Results 1 to 27 of 27

Thread: Good Monday Morning

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    The One and Only Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Buckhead
    Age
    43
    Posts
    25,171
    Rep Power
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WHAT_LAG
    that is the one thing that always pisses me off, when you get a ticket you have to wait months to go to court. I hope you get out of it g/l. If you would have gotten it in Dekalb, I could have gotten you out of it.

    Can you give me any insight on what to expect? I had my arraignment a month ago and my bench trial date is next Wednesday. I plead not guilty.

  2. #2
    sammich is my bitch 1000cckiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In sammich's house
    Age
    45
    Posts
    8,341
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis
    Can you give me any insight on what to expect? I had my arraignment a month ago and my bench trial date is next Wednesday. I plead not guilty.
    from what it looks like, you decided to go to trial right? If so and you have a lawyer he will probably get you off, or you will have to pay a fine. But it beats loosing your DL. Then also the jury could fine you not gulity, and you could just walk away. Just hope for the best, I havent been involved with anything in fulton county. But I have heard their cops dont show up a lot, because they are so short staffed.

  3. #3
    The One and Only Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Buckhead
    Age
    43
    Posts
    25,171
    Rep Power
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WHAT_LAG
    from what it looks like, you decided to go to trial right? If so and you have a lawyer he will probably get you off, or you will have to pay a fine. But it beats loosing your DL. Then also the jury could fine you not gulity, and you could just walk away. Just hope for the best, I havent been involved with anything in fulton county. But I have heard their cops dont show up a lot, because they are so short staffed.

    I pulled a DDS report for the past 7 years and I only have two points on my license. Worst comes to worst, and I get found guilty Im only found 7 points on my license. Still keeps my under my 15 point limit. I also havent plead no-lo contendre in 5 years.

    I dont have a lawyer, because even if Im found guilty nothing except losing some money is at stake and slightly higher insurance, so I dont want to pay 1000+ dollars a lawyer for something like this. But I chose a bench trial not a trial by jury, and I wasnt sure how those go. Im hoping the cop doesnt show.

  4. #4
    sammich is my bitch 1000cckiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In sammich's house
    Age
    45
    Posts
    8,341
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis
    I pulled a DDS report for the past 7 years and I only have two points on my license. Worst comes to worst, and I get found guilty Im only found 7 points on my license. Still keeps my under my 15 point limit. I also havent plead no-lo contendre in 5 years.

    I dont have a lawyer, because even if Im found guilty nothing except losing some money is at stake and slightly higher insurance, so I dont want to pay 1000+ dollars a lawyer for something like this. But I chose a bench trial not a trial by jury, and I wasnt sure how those go. Im hoping the cop doesnt show.
    Always a chance he might not show. Also you can take those defensive driving classes once every three or five years, and it takes somewhere upwards of 7 points off. I hope you get off. because some cops are trying to meet that quota, will just pull you over. That s also why when a cop pulls me over, I put my phone on record.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
Announcement
Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!