Wow, i had to think back a few years. I ran away at 17 years old, we lived in Cali at the time,we just moved out there from Gulf Shores AL. i hated Cali after 1 year and my parents where alwasy fighting.I decied to leave. My mom set us up a savings account with 1,000, i went to bank took it out and got a greyhound ticket.

I lived with some friends for about 1 month, then his parents got divorced, then i moved in with my sister for a few months.Then i got a apartment,in the same time i got in too some trouble and i moved to GA. My parents shortly followed,after living with my sister here in GA i moved back in with my parents at 21. I got married 2 years later and got an apartment with the wifey. I think me leaving the house on my own and proving to my parents i could take care of myself showed them alot, they respected me alot more when i moved back in. I think everyone should leave their house when they turn 18 it helps make you into a man or women not having to depend on anyone.