Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starions/ Conquests suck balls

they are a PITA, even when meticulously taken care of... the only good starion is one with a 2jz or ls1 in it... dont bother with the g54b, its a crap motor, shittily flowing head, crappily engineered... just a POS

you make our life harder when it comes to owning these, you know that?

̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿

Senior Member | IA Veteran  OneSlow5pt0's Avatar

love starions and conquests.......hell i even love their werid cousin offsprng thing,the dodge daytona

i almost bought a i believe it was a starion(i guess a ESI) cause it was turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhammer
    but the longer they sit, the harder they are to fix.
    Amen to that!
    Formerly Daily Interlude

TOYOTA1515

Well the only thing i have to say is they are one of the best 4 cylinders engines of all times but you need to do your job those engines are not for the do it yourselfers or wannabes out there they need to be understand and you need to know what you are doing and you need to know how to do it!

i see the picture of the broken piston and the only thing i have to say about it is that the engine in question there was a half ass build, first that piston failure was caused by a used of a stock polished unbalanced rod that may be was modified to be used as a full floating in a race piston (FAIL) you need to use a bushed good connecting rod like pauter, if you dont you are going to have those problems, second oil is the life of those engines if the oiling system is not upgraded you will FAIL again, remember the g54b was the first 4 cylinder engine in the 7's on the 1/4 mile, i have built them to go well over 650 WHP and no problems at all,

hey Hassan it is me Juan, how you doing? you say you spend a lot of $$$ on your starion? i really want to know how much LoL, $500?
    JK men, hope you doing good!
    Last edited by dragoncelica; 11-10-2008 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragoncelica
    Well the only thing i have to say is they are one of the best 4 cylinders engines of all times but you need to do your job those engines are not for the do it yourselfers or wannabes out there they need to be understand and you need to know what you are doing and you need to know how to do it!
    Funny - EP3sAreFun built an engine in his garage, put out pretty decent power. He now owns a car that has over 300whp, and oh look. That engine and car was also built in a garage. They're not for the wannabe's, thats for sure, but these are the ultimate DIY engine. Why? Because race shops won't even know where the "fuel rail" is ( lol ask EP3sAreFun about that one )

TOYOTA1515

Funny - EP3sAreFun built an engine in his garage, put out pretty decent power. He now owns a car that has over 300whp, and oh look. That engine and car was also built in a garage. They're not for the wannabe's, thats for sure, but these are the ultimate DIY engine. Why? Because race shops won't even know where the "fuel rail" is ( lol ask EP3sAreFun about that one )
    yeap you are very wright i should wouldnt said it that way you can build em and this work perfect but 300 hp is nothing for what i mean i am talking more than 600+ whp here my friend and those are real numbers we are talking about power to get you in the low 8 second in the 1/4 mile i bet you your friend with the right parts can build something like that too!

yeap you are very wright i should wouldnt said it that way you can build em and this work perfect but 300 hp is nothing for what i mean i am talking more than 600+ whp here my friend and those are real numbers we are talking about power to get you in the low 8 second in the 1/4 mile i bet you your friend with the right parts can build something like that too!
    The trend for that has been the cheap ass way and dropping in a 4G63/4G64 hybrid

I want to get a flatty and do that with it.

TOYOTA1515

The trend for that has been the cheap ass way and dropping in a 4G63/4G64 hybrid

I want to get a flatty and do that with it.
    ohhh yea definetlly thats the way to go those 4g63 are the shit right now the fastest import 4 bangger in the planet!

Super Ghetto Rally Team EP3sAreFun's Avatar

300 is nothing? and come on... why take a car made for cornering and only allow it to go straight?

The 4WD Rally car only made 350 hp and 253 tqe. I make around 350hp/430tqe. I think i'm doing fairly well for myself, especially since all the work was done by the owner of the vehicle and not me dropping it off at a shop and giving them a check.

i see the picture of the broken piston and the only thing i have to say about it is that the engine in question there was a half ass build, first that piston failure was caused by a used of a stock polished unbalanced rod that may be was modified to be used as a full floating in a race piston (FAIL) you need to use a bushed good connecting rod like pauter, if you dont you are going to have those problems, second oil is the life of those engines if the oiling system is not upgraded you will FAIL again, remember the g54b was the first 4 cylinder engine in the 7's on the 1/4 mile, i have built them to go well over 650 WHP and no problems at all,

hey Hassan it is me Juan, how you doing? you say you spend a lot of $$$ on your starion? i really want to know how much LoL, $500?
    JK men, hope you doing good!
    OH SHIT JUAN

HOW THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN

oh yeah by alot i mean too many times the value of the car LOL

a lot has changed since you saw it last(when it was motor less)

fully built block, headwork,cam, MPI, big turbo, etc random stuff

I just gave up on it bro what have you been up to? Did you ever open up that shop in conyers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONuXWYsKrtM

juan, have you ever been to my site www.g54b.com ? lol ironic isn't it LOL

this car has made me the most ANTI G54B person alive

http://www.g54b.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...num=1205351816

TOYOTA1515

Quote Originally Posted by EP3sAreFun
    300 is nothing? and come on... why take a car made for cornering and only allow it to go straight?

The 4WD Rally car only made 350 hp and 253 tqe. I make around 350hp/430tqe. I think i'm doing fairly well for myself, especially since all the work was done by the owner of the vehicle and not me dropping it off at a shop and giving them a check.
    yea men i know what you mean and trust me there is no pawning here my frien there is nothing wrong with 300 hp but why stay there if you can have more!!!!

Also you r wright when you say that cuz i always forgot that people have other likennes other than go straight

TOYOTA1515

Quote Originally Posted by RandomGuy
    OH SHIT JUAN

HOW THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN

oh yeah by alot i mean too many times the value of the car LOL

a lot has changed since you saw it last(when it was motor less)

fully built block, headwork,cam, MPI, big turbo, etc random stuff

I just gave up on it bro what have you been up to? Did you ever open up that shop in conyers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONuXWYsKrtM
    i feel your pain bro hahahaha well here is what i have been doing 1979 celica dragster project

and no i didnt open that shop the guy i was teaming up wasnt in the same page as me plus i got to baby sitting my litlle girl that is more important than that shop at the moment but i am working from my house! if anithing i can help you with!

TOYOTA1515

Quote Originally Posted by RandomGuy
    juan, have you ever been to my site www.g54b.com ? lol ironic isn't it LOL

this car has made me the most ANTI G54B person alive

http://www.g54b.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...num=1205351816
    i know what you mean bro i hate em too but you got to be realistic on what they are no matter what. but today we got a lot of better choices and thats the other reality good luck with it bro!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12