Quote Originally Posted by GA_Teg
And it is great that you are so caring. YOU are paying for them to stay at your hotel while they do nothing. SO everytime you see that money taken out of your check, you know where it is going. I have no problem with FEMA helping out NO residents but after two months and the water has receeded, it is time to head back and rebuild not stay in a nice hotel in another city while the gv'mt pays for it. Move on with your life. I know if Atlanta was wiped out, yeah we would accept the money but I am pretty sure that most of us would pick up the pieces and move on. Not lay up in a hotel doing nothing for more than three months.
Taxes are coming out of my check regardless if they stay there or not... Im not saying its right for someone to lay up in a hotel for 3 months and do nothing for themselves.. But those including you who are ranting DO NOT know for a fact what preparations they are taking... Or do you follow New Orleans victims back to their hotel rooms???

Being a front desk clerk, I am speaking from what I witness first hand.. We have had ALOT of guest check in through FEMA and I have spoken one on one with just about all of them... Most of them found jobs within weeks and were just waiting on an apartment or so... There was even a man who lost an arm due to the situation over there.. Now can you put a pricetag on that ??

I am not from New Orleans nor do I have family... Its just not accurate to say that they all are "looters" & "freeloaders".. Thats like me saying most white people I have met are addicted to meth.. That statement holds no weight..