Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Figured you guys would find this funny- DHS checkpoint refusals

Default Figured you guys would find this funny- DHS checkpoint refusals

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Pretty hilarious. Enjoy it while you can..... this is not the america Obama envisions. Blank's blood is probably boiling watching this. How dare someone ignore the demands of father government.

lol

Not needed..they are only doing their job..but still funny

I have mixed feelings..part of me says yeah its our rights...and the other part is like really just answ the questions....w/being extreme and saying give this up and then whats next....

Quote Originally Posted by MOWE View Post
    Not needed..they are only doing their job..but still funny

I have mixed feelings..part of me says yeah its our rights...and the other part is like really just answ the questions....w/being extreme and saying give this up and then whats next....
    If it wasnt part of a much bigger issue, id probably feel differently. Some of those cops were reasonable and i would have answered them to keep peace.

How would you respond if police wanted to come into your home and ask you the same types of questions?

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

Isn't this a way to prevent illegals from entering the country?

The people that cause such drama to these officers are the same ones that yell "they turk our jerbs!"

Quote Originally Posted by Elbow View Post

The people that cause such drama to these officers are the same ones that yell "they turk our jerbs!"
    I love how people who stand up for their rights are caricaturized as rednecks by the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Pretty hilarious. Enjoy it while you can..... this is not the america Obama envisions. Blank's blood is probably boiling watching this. How dare someone ignore the demands of father government.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

I was actually impressed that the officers did not try to claim "obstruction of a police officer" or any other BS charge.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    I was actually impressed that the officers did not try to claim "obstruction of a police officer" or any other BS charge.
    Because they're all on tape.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Kinda but not really. Couple of them said the actual boarder checkpoint was behind them.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

How would you feel if the police knocked on your door and asked to come in and ask you questions or search your house for someone they were looking for?

How would you feel if you were out eating dinner and the police wanted to ask you questions without cause?

How would you feel if the police knocked on your door and asked to come in and ask you questions or search your house for someone they were looking for?

How would you feel if you were out eating dinner and the police wanted to ask you questions without cause?
    Like I've done in the past I'd make them do their jobs and go through do process like they're supposed to.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Like I've done in the past I'd make them do their jobs and go through do process like they're supposed to.
    What is the process for entering someone's home without cause? or questioning someone without cause if they do not wish to answer questions?

A warrant

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

A warrant
    So, these people were perfectly justified in their actions of refusing to answer questions?

So, these people were perfectly justified in their actions of refusing to answer questions?
    What do you mean, justified? They just did it to prove a point.

Yes you can do that if you want to. No it won't make the stop any easier obviously.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

What do you mean, justified? They just did it to prove a point.

Yes you can do that if you want to. No it won't make the stop any easier obviously.
    What point are they proving? that we are free citizens of the united states and not guests of the police? that people have the right to not be bothered by the police?

I love how people who stand up for their rights are caricaturized as rednecks by the left.
    No, but sometimes both sides can be in an argument that's contradicting their own beliefs. It was a joke, simmer down child.

Really though I don't see the big deal, someone wants my ID, here, thanks see ya later. Is it different than a road block checking for licenses?

No, but sometimes both sides can be in an argument that's contradicting their own beliefs. It was a joke, simmer down child.

Really though I don't see the big deal, someone wants my ID, here, thanks see ya later. Is it different than a road block checking for licenses?
    At what point do you draw the line? would you welcome police into your home if they stopped by for a random check to make sure you were not a criminal?

Yes and no. In a road block, you're usually dealing with local police and state law. Here in GA, if they ask you for your license, you gotta give it to them.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

The guy was a complete douche You do not have a right to drive, that is a privilege granted by the states and carries with it certain obligations. One of those is that you provide proof of identity when stopped, no matter the reason. I didnt do any additional searching, but I did find a few links to court cases that show that if you are driving, you are required to show your license if stopped.

If you want to gripe about the legality of the stop you can, but when you are stopped, you are required to surrender your license for inspection. If you are a passenger in the vehicle, you are not required to provide proof of identity unless the officer can show probable cause.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    The guy was a complete douche You do not have a right to drive, that is a privilege granted by the states and carries with it certain obligations. One of those is that you provide proof of identity when stopped, no matter the reason. I didnt do any additional searching, but I did find a few links to court cases that show that if you are driving, you are required to show your license if stopped.
    You do have the right to travel, which is what they were doing. The vehichle doesnt matter.

If you want to gripe about the legality of the stop you can, but when you are stopped, you are required to surrender your license for inspection. If you are a passenger in the vehicle, you are not required to provide proof of identity unless the officer can show probable cause.
    Yes. If you're stopped by a state or local police department.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

At what point do you draw the line? would you welcome police into your home if they stopped by for a random check to make sure you were not a criminal?
    No, totally different in my opinion. I mean if police were just randomly pulling people over, then it may be different, a random checkpoint or road block isn't a big deal to me. I can see why it may be too much in some peoples minds, but if it catches a few people then why not?

No, totally different in my opinion. I mean if police were just randomly pulling people over, then it may be different, a random checkpoint or road block isn't a big deal to me. I can see why it may be too much in some peoples minds, but if it catches a few people then why not?
    if they were just randomly pulling people over, they would probably catch a few people, why not?

If they went door to door searching homes, they would probably catch a few people, why not?

if they tapped everyone's phone they would probably catch a few people, why not?

if they put videos in everyone home, they would probably catch a few people, why not?

if everyone had to do a weekly drug test, they would probably catch a few people, why not?

The question is, where is the line? and why? Whatever your line is, why is that your line and what would prevent you from extending it further?

If they went door to door searching homes, they would probably catch a few people, why not?

if they tapped everyone's phone they would probably catch a few people, why not?

if they put videos in everyone home, they would probably catch a few people, why not?

if everyone had to do a weekly drug test, they would probably catch a few people, why not?

The question is, where is the line? and why? Whatever your line is, why is that your line and what would prevent you from extending it further?
    I think all of those are perfectly acceptable as long as they ban guns first to insure the officers cannot be injured in the searches.

I think all of those are perfectly acceptable as long as they ban guns first to insure the officers cannot be injured in the searches.
    It's a serious question. If you answered it honestly, we would probably find common ground. Every time you get asked a question that makes you think, you revert to sarcasm. Even though you're trying to be sarcastic......... that scenario would not surprise me.

It's a matter of principle to me. I do not want police "making sure im not a criminal". If i give no cause to be bothered, do not bother me. The more power you forfeit to government, the more power they have to reach for more power. That is why you start opposing the reaches before they ever gain footing.

It's a matter of principle to me. I do not want police "making sure im not a criminal". If i give no cause to be bothered, do not bother me. The more power you forfeit to government, the more power they have to reach for more power. That is why you start opposing the reaches before they ever gain footing.
    orlyyy?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

You do have the right to travel, which is what they were doing. The vehichle doesnt matter.
    The mode of travel carried the requirement that he allow his license to be inspected though. If he was walking we would be having a completely different discussion.

Yes. If you're stopped by a state or local police department.
    Honest question, does this not also apply to federal law enforcement?

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    The mode of travel carried the requirement that he allow his license to be inspected though. If he was walking we would be having a completely different discussion.
    Ever walked through a Customs and border patrol checkpoint?

Honest question, does this not also apply to federal law enforcement?
    10th amendment?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Hey guys!!!! I got an idea!!!!!!!!

Let's argue the same point endlessly until the end of time or the other guy gives in!!!!!!! YEEAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Fuck it, I'm done with this worthless section. You boys have fun jerking each other off.

Seacrest, out.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Amendment
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.[1]
    Does it encroach on this?

Quote Originally Posted by RandomGuy View Post
    Does it encroach on this?
    You have your 4th amendment rights and your 5th amendment rights. Cops (or Feds) can't search your car without probable cause, and you don't have to answer any questions police or Feds ask you without an attorney present. Driving down a US road isn't probable cause for a search, however, crossing the actual boarder changes the rules some. It looks like here he's at a checkpoint before/after the actual boarder, and from what I've found out, they have them a lot around the southwestern border states around Mexico. You really don't have to tell a federal agent anything at all.

Cops work under a state by state law called a Terry stop, or stop and identify. If you get pulled over by blue lights, they can demand you produce ID, and arrest you if you refuse. Some states may be more lenient, GA is not one of those states. After you've produced ID, you dont have to answer questions, and you don't have to let them search your car. Letting a cop search your car is the worst thing you could ever do. You don't have to be a dick about it. Anything they find or anything they "find" can incriminate you. Once you tell the cop "I know you're trying to do your job but I don't consent to searches" and "I can't answer questions without a lawyer", it ends right there.

Being a hero can go one of two ways. They leave you alone and give you a ticket for whatever they pull you over for, which will probably happen most of the time, or they stick you with a bogus charge that doesn't stick and arrest you on a Friday night, and the judge doesn't get back til Monday, just to fuck with you. So pick your battles.

What you see on this video is nothing more than civil disobedience.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

orlyyy?
    Yes. What do you not understand about that?

If cops stopped by my house and asked to come in just to make sure i wasnt a criminal, i would ask them to get off my property. Unless you're following some lead that was substantial enough to merit getting a warrant, leave me alone and go away.

Same thing would apply to a traffic stop. They can run my tag and license and see that i have no record, so anything else about my privacy they wish to explore without a warrant, nope.

The cops have enough criminal leads to follow that they shouldnt be filling their day with searching random citizens for no reason.

but... with that said, i'm a white guy.... so these scenarios are theoretical. Cops are always polite to me.

So let me get this straight. You don't think cops should search your car while you're driving down the highway because you just look like a criminal? You believe that's a violation of your 4th amendment rights?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

So let me get this straight. You don't think cops should search your car while you're driving down the highway because you just look like a criminal? You believe that's a violation of your 4th amendment rights?
    Define "looks like a criminal".....

someone driving a registered vehicle down the road at the speed limit that stops to voluntarily offer you a drivers license that will demonstrate a clean record does not and will not ever "look like a criminal"......

Define "looks like a criminal".....

someone driving a registered vehicle down the road at the speed limit that stops to voluntarily offer you a drivers license that will demonstrate a clean record does not and will not ever "look like a criminal"......
    They say "we think you fit the description of a criminal, can we search your car?" whether you actually fit the description or not

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

They say "we think you fit the description of a criminal, can we search your car?" whether you actually fit the description or not
    I'd probably say something along the lines of "you're wearing the same shirt Chris Dorner was, i dont trust you any more than you trust me, if you want to search my car, i'll park it at my lawyers office for you"

or insert something else of that nature.... like "you fit the description of those guys who searched Rodney Kings car"

I'd probably say something along the lines of "you're wearing the same shirt Chris Dorner was, i dont trust you any more than you trust me, if you want to search my car, i'll park it at my lawyers office for you"
    Ok. Good.

Now lets change the word "cops" to "welfare agent", change the word "car" to "urine", and change the word "highway" to "welfare"

Still feel the same about your 4th amendment rights?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast