Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 14 dead, 50 wounded in Colorado theater shootiing....

Default 14 dead, 50 wounded in Colorado theater shootiing....

For those of you who don't watch the news...

(CNN) -- A heavily armed gunman killed at least 14 people and wounded 50 more during an early Friday morning screening of the new Batman movie at an Aurora, Colorado, theater, police Chief Dan Oates told reporters.

Police arrested a man believed to be the shooter in a rear parking lot of the theater, Frank Fania, a police spokesman, told CNN. The suspect was not immediately identified, though Fania said he was believed to be in his early 20s.

Link--->14 dead, 50 wounded in shooting at Colorado theater, police chief says - CNN.com

Heard about this on the news this morning. So crazy. Sad to think people just wanted to go see a movie and then get murdered for no reason.
    95 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon Limited

People get killed for less everyday. Can't imagine waking up in the morning and telling myself "What a great morning...birds are singing.....breakfast is on the table......kids are out playing. Let's go fuck up someone's day."
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Bitches love bacon.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

i dont even know what to say about this.... shocked.

My guess is that we will see metal detectors at the theater door pretty soon and rightfully so. For the amount of people who pass thru a movie theater on a given weekend, there's no where near enough security to deal with a problem, they just assume there will never be problems. Which... there shouldnt be... anyone taking a leisure trip to the movies should be a good mood and not looking to cause trouble... but that isnt the world we live in. To quote the batman movie.... "some people just want to watch the world burn".

Stay Humble

People are all the time asking me why i carry a gun and laugh at me....Well this sums up why i carry.

Movie must have really sucked.

Stay Humble

thats fucked up...

...but i chuckled

Quote Originally Posted by CRAMERIZKING View Post
    Movie must have really sucked.
    edit, i cant joke about something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chaseamundo View Post
    People are all the time asking me why i carry a gun and laugh at me....Well this sums up why i carry.
    Agree on this. I will be 21 in november and my first gift as soon as i wake will be my new toy.

Quote Originally Posted by chaseamundo View Post
    Irony....... things like this that prove exactly why you need a gun..... are the things they will use to try and take your gun away. Guns dont kill people, people kill people. If they didnt have guns, they'd use a knife, if they didnt have a knife, they'd use a stick, if they didnt have a stick, theyd use a rock..... people killed people long before they had guns.

Stay Humble

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Irony....... things like this that prove exactly why you need a gun..... are the things they will use to try and take your gun away. Guns dont kill people, people kill people. If they didnt have guns, they'd use a knife, if they didnt have a knife, they'd use a stick, if they didnt have a stick, theyd use a rock..... people killed people long before they had guns.
    you couldnt have said it better.

that guy need to burn in hell

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    i dont even know what to say about this.... shocked.

My guess is that we will see metal detectors at the theater door pretty soon and rightfully so. For the amount of people who pass thru a movie theater on a given weekend, there's no where near enough security to deal with a problem, they just assume there will never be problems. Which... there shouldnt be... anyone taking a leisure trip to the movies should be a good mood and not looking to cause trouble... but that isnt the world we live in. To quote the batman movie.... "some people just want to watch the world burn".
    News says he kicked open the back exit only door.

Metal detectors and security will only keep the law abiding citizens who are carrying out. The criminals will still get in, just like this guy did, through a back entrance or by other means. Just like everyone who want to ban firearms. The criminals will still have them even if theyre illegal.

If they outlaw guns, only outlaws will have them.

Quote Originally Posted by georgieboi View Post
    Exactly! I'd have like to seen the outcome if 4+ people in that theater were CC.. I imagine it was extremely chaotic, but the body count would have been significantly less.

When they come for mine, they better bring theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by slow_hatch View Post
    Exactly! I'd have like to seen the outcome if 4+ people in that theater were CC.. I imagine it was extremely chaotic, but the body count would have been significantly less.
    it would have been more, because in a dark theater, at midnight, packed full of people, i dont want people opening fire and openly shooting. You think you would have know the difference between the BAD GUY and the good guy shooting back and forth with people running for their lives?

That is a horrible argument to make that i hate to see people use anytime a gun massacre happens. Theres no evidence to support that gun carrying people would stop or solve a mad man who gets the jump on them.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

I'd have like to seen the outcome if 4+ people in that theater were CC.. I imagine it was extremely chaotic, but the body count would have been significantly less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    it would have been more, because in a dark theater, at midnight, packed full of people, i dont want people opening fire and openly shooting. You think you would have know the difference between the BAD GUY and the good guy shooting back and forth with people running for their lives?

That is a horrible argument to make that i hate to see people use anytime a gun massacre happens. Theres no evidence to support that gun carrying people would stop or solve a mad man who gets the jump on them.
    Precisely! Body count would have been quite a bit more. You've got (what I assume) a madhouse of people running in all directions combined with multiple shooters? You're asking for at least a couple of dozen dead. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Yeah so we'll let him shoot us like fish in a barrel.....good idea.

Don't forget he opened up a couple canisters of tear gas which wouldn't exactly help with discerning mad man from armed civilian. Whenever tradgedy occurs, it seems like people come out of the woodwork trying to explain how it theoretically could have been prevented. I guess that's human nature. It's just funny how people use the same incident as evidence for two completely opposite points of view.

the notion that arming citizens MAGICALLY fucking solves shooting massacres is STUPID. you guys like to play revisionist history and act like 1 solution to a scenario AFTER it happens solves everything.

DUDE HAD FULL BODY ARMOR, Tactical vests, leggings, groin protector, throat protector, 4 guns, tactical mask. Colorado is a CCW state, but movie theaters are gun free zones. So your normal law abiding citizens followed the law, the gunman DIDNT, you know why? CAUSE HES A CRAZY MAD MAN.

Arming citizens doesnt solve every shooting problem no matter how much you guys think it does
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I bet you take a shower with your gun too. How many people have ever been shot randomly by a mad man in a movie theatre? You might as well wear rubber clothes everyday to protect yourself against lighting strikes because that's a lot more likely to happen to you than something like this.

Public Enemy #1

Because you have been in a deadly situation such as you described? Your mind set was so flawless that you would have known exactly what to do in regards to bringing down the true madman? Its easy to say that if someone was carrying they would have been able to subdue the man? He was wearing a bullet proof vest and had a gas mask in a room flooding with TEAR gas. Do you carry a gas mask yourself? The people carrying, unless they were right next to him, able to walk up and put a bullet in his head...would have been blindly shooting through teary eyes into a panicked crowd.

Im all for citizens carrying, and im a big gun rights advocate. but dont act like arming people solves all the problems, just like the other side thinks banning guns solves everything too.

Dont be stupid
    -www.usedbarcode.net

He thinks he's the joker, according to the news. He had red hair and claimed to be reenacting a screen from the 2008 film the dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by bu villain View Post
    I bet you take a shower with your gun too. How many people have ever been shot randomly by a mad man in a movie theatre? You might as well wear rubber clothes everyday to protect yourself against lighting strikes because that's a lot more likely to happen to you than something like this.
    Robberies, homicides, shootings, carjackings, fights, etc, occur everyday around the Atlanta area. Whenever I'm out in the general public I choose to arm myself to protect myself and my family. It's not IF its going to happen, its WHEN.

Quote Originally Posted by MachNU View Post
    Because you have been in a deadly situation such as you described? Your mind set was so flawless that you would have known exactly what to do in regards to bringing down the true madman? Its easy to say that if someone was carrying they would have been able to subdue the man? He was wearing a bullet proof vest and had a gas mask in a room flooding with TEAR gas. Do you carry a gas mask yourself? The people carrying, unless they were right next to him, able to walk up and put a bullet in his head...would have been blindly shooting through teary eyes into a panicked crowd.
    I don't know your background, so don't question mine. If everyone who carries is as ignorant as you, I'd rather them remain unarmed. If you can't identify the threat you don't shoot at it. The fact is, this guy met no resistance and had free rain to murder as many people as he see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    the notion that arming citizens MAGICALLY fucking solves shooting massacres is STUPID. you guys like to play revisionist history and act like 1 solution to a scenario AFTER it happens solves everything.

DUDE HAD FULL BODY ARMOR, Tactical vests, leggings, groin protector, throat protector, 4 guns, tactical mask. Colorado is a CCW state, but movie theaters are gun free zones. So your normal law abiding citizens followed the law, the gunman DIDNT, you know why? CAUSE HES A CRAZY MAD MAN.

Arming citizens doesnt solve every shooting problem no matter how much you guys think it does
    No one said it would completely solve anything...however I'll take my chances with the alternative and actually put up a fight for my life if given the chance.

You guys do what you want, i'll continue to carry and improve my chances of survival against the unknown.

That said, my heart certainly goes out to the victims that were just trying to enjoy a nice movie.

No one said don't carry . But don't act like carrying magically solves everything.

That's the epitome of gun toting ignorance
    -www.usedbarcode.net

He thinks he's the joker, according to the news. He had red hair and claimed to be reenacting a screen from the 2008 film the dark knight.
    I don't know how much I believe this. This guy was a neuroscience major. Either he completely snapped very recently or he's completely trolling this investigation, possibly to set himself up for an insanity plea.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

I don't know how much I believe this. This guy was a neuroscience major. Either he completely snapped very recently or he's completely trolling this investigation, possibly to set himself up for an insanity plea.
    I read an article where they contacted the parents and the mother literally said that she was not surprised.

Good job raising a maniac and sending him out into society.

If you can't identify the threat you don't shoot at it.
    But you say you'll open fire on him right? Even through a smoke screen? Where you can't see anything to identify?

however I'll take my chances with the alternative and actually put up a fight for my life if given the chance.
    Like I said above, you'll take your chances with the alternative by shooting blindly into the crowd? Later, QD.

security is both the problem and the solution.... they charge us $7 for a soda.... they could afford to have someone guarding every entrance and exit of the theater..... but no.... they have a bunch of highschool kids making minimum wage running a business that sees more traffic than any place in town. Being allowed to bring your gun into the theater would only make the problem worse... for a lot of reasons. 1... a lot of my gun wielding friends are complete jackasses.... i wouldnt want them firing a gun around me in a hostile situation. Owning a gun doesnt mean you're capable of using it in that type of situation. 2.... the shooter owned his guns legally and had no criminal record that would have prevented him from gaining access to the theater with his gun. Obviously he couldnt walk in with the ar15.... but a bullet is a bullet. Proper security could have prevented this situation from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
    But you say you'll open fire on him right? Even through a smoke screen? Where you can't see anything to identify?

Like I said above, you'll take your chances with the alternative by shooting blindly into the crowd? Later, QD.
    OMG you do realize the survivors witnessed the suspect practically executing people right in front of them...They SAW him!!!

actually Mike he has been trained by the govt for situations like this

OMG you do realize the survivors witnessed the suspect practically executing people right in front of them...They SAW him!!!
    I had another scenario played out on screen, but I figure there's no real reason to post it as I guessed the government has you trained in all possible forms of attack. I bow to you and apologize for questioning your marksmanship and expertise in these situations. Later, QD.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post
    actually Mike he has been trained by the govt for situations like this
    now lol

I had another scenario played out on screen, but I figure there's no real reason to post it as I guessed the government has you trained in all possible forms of attack. I bow to you and apologize for questioning your marksmanship and expertise in these situations. Later, QD.
    Let's hear it...I can't see how having someone in that theater, fighting back, would have made it any worse.

Batman's Curse!

AFA HOLLYWOOD PREMIER LEAGUE EST. 1998

I heard that a 3 month old baby was among the dead and a 3 year was shot but, wounded. I asked myself wtf are the parents of a 3 month old and a 3 year old bringing their child to a movie premier at midnight

AFA HOLLYWOOD PREMIER LEAGUE EST. 1998

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast