Thread: 7 people shot in columbus new years

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Default 7 people shot in columbus new years

Noticed Piers Morgan mentioned columgus ga shootings... i hadnt even heard about it until then. The media will make sure to report anything gun related all the way down to a kid getting a bruise from a pellet gun. Theyre clearly ramrodding their agenda down our throats at this point....

but anyways, 7 people shot at the majestic bar on Cussetta road in columbus Ga.....

I could throw a football from the front door of the majestic and hit project housing. That's pretty much all you need to say about this. Cussetta road is a notoriously crime infested street. It's the stereotypical ghetto you see on TV with people just sitting on their steps or walking around at all hours of the night. It's nothing to see drug dealers, pimps and hookers walking around 24 hours a day. The houses that are in this area all have boarded up windows and look like crack houses. There's no real business located in this area other than a liquor store that is directly across from the project housing and a gas station. Complete slum of an area, there's no reason any normal upstanding citizen would be in this area or be inside of that club. It's not a place you and your date would wonder around and find. It's off the beaten path with many warning signs around it telling you that it's no place to be.

Something like the school shooting...... there's nothing you can do to predict that. There's no way to predict random acts of violence committed by insane people. Another factor that makes predicting these incidents even more difficult is that the type of person that acts out a crime like that is usually intelligent and prepared. Someone intelligent and prepared to commit a crime will not be deterred by stricter gun laws.

One thing we can predict and prevent is the type of atmosphere project housing creates. Why should a liquor store be allowed to be 10 feet from the projects.... why should a night club be allowed to be 10 feet from the projects......? Why arent project housings more monitored than they are?

Picture is of the front door of the majestic club. You'll find a superbowl ring on Tony Romo's finger before you find a white person on this block.

Smh... more ammunition for the gun control freaks to piss and moan about, this would of never touched the mainstream liberal media had the CT and Recent NY shootings happen. No one cares what happens in the "hood", I know this personally since I grew up in one of the worst parts of Miami and have seen people laying in the street shot dead over a dice or card game, drugs, etc... It never made the news unless the cops didn't have any leads or it was someone important in the community. I bet piers Morgan wouldn't take his ass to Columbus to get all the facts, like if that place is notorious for drug sales, gambling, illegal liquor sales, or just a cesspool of people up to no good etc. No, he'll sit back and make his assumptions with half ass information received.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    The media will make sure to report anything gun related all the way down to a kid getting a bruise from a pellet gun. Theyre clearly ramrodding their agenda down our throats at this point....
    Or they understand violence sells (especially violence involving kids) but since your worldview includes a media that hates guns, I guess we'll go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    Or they understand violence sells (especially violence involving kids) but since your worldview includes a media that hates guns, I guess we'll go with that.
    Piers Morgan hates guns. He's arguably the most notable figure on CNN news. He says the US should have a complete gun ban. Has even gone as far to say he will leave the US if they dont pass gun control soon.

Interwebs terrorist Friggintitsman's Avatar

Well considering this is in a black neighborhood only confirms the media agenda. Normally something like this wouldn't even get a mention.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
    I thrive on caffineand HATE

Quote Originally Posted by Friggintitsman View Post
    Well considering this is in a black neighborhood only confirms the media agenda. Normally something like this wouldn't even get a mention.

20 white people just got killed a few weeks ago by a white person and it was all over the news, what media agenda are you talking about?

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

You just confirmed my point. I'm saying that the fact that the media would report a shooting in the ghetto is a pretty good indicator of their agenda. To put fear in the sheep.

Sorry, I'm not seeing your point?

A shooting in a black neighborhood by a black criminal gets media attention,

A shooting in a white neighborhood by a white criminal gets media attention.

Maybe the latter got more attention because children were the victims?

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Sorry, I'm not seeing your point?

A shooting in a black neighborhood by a black criminal gets media attention,

A shooting in a white neighborhood by a white criminal gets media attention.

Maybe the latter got more attention because children were the victims?
    I think what he's saying is....... shootings in the "ghetto" happen "all day urrr day" and it never gets media attention. Now that guns are the hot item in the news, theyre going out of their way to cover ghetto shootings that they never paid any attention to before. Lots of things happen in columbus and it rarely makes the news. If i step in my front yard and shoot a pigeon, it will probably be talked about on Piers Morgan tomorrow.

I think what he's saying is....... shootings in the "ghetto" happen "all day urrr day" and it never gets media attention. Now that guns are the hot item in the news, theyre going out of their way to cover ghetto shootings that they never paid any attention to before. Lots of things happen in columbus and it rarely makes the news. If i step in my front yard and shoot a pigeon, it will probably be talked about on Piers Morgan tomorrow.
    ^this

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

Shootings have ALWAYS been in the media, maybe you didn't look for them or they weren't front page, but half the stories people have been posting, like good gun stories saying "media wants to hide these things" I rear in a newspaper or online news channel.

So much crying these days it's pathetic. Boohoo some people don't like guns. Some people don't like cry babies either.

Piers Morgan hates guns. He's arguably the most notable figure on CNN news. He says the US should have a complete gun ban. Has even gone as far to say he will leave the US if they dont pass gun control soon.
    Well then I suspect he will be departing the country soon but that's not the point. You claimed "the media" has an anti-gun agenda and that is why they cover gun violence. I personally don't know anything about Piers Morgan but I'm pretty sure his personal agenda should not be confused with all major media. The most obvious reason "the media" covers gun violence is the same reason its a major theme in just about every major hollywood movie... it gets viewers.

shootings in the "ghetto" happen "all day urrr day" and it never gets media attention. Now that guns are the hot item in the news, theyre going out of their way to cover ghetto shootings that they never paid any attention to before.
    Exactly, because "hot items" sell. If they really had an anti-gun agenda they would be covering every ghetto shooting daily even if it wasn't the hot topic of the day.

Hell, if WSB covered every shooting in the greater Atlanta area every night, each segment would be a few seconds long and still take a couple of hours to complete. I expect to hear about every shooting involving two or more people in 2013.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Bitches love bacon.