Quote Originally Posted by {X}Echo419
now that sounds like a myth. I got pulled over 1 time and the cop said, "you're speeding." I said, "horse hockey! lets see the gun." he repyled, "I don't have you on radar. I was pacing you." then I had some scarcastic comment and he went back to his car. when he came back he said, "slow it down a little." and I said, "ok". good night.
if what you said is true then police depts. would save millions by not buying the radar/laser guns. they could just pull people over and say, "it Looked like you were doing 80mph here's your ticket."
I might be wrong but I doubt it. I'm gonna do some research.
Believe it or not, it CAN hold up in court that an officer "witnessed" you going over the speedlimit as many are trained to make a visual speed recognition. Is it an easy conviction? No. Can they pursue it if they want? You bet your ass.

Also, "pacing" WILL hold up in court as their speedometers are calibrated (I know, as I was a victim of this about 12 years ago).