Alrighty, looks like a couple of people got a little upset.
Pink Taco-I have never taken a ride around a track in a NASCAR, I hope you enjoyed yourself. I have however, taken hot laps around Road Atlanta in a Panoz and have driven myself on several tracks including, but not limited to, Road Atlanta, Atlanta Motor Speedway, Roebling Road, Little Talladega, and a few others. So I too, know how the stressors effect the body in similiar types of conditions.
Rut Roe-It was said by me, and more than once, that my complaint wasn't that NASCAR was on TV, my complaint is that when you turn on SPEED, NASCAR is all you see. NASCAR this, NASCAR that, NASCAR everything. And your comment about the SCCA guys not racing for a million dollars--you're right, the purse isn't that large. But, I think that's what makes them more impressive. The majority of people who race in the SCCA use their own money to buy, fund, fix, and run, and they do it without million dollar purses. And to reply about me supporting NASCAR-No. Many many years ago, the 2 letters that are in the exact middle of NASCAR, "SC" used to mean something. No longer to they have any relevance. If they do, someone please tell me what Ford dealership I can go to to get a RWD Taurus, much less one with a V8. Which brings me to you comments about Mechanical Engineers and their role in NASCAR. They are required, you'd have to be an engineer to work on something that you would never see otherwise! So, no, I'm not impressed and what does the level of education of the crew chiefs have to do with the sport anyway? Has SPEED done a show on that too?




Reply With Quote