Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Brett & Leisa Lowenthal... info/pix - help our friends!-***LATEST UPDATE on pg.10***

You can see her any time just not between 7am-9am and 7pm-9pm but any time before or after is fine. Tonight I will be there till 7pm so I can get some sleep and try and clear my head a bit but then will be back tomorrow at 9am till night time and the same for Sunday so just let me know if you want to come this weekend and I will get you in there to talk to her. She is still in a Coma but I think she hears us when we talk to her.
    Brett (One of the true OG's, No really... ask anyone)
    '15 Chevy SS
    '16 K7 SXL SWP

www.facebook.com/brett.lowenthal1

R.I.P Leisa, You are never forgotten - 10/7/08

U tell me when and im there I don't care what time it is you know how much she means to me

VAL FOR PRESIDENT

I know, she needs to hear your voice. Like I said just call my cell (new number, 678.749.1520) if you want to come tomorrow and just tell me what time and I will make sure you see her
    '15 Chevy SS
    '16 K7 SXL SWP

That's fine ill call you around 9am and head down there around then....if you or Brit need anything in the mean time call me 404 429 5031 im back in caanton so not that far....shell wake up hun bc I can't live without her damnit

VAL FOR PRESIDENT

Hey Brett, I posted up on Supraforums, as there is a member on there that regularly post that has his own medical practice and is extremely knowledgable in the medical field. He knows anything and everything medical related. He's a great guy and a wealth of knowledge. Here's some of the post from Supraforums.

I am sorry to hear this. How the hell did i miss this thread?

There is not much detail there but from the mention of the tube it is safe to say that she had an actual bleed/hemorrhage in the brain. The major problem with bleeds is that the swelling and bleeding causes pressure to the surrounding brain cells and that is where the damage comes.

It is still very early to tell. But if the swelling has gone down to normal she should start to come around. There are many many neurological tests that can be done to tell whether the movements are coming from here or if they are just pure reflexes.

Also MRI and PET scans can be done to look at the brain activity and without getting too nerdy to see if it is still viable. I will definitely keep my prayers with the family. If they have any specific questions, i would be more than glad to put my 2 cents in
    Different person
    sorry to hear about this. i dont want to give a false sense of hope as the pons is a bad place to infarct, but when i was doing neurosurgery, there was a pt who had a middle cerebral artery thrombosis. it was too late/risky to fibrinolyze or to perform an embolectomy. we gave her a poor prognosis and said that she probably wouldnt regain functionality. when i went in there the next morning, she was sitting up and bitching about her headache...needless to say, the brain can do some amazing things so there is hope... i will pray for her and hope she makes it out.
    Summit Shiloh Crew
    Allen C.
    [email protected]

S13's are the FUTURE.

I've brought you guys (brett & leisa) up during several prayer sessions at my church

- hang in there -

people do care and are praying for you both daily

-jonathan
    [/URL]
    Jesus Christ is my Savior

Quote Originally Posted by chnco
    Hey Brett, I posted up on Supraforums, as there is a member on there that regularly post that has his own medical practice and is extremely knowledgable in the medical field. He knows anything and everything medical related. He's a great guy and a wealth of knowledge. Here's some of the post from Supraforums.

Different person
    Nice.
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

I will say this I know someone that has had a stroke and she came out of and is almost back to normal now. She's going to be ok.

VAL FOR PRESIDENT

She will come back to you Brett. She is too fiesty not to. She is definitely still in my thoughts, and now I have your NEW number (no wonder I couldnt get a hold of you) I'll give you a holla to make sure you dont need anything this weekend. Stay Strong!
    --RIP Leisa. Forever In Our Hearts--

--Val for President 1979-2007--
    --RIP Val, You will be missed--

Quote Originally Posted by HalfBaked
    Anytime I'm driving south of I-20 in the perimeter, I play spot the white driver.

Generally I don't count past 10.

Thanks guys!!! I just hope she can/does wake up. The doctor wont say if he thinks she will or not, he just says he doesnt know. The bleed I do know in her pans when she had the stroke was a small bleed and was already stopped by the time she was at the hospital that night when they did the CT Scan. I was so glad this week her left side started reacting to pain (Since the first 6 days only her right side was) so I hope this means as her swelling goes down the rest will fall into place. The reperator is at 10 and her breathing is at 15 (meaning she breathes over what the machine breaths for her) and her pupils react to light in both eyes, Seems like all is getting better but she just doesnt show signs if waking up, Thats what hurts so bad.

PLEASE GUYS!! PRAY HARDER

If anyone who knows her (Only people I say who know her personally because they still dont want to many people stimulating her) can come this weekend, Just let me know. I will be there all weekend. They did finally alow the TV in her room to be turned on, they have it on a channel that just plays nature sounds and soothing music.
    '15 Chevy SS
    '16 K7 SXL SWP

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    Thanks guys!!! I just hope she can/does wake up. The doctor wont say if he thinks she will or not, he just says he doesnt know. The bleed I do know in her pans when she had the stroke was a small bleed and was already stopped by the time she was at the hospital that night when they did the CT Scan. I was so glad this week her left side started reacting to pain (Since the first 6 days only her right side was) so I hope this means as her swelling goes down the rest will fall into place. The reperator is at 10 and her breathing is at 15 (meaning she breathes over what the machine breaths for her) and her pupils react to light in both eyes, Seems like all is getting better but she just doesnt show signs if waking up, Thats what hurts so bad.

PLEASE GUYS!! PRAY HARDER

If anyone who knows her (Only people I say who know her personally because they still dont want to many people stimulating her) can come this weekend, Just let me know. I will be there all weekend. They did finally alow the TV in her room to be turned on, they have it on a channel that just plays nature sounds and soothing music.
    Do I "know her personally?"

Anytime I'm driving south of I-20 in the perimeter, I play spot the white driver.

Yeah and I am suprised you havent come to see her yet b*tch When I say personally I mean people she knows, Just till she wakes up. SHE KNOWS YOUR ASS

She can see people from 9am till 7pm daily
    '15 Chevy SS
    '16 K7 SXL SWP

Yeah and I am suprised you havent come to see her yet b*tch When I say personally I mean people she knows, Just till she wakes up. SHE KNOWS YOUR ASS

She can see people from 9am till 7pm daily
    I absolutely was going to last weekend but I wanted stuff to die down a bit because Paul said EVERYONE was there and me and Mr. Kidd should hold off. I will come this weekend f0 sh0. I get off tomorrow at 5pm. Northside right? Off 285 and Northside drive?

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BTLFED
    Northside drive?
    285 and Peachtree/Dunwoody. It's the exit, if you're coming from Pleasant Hill, RIGHT BEFORE 400. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodge®
    285 and Peachtree/Dunwoody. It's the exit, if you're coming from Pleasant Hill, RIGHT BEFORE 400. Later, QD.
    You know I live in Marietta homie LOL

What exit is it off of 285 if I'm coming from 75?

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

You get off at Johnson Ferry Rd. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodge®
    You get off at Johnson Ferry Rd. Later, QD.

Are you sure? I don't remember there being a Johnson Ferry Rd exit off 285.

Quote Originally Posted by BTLFED

Are you sure? I don't remember there being a Johnson Ferry Rd exit off 285.
    Yes, there is a Johnson Ferry Rd exit off 285. When you get off the exit, go to the right, then when you reach the first stoplight, go left and the hospital will be on your right. Hope that helps man.

Quote Originally Posted by dohc4.6sc
    Yes, there is a Johnson Ferry Rd exit off 285. When you get off the exit, go to the right, then when you reach the first stoplight, go left and the hospital will be on your right. Hope that helps man.
    Damn I am shot out. I guess it has been that long since I have been on 285. With gas the way it is I try not to stray away from the house too much LOL!

I'd love to stop by but I know there are many people who were close to her that wanna see her first..

