Thread: Shopping for a good body shop and a motor swap for my 280zx..

IA Member

Default Shopping for a good body shop and a motor swap for my 280zx..

Anyone know of a good local body shop that can fix up a couple rust spots??

also anyone got a RB25DET for sale or know where i can find one, i would like to swap my L28 for a later generation engine.

Thanks,

Rian

more wood than noahs arc sirkus's Avatar

Sweet car man.. post pics. The L28 can put out a good bit of power with a turbo. But the RB25 is a good choice too. Good luck man
    2014 | Hyundai Veloster | Turbo R-Spec

Garage Zero is a good place, they're always fixing up old school cars and they do motor swaps all the time. They're located in Dunwoody off Winters Chapel Rd.

The rb25 would be a great fit for that car. Try contacting ripgarage.com for the motor. Most of the customers that we do swaps for get their motors from them.

Custom Tuning By Daniel Willie.
    Parts, Fabrication, Race Car Prep
    770-319-9605 or [email protected]

IA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batlground View Post
    The rb25 would be a great fit for that car. Try contacting ripgarage.com for the motor. Most of the customers that we do swaps for get their motors from them.
    thanks for the info guys.. ripgarage.com doesn't have any RB25 motors available.. just have to keep hunting... as for right now im looking for sheet metal for my car... my poor 280zx has the cancer(RUST) eating the roof skin and the wiper cowl... i need to get that fixed before i move to more serious restoration/modification..
    Bone Stock 1980 Datsun 280zx

There's a burgundy/gold 2+2 in the North Deck at KSU. You two should start a 280zxclub. I'm surprised there are even 2 S130's in Kennesaw. I have a Z31 myself.