Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: politics is usually a touchy subject

Nobody has an original opinion anymore. All I'm hearing is a regurgitated narrative. "I can't believe success is a bad thing these days". No one at all sees success as a bad thing. Then when you support the president, you're a black liberal on welfare.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    Nobody has an original opinion anymore.

I assume you are including yourself in this statement.

The real reason you havent hear anything original in a while is because the narrative from both sides hasnt changed. Dems are still attacking the rich, GOP is still sabotaging themselves by bringing up social issues. Does anyone actually care about social issues anymore?

Abortion, I couldnt possibly care less. The ONLY people affected by abortion legislation are the people that want one. The people that dont agree with it cannot possibly be affected by it.

Global warming. The US could shut down every pollution generating machine in the country and we would see zero effect as the Chinese and other 3rd world countries would continue to ignore it.

Illegal immigration. Its a national security issue. If a bunch of uneducated mexicans and make the trip, what is going to stop a few hundred muslim killers from doing it?

you posted far left minded websites. so kind of hard to believe what they said.

Nobody has an original opinion anymore. All I'm hearing is a regurgitated narrative. "I can't believe success is a bad thing these days". No one at all sees success as a bad thing. Then when you support the president, you're a black liberal on welfare.
    No. There are plenty of stupid people too.

Quote Originally Posted by deutshwise View Post
    you posted far left minded websites. so kind of hard to believe what they said.
    Are you being serious?

This is exactly what I'm talking about. How in the world are you supposed to have an informed opinion if you don't know facts? How is anyone supposed take you seriously? Just because facts don't confirm your bias doesn't mean they're not facts

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    If you are talking about that 1.8% increase thats Obama tried, it was shown to be nothing more than manipulated numbers. That analysis gave Bush the credit for spending that Obama signed, then gave Obama credit for loans that were paid back that Bushed signed off on. Even the Washington Post called that out.

The facts about the growth of spending under Obama - The Washington Post

Are you being serious?

This is exactly what I'm talking about. How in the world are you supposed to have an informed opinion if you don't know facts? How is anyone supposed take you seriously? Just because facts don't confirm your bias doesn't mean they're not facts

My post references an article in the Washington Post that outlines how Nutting's article, while technically correct when looking only at budget years, was highly biased. As I said, if credited spending signed by Obama to Bush, and gave Obama credit for repayment of TARP funds that were approved and disbursed under Bush.

Not sure about Forbes political slant in their reporting, but they do have a couple editorial writers that definitely lean left. Politifact has been proven to gloss over facts that were damaging to the left.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by BanginJimmy; 08-25-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by nelson9995 View Post
    so just because you're okay you don't care about anyone else? Just because you are in a situation where you can't be taken advantage of it makes it ok for others to be taken advantage of? That is what I'm talking about. I understand small businesses not being bothered too much... but there is no way corporations should be allowed to get away with half the crap they do.
    I dont care about you enough to share money with you, no. I support programs that help people help themselves. Just because you're poor doesnt mean a rich person should have to help you. You're poor and he's rich for a reason. It's not a wealthy person's job to take care of the poor.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    I dont care about you enough to share money with you, no. I support programs that help people help themselves. Just because you're poor doesnt mean a rich person should have to help you. You're poor and he's rich for a reason. It's not a wealthy person's job to take care of the poor.
    I dont fully agree with that. mainly that some people are poor to no fault of their own. I am all for giving people a chance to go from poverty to making a nice life but the problem with obama is. He wants the poor to stay poor and keep depending on the government. that way the government becomes more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by fatty View Post
    I dont fully agree with that. mainly that some people are poor to no fault of their own. I am all for giving people a chance to go from poverty to making a nice life but the problem with obama is. He wants the poor to stay poor and keep depending on the government. that way the government becomes more powerful.
    It's hard to say that anyone is poor to no fault of their own when we have people crawling under fences and floating in boats to get here with nothing but the shirt on their back. There's always a way to survive, some people just arent willing to do the work. Our culture has led us to believe that everything is meant to be easy. While our grandfather's grandfather lived on the land and ate the food that he grew, we're a nation that wants to search for a job on the internet and we're upset that our foodstamps wont buy food that's already cooked for us. If you're poor, it's your fault.
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 08-26-2012 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    It's hard to say that anyone is poor to no fault of their own when we have people crawling under fences and floating in boats to get here with nothing but the shirt on their back. There's always a way to survive, some people just arent willing to do the work. Our culture has led us to believe that everything is meant to be easy. While our grandfather's grandfather lived on the land and ate the food that he grew, we're a nation that wants to search for a job on the internet and we're upset that our foodstamps wont buy food that's already cooked for us. If you're poor, it's your fault.
    Agreed 100%. Folks (in the USA) who say otherwise don't realize that they have significantly, i do say significantly, more options than a great majority of the world populace. Poor here in the States is considerably well off in comparison to other countries, where people literally have no means. The choice is to starve or eat maggots. The homeless people in Atlanta live better lives than those people in other countries... I call BS on being poor not by their own fault. They're poor because they choose to be poor. Poor in the States is a mindset. I'd be surprised if there are people on here who really know what real hunger pains are.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

I don't get two major issues in politics:

1. Abortion.

2. Same sex marriage.

They should not matter to anyone. If I had a daughter and she was a skank and got pregnant, she should be able to have an abortion, who cares? Does rape fit into the "no abortion" rules? Same sex marriage is just dumb, WHO CARES? It makes no difference to any of us if Bobby and Joe want to get married, not a single difference. If they can't get married, they will still be gay and they will still be in a relationship together.

This country cares more about stupid things like those and buying assault rifles than anything important.

The funniest thing to me is how many people claim to be a republican but clearly have NO IDEA what they're voting for or supporting. Anyone I know that "claims" to be a republican would technically be worst off than they are today minus the fact gays can't get married, you can't have an abortion, and you get to keep your gun.

Stupid people in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by simontibbett View Post

1. Abortion.

2. Same sex marriage.

They should not matter to anyone. If I had a daughter and she was a skank and got pregnant, she should be able to have an abortion, who cares? Does rape fit into the "no abortion" rules? Same sex marriage is just dumb, WHO CARES? It makes no difference to any of us if Bobby and Joe want to get married, not a single difference. If they can't get married, they will still be gay and they will still be in a relationship together.

This country cares more about stupid things like those and buying assault rifles than anything important.

The funniest thing to me is how many people claim to be a republican but clearly have NO IDEA what they're voting for or supporting. Anyone I know that "claims" to be a republican would technically be worst off than they are today minus the fact gays can't get married, you can't have an abortion, and you get to keep your gun.

There are only 2 groups that care about those issues. Theocrats, and people that can profit from being for or against them. Normal thinking people that have nothing to gain by those issues simply dont care.

Quote Originally Posted by simontibbett View Post

1. Abortion.

2. Same sex marriage.

Republican is the lesser of two evils. I think republicans are jackass bible thumping morons. I agree completely with you that we shouldnt be wasting time talking about gay marriage or abortions, its fucking nonsense. With that said.................. Romney is a business man and that is what we need. Obama wants to buy you lunch with the money he stole from your wallet. He doesnt know anything about business because he's never had a job. He thinks the way to grow the economy is to hire more people and grow the government. Everyone in washington right now is a jackass...... all of them. republicans and democrats.... the republicans want to give power back to the business owner and take power away from the government, democrats want to do the exact opposite. Grow the government and attempt to spend our way out of debt. I think it's best that we go with the side who wants to shrink the government. The smaller they are.... (hopefully) the less than can fuck up.

Obama wants the campaign to be about anything but Obama. He's the worst president in american history. His crowning achievement is saying "yes" to the military. The same "yes" that any president or presidential candidate in history would have said. He's the quintessential talking head speech reader for the democratic party.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

I don't like Romney, I'm not a huge Obama fan either but he has done some good that I have seen and felt, but I won't vote for him. Personally I don't think Obama or Romney are the right answer right now, I just look forward to if Romney does get elected and can't "fix" the country what die hard ill informed republicans will say then. Nobody can fix the country in a term, Obama even claimed numerous times he can't and that most of what he's doing will be seen down the road.

If Romney would drop the whole "good ol' hard working American" attitude and stop acting like he's some down to earth man than he may not annoy me as much. Listening to his wife speak last night was more than enough for me to not even give him a chance when I vote.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12