Results 1 to 40 of 45

Thread: Is your life currently what you thought it would be?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member C230K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Idk you tell me
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I am no where near where I thought I would be, but I wouldn't go as far as saying its horrible. I'm 22 years old. At 18, I became a homeowner, I bought a foreclosed home at a very good price and I will be selling it hopefully next month I own a very small office cleaning business and volunteer a lot in my community and church. I am happy and proud of myself and being latino, not having kids or working a minimum wage job is a plus for me. A lot of latino friends of mine aren't doing a thing with their lives, except only buying and smoking weed, drinking, working for minimum pay, having kids or having one on the way, or buying snap backs, bragging about how much they have swag. So I thank God for blessing me, my family, and the road that is ahead of me


    AFA HOLLYWOOD PREMIER LEAGUE EST. 1998


  2. #2
    Senior Member | IA Veteran Catnip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,743
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C230K View Post
    I am no where near where I thought I would be, but I wouldn't go as far as saying its horrible. I'm 22 years old. At 18, I became a homeowner, I bought a foreclosed home at a very good price and I will be selling it hopefully next month I own a very small office cleaning business and volunteer a lot in my community and church. I am happy and proud of myself and being latino, not having kids or working a minimum wage job is a plus for me. A lot of latino friends of mine aren't doing a thing with their lives, except only buying and smoking weed, drinking, working for minimum pay, having kids or having one on the way, or buying snap backs, bragging about how much they have swag. So I thank God for blessing me, my family, and the road that is ahead of me
    You need better friends if you're doing that well...
    '92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel | '96 240sx

  3. #3
    Senior Member C230K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Idk you tell me
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catnip View Post
    You need better friends if you're doing that well...
    I will get new friends when I start back at GPC


    AFA HOLLYWOOD PREMIER LEAGUE EST. 1998


  4. #4
    Senior Member | IA Veteran Catnip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    19,743
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C230K View Post
    I will get new friends when I start back at GPC

    Not saying shitty friends will make you start fucking up, but I imagine you'd be a lot less likely to slip up with positive encouragement from others doing better than yourself.
    '92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel | '96 240sx

  5. #5
    Senior Member C230K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Idk you tell me
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catnip View Post
    Not saying shitty friends will make you start fucking up, but I imagine you'd be a lot less likely to slip up with positive encouragement from others doing better than yourself.
    I understand what you are saying, but sometimes with so much negative energy around you, you have to keep a positive outlook on life. I am just proud that I did go that negative route that many people around me took. Thank you for your advice


    AFA HOLLYWOOD PREMIER LEAGUE EST. 1998


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
Announcement
Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!