate enough to own one. It does not matter how sweetly you treat the dog. You never know when/if it will turn on you or anything else. I'm not saying it WILL happen. I am saying that you never know if it will. Because it is 100% possible no matter how great you raise him. RAISING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DOGS NATURAL TEMPERAMENT. Idiots abound in this forum. Later, QD.

Quote Originally Posted by nolimitsteveo
    not trying to start anything but you make it seem like only " PITBULLS " have instincts to behave in an AGRESSIVE manner towards other dogs ..
    No, but the thread was about pitbulls. Hurray.

Val for President.

YELLOW POWER !!! The Golden Child's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly5338
    No, but the thread was about pitbulls. Hurray.
    want a ? just asking dont need to have your guard up ..
    NY STAY HIGH !!!

QD and everybody else that is narrow-minded and think pittbulls are so vicious and will "turn on u or kids" these are ur opinions and its sad to say that they will prob never change about this breed of dog. But all i got to say is that i am a proud owner of two of the best fucking pittbulls in the world and anybody that has meet them will tell u the same. Oh and by the way I will never get rid of my dogs for many reasons but one of the being that when people meet them out in public they all have the same reaction. "Oh this are pittbulls I thought they are all mean but these dogs are really sweet and very well takin care of" Its reactions like that that make me a proud owner of my beautiful dogs. Thats all i got to say i am done with this shit.

No. I believe you, ma'am are the narrow-minded one. Either that or you can't read. I never said it would happen. I said that there is a 100% chance that it could happen. I don't have a problem at all with the dog. They're fine by me. I'm not saying it to knock the dog. I'm saying this stuff because it is true and people and idiot, like yourslef, should realize that. You may have the best dogs in the world, that wouldn't hurt a flea. But there is always that chance. Hopefully, since you turn a blind eye to common sense, you won't have to go through that. Maybe again, hopefully you will, if that's what it takes for you to gain sight. Later, QD.

Certified Gearhead

they aren't called pitbulls .. they are called Staffordshire Terriers .. pitbull is just a name people gave em because of fighting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12