Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why is pot illegal?

Im blunt,Get over it blacknightteg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DieselNuts
    I guess you have never bought wiid. if you had, you would know that a carton of joints would cost you waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaay more than 50 bucks. If I could get pot for twice as much as cigarettes, I wold become a drug dealer RIGHT NOW.

lol i would laugh tht the price of a carton of Joints.
    Canon Nutswinger:
    Canon XS
    18-55mm
    55-250mm
    50mm USM

I drank before I ever smoked weed. But I tried exstacy before I tried weed. It's different for everyone. I've found weed to be the least inhibiting, or at least the one that would allow to me to be high from it and still get by doing my daily activities. When I've drank I get drunk and sloppy and rolls just made me really excited feeling and way energetic (out of the norm) lol. But eh, just an opinion. Ron Paul wants to legalize weed from what I've read into. But whatever.

Bozzio for president.

well this is what the history channel said haha

that back in the years around the 20s-50s dunno the exact time that out west mexicans were bringing it with them across the border and were getting to lazy to work and that black musicians were using it for music it was all propoganda started by the DEA in its early years when that guy was leading the dept. he didnt even want to be on the case of marijuana he thought there were worse drugs out there and slowly realized blah blah yes it is a gateway for some people and because putting a tax on it but the taxes they had were only few and that was one way to locate the ppl using it i have more but im about to go clubbin

Quote Originally Posted by dnugs03rsx
    well this is what the history channel said haha

that back in the years around the 20s-50s dunno the exact time that out west mexicans were bringing it with them across the border and were getting to lazy to work and that black musicians were using it for music it was all propoganda started by the DEA in its early years when that guy was leading the dept. he didnt even want to be on the case of marijuana he thought there were worse drugs out there and slowly realized blah blah yes it is a gateway for some people and because putting a tax on it but the taxes they had were only few and that was one way to locate the ppl using it i have more but im about to go clubbin

its 430 in ther afternoon where the **** are you goin clubbin lol
    Canon Nutswinger:
    Canon XS
    18-55mm
    55-250mm
    50mm USM

IA Member

Quote Originally Posted by blacknightteg
    its 430 in ther afternoon where the **** are you goin clubbin lol

AHAHAHAHAHA !

IA Member

[QUOTE=blacknightteg]
    you just shot your own point down. wouldnt they already be okay to drive if your argument held water? i know from riding with people that you really arent all that okay to drive after only 2 bowls, and not even fat ones. [?QUOTE]

it all depends on how often you smoke and how much you smoke when you do. Also the quality of weed you are smoking, there are many factors that come into play if this is to be argued. I have been smoking sense i have been 15 and driven stoned multiple times with NO problems what so ever, regardless on who was in the car and who wasnt. If you havent even ever smoked, you have no real reason to criticize as you dont know how it actually effects YOU not someone tellin you how it does word of mouth
    Yeah good point . Dude smoking and driving is easy but the road feels like it goes on for fcking forever .

[QUOTE=keitakse]

Yeah good point . Dude smoking and driving is easy but the road feels like it goes on for fcking forever .

**** ya it does.....lol, but oh well haha.
    Canon Nutswinger:
    Canon XS
    18-55mm
    55-250mm
    50mm USM

its illegal because some guy made everyone think that it makes people crazy. then congress passed a bill where u can sell weed if you had some kind of stamp or something showing you paid taxes on it. but the gov never gave the stamps to anybody. then sometime in the 70's they passed a new law that made it illegal to sell.
    i dont know its still illegal.

IA Member

[QUOTE=blacknightteg]
    Quote Originally Posted by keitakse

**** ya it does.....lol, but oh well haha.
    Hahaha yeah man it's crazy but everything is better when you pull up into taco bell drive thru ftw !

[QUOTE=keitakse]

Hahaha yeah man it's crazy but everything is better when you pull up into taco bell drive thru ftw !

fuuuuck yes...stoner heaven hahahahah. lol the only thing about pot thats bad in my opinion is that it makes you fat cuz your alwasy hungry, and your hungry cuz your bored as **** sitting around
    Canon Nutswinger:
    Canon XS
    18-55mm
    55-250mm
    50mm USM

smoking pot is only as harmful to your as you make it. if you do it responisibly, then you will have no problem what so ever. .
    True. At one point I was feeling really depressed. I cut back on the Wiid smoking and *voila* depression gone. That is one bad side effect that I do admit that it has had on me. But I found out the solution and I fixed the problem.

If pot its considered to be a gate way drug...then i guess it made me start smoking cigarettes, which i stopped. Why did i start because i was around people that did all the time and i didnt want to feel left out. Drug uses is all about who you are around and how often you are around them. if you associate yourself with people that just love to do drugs. your gunna end up being one of those types of people doing it every day. if you dont, then you might do it every now and then if its around if your out somewhere. but in no way shape and or form are you going to end up like some crackhead did, just cuz you occasionally smoke, or even smoke a few times a week. Pot is not a mind altering substance, it just may make you lazy. if it does, thats cuz you allow it. I know for a fact that when ever i was high with friends. we never just stood or sat around. we always wanted to do something. it does not make you less productive what so ever.
    This is also very true. When I got my DUI, not only did I quit because of probation, but I also started school and my classes were early as shiit in the AM and all my wiid smoking buddies worked nights at a sports bar. Because of this, I didnt really hang out anymore except on the weekends and that mad it VERY easy to quit.

IA Member

[QUOTE=blacknightteg]

fuuuuck yes...stoner heaven hahahahah. lol the only thing about pot thats bad in my opinion is that it makes you fat cuz your alwasy hungry, and your hungry cuz your bored as **** sitting around
    HAHAHAHAH I KNOW !!! It sucks ! but I'm asian so I really can't get fat haha all my friends are getting fat but I'm getting there haha . Dude try light painting its really fun . Only other bad thing to is you forget **** alot .

[QUOTE=keitakse]

HAHAHAHAH I KNOW !!! It sucks ! but I'm asian so I really can't get fat haha all my friends are getting fat but I'm getting there haha . Dude try light painting its really fun . Only other bad thing to is you forget **** alot .

hahah i used to have an asian buddy. haha we used to **** with him all the time.. he'd be like " im so baked" and i was like " dude, where the **** did your eyes go... i know your asian but god damn now there just perminantly shut!" might forget ****, but when you sober up, it comes right back. either that or someones does something to remind you with out knowing it
    Canon Nutswinger:
    Canon XS
    18-55mm
    55-250mm
    50mm USM

Certified Gearhead

chuck yeager or bear grylls never got to their position by smoking pot.

lol, this has gone from a debate to a stoner chat thread...lol

IA Member

[QUOTE=blacknightteg]

hahah i used to have an asian buddy. haha we used to **** with him all the time.. he'd be like " im so baked" and i was like " dude, where the **** did your eyes go... i know your asian but god damn now there just perminantly shut!" might forget ****, but when you sober up, it comes right back. either that or someones does something to remind you with out knowing it
    All my friends do that too there like where the fck your eyes go jap boy haha I'm like hell if i know . Yeah you remember things too late haha . Idk best thing is when you cut back for like a good week or so then go do it feels better becuase your not used to doing it all the time I guess .

that is definetly true, lol dieselnuts, your right. oh well, i got tired of people trying talk about something they know nothing about...or rather one person.
    Canon Nutswinger:
    Canon XS
    18-55mm
    55-250mm
    50mm USM

I had a teacher tell me that if I was gonna come to class high and study high that I should take the tests high. She said that things you learn sober, you remember sober and things you learn high, you remember high.

wether this is true or not, I dunno. But I made good grades and she didnt care if I was high as long as I continued to do good.

that is definetly true, lol dieselnuts, your right. oh well, i got tired of people trying talk about something they know nothing about...or rather one person.
    yeah, but i think he realized he was loosing so he left.

Stoners:1
    Dude that thinks he knows about stoners:0

Patience Pays...

The same reason why Crack possession will get you YEARS and Cocaine wont.

Weed is legal where I grew up in Alaska and trust me.. there is no viable reason why it is illegal.

IA Member

lol, this has gone from a debate to a stoner chat thread...lol
    haha your right ooops

Im not goin to lie, when i was in highschool i would go to school high too. I honestly did better in school and paid more attention to what was being taught rather then when i was sober and just zoned out cuz i got bored as ****. EVERYTHING is interesting when your stoned
    Canon Nutswinger:
    Canon XS
    18-55mm
    55-250mm
    50mm USM

IA Member

I had a teacher tell me that if I was gonna come to class high and study high that I should take the tests high. She said that things you learn sober, you remember sober and things you learn high, you remember high.

wether this is true or not, I made good grades and she didnt care if I was high as long as I continued to do good.

yeah, but i think he realized he was loosing so he left.

Stoners:1
    Dude that thinks he knows about stoners:0
    Yeah dude I still make good grades and continue to good and being high or smoking doesn't affect it so I don't know whats so bad about it .

its people who have never done it, automatically assume everything about it is bad. thats all it is. its all through propaganda and such
    Canon Nutswinger:
    Canon XS
    18-55mm
    55-250mm
    50mm USM

its people who have never done it, automatically assume everything about it is bad. thats all it is. its all through propaganda and such
    just like virgins thinking they will get pregnant if the give it up...

The government could easily tax it. Use the same laws as alcohol except replace the word alcohol with marijuana. lol. A little modification to the laws would be needed for sure but its a great starting point. Only reason it's still illegal is because of a negative public opinion towards politicians that vote for pro legalization legislation. Thats it. Honestly, if you want to stimulate the economy right now I think it would give a decent boost.

1) Food industry (especially fast food/junk food)
    2) Gas stations would generate more money from sale of Marlboro Greens (hahahaha)
    3) Government would have a huge influx of money, maybe pay off some debt or put a lot more cash towards education.

IA Member

Yeah I know esp in fay co MEGA RELIGIOUS ! And make it such a big deal man I hate it . They automatically assume that your a bad person and all this crazy ideas and label and judge you because you smoke pot and what not its ignorant . Why should they care ?

IA Member

just like virgins thinking they will get pregnant if the give it up...
    Ahahah REP !

Quote Originally Posted by R3RUN
    The government could easily tax it. Use the same laws as alcohol except replace the word alcohol with marijuana. lol. A little modification to the laws would be needed for sure but its a great starting point. Only reason it's still illegal is because of a negative public opinion towards politicians that vote for pro legalization legislation. Thats it. Honestly, if you want to stimulate the economy right now I think it would give a decent boost.

1) Food industry (especially fast food/junk food)
    2) Gas stations would generate more money from sale of Marlboro Greens (hahahaha)
    3) Government would have a huge influx of money, maybe pay off some debt or put a lot more cash towards education.
    but the thing about it is that they are making a lot of money by busting dealers and having them post bail, people for DUIs and all sorts of shiit.

I think they think they will make more money by busting folks than they would by taxing folks.

but the thing about it is that they are making a lot of money by busting dealers and having them post bail, people for DUIs and all sorts of shiit.

I think they think they will make more money by busting folks than they would by taxing folks.
    Wrong. The government spends billions every year paying to keep people in prison that are there for marijuana violations. Trials cost far more than they get from bail money. Not to mention the money to fund special departments and task forces that target marijuana. They definitely lose tons of money on it.

Wrong. The government spends billions every year paying to keep people in prison that are there for marijuana violations. Trials cost far more than they get from bail money. Not to mention the money to fund special departments and task forces that target marijuana. They definitely lose tons of money on it.
    True. I didnt think about that. You have a very valid point.

but yet they loose money cuz there are more people probably in our prison systems for drugs then there is for other things that are worse then that.
    Canon Nutswinger:
    Canon XS
    18-55mm
    55-250mm
    50mm USM

Here's a small little snipit of info that I found real quick. I'll look for something more substantial.

http://www.nicic.org/Library/015413

damn you rerun lol you hinted at it before me. although you did elaborate more then i would
    Canon Nutswinger:
    Canon XS
    18-55mm
    55-250mm
    50mm USM

IA Member

Theres more people that still roam the streets with far more important things that should be in prison and that we should direct our attention to than people with a little possesion charge no distriubtion of marijuana . I don't get why does the government wastes millions of dollars to keep Marijuana users in jail and all that riff raff ..... Well since marijuana is illegal why can't we just demcriminalize it for christ sakes ? Average and Responsible people everyday get locked up for it like adults who have families and what not lives get ruined for smoking bud ... If they decriminalize I think it would be alot better than the charges they have now adays .

IA Member

Funny stoner movie check it . Hahahaha .

More cost statistics. This is a federal government report showing how much it costs to keep people in prison.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/spe01.pdf

Page 25 has a table showing the amount of prisoners are in jail for drug offenses. The page before has actual numbers.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/p06.pdf

Here's some quick math on that to get a dollar amount for the cost to hold drug offenders in US prisons. Now keep in mind this is for ALL drugs. I don't know if I can find any info on what percentage of drug inmates are there for marijuana. I also don't believe in all drugs being legal.

Ok it costs the US this amount to imprison drug offenders every year:

$5,648,910,000 (average cost per prisoner X prisoners in state facilities)

Thats just the cost to keep them in jail. Not including trials and police task forces etc. That is actually a low number because it does not include federal inmates.
    Last edited by R3RUN; 03-06-2008 at 04:17 PM.

IA Member

More cost statistics. This is a federal government report showing how much it costs to keep people in prison.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/spe01.pdf

Page 25 has a table showing the amount of prisoners are in jail for drug offenses. The page before has actual numbers.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/p06.pdf

Here's some quick math on that to get a dollar amount for the cost to hold drug offenders in US prisons. Now keep in mind this is for ALL drugs. I don't know if I can find any info on what percentage of drug inmates are there for marijuana.

Numbers will be up in a min.
    Christ ....

haha im in ireland yo thats why im goin clubbin its like 1000 here

lol i was about to say, it didnt make any sense
    Canon Nutswinger:
    Canon XS
    18-55mm
    55-250mm
    50mm USM

Only number I could find is that 13.9% of all people in jail for drug convictions are there for marijuana. That is people actually serving time and doesn't count those that are just put on probation.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast