Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 121 to 160 of 194

Thread: new clubs/teams

  1. #121
    Gods Chariot Vteckidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Atlanta Centennial Park
    Age
    45
    Posts
    33,102
    Rep Power
    72

    Default

    car clubs are gay.

    I am SICK AN TIRED of this being called "THE SCENE". You know what it all boils down to, THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS. when that movie came out it made import sport compacts POPULAR. it made it commercial, it made it cool for the 15-17 year old kids to have something to relate to. the fact that some of us "OG"s had been doing it for years all got swept under the rug when it went commercial and you could start buying shift knobs, intakes, and mufflers at autozone.

    I had been street racing for 3 years before that movie came out, with some very fast cars in arizona(where i lived at the time). We went an saw that movie, and were like "thats not us". What we were doing before that movie was what we called a "HOBBY", not a "scene", not a fucking "culture", not some "way of life". this is no great civilization, we arent promoting world peace, its a HOBBY, which i love very much, and i make a living at it.

    When the fast an furious came out, it gave birth to the "i need Naws, SR20s,etcetc" in my "put name of car here". After that movie, if you all remember correctly, Magazines like Super street , SCC, import tuner, etc all blew up, there was a HUGE advertising and merchandising rush to capitalize on the "SCENE" that corporate america created with that movie. and unfortunetly, it burned alot of good things out.

    Most of the car clubs i have seen aroud lately, are DEFINETLY not like the ones from 5 years ago. Now its more "we are a bunch of lonely bitches that need other lonely bitches with $2 modded cars join my club so we can all be lonely bitches together". No longer is about having FUN and HANGING out, which is waht i remembered car clubs being back in the day, now its about , DUES, Tshirts, RULES, etc. somewhere along the line they lost the "its all about having fun and hanging out enjoying something we both love" part of the industry. I mean i get asked ALL THE TIME to join car clubs, i dont need it, i have my own friends, we hang out, go to the track, go out drinking, etc and i dont have to pay $50 amonth, or "go to 3 meets a week" , or "show in 4 shows a year" etc

    Now we live in an age where the "true import enthusiast" is a minority. We are out numbered by Sanchez and his stock 240 DORIFFTO machine. we are outnumbered by Jake and his 17 second Civic LX 4 door. We are outnumbered by Harvey and his "can i get a turbo kit for my Geo Prizm". Which is fine with me, cause i still am friends with all my old "crew" , we all still have fun, and i dont let sanchez, jake, and harvey bother me through communities like IL,IA,HT etc you meet other people that share the same passion for their hobby, and friendships grow. The "scene" kids have two options IMO anyway:
    1) Die out , get bored
    2) Learn more an become and OG

    my .02
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

  2. #122
    ***POKE*** Scrappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,721
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    damn mike! tell them how you really feel! AWESOME points though


  3. #123
    Cobra KAI AznTraitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Afghanistan
    Posts
    3,964
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vteckidd


    Now its more "we are a bunch of lonely bitches that need other lonely bitches with $2 modded cars join my club so we can all be lonely bitches together".

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    I can think of a few on here....that would fit that description perfectly.

  4. #124
    Cobra KAI AznTraitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Afghanistan
    Posts
    3,964
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1SiCKTuNeR
    The point i made with the strobes, no1 has seen the strobes on my car.... knows where they are even located, or even seen a pict, which isnt possible.... and right off the bat thats considered rice.... it wouldnt be rice if i had a Murcialago w/ underbody neon and strobes lol

    yeah it would, it'd be italian rice, and I'd be the first guy to come up to you and smack you on the head.

  5. #125
    Rutspeed/b00b CreW BTLFED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Belview Insane Asylum
    Age
    49
    Posts
    30,776
    Rep Power
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vteckidd
    a "HOBBY", not a "scene", not a fucking "culture", not some "way of life". this is no great civilization, we arent promoting world peace
    Quote Originally Posted by vteckidd
    Now its more "we are a bunch of lonely bitches that need other lonely bitches with $2 modded cars join my club so we can all be lonely bitches together".
    The two best quotes, EVAR! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    --RIP Leisa. Forever In Our Hearts--

    --Val for President 1979-2007--
    --RIP Val, You will be missed--

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfBaked
    Anytime I'm driving south of I-20 in the perimeter, I play spot the white driver.

    Generally I don't count past 10.

  6. #126
    Rutspeed/b00b CreW BTLFED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Belview Insane Asylum
    Age
    49
    Posts
    30,776
    Rep Power
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AznTraitor
    yeah it would, it'd be italian rice, and I'd be the first guy to come up to you and smack you on the head.
    I'd be next in that long line.
    --RIP Leisa. Forever In Our Hearts--

    --Val for President 1979-2007--
    --RIP Val, You will be missed--

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfBaked
    Anytime I'm driving south of I-20 in the perimeter, I play spot the white driver.

    Generally I don't count past 10.

  7. #127
    Gods Chariot Vteckidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Atlanta Centennial Park
    Age
    45
    Posts
    33,102
    Rep Power
    72

    Default

    Oh and every car club i see or hear the words "we are sponsored by.......". i mean, 99% of the time they opened a WHOLESALE ACCOUNT with some copany an they call it "sponsorship". Fuck, do you know HOW EASY IT IS TO OPEN A WHOLESALE ACCOUNT? you dont even need a tax ID anymore. Just cause you get Greddy for %20 off like every other company in the world doesnt mean you are SPONSORED. sponsored to me is "hey, we like your car, heres a free body kit if you put our name on your car" or "can you be in our booth for this show" etc. I mean if getting % off means your sposnored, then i guess im sponsored by Greddy, HKS, Turbonetics , not bad for a NA car LOL
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

  8. #128
    Rutspeed/b00b CreW BTLFED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Belview Insane Asylum
    Age
    49
    Posts
    30,776
    Rep Power
    62

    Default

    HAHAHA! I'm sponsored by every dealership around here!
    --RIP Leisa. Forever In Our Hearts--

    --Val for President 1979-2007--
    --RIP Val, You will be missed--

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfBaked
    Anytime I'm driving south of I-20 in the perimeter, I play spot the white driver.

    Generally I don't count past 10.

  9. #129
    Drifter/Kneedragger
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Buford, GA, USA
    Posts
    6,528
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vteckidd
    What we were doing before that movie was what we called a "HOBBY", not a "scene"

    way to copy me! glad to see there are plenty of us on the same page. hobby=fun, scene=gayness to the highest level

  10. #130
    Rutspeed/b00b CreW BTLFED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Belview Insane Asylum
    Age
    49
    Posts
    30,776
    Rep Power
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HiPSI
    way to copy me! glad to see there are plenty of us on the same page. hobby=fun, scene=gayness to the highest level
    Yeah, he did, but unknowingly because he didn't read that far. ADD ownz him! HAAHHA!!
    --RIP Leisa. Forever In Our Hearts--

    --Val for President 1979-2007--
    --RIP Val, You will be missed--

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfBaked
    Anytime I'm driving south of I-20 in the perimeter, I play spot the white driver.

    Generally I don't count past 10.

  11. #131
    Gods Chariot Vteckidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Atlanta Centennial Park
    Age
    45
    Posts
    33,102
    Rep Power
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BTLFED
    Yeah, he did, but unknowingly because he didn't read that far. ADD ownz him! HAAHHA!!
    I didnt read the whole 8 page thread
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

  12. #132
    been so long
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Alpharetta
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,467
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Damn I miss the days when blake would pimp his avenger, Jimmy with his dildo emergency brake in the accord, Pat's Legend , Rasean's old school prelude, hahaha and Whitney, and Morgan who was my role model for the longest time..lol, ohh man I could go on and on....but it seems everyone has better investments so I know what u mean Jimmy, I do the maintenance on the GST thats it oh and a new top, but I don't ever think the scene will be the same as before bc of those two damn movies. I loved going to the shows with X-Rated and hanging with ECI...damn I feel a tear coming on. I miss you guys....but now I have everything and much more. (Hint hint)

  13. #133
    I <3 Chickens Dragonfly5338's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    4,351
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    I'd rather have a car that looks nice and goes fast rather than one that's a trailer queen. But that's just me. Everyone is entitled to an opinion on what you think dictates contributing to the "scene".

    I like being able to drive my car in the rain, over potholes, into parking lots, etc without screaming like a little girl. :p

    Val for President.

  14. #134
    IA's deaf kid Deaf Pimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In my bed...
    Age
    43
    Posts
    2,637
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    I said it once, I'll say it again. It'll never be like it was back in the day. True, I was not around as far back as NP... but when NP split and X-rated was formed... it was all good memories. Thats all it will be, memories. "The scene" will never be like it once was.

    I miss all my home boys!
    2005.5 Audi A4 2.0t Quattro
    APR 93/100 Chip

  15. #135
    been so long
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Alpharetta
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,467
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    HEy fucker.....you have time to post on IA, but not to text me....I see now thanks. lol

  16. #136
    IA.COM Founder.
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    14,251
    Rep Power
    90

    Default

    I have said this before and I will saying again... The only changes that really happens is the people who have been in this game longer.

    I mean, How many of us were ricers back in .. lets say 95-96, I had my 91 accord w/ tri stars and cut springs, actually my civic had is prime riced out years in 98-99, if you think about it that was 7 to 10 years ago, I was 16 through 19... Since then most of us have learn how to properly modified a car.

    Cars were big wayyyyyyyyy before any movies came out and there was the same kind of rice yearssssssssssssssss ago.
    If you look at the ricers now a days, look at there age and then take yourself back to those years and you will see, same results or damn near close to the same results.

    Is us peeps who change, get smarter, older & wiser! In a way, we should thanks outlet media such as magazine,movies, internet, etc we all learn either good or bad things don't matter how you look at.
    I remember back then when I had my accord, the only magazine I saw/read were Turbo/ SCC/Hondatunning really didnt like it back then because they were all into performance I didnt care for that at the time (95-97) and knew nothing about, I didnt even know wtf an intake was or did Until I meet brian from PI in 98.

    So I think is US who really change.
    Last edited by Julio; 03-10-2005 at 11:44 AM.

  17. #137
    a tru OG,.. ask somebody
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    lake lanier/cumming
    Age
    46
    Posts
    5,960
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    i never let me, or any of my close friends create rice.. when i had my truck, it was slammed on 15's... but, it looked liek a sport truck.. my accord,.. it was clean when it was black.. there was some kids back in the day that had mommas and daddys's money.. but even then.. alot of them attemped to do stuff themselves.. how many people today can lower there car, BY THMESELVES, and no spring compressor??

    now kids are like.. oh here ya go shop.. hers a credit card.. you can do it..

    who can do an interior? or even install headers by themselves???? on an INTAKE!!!!!

    back then.. 98-01 are the best years.. friends chillin.. the PI, vs XRATED wars.. (btw, pi still sux lol) getting to shows at 8am to have good parking.. it was classic back then..

    i was "sponsered" by at least 200 company's by todays standerds.. did i say i was? NO.. ONLY when i got something freee!

    i guess this thread is good though.. its brought alot of memories, and good times back! and shown that kids,.. work for your cars.. and the clubs on here.. only like 3 of them are still elite.. all others are blah
    Jimmy Blair II
    www.Pinnacleracing.com
    01 Tahoe w/ 'sclade stuff
    99 Grand Cherokee

  18. #138
    RIP John + Leisa :( civic95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    a track near you..
    Age
    47
    Posts
    3,582
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Body Accord
    anyone remember when NP racing met up at pizza hut? at media play? subway/bargin store? even AMC theaters... man.. that was it...
    you built your car so you could have a banner, so you would be accepted in the/a club.. no stock cars, not even close.. you could chill with a stock car, but be IN the club? are you kidding?? thats when only 6-8 peopel would make up a club.. tehn you had all the other people that hung with that club.. no banners, not in the club.. there cars werent good enough.. 97% of the peopel on here, that ARE in culubs.. have less than a grand put in there cars.. they are still basicaly stock!!! and they are in a club!!!! AHAHAHAHA.... i guess i was always more elite than that.. if my car at the time wasnt, then i built it so it would be!

    I'll say this, the show scene is not what it was because the whole import scene has moved away from extensive bodywork, flashy, useless mods. Being in a club is not about having a $50K car worth $6K. It's about meeting hanging out with friends that share the love of cars.

    In my opinion this car looks better than a lot that I see with $20K+ in mods:




    Creating a nice car is not about how much you put into it, it's about having taste. If 1sicktuner threw some body kit on there, and converted his headlights to bmw headlights I wouldn't like it anymore.
    Last edited by civic95; 03-10-2005 at 12:10 PM.

  19. #139
    IA LEGEND #truth Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    54
    Posts
    67,792
    Rep Power
    122

    Default

    ^^ Lamar, Im with you on the clean car part, I will always have more love for the clean car then the fully done trailer queen car, But those who know me, that sjust my taste anyways
    Brett (One of the true OG's, No really... ask anyone)
    '15 Chevy SS
    '16 K7 SXL SWP

    www.facebook.com/brett.lowenthal1

    R.I.P Leisa, You are never forgotten - 10/7/08

  20. #140
    WTF? Leisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Up here in Cumming, Georgia
    Age
    59
    Posts
    29,253
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    I agree Lamar... I love Chris's car.. very clean indeed!

  21. #141
    IA LEGEND #truth Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    54
    Posts
    67,792
    Rep Power
    122

    Default

    His car is nice, I just hear the owner sucks a mean cock!!
    Brett (One of the true OG's, No really... ask anyone)
    '15 Chevy SS
    '16 K7 SXL SWP

    www.facebook.com/brett.lowenthal1

    R.I.P Leisa, You are never forgotten - 10/7/08

  22. #142
    The People's LLLLLLLLL B16a2 Civic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Columbus, Ga
    Age
    42
    Posts
    31,513
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    do any of ya'll remember drastik racing or Team Shadow?

    i know you love my swagger
    OG Black Delegation member
    RIP My Homie Elliot Sloan

  23. #143
    Rutspeed/b00b CreW BTLFED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Belview Insane Asylum
    Age
    49
    Posts
    30,776
    Rep Power
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Body Accord
    who can do an interior? or even install headers by themselves???? on an INTAKE!!!!!
    How do you install headers ON an intake? lol
    --RIP Leisa. Forever In Our Hearts--

    --Val for President 1979-2007--
    --RIP Val, You will be missed--

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfBaked
    Anytime I'm driving south of I-20 in the perimeter, I play spot the white driver.

    Generally I don't count past 10.

  24. #144
    old school fool Allstar3.8T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Loganville Ga
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,625
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    How did I miss this until page 10?
    Please bear w/ me and rid ethis thru, I have a point or two worth making.....
    Heres another old school opinion;
    The internet killed the car show population. Not IA, but the people who talk crap before and after EVERY show, NEVER at the show. Its the typical over analized idealogy that can ruin a bowl of gold if you try long enough. When we were showin EVERY week in the early 90s, we were fired up when we left one show for another next week, now we have to read about how "unfair" it was that this or that won....Ruining the feelin of a win, or getting disrespected for a nice car getting second to a nicer car.... like a second place is bad.

    We are killing our own sport by not sticking to its core value....FUN.

    READ THAT AGAIN PLEASE

    Why was it UAB vs YRC a few years ago? Why is it club vs club, team vs team? To help rival better cars thru competition, but in the end did that hurt more than help? In the end we all want to win, but at what cost? Are we willing to sell our perverbial soul for a trophy?
    One of my greatest car days ever was pullin into ToysR-Us one GTG years ago when I had just wide-bodied and filled my car w/ the big stereo. That was one of the greatest feelings I ever had......Everyone was united and EXCITED!!
    Think about this.... I really believe we are at a MAJOR crossroad in our community. Either we broaden our minds, and accept ALOT more, work real hard at promoting ourselves as a whole.....or we will certainly all miss our sport once we have beaten it to its literal death.
    Finally....
    I wish internet post counts were dropped, its a shame when a man work for a living, w/o a computer at hgis side, and is not taken seriousally because some idiot w/ ZERO knowledge and a high post count chimed in differently than he does when he gets a rare chance to. I have been disrespected by more ignorant internet idiots that know 1/2 as much as I have forgotten this week, that it makes me and everyone like me not log-in as much. Ever noticed how much activity is on the IA club forums of the prior stated "club heavy weights"..... theres a reason. Posers w/ high post counts.
    Greg
    86 Buick GN
    07 Passat Wagon
    01 Frontier

  25. #145
    Cobra KAI AznTraitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Afghanistan
    Posts
    3,964
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BTLFED
    How do you install headers ON an intake? lol

    just like the way you refill blinker fluid......

  26. #146
    a tru OG,.. ask somebody
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    lake lanier/cumming
    Age
    46
    Posts
    5,960
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AznTraitor
    just like the way you refill blinker fluid......

    I have a bottle of that if ya need it.. i unhooked my blinkers and put strobes in them...

    """How do you install headers ON an intake? lol """


    oops.. my bad.. lol
    Jimmy Blair II
    www.Pinnacleracing.com
    01 Tahoe w/ 'sclade stuff
    99 Grand Cherokee

  27. #147
    Cobra KAI AznTraitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Afghanistan
    Posts
    3,964
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    nah, thanks though jimmy.....I have a lifetime supply thru my "sponsership" haha

  28. #148
    Gods Chariot Vteckidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Atlanta Centennial Park
    Age
    45
    Posts
    33,102
    Rep Power
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AznTraitor
    just like the way you refill blinker fluid......
    nice sig LOL, im RICH BITCH!!!! im famous if anyone needs a firewall gasket, a radiator for a 68VW bug, or a camshaft seal for a 95 RX-7, i get Mad hooks up through Greddy y0!
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

  29. #149
    Elite-Founder simplyblurredmrT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Tha' sticks BEYOCH
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,554
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    wOw! There is a lot to take in on this thread. We (Elite) are a new club, but we came from a club that had been around for a few years Blur2ed Images. And we are always changing, always working, my car has been down for over a year nad my body work, and paint will just be getting done next Friday. Money was a big issue and Brett an back me up on this because I have a new Child and nothing is cheap when kids are invovled. And I worked my ass off to get everything I have and maintain my family. As far as Elite goes all are cars are works in progress, always striving to be different, 2 of our cars are 1 off's, 1 you never see because it's custom. Hell Kapil's Work Equips were the first set of that model in North America (at the time, could be diffrent now). There has been numerous times we have been up all night trying to get just one persons car right for a show or whatever. LOL! We even debated calling ourselves " In Debt" beacuse it's true because of the amount of money we put into our cars!!!

    All I'm saying is that there are new clubs out there with the same "old school" dedication and originallity that was above stated.....but there are pionts I agree with by both parties.
    Adam Elite-founder www.eliteofatlanta.com

    A.C.E. GA Rep. [email protected]

    1994 JDM converted GSR


  30. #150
    Gods Chariot Vteckidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Atlanta Centennial Park
    Age
    45
    Posts
    33,102
    Rep Power
    72

    Default

    I kinda disagree with the inernet commendt. I have been HUMBLED, made GREAT friends, and learned ALOT from local forums, and national forums. I mean its hard to belive 2 years ago, i HATED btlfed, couldnt stand B@D @@PLE (we almost fought), thought Windsor was an asshole, told julio to fuck off, told casey to fuck off, and i was supposed to race some guy with a mustang with my B16 crx

    Now, I consider BTLFED one of my best friends, i talk to justin quite frequently and consider him one of the coolest people i have met out here, windsor has been nothing but nice to me, Julio and i have zero problems with each other, casey and i get along great, and i hope i never run into that dude with the mustang

    We all have things in common, we all have FUN together at meets, and track events etc. That is the "real scene" imo. we have fun together and get along, cars is just another thing we enjoy together also. We dont need to ENJOY carss to be friends so to speak. My .02, well actually my .04 now since i gave my .02 several pages ago.

    Group hug
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

  31. #151
    IA's Custom PC Junky eViLMunkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Acworth, Georgia, United States
    Age
    44
    Posts
    9,578
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    it's kinda hard to not have similar parts on similar cars...



  32. #152
    old school fool Allstar3.8T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Loganville Ga
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,625
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    I agree with what you are sayin vteckidd, but you may have misunderstood where I was comin from. The original topic was about the import car scene and its demise, not the otherside of the scene aka parties, online and other car-less events.

    That being stated, The real scene for some is online, thats a shame. They are missing the "real scene"...its being in and around the cars. If you learned to swap B series into an EG online, you DONT know what it REALLY takes. I am a believer in living it, not talkin it. Show me what you have, dont tell me what you want. Too many people are in the scene only faceless here, or gettin plowed at parties....rarely in a true car setting.
    Talkin to people online is great and very beneficial, and I agree its a tool that can be very good to make friends. I think forums are great, but some online "car talk only" forums are judged solely by post count, this was the case here for a while too.
    I too agree there are events w/o cars that are fun, but I was only speakin about the posers that " rock the online yo"
    Last edited by Allstar1.8T; 03-10-2005 at 12:54 PM.
    Greg
    86 Buick GN
    07 Passat Wagon
    01 Frontier

  33. #153
    Gods Chariot Vteckidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Atlanta Centennial Park
    Age
    45
    Posts
    33,102
    Rep Power
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allstar1.8T

    That being stated, The real scene for some is online, thats a shame. They are missing the "real scene"...its being in and around the cars. If you learned to swap B series into an EG online, you DONT know what it REALLY takes. I am a believer in living it, not talkin it. Show me what you have, dont tell me what you want. Too many people are in the scene only faceless here, or gettin plowed at parties....rarely in a true car setting.
    100% agree. if you learn online an do it yourself, thats ok in my book, but yeah the "i read you can do this blahblahblah" online is BS. i can attest to real life expierience is much better
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

  34. #154
    RIP John + Leisa :( civic95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    a track near you..
    Age
    47
    Posts
    3,582
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allstar1.8T
    That being stated, The real scene for some is online, thats a shame. They are missing the "real scene"...its being in and around the cars. If you learned to swap B series into an EG online, you DONT know what it REALLY takes. I am a believer in living it, not talkin it.
    I've done everything on my car myself except paint. 99% of I did from reading other peoples experiences online. Granted none of it was from this site, but the internet is a tool in todays world. If you need to know who won a battle in a war 200 yrs ago, why drive to the library search thru the card catalog, search for the book, and scan thru the book to find the info when it's accessible online thru a 30 second google search? Nothing wrong with being resourceful. And to those that don't work on their cars does it really matter? Shops depend on people to bring cars in to stay open. Some people don't have a garage, or tools. Try working on your car at an apartment complex, and see how long it takes for management to stop by.

  35. #155
    Rutspeed/b00b CreW BTLFED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Belview Insane Asylum
    Age
    49
    Posts
    30,776
    Rep Power
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vteckidd
    I kinda disagree with the inernet commendt. I have been HUMBLED, made GREAT friends, and learned ALOT from local forums, and national forums. I mean its hard to belive 2 years ago, i HATED btlfed, couldnt stand B@D @@PLE (we almost fought), thought Windsor was an asshole, told julio to fuck off, told casey to fuck off, and i was supposed to race some guy with a mustang with my B16 crx

    Now, I consider BTLFED one of my best friends, i talk to justin quite frequently and consider him one of the coolest people i have met out here, windsor has been nothing but nice to me, Julio and i have zero problems with each other, casey and i get along great, and i hope i never run into that dude with the mustang

    We all have things in common, we all have FUN together at meets, and track events etc. That is the "real scene" imo. we have fun together and get along, cars is just another thing we enjoy together also. We dont need to ENJOY carss to be friends so to speak. My .02, well actually my .04 now since i gave my .02 several pages ago.

    Group hug
    Don't let him lie to you! I still can't stand this poser! **smack from VtecKidd** Ouch! Nevermind! lol

    This above is totally true, and Greg hit the nail on the head, too. I will never forget my roots and where this "scene" came from, but I can't stand where it's going. I still have my East Coast Honda name tag.
    --RIP Leisa. Forever In Our Hearts--

    --Val for President 1979-2007--
    --RIP Val, You will be missed--

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfBaked
    Anytime I'm driving south of I-20 in the perimeter, I play spot the white driver.

    Generally I don't count past 10.

  36. #156
    been so long
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Alpharetta
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,467
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    I miss my homies.....Jimmy when will we see your busy ass again booger??

  37. #157
    IA LEGEND #truth Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    54
    Posts
    67,792
    Rep Power
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by civic95
    I've done everything on my car myself except paint. 99% of I did from reading other peoples experiences online. Granted none of it was from this site, but the internet is a tool in todays world. If you need to know who won a battle in a war 200 yrs ago, why drive to the library search thru the card catalog, search for the book, and scan thru the book to find the info when it's accessible online thru a 30 second google search? Nothing wrong with being resourceful. And to those that don't work on their cars does it really matter? Shops depend on people to bring cars in to stay open. Some people don't have a garage, or tools. Try working on your car at an apartment complex, and see how long it takes for management to stop by.
    WILSON MOTORSPORTS FOR LIFE SUCKA!!!
    Brett (One of the true OG's, No really... ask anyone)
    '15 Chevy SS
    '16 K7 SXL SWP

    www.facebook.com/brett.lowenthal1

    R.I.P Leisa, You are never forgotten - 10/7/08

  38. #158
    Gods Chariot Vteckidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Atlanta Centennial Park
    Age
    45
    Posts
    33,102
    Rep Power
    72

    Default

    my penis is crooked, oh whoops, wrong thread
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

  39. #159
    Senior Member 99SI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jackson
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,677
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    I like to do some work myself. However, the mods I planned out for my car I didn't want to risk fucking up everything. SRZ racing is doing my shit and I for one am glad I don't have to worry about trial and error. Hell I've spent about 3k in parts and I got very very good deals on everything. Thank you vteckidd for helping me decide on the way to go and not bullshitting me about things. Point being, There are still plenty of people that are willing to help someone out who genuinely has an interest in learning about cars. I didn't come on pretending I knew everything about cars, I knew a little but in the last six months I've been working with Mike organizing and accumulating parts for my build I have learned and enormous amount.

  40. #160
    IA LEGEND #truth Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    54
    Posts
    67,792
    Rep Power
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vteckidd
    my penis is crooked, oh whoops, wrong thread
    HA HA HA HA
    Brett (One of the true OG's, No really... ask anyone)
    '15 Chevy SS
    '16 K7 SXL SWP

    www.facebook.com/brett.lowenthal1

    R.I.P Leisa, You are never forgotten - 10/7/08

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
Announcement
Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!