Im still praying every day though
    Val For President
    R.I.P. Our Dear Leisa..

ASAP N.E. Chapter VP

No more supra
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

NIKON Squad member| NikonD40

Leisa looks great btw she's a fighter and you can tell lol

VAL FOR PRESIDENT

IA Member

my prayers are with ya'll brett, keep the faith man she will pull through.
    Proud president of Perfected Images!
    www.perfectedimages.com
    www.automod.net
    www.signguy.com
    www.uabcustomcars.com
    "FASTN" www.indigosports.com
    Kaisoku Motorsports

No updates today, only new thing I saw her do today was she yawned a few times and thats new, But still she has not tried to wake up. I am so scared guys.... I am so scared she will not wake up or she will not be able to.

Only other thing today was when they were doing the suction on her mouth again (Which you all know by my other updates she always fights them on that) she bit down on the tube and when the nurse tried to pull it from her mouth Leisa wouldnt let go of it, and she had to keep yanking on it hard to, and finally just had to take her hand off it for a second, so Leisa would relax and let go. Granted I know she doesnt do this consciously but is cute to see her do it.

Her left side seems a tad stronger to and she did do full body stretches today where both arms, both legs and her body was stretching real hard.
    '15 Chevy SS
    '16 K7 SXL SWP

she's gonna pull through man.. still praying for both of you....

i've never met either of you guys.. and i'm sure you've got all the help you need... but like i said before man.. i work like 10 min away from northside... if you need somethin.. hit me up.. i'll gladly help man!

Brett she's going to be fine....she's strong she's a fighter and she's not going down like this. I am so proud of you...you are handling this better than most. Those of us that know her and are close to her are fighting right along beside her. I will prolly be there around 10ish tomorrow so just let me know if u want me to brng you anything...remember I require 1 meal a day

VAL FOR PRESIDENT

No updates today, only new thing I saw her do today was she yawned a few times and thats new, But still she has not tried to wake up. I am so scared guys.... I am so scared she will not wake up or she will not be able to.
    Keep the faith brother. I may be off-base on this, but I thought yawning was an involuntary act designed to bring more oxygen to the brain?
    If I'm right (guess I'll go Google in a sec) I would take that as a tremendous step.

Take the small victories, for that is the only way you win a war.

Edit: Guess that hasn't been proven.
    Yawn

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A yawn (from the Middle English yanen, an alteration of yonen or yenen, which in turn comes from the Old English geonian[1]), is a reflex of simultaneous inhalation of air and stretching of the eardrums, followed by exhalation of breath. Pandiculation is the term for the act of stretching and yawning simultaneously.[2]
    Yawning is associated with tiredness, stress, overwork, lack of stimulation, or boredom. Yawning can also be a powerful non-verbal message with several possible meanings, depending on the circumstances. In humans, yawning has the infectious quality, i.e. seeing a person yawning, or just thinking of yawning, can trigger yawning which is a typical example of positive feedback.[3] The exact causes of yawning are still undetermined. The claim that yawning is caused by lack of oxygen has not been substantiated scientifically.[4] Some claim that yawning is not caused by lack of oxygen, for the reason that yawning allegedly reduces oxygen intake compared to normal respiration.[4] Another speculated reason for yawning is nervousness and is also claimed to help increase the state of alertness of a person - paratroopers have been noted to yawn in the moments before they exit the aircraft.[5]

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova
    Keep the faith brother. I may be off-base on this, but I thought yawning was an involuntary act designed to bring more oxygen to the brain?
    If I'm right (guess I'll go Google in a sec) I would take that as a tremendous step.

Take the small victories, for that is the only way you win a war.
    Damn I was hoping for a victory. KEEP THE FAITH BRETT! She is going to come back!!!!

The nurses today said that it wasn't a good or bad thing bc no one really knows what it means...imo im going to take it something she didn't do yesterday and that inprovment to me

VAL FOR PRESIDENT

more wood than noahs arc sirkus's Avatar

My prayers are with both of you...
    2014 | Hyundai Veloster | Turbo R-Spec

The People's LLLLLLLLL B16a2 Civic's Avatar

Brett, man I'm so sorry to hear about this, I know I haven't been on in a while and haven't talked to u in a few weeks, but I'm sorry to hear and feel even worse I'm this late to offer my prayers. Well I work at Aflac, and we have a policy that deals with comas, so I'm going to talk to my friend in claims to see if I can get you some helpful info or even refer you to someone in atl or in the area that can help. My prayers are with your family.

i know you love my swagger
    OG Black Delegation member
    RIP My Homie Elliot Sloan

Today the doctor said if she doesnt wake up within 3 months, That is usually the time there is little to no hope.
    '15 Chevy SS
    '16 K7 SXL SWP

Just keep praying and do not give up hope! I know you have heard that from everyone but I really have been praying every night for her.... I'm just ready to hear the good news Brett, just hang in there man.
    "Damn, Its Tyler"
    RaceReadyDevelopments

Well guys, yesterday was not a good day for her. She had a 102 Degree fever over night Friday night through most of yesterday, Then her breating started to become a tad eratic so they had to put her on the ventilator again and then her blood pressure bottomed out VERy low.

Leisa's mom had to chew this place out this morning due to have have not bathed her since she was moved Thursday, or done other things to take care of her so when I go down there today, I will see what is going on as well.

But In some ways it seems she made some steps backwards which is not good. Guys, PLEASE I BEG, Pray harder. She is all I have in this world, I can not have a life without her.
    '15 Chevy SS
    '16 K7 SXL SWP

w0w just read the news. might not know u personally. But a tragic situation, we will def have you and leisa in our prayers bro. She seems liek a strong woman and will pull thru keep teh faith homie.

Let's keep this going guys...we need the whole community behind Brett on this one. MARCH ON LEISA!!

I went to go see her today, gave her lots of kisses on her lips and hands, held her hand and talked for a bit, while her mom was yapping for ever on my cell phone I even put it up to Leisa's ear so she can have to listen to her for a bit...lol

Today she is stable. Blood pressure is fine and they say she has some sort of infection but they dont know from what yet, lab results should be back by tomorrow. Her kidney levels are elevated but they say it could be from her 102 fever yesterday so they are watching that as well.
    '15 Chevy SS
    '16 K7 SXL SWP

I went to go see her today, gave her lots of kisses on her lips and hands, held her hand and talked for a bit, while her mom was yapping for ever on my cell phone I even put it up to Leisa's ear so she can have to listen to her for a bit...lol

Today she is stable. Blood pressure is fine and they say she has some sort of infection but they dont know from what yet, lab results should be back by tomorrow. Her kidney levels are elevated but they say it could be from her 102 fever yesterday so they are watching that as well.
    tha last thing i remember her posting on myspace was bout listening to her mom yapping on the phone. lol!!!

Yeah she always gets aggrivated when her mom doesnt shut up, so thats why I put the phone to her ear so she can deal with what I am having to listen to also
    '15 Chevy SS
    '16 K7 SXL SWP

it wouldve been funny if she start swatting at the phone when u put it to her ear. lol!!!!

Brett, I dont know either of you, But i do know what you are going through. My uncle (hes also my best friend and mentor) Was in a coma for a month and a half 2 years ago. The Dr.s told us to unplug him because there was nothing they could do and that he would never be anything more than a vegitable IF he did wake up. Well we knew he was much more of a fighter than that and did not "pull the plug" he woke up and is the same now as he was before his accident. (it took a few months of therapy but hes back) You are both in my families prayers!

I read a few post back that they have not bathed her. PLEASE for her sake. even if you have to grab an orderly by the throat, Make sure they bath her, and change her sheets at least every 3 days! Because they are retarded and thought he would not make it they neglected to do this for my unlce and he STILL had an open bedsore the size of a softball on his lower back 6 months after being in the hospital. MAKE THEM DO IT. Again, you both are in our prayers and I hope evrything works out for the best!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast