Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newt G

i really dont see th3e connection.

He said "I think a person who doesnt believe in god terrifies me because he misunderstands how weak the human being can be".

His statement means that he believes that people who believe in god are better equipped to deal with adversity (hence the AA reference) than those who believe in nothing. He was merely saying that the pressure you deal with in the White House would be better off with someone who belives that who doesnt.

WHAT IS SO WRONG WITH THAT.

He didnt say "ATHEISTS ARE MORONS AND IM BETTER"
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    i really dont see th3e connection.

He said "I think a person who doesnt believe in god terrifies me because he misunderstands how weak the human being can be".

His statement means that he believes that people who believe in god are better equipped to deal with adversity (hence the AA reference) than those who believe in nothing. He was merely saying that the pressure you deal with in the White House would be better off with someone who belives that who doesnt.

WHAT IS SO WRONG WITH THAT.

He didnt say "ATHEISTS ARE MORONS AND IM BETTER"
    those 2 statements seem identical to me. Because one is a believer he can deal with the pressure, which a person of non belief simply cannot manage because they are too puny and weak without God to be able to be a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by RL... View Post
    those 2 statements seem identical to me. Because one is a believer he can deal with the pressure, which a person of non belief simply cannot manage because they are too puny and weak without God to be able to be a leader.
    ok i see how YOU get there, i just dont. I dont take it that literal i guess. I will agree there was some condescension in his tone, which newt has a habit of doing.

I personally do not agree with his statement, i know atheists who are much more of a moral character than my "religious" friends.

However, lets be honest, no Atheist will EVER get elected president, not in our lifetime. Thats just because there are too many religious people who wouldnt vote for someone like that. BUt, then again, people said Romney being mormon was a problem, i dont think it is as big an issue as some made it out to be, certainly doesnt bother me.

Secondly, Atheists have a HORRIBLE track record for attacking christian beliefs. Filing lawsuits against state courts with "GOD" on a picture in the rotunda, or going after people who greet with MERRY CHRISTMAS at a private corporation, all kinds of rediculous acts. The atheists are JUST AS INTOLERANT as the Christians they talk ill about.

Newt is catholic (converted IIRC) and his feeling is atheists would bother him if they got elected president. Thats his belief, just like you believe people like Bachmann and Santorum (religious nuts) are unfit to serve . I personally despise the GOP religious right who is against gay marriage and like to talk down to non christians.

But it is what it is, just dont vote for them.

Honestly, its such a miniscule issue, no one cares, the issue is economy, and thats all that will matter in 2012.
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

You missed my point. I'm not FOR an athiest president. I don't give a shit if the president is black white christian muslim or whatever. The point is that it should NOT MATTER. Presidential qualification has nothing to do with spiritual perspective. For some reason the idea to NOT discriminate eludes so many.

The economy is all that mattered in 08 and look where we are now...in more debt. lmao I just think we need an honest, smart leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Don't be scared LOL post it
    I replied to nelson's message somehow, so it was removed.

CHASE ->>>
    WHAT MATTERS

For some reason the idea to NOT discriminate eludes so many.
    Wait, you means Christians shouldnt judge people that dont follow their own belief system? I dont think thats ever happened before.

The economy is all that mattered in 08 and look where we are now...in more debt. lmao I just think we need an honest, smart leader.
    Come on now, you know its all George Bush's fault. If it wasnt for George Bush, the Senate would have proposed, argued, and passed a budget for the last 3 years.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123