Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big Bang Theory

banned from heaven..

Default The Big Bang Theory

The Big Bang Theory is the dominant scientific theory about the origin of the universe. According to the big bang, the universe was created sometime between 10 billion and 20 billion years ago from a cosmic explosion that hurled matter and in all directions.

In 1927, the Belgian priest Georges Lemaître was the first to propose that the universe began with the explosion of a primeval atom. His proposal came after observing the red shift in distant nebulas by astronomers to a model of the universe based on relativity. Years later, Edwin Hubble found experimental evidence to help justify Lemaître's theory. He found that distant galaxies in every direction are going away from us with speeds proportional to their distance.

The big bang was initially suggested because it explains why distant galaxies are traveling away from us at great speeds. The theory also predicts the existence of cosmic background radiation (the glow left over from the explosion itself). The Big Bang Theory received its strongest confirmation when this radiation was discovered in 1964 by Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson, who later won the Nobel Prize for this discovery.

Although the Big Bang Theory is widely accepted, it probably will never be proved; consequentially, leaving a number of tough, unanswered questions.

Updated December 2, 1997

Who here believes in this theory? I personally believe in it and the theory of evolution.... how many people disbelieve it and how many people do believe in it?
    sponsored by: workhard motorsports. // tuned by

More arms than Vaishno Ma HvyArms's Avatar
    Bangin from Belize to TelAviv in the Red Sea racing Saddam Hussein on Kawasaki jet skis

I believe that God created the Universe out of nothing. Im sure there was some initial "Bang" involved.
    ALICE SMITH - For Lovers, Dreamers & Me
    http://www.myspace.com/alicesmith
    [CENTER]BUY MY GIRL'S ALBUM !

God said bang and the explosion spanned over 7 days.

You can believe in both. The Big Bang theory is just an explanation of how everything began and why most galaxies and such are moving away from us. The theory of evolution is for how lifeforms change once life began on Earth. So yea I agree with both theories.

Official Gator Hater Lucky DAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HvyArms
    I believe that God created the Universe out of nothing. Im sure there was some initial "Bang" involved.
    that sounds like an oxymoron lol

i think it was made by god
    2005 Ford F-150 FX4 Supercrew

Quote Originally Posted by R3RUN
    You can believe in both. The Big Bang theory is just an explanation of how everything began and why most galaxies and such are moving away from us. The theory of evolution is for how lifeforms change once life began on Earth. So yea I agree with both theories.
    evolution has its flaws as well

some scientists at a convention had like a whole month of trying to figure out what the pharynx in your throat evolved from. they could not find a simpler form of it and therefore it has never evolved.

it was supposed to be some big thing about how evolution didn't work, i didn't really understand it all that well

banned from heaven..

i don't really believe in a god.... we as humans believe in alot of diffrent things..
    but we are not alone... what would other life forms believe in.?

I don't think we were created by god... i believe in evolution

Its called random mutation that resulted in a dominant trait. Im not saying it doesn't have its flaws, because it most certainly does. BTW I am in no way religious.

Its called random mutation that resulted in a dominant trait. Im not saying it doesn't have its flaws, because it most certainly does. BTW I am in no way religious.
    i'm not that religious either

but i think to believe that we are simply here on our own and are only purpose is to advance technology and biogenetically enhance the next generaion is nothing but depressing.

you have to believe in something bigger then yourself to keep a positive attitude on a day to day basis

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac
    The Big Bang Theory is the dominant scientific theory about the origin of the universe. According to the big bang, the universe was created sometime between 10 billion and 20 billion years ago from a cosmic explosion that hurled matter and in all directions.

In 1927, the Belgian priest Georges Lemaître was the first to propose that the universe began with the explosion of a primeval atom. His proposal came after observing the red shift in distant nebulas by astronomers to a model of the universe based on relativity. Years later, Edwin Hubble found experimental evidence to help justify Lemaître's theory. He found that distant galaxies in every direction are going away from us with speeds proportional to their distance.

The big bang was initially suggested because it explains why distant galaxies are traveling away from us at great speeds. The theory also predicts the existence of cosmic background radiation (the glow left over from the explosion itself). The Big Bang Theory received its strongest confirmation when this radiation was discovered in 1964 by Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson, who later won the Nobel Prize for this discovery.

Although the Big Bang Theory is widely accepted, it probably will never be proved; consequentially, leaving a number of tough, unanswered questions.

Updated December 2, 1997

Who here believes in this theory? I personally believe in it and the theory of evolution.... how many people disbelieve it and how many people do believe in it?
    well if you can believe in a imginary force creating you, pregnated virgins, walking on water, bodies disappearing, etc ... i don't think this is that far off.

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    well if you can believe in a imginary force creating you, pregnated virgins, walking on water, bodies disappearing, etc ... i don't think this is that far off.

the book is open to interpretation imo
    if you believe that word for word then you are in fact a moron because the book was written by human beings so naturally it will be flawed.

the stories are written to give you morals and a way to live your life and be a good person.

its just like children's books teaching kids good values.
    if you believe that there are talking trains and big red dogs running around outside then you might need to be smacked

banned from heaven..

oh yeah..... well what do you think about this subject?
    im really into science.. and grew up reading about this and paying alot of attention on this subject at school

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky SC
    i'm not that religious either

but i think to believe that we are simply here on our own and are only purpose is to advance technology and biogenetically enhance the next generaion is nothing but depressing.

you have to believe in something bigger then yourself to keep a positive attitude on a day to day basis
    I think most of the new technologies are pretty cool actually. I believe in the Man. As in the one thats tryin to hold us down.

IA KING

the book is open to interpretation imo
    if you believe that word for word then you are in fact a moron because the book was written by human beings so naturally it will be flawed.

the stories are written to give you morals and a way to live your life and be a good person.

its just like children's books teaching kids good values.
    if you believe that there are talking trains and big red dogs running around outside then you might need to be smacked
    if you believe in the bible then you believe it is the word of god written by man. how you believe it should be interpeted is up to you but disputing that fact kinda contradicts believing it; IMO. it is all or none you must believe it word for word or you do not have faith in it.

Have you not seen them? That sucks. I talk to my red dog all the time with my boy Thomas the train engine. Its baller as hell.

Fah-Q

+1 I was about to type the same thing

banned from heaven..

Paul i see where you're coming from but.... i just don't believe in the bible

I dont belive in the big bang theory at all. First and formost. Where do we get our soul from? What does that bang created a soul for a human being and other animal? Too me it's just a bullshit theory.

IA KING

oh yeah..... well what do you think about this subject?
    im really into science.. and grew up reading about this and paying alot of attention on this subject at school
    i don't think anything can be proven/disproven when it is based on theory instead of facts. i know what my senses can tell me anything out of that scheme requires faith. if you can think of it then it is possible.

The earth was really just a piece of dust that was washed off of god by a droplet of sweat. Thats why the oceans contain salt.

Fah-Q

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Asian
    I dont belive in the big bang theory at all. First and formost. Where do we get our soul from? What does that bang created a soul for a human being and other animal? Too me it's just a bullshit theory.
    Your soul is not something that is materialistic, its in your mind...have u ever seen someone's soul?

banned from heaven..

are you serious? so god created EVERYTHING! Space/Planets/ect.

i don't think so...... Earth is NOT the only planet with life on it. God didn't just one day say.. im gonna create life.... and boom it happened....

Earth as existed for over 4 billon years.... Jesus Christ isn't even that old

Quote Originally Posted by Ran Kizama
    God said bang and the explosion spanned over 7 days.

Make a poll, that'd be interesting to see...

banned from heaven..

i don't think anything can be proven/disproven when it is based on theory instead of facts. i know what my senses can tell me anything out of that scheme requires faith. if you can think of it then it is possible.
    good point...... not bad... this thread is alot better than shit talking ones.
    +1

Islander

The universe is not currently expanding.. it is imploding...
    I got free clear tails with my ride.....

banned from heaven..

And have yall every thought about black holes? How was all this created.... God! I highly dought it.. Space is to complex for anyone to understand

The soul is not materialistic but how do you explain entites roaming on the earth as even by QD he acknowledges that are entities roaming around the earth? If we have feelings and emotions where does the come from then? Where?There is no body part that says I hate you or I'm happy. It's random so must come from somewhere like a soul.
    If you READ the first part of the bible it will explain EVERYTHING !!!! GOD CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH!!!! He expanded !!!!

banned from heaven..

Jesus Christ son of God....
    The bible... its all just a bunch of texts that no body as every proven... no hard evidence that he existed... no proof that all the stuff that is said in the bible happened.

Angles.... Devils.... its all just things the one as a person chooses to believe in.
    Being brought back to life cause of God... no... its the willing to survive the brings people back to life.

the after life... heaven/ hell... so many things that have never been proven.. ive seen programs on tv that people see the after life, some see heaven and some see hell. but nothing

Now when it comes to Alliens to something that is extratrutrial(SP???) the goverment always checks the situation and does something about it.

We might never find all the answers but thats the fun part about it

Fah-Q

The soul is not materialistic but how do you explain entites roaming on the earth as even by QD he acknowledges that are entities roaming around the earth? If we have feelings and emotions where does the come from then? Where?There is no body part that says I hate you or I'm happy. It's random so must come from somewhere like a soul.
    If you READ the first part of the bible it will explain EVERYTHING !!!! GOD CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH!!!! He expanded !!!!
    Well if QD said that there's entities roaming around then it must be true!!!

And the reason we have feelings and emotions is because we have developed a conscience(sp?) we are civilized and domesticated over many years. Hating someone or liking someone is not random it has to do with what we have been taught, and what has been passed down to us.

P.S. The first part of the bible has no metion of dinosaurs...i would really like to know where they fit in in the theory of creationism....so it doesnt explain EVERYTHING.

banned from heaven..

Quote Originally Posted by Specvee
    Well if QD said that there's entities roaming around then it must be true!!!

And the reason we have feelings and emotions is because we have developed a conscience(sp?) we are civilized and domesticated over many years. Hating someone or liking someone is not random it has to do with what we have been taught, and what has been passed down to us.

P.S. The first part of the bible has no metion of dinosaurs...i would really like to know where they fit in in the theory of creationism....so it doesnt explain EVERYTHING.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ISAtlanta300
    The universe is not currently expanding.. it is imploding...
    Not yet. It is expected to implode eventually but for now its expanding.

Oh and Im definately with alex on earth not being the only life containing planet. That is just a selfish thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Specvee
    Dont you remember? Earth is only 6k years old. LOL

Jesus Christ son of God....
    The bible... its all just a bunch of texts that no body as every proven... no hard evidence that he existed... no proof that all the stuff that is said in the bible happened.
    Actually, there's plenty of proof that Jesus, son of David actually existed. Now, whether or not you believe in his miracles or the point that he was the son of God is completely up to you.

We might never find all the answers but thats the fun part about it
    The same could be said for religious beliefs.

Fah-Q

Not yet. It is expected to implode eventually but for now its expanding.

Oh and Im definately with alex on earth not being the only life containing planet. That is just a selfish thought.
    Agreed

Fah-Q

Dont you remember? Earth is only 6k years old. LOL
    ur right damnit!!! I guess dinosaurs have been just one big joke that our school teachers played on us....BASTARDS!!!

banned from heaven..

Quote Originally Posted by Ran Kizama
    Actually, there's plenty of proof that Jesus, son of David actually existed. Now, whether or not you believe in his miracles or the point that he was the son of God is completely up to you.

The same could be said for religious beliefs.
    you have a very good point..... but..... what kind of evidence? Storys that were passed on threw the generations? that doesn't proof anything
    Miracles.... any proof of them... no we haven't found any hard evidence that all the stuff that is said in the bible happened. NOW im not saying that somethings didn't happen but the ones that have to do with GOD didn't

He didn't create the Earth and he didn't create the Human race.

you have a very good point..... but..... what kind of evidence? Storys that were passed on threw the generations? that doesn't proof anything
    Miracles.... any proof of them... no we haven't found any hard evidence that all the stuff that is said in the bible happened. NOW im not saying that somethings didn't happen but the ones that have to do with GOD didn't

He didn't create the Earth and he didn't create the Human race.
    They have some physcial evidence and documentation but its very sketchy. I have no doubt that Jesus was a real guy, I just think that there is a lot of incorrect things written about him.

Certified Gearhead

I dont belive in god.. its just a book for morals.. and there is too many religions in the world for only 1 to be right... its all wack..

banned from heaven..

http://www.doesgodexist.org/

Questions if yall are interested.... im not gonna waste my time

So what do you mean by conscience? What that we judge from right and wrong? Then tell me this: where did we learn this from and where did we inherit the ability to learn that?

True and also where the dinosaur fits is before the flooding of the earth. Duh...the ice age. Kind of similar. Though that's a really hard topic to discuss since the bibles was mainly made by the 12 disciples....and god told them the important stuff not how dinosaur was born and when.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast