Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why is pot illegal?

at least you dont have to worry about blowing up yor subdivision by f ucking around with all sorts of chems like ether.........

Go Dawgs

^^^ha ha ha
    Tuned by Lil Ray Ray's

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by tippatone
    I agree that pot should be legal for the simple fact that no man-made chemicals goes into making weed the way it is. Cocaine and dope must have chemicals added to make is street ready for use. But weed, ROLL IT, LIGHT IT and SMOKE THAT S HIT

just because something is a product of nature doesnt make it happy dany (not an argument against weed, but an argument that some people believe that natural = good, either it be drugs, skin cream, medicine)

so based on your assumtion that natural stuff is good, would it be ok if you take a handful of Oleander leaves (naturally occuring plant) and make a cream out of it and rub it on your body? expect a trip to the ER. Id love to see someone who believes this "but its natural" **** take a trip to the jungle and see how many things they can touch/consume before they realize how stupid they are.

none of that post was targeted agasint weed, it was simply a statement against the popular notion that anything naturally occuring is safe to use... which is totally ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSquirl
    my sister transfered to cocaine and crystal meth from weed, but my family and her friends got her help.

anyway, DRUGS ARE FOR THE WEAK
    Well, your sister obviously cant control her self. I have done coke a handful of times and its fun while your doin it, but after its gone, you want more and when you wake up the next day, you feel like ****. Thats why I wont touch it again. And as far as meth goes, that has got to be the most disgusting drug ever. Anyone that would smoke a combination of shiit that can be found under the kitchen sink has mental problems to begin with.

so, is tylenol, ibprofen, and other "drugs" for the weak?

just because something is a product of nature doesnt make it happy dany (not an argument against weed, but an argument that some people believe that natural = good, either it be drugs, skin cream, medicine)

so based on your assumtion that natural stuff is good, would it be ok if you take a handful of Oleander leaves (naturally occuring plant) and make a cream out of it and rub it on your body? expect a trip to the ER. Id love to see someone who believes this "but its natural" **** take a trip to the jungle and see how many things they can touch/consume before they realize how stupid they are.

none of that post was targeted agasint weed, it was simply a statement against the popular notion that anything naturally occuring is safe to use... which is totally ridiculous.
    I do, however, agree with you on this point, but pot isnt one of them.

I hear Jamaica is considering legalizing MJ

(RAH)² (AH)³

i think if they made weed legal it would just make coke the next thing to legalize. eventually itll all be legal and well kill ourselves cuz we cant find anything naughty do busy ourselves with.
    I asked a girl if i could buy her a drink, she said I have a boyfriend, so I said, well i have a goldfish, she said what? I replied, oh I'm sorry I thought we were talking about shit that doesnt matter.

i highly doubt that..it would probably be shrooms haha do u know how they make coke its pretty ****ed up i dunno if this is the real coke how to list but supposedly they take the cocoa leaves and let them soak in chemicals and dry out in the sun and wat is left is coke ... now that sounds a lot more ****ed up than smoking the buds of a plant at least its not harnessed by adding chemicals like gasoline etc.. its all naturale

Quote Originally Posted by SammyPain
    i think if they made weed legal it would just make coke the next thing to legalize. eventually itll all be legal and well kill ourselves cuz we cant find anything naughty do busy ourselves with.
    Marijuana is a buffer zone (when we're talking legality) for heavier drugs
    IA Rules doesn't allow these images in sigs

- IA Mgmt

i think it should be legalized, less peeps in jail = more money

Banned

i think it should be legalized because once people can buy this stuff legally eventually they'll get bored and go on to the next big thing. but the usa is so jacked up that they cant see the possibilities of the out come of this action. i personally dont smoke pot, so i could careless. :P

Your Moms Moderattor

Really really late post. This should of been response #2.

Pot is illegal for the same reasons High Fructose Corn Syrup is in everything we eat, and drink, and that being government subsidiaries.

Corn producers get it, sugar cane producers dont. Thus its cheaper to sweeten everything with a reprocessed product like HFCS.

Pot will compete with lumber, especially in the production of paper.

One Acre of hemp can processed into as much paper as 3 acres of trees, and it does not take up to 5 growing seasons for it to be harvested. It takes only 1 growing season to harvest hemp.

So think about it, if hemp is illegal for commercial consumerism purposes, why would it pot be legal for recreational purposes?

IA Member

my sister transfered to cocaine and crystal meth from weed, but my family and her friends got her help.

anyway, DRUGS ARE FOR THE WEAK

lol at the kids smoking pot since age 15 (keitakse), you must be some cool dude.
    sarcastic eh ? It's just a herb ...
    "Nature is fucking hardcore"

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by keitakse
    It's just a herb ...

you must not have read the other posts about the idots who say "....but its natural". this has nothing to do with my stance on issue, pot, legality; its just annoying how stupid some people can be.....

my question to you is: do you actually think that every natural object is safe?

if you say yes, then you are retarded. parachute into a jungle and try to eat the fruit.

Ok I started reading and I feel that I must give my opinion.
    -I gaurentee weed will be legal in our lifetime. It is ineviable.
    For instance, Mitt Romney was for legalizing marijuana. Thats a president canidate.

-If the gov made it legal and taxed it rather than fought it, do you realize how much money we would save?
    For Intance, Cops could go after the murders big crime lords and so on, rather than pulling over people for pot.

-Only the people that do smoke, can comprehend the amount of people that do smoke. Once you do smoke, you understand how many things are relating to smoking pot. People, music, movies, art, it goes on for a very long time.
    For Instance, those that listen to Dave Matthews. I never listened to Dave before, never really appreciated the music. Well then that changed one night when I "got second hand smoke" from a few people. I could not believe what I was hearing. The gutair, drums, snares, violin was INCREDIBLE. I now love Dave Matthews and listen to it all the time. But it was hidden from me for all these years.

-I find it no different than Alcohol. Yes Alcohol is legal for people above 21. How many people drink that are not 21? Millions. Pot is illegal. How many people burn? Millions upon Millions.

-Yes it would be difficult to tax because alot of people grow it for themselves. Just as people make shine, it is much more convienent to go to the store and buy a handle of Jack Daniels. Just like pot, if someone could just go to the store real quick and grab a sack they would pay for it, for the convienence. Look anywhere in the sales market. Convienence (sp?) sells stuff very easy. You could change your oil for like 14-15 bucks. Or you can go to NTB and get it done for 30 and you dont have to do anything. Same concept.

-Also, government Marijuana is for medical purposes. Anyone who is anyone that has gotten their hands on this knows well, that it is very worth paying for rather than trying to grow something similiar. The THC level in normal marijuana is supposely 5-6% THC. The THC level in medical grade is in the 20 % area.
    Honda RC51 SP1
    Yoshi RS-3 Cans
    520 Conversion
    Clip Ons
    Race Tech Fork Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Blitanicle99
    Ok I started reading and I feel that I must give my opinion.
    -I gaurentee weed will be legal in our lifetime. It is ineviable.
    For instance, Mitt Romney was for legalizing marijuana. Thats a president canidate.

-If the gov made it legal and taxed it rather than fought it, do you realize how much money we would save?
    For Intance, Cops could go after the murders big crime lords and so on, rather than pulling over people for pot.

-Only the people that do smoke, can comprehend the amount of people that do smoke. Once you do smoke, you understand how many things are relating to smoking pot. People, music, movies, art, it goes on for a very long time.
    For Instance, those that listen to Dave Matthews. I never listened to Dave before, never really appreciated the music. Well then that changed one night when I "got second hand smoke" from a few people. I could not believe what I was hearing. The gutair, drums, snares, violin was INCREDIBLE. I now love Dave Matthews and listen to it all the time. But it was hidden from me for all these years.

-I find it no different than Alcohol. Yes Alcohol is legal for people above 21. How many people drink that are not 21? Millions. Pot is illegal. How many people burn? Millions upon Millions.

-Yes it would be difficult to tax because alot of people grow it for themselves. Just as people make shine, it is much more convienent to go to the store and buy a handle of Jack Daniels. Just like pot, if someone could just go to the store real quick and grab a sack they would pay for it, for the convienence. Look anywhere in the sales market. Convienence (sp?) sells stuff very easy. You could change your oil for like 14-15 bucks. Or you can go to NTB and get it done for 30 and you dont have to do anything. Same concept.

-Also, government Marijuana is for medical purposes. Anyone who is anyone that has gotten their hands on this knows well, that it is very worth paying for rather than trying to grow something similiar. The THC level in normal marijuana is supposely 5-6% THC. The THC level in medical grade is in the 20 % area.
    If pot went legal in my lifetime...

redhotsleeper

Hey man don't drink and drive!!! Smoke and fly !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.G35
    i think it should be legalized, less peeps in jail = more money
    What makes you think there'll be any less people in jail?
    IA Rules doesn't allow these images in sigs

- IA Mgmt

Im blunt,Get over it blacknightteg's Avatar

wow this thread is still goin on?

phsycosquirl...the people that were talking about it being natural, being one of them were not talking about it compared to cigarettes....apparently you didnt read the thread completely as you might have noticed that. pot is way more natural compared to any cigarette that is manufactured. pot has no sort of addicting chemicals in it, like nicottene for example. this makes but alot better then something such as cigarettes. i think people would have a lot more commen sense then you apparently think if they were to go into the jungle and started randomly eating ****, come on now. seriously?
    Canon Nutswinger:
    Canon XS
    18-55mm
    55-250mm
    50mm USM

Certified Gearhead

did i ever say anything about ciggerettes? no wait wait wait.......

did i say anything about pot in my speech about natural things? no

the whole last 3 posts or so of mine was purley talking about idiots who think that "natural = good/safe". hell it could have been about lettuce or something.

you fail at reading

Agreed.

Keep it illegal, up enforcement and the consequences, and make prison as much of a hell as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by fcman
    What makes you think there'll be any less people in jail?
    uhhh.....if it were legal, you wouldnt go to jail for having it in your possesion. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ran
    Agreed.

Keep it illegal, up enforcement and the consequences, and make prison as much of a hell as possible.
    I couldnt disagree more. Someone being a pothead is COMPLETELY different than someone being a cokehead. The only similarity that coke and weed have is that they are both come from a plant and they are both illegal. The way you act when on each drug is night and day comparison. If you have no experience with either drug, look at it like this: Tony Montana vs. Cheech & Chong. HUGE difference.

How many people have you heard of that overdose on coke? How many people have you heard of overdosing on pot?

As far as "upping the consequences and making prison as much of a hell as possible", what is the point of that? The govt. will spend more money that they dont have to throw people that smoke a harmless* plant in a cage with people that raped and murdered innocent people. The only outcome of that is if the pothead doesnt get killed, he will be a lot worse of a person when he gets out. Ever seen Blow?

*harmless by means of not harming anyone else.

the way that i compare coke and pot is exactly like you said deisel. its like night and day. When i did coke alot for a long time and then started smoking again. i explained it this way:

coke is satans drug....has you goin for a little while makin you feel like its the best thing and then BAM you reach hell cuz you have NO MORE

weed on the other hand is gods....opens up your mind and makes you think about alot of stuff. makes you happy and lasts a hell of alot longer...
    Canon Nutswinger:
    Canon XS
    18-55mm
    55-250mm
    50mm USM

Quote Originally Posted by blacknightteg
    the way that i compare coke and pot is exactly like you said deisel. its like night and day. When i did coke alot for a long time and then started smoking again. i explained it this way:

coke is satans drug....has you goin for a little while makin you feel like its the best thing and then BAM you reach hell cuz you have NO MORE

weed on the other hand is gods....opens up your mind and makes you think about alot of stuff. makes you happy and lasts a hell of alot longer...
    very true. also, when on coke, you feel like you are capable of doing ANYTHING, which can make you a dangerous person.

One of my favorite things to do was to get baked and listen to some Eminem CDs. His music can be enturpreted so many ways and I never really saw all the different views untill I was high.

Quote Originally Posted by DieselNuts
    very true. also, when on coke, you feel like you are capable of doing ANYTHING, which can make you a dangerous person.

One of my favorite things to do was to get baked and listen to some Eminem CDs. His music can be enturpreted so many ways and I never really saw all the different views untill I was high.

exactly...pot brings a whole no word to a person when high...makes things your around shine in a completely different light.
    Canon Nutswinger:
    Canon XS
    18-55mm
    55-250mm
    50mm USM

Pot is illegal because back in the 30's or some ****, some bigot seeking job security, by the name of Henry J Ansliger told the nation that Cannabis "makes black people want to rape white women." The whole reason we know Cannabis as "Marijuana" is because this ******* wanted to play on the prejudices on white people at the time, so he called it by it's mexican name. The head honcho at the time bought this bull**** story, and made it illegal. Shorty there after Henry J Ansliger, was given his own govenment department to manage, today we now know it as the DEA,

There's no legitimate reason for it to be illegal, any more so than alcohol, or cigarettes. End of story.

I would also like to add that there has never been a recorded death due to marijuana.
    And it almost impossible to overdose. You have to smoke I believe its 80 ( I could be wrong on the number I cant remember exactly right now but its something like that) times the amount that it takes you to get high in single sitting to overdose. You would pass out before you got to your 5th round times your normal high.

And Harrison... Cove, boat, Nicks last blunt before boot camp.
    Honda RC51 SP1
    Yoshi RS-3 Cans
    520 Conversion
    Clip Ons
    Race Tech Fork Kit

ccw replicas

bc the government is f'ing stupid. especially when you can get a felony for it(as i did and along with that the boot out of college). But i can say from first hand experience that this is no gateway drug if anything is the gateway drug its alcohol. you will do some dumb ass stuff when you are drunk. **** even girls clothes fall off with a bit of alcohol. if they are getting stoned, they just might eat all your food, or take a little nap, but that is about it. from personal experience, you can smoke your brains out and be straight in a little bit. if you drink your ass off, there is a point where you wont be able to see a foot in front of you, let alone put one foot in front of the other. with weed you might have a little trouble keeping your eyes open, but nothing about it in any way should be illegal. i think its just bc of the generation of the govn officials that are in office right now. i think in some years when ppl closer to our generations get into office things will change. well at least i hope. They are a little leanant on the criminal aspects of it tho. any amount of coke, meth or any pill that you have that isnt yours is an automatic felony. at least you can have a certain amount of weed b4 it is a felony, but its not high enough. IMO it should be a pound and over for a felony, but that just my

HF

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by csmiths98AV6
    bc the government is f'ing stupid. especially when you can get a felony for it(as i did and along with that the boot out of college). But i can say from first hand experience that this is no gateway drug if anything is the gateway drug its alcohol. you will do some dumb ass stuff when you are drunk. **** even girls clothes fall off with a bit of alcohol. if they are getting stoned, they just might eat all your food, or take a little nap, but that is about it. from personal experience, you can smoke your brains out and be straight in a little bit. if you drink your ass off, there is a point where you wont be able to see a foot in front of you, let alone put one foot in front of the other. with weed you might have a little trouble keeping your eyes open, but nothing about it in any way should be illegal. i think its just bc of the generation of the govn officials that are in office right now. i think in some years when ppl closer to our generations get into office things will change. well at least i hope. They are a little leanant on the criminal aspects of it tho. any amount of coke, meth or any pill that you have that isnt yours is an automatic felony. at least you can have a certain amount of weed b4 it is a felony, but its not high enough. IMO it should be a pound and over for a felony, but that just my
    So you ****ed up and got a felony and kicked outta school for having/doing something illegal and the government is stupid? yeah sure. You think your generation is the first one to enjoy weed? There is a reason that you have to be a certain age to hold any given politcal office. Mainly cause younger people make stupid decisions. Everyone runs around saying "oh if so and so were legal, there would be less crime", who knows maybe there would. But I don't want to risk it on a maybe. Maybe things would be worse. Either way if you need a drug to add some element to your life, it's f'in sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyc3020
    Why is marijuana illegal for recreational use? Give me a reason that does not contradict why Alcohol is legal. I dont smoke pot, but i have. i just can't figure out the laws.
    its a money-making scheme for the law emforcement. it doesnt matter wheter or not its not harmful.... its just used as a tool and excuse to rip off the people and make $$$
    i bailed my friend out of jail and his gf in eatonton(bumble****) for smoking and thats the end of it. no court, no record, nothing, they just wanted their money and thats it.
    EF SQUAD FTMFW!!!!

ccw replicas

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo04
    So you ****ed up and got a felony and kicked outta school for having/doing something illegal and the government is stupid? yeah sure. You think your generation is the first one to enjoy weed? There is a reason that you have to be a certain age to hold any given politcal office. Mainly cause younger people make stupid decisions. Everyone runs around saying "oh if so and so were legal, there would be less crime", who knows maybe there would. But I don't want to risk it on a maybe. Maybe things would be worse. Either way if you need a drug to add some element to your life, it's f'in sad.
    your so right. you feel a little better now. maybe you should go burn one , im just messing with you, but just so you know it turned out to be a good thing, bc i realized how much i took for granted. and just the arrest sobered me up, for almost 2 years now. i just dont think you should jump to conclusions about ppl, "if you need a drug to add some element in your life, its f'in sad". say that to someone who is an addict. i just dont think that it should be illegal. i think alcohol should. alot less deaths, especially in cars, and alot less violence period. but that is just my opinion. so take that however you want.

HF

the government/state needs weed to keep funds and the economy going.
    tobacco company is helping keep weed illlegal...errone would quit smoking and convert to weedhabilitation.
    errone in the hood doesnt want weed to be legalized, we cant eat if it is.
    theres so much more...

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by csmiths98AV6
    your so right. you feel a little better now. maybe you should go burn one , im just messing with you, but just so you know it turned out to be a good thing, bc i realized how much i took for granted. and just the arrest sobered me up, for almost 2 years now. i just dont think you should jump to conclusions about ppl, "if you need a drug to add some element in your life, its f'in sad". say that to someone who is an addict. i just dont think that it should be illegal. i think alcohol should. alot less deaths, especially in cars, and alot less violence period. but that is just my opinion. so take that however you want.

I wasn't saying you were the one who needed a drug to make your life better, more of a generalization. I suppose I could've made it a bit more clear on who I was talking about. Your original post made it seem (at least to me) that you were blaming the government and school for your f up. If that was not the case I'm sorry for the mix up. If you learned something outta it, then you are better then 9/10ths of the ppl who get busted for it.

Because the Govt. can't tax something that you can grow in your house.
    N/A>>><<<BOOST

wiid= illegal, "addictive" a "gateway drug"

sex= legal, "addictive" a "gateway experience"

i think they should make sex illegal too....it causes a feelgood experience, like wiid, makes people do crazy things to get it and for those that master it's usage "the grind"....gets people knocking at their doors at all hours of the day and night!

The laws suck. We need to revolt and rise up and kick some ass. Then spark a blunt. JK I dont smoke but I used to and there is nothing wrong with token.

RIP Susan Jane Boyes blackDAHLIA's Avatar

legalize it!

weeds not a gateway drug nor addictive. i am proof.

ccw replicas

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo04
    I wasn't saying you were the one who needed a drug to make your life better, more of a generalization. I suppose I could've made it a bit more clear on who I was talking about. Your original post made it seem (at least to me) that you were blaming the government and school for your f up. If that was not the case I'm sorry for the mix up. If you learned something outta it, then you are better then 9/10ths of the ppl who get busted for it.

Well when you go a university to play hockey for them and when you get the boot they win nationals, that will wake you up a little. Especially seeing all of them with there huge ass rings that they have on all the the time knowing that you should have one as well, then I don't know what would. Oh and a felony helped with that as well. But yea I know ppl that have been arrested a bunch of times and never change

HF

Quote Originally Posted by jesse4846
    mj is a gateway drug. i know from seeing close family members go through rehab several times. i really dont think that most people who do harder drugs starts with those drugs. now while many people can smoke pot and be just fine, alot of people arent. its not the same as cigarettes, because cigarettes cause no major harmful mental defects, while pot kills alot of brain cells. i agree that alcohol is ALOT worse than pot, because i cant remember the last time i heard about a middle aged guy getting stoned and beating his family. pot is also more likely to produce less productive and less motivated people in my experiences. i dont smoke and i dont drink (often) and i wouldnt mind seeing them both outlawed.

just my .02.

btw, all of what ive said is based on my personal observations.
    ok for starters anything that isnt good for your body is bad not just mj, cigs, and beer, lets see sugar, salt, pepper, to much citrid acid, gas, perfume, tattoos, certain air in certain areas, most water, plants, fast food, lip gloss, chapstick, the world wide web, congress, the president, people with stds, and certain animals to certain people. but they arent illegal to have or own or use and take. but give the government time they will be illegal too.

buy my ee wagon! 89 rt4wd 6 speed honda wagon it has air and power steering!

Quote Originally Posted by ahmonrah
    wiid= illegal, "addictive" a "gateway drug"

sex= legal, "addictive" a "gateway experience"

i think they should make sex illegal too....it causes a feelgood experience, like wiid, makes people do crazy things to get it and for those that master it's usage "the grind"....gets people knocking at their doors at all hours of the day and night!
    it sounds like you're comparing two totally different things here man. marijuana isnt addictive unless you let the drug control your body and use it in a way that'll cause you to think as a get away solution. i used to smoke back when i was a teen and never once got addictive, and i used to smoke atleast 5 times a week and this was going on for a good year and a half. im not proud of that but that to me shows that marijuana isn't addictive unless you allow it to take over you.

The fact of the matter is there is not a single piece of legitimate evidence that can prove cannabis as dangerous, and addictive substance; simply because it is not. Cannabis has been known by humans for its medicinal properties for thousands of years now; only recently, in the past seventy years or so, have we started making our own citizens prisoners due to mostly non-violent drug offenses.

The vast majority of the people who try to liken something as benign as cannabis, to something like cocaine usually have little idea as to what they're talking about. The drugs are very different, unrelated, and have drastically different effects on the central nervous system.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast