0 0%
  • Other

2 3.77%
  • Barrack Obama

10 18.87%
  • Anyone vs Obama

10 18.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Who are you voting for? (private poll)

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Default Who are you voting for? (private poll)

Cast a vote, talk about it if you want, dont if you dont, just curious about who everyone is gonna vote for.

Poll is multiple choice, limit it to 3 votes, if you're undecided, select top 2-3.

Very undecided. Could probably live with Romney or Gingrich but certainly not happy with them.

Def not Obama

I would prefer someone less political, socially liberal, fiscally conservative. Currently no one embodies that
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Very undecided. Could probably live with Romney or Gingrich but certainly not happy with them.

Def not Obama

I would prefer someone less political, socially liberal, fiscally conservative. Currently no one embodies that
    you're clearly more in touch with politics than me. I'm leaning towards Ron Paul. Tell me what's wrong with him.

I base my decision on civil liberties and increasing our "freedoms". I like that hes at least open to talk about stopping or limiting the drug war in some capacity. I personally think its stupid the number of people who are sitting in jail for smoking weed. Its absolutely ridiculous to me and i dont even smoke. Also seems like we waste a lot of money trying to prevent people from using a petty drug that they clearly already do. I also like that he doesnt appeal to the bible thumpers. I'm an atheist but i support christians rights to be christians and expect the same in return. Hell.... i'm a Tebow fan, if people get tired of hearing someone talk about Jesus, turn the channel.

I agree with his views on not inhabiting other countries or at least limiting it. I dont believe the world will explode if we dont police the rest of the planet, i think a lot of the scary stories about why we're there in the first place are propaganda.

I dont like Romney because he sounds just like Obama, just a talking head reading a politically correct speech. Paul at least seems to have his heart in what he says.

I dont like Perry or Bachman because theyre both religious nut jobs. If someone told me my daughter had to get a vaccine for a sexually transmitted disease, id punch them in the face. On that same note, if i wanted to have aborted said daughter, i want that right also.

Same issues with Santorum, a little too "churchy" for my taste.

Huntsman seems like a good guy, dont know too much about him though. The few times ive listened to him speak, i liked him.

So, who should someone like me be voting for?? admittedly i dont pay a huge amount of attention to politics and dont understand a good portion of it, so flame away, you have my blessing.

I like Ron paul every time i see him i cant help but picture when he was in "Bruno" and Bruno, was trying to have sex with him lol

Romney is the consumate politician. He's the safe choice, he's a businessman which is about where I end my "liking of him"

Newt is clearly the smartest, but can't control his message and ideas, he goes off the reservation to much.

Ron Paul, IMO, his ideals have no specifics. He offers great talking points, but offers no real solutions, and his voting record proves he can get LITTLE done (1 bill out of 600+ he's passed)

Ron Paul talks about cutting 5 agencies, I agree with it in principle, but reality is you can't walk in day one and wipe out depth of energy, agriculture, EPA, interior, and FDA.

Lets keep it simple, lets take EPA. I'm not for environmental nazisism that says we shouldn't EVER drill for oil, or tries to push technology that doesn't work like solar. However, I also don't want companies dumping pollution in my drinking water or backyard.

So why eliminating the EPA sounds great, once you think it through, there are graves consequences to keeping them the way they are now, and outright eliminating them.

His foreign policy, while I agree we should pull out of the wars, and be more selective in rattling our sabre, the notion that if we ignore our enemies they'll ignore us is frightening.

We should reform them to be more balanced.

If he eliminates 5 agencies, think how many jobs that will lose. Where do those people go? Who watches over the corporations with no standards?
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Sinfix, Im an atheist as well. I have a video for you, but the link is on my home computer. I'll post it when I get back home. Its by Penn Jillette and it gives a little insight on who atheists should be voting for. Everyone isn't out on the table yet. So its hard for me to decide.

The thing that scares me about Ron Paul is that he is very states rights, and that he doesn't believe in the separation of church and state doctrine. But he's the only candidate so far that believes in decriminalizing marijuana. If I could be totally sure he'd come through on his campaign promises and not totally fuck the education system up, I'd vote for him

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

No one represents you fully sinfix.

I'm all for legalizing marijuana and I don't smoke weed either. No true GOP person will support that.

I'm pro choice, clearly not GOP

I'm not religious, but accept this country was founded on christian principles. God should be allowed in state capitals and such but as long as it isn't forced down anyone's throat. Abolishing Christmas is retarded.

Cause someone believes in God doesn't bother me, and aethiest don't bother me. But we should accept the majority of the nation is christian so there will be some influence there.

I believe gays should have the right to marry......clearly not gop

I'm OK with gays serving in the military......clearly not gop

I'm for cutting taxes responsibly, balancing the budget, eliminating wasteful spending .......def gop

I'm for fixng healthcare piece by piece small steps at a time.......kinda mix of gop and dem

I'm for drawing down war of Iraq and Afghan......clearly dem

I'm for abolishing student loans subsidized by the govt......clearly not anyone mainstream

No one really represents me
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Legalizing pot is such a small minor issue with everything going on I wouldn't even put that on the table. When I was 16 I used to smoke all the time, it was fun, and I know it's not that bad of a substance if used conservatively and it's obviously less harmful than alcohol. BUT we need to focus on the bigger issues; education, deficit spending, not starting any more wars, creating jobs and spurring economic growth.

I'm all for legalizing marijuana and I don't smoke weed either. No true GOP person will support that.

I'm not religious, but accept this country was founded on christian principles. God should be allowed in state capitals and such but as long as it isn't forced down anyone's throat. Abolishing Christmas is retarded.

Cause someone believes in God doesn't bother me, and aethiest don't bother me. But we should accept the majority of the nation is christian so there will be some influence there.

I'm for cutting taxes responsibly, balancing the budget, eliminating wasteful spending .......def gop

I'm for fixng healthcare piece by piece small steps at a time.......kinda mix of gop and dem

I'm for abolishing student loans subsidized by the govt......clearly not anyone mainstream

I agree with a lot of this, but abolishing sub student loans? Why? With tuition increasing at an exponential rate over the last few decades relative to regular goods and services, why should we not be able to take out these loans? Who has 10K in cash every year to spend on school? I don't know about you but I'm not rich and the only way I can go to school is by taking out a small loan here and there. I just took out my first one without it I wouldn't be taking classes right now. There DOES need to be a way to regulate them though, as I know of people taking out loans and buying...pot amongst other things which is 100% bullshit.

I do not think taxes need to be cut and honestly feel they might need to be raised by 1 or 2%. In addition I think to we need to 100% stop deficit spending which is completely ludicrous.

You wouldn't need a $10,000 loan for college if the money wasn't guaranteed and competition was allowed.

All the govt does by subsidizing loans is do what it did to the housing industry (and any industry it tries to control) it super over inflates prices, artificially creates a false demand, and drives institutions (in this case people) into debt they can't recover from.

When the govt guarantees loans to anyone, there is no competition. Colleges can set whatever price they want because govt will pay it.

That's what drove house prices up, when EVERYONE can get a loan, house prices soared because there was an incredible amount of demand.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I'm not religious, but accept this country was founded on christian principles.

Abolishing Christmas is retarded.
    You don't actually believe that stuff do you? And that there was ever a concentrated effort to abolish Christmas by anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd
    But we should accept the majority of the nation is christian so there will be some influence there.
    If the majority of the nation believed that the earth was still flat and was the center of the universe, would you think there should be an influence there? A nation influenced by a particular religion is dangerously bordering a theocracy.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

Quote Originally Posted by .blank cd View Post
    You don't actually believe that stuff do you? And that there was ever a concentrated effort to abolish Christmas by anyone?

If the majority of the nation believed that the earth was still flat and was the center of the universe, would you think there should be an influence there? A nation influenced by a particular religion is dangerously bordering a theocracy.
    One is able to be proved the other is not.

You can prove the world isn't flat, you can't prove God exists or doesn't exist.

All I'm saying is religion has no place in governing, it however is factual that this country was founded on Christian principles and moral code. That is indisputable.

Christianity is a vast majority, therefore there will be some christian influence in our society (whether you're Christian or not). You don't see me going to Saudi Arabia telling them Islam is wrong because I'm Christian.

People should be a little more open minded and less offended
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Laws shouldn't be passed because someone says "because God said so"

That is theocracy.

That's not even close to what I'm describing, nice try though
    -www.usedbarcode.net

it however is factual that this country was founded on Christian principles and moral code. That is indisputable.
    I'll wait so you can show me where in the constitution it says that the US was founded on Christian principles. It's not a fact. That is fiction.

Until then, I want to ask you, what do you think is a "Christian principles" and "Christian moral code"?

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

I'll wait so you can show me where in the constitution it says that the US was founded on Christian principles. It's not a fact. That is fiction.

Until then, I want to ask you, what do you think is a "Christian principles" and "Christian moral code"?
    Believe whatever you want

But the words God, Creator, are used in the pledge of allegiance, bill of rights, declaration etc

The founding fathers knew about religious freedom. Christianity isn't a religion, its a philosophy.

The christian principles are easily found, use google. All men are created equal, inalienable rights, endowed by our Creator etc etc. Etc

Now you're just arguing to argue. The country was founded on christian principles, that's is just pure fact.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Furthermore the constitution and the declaration don't have to mention God to uphold my opinion.

The founders were Christians, they believed in Christianity, but they also wanted freedom of religion so they were careful not to envoke any mandate on religion.

But to say this country isn't founded on christian principles, is just retarded.

Many state constitutions mention God fyi
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Believe whatever you want

But the words God, Creator, are used in the pledge of allegiance, bill of rights, declaration etc

The founding fathers knew about religious freedom. Christianity isn't a religion, its a philosophy.

The christian principles are easily found, use google. All men are created equal, inalienable rights, endowed by our Creator etc etc. Etc

Now you're just arguing to argue. The country was founded on christian principles, that's is just pure fact.
    I'm not arguing to argue. I'm mentioning this to enlighten you. Im just letting you know that neither history, nor current or historic texts or anything says that this country was founded on "christian principles". That was something that was drilled into the heads of people who practiced Christianity. Christianity is a religion. It always has been. Always will be. All Christians will agree with that. The belief in a creator isn't necessarily Christian. It's called Deism, which is what some of our founding fathers believed in. Some were anti clericals, others were catholic and some were Protestant. "God" didn't show up in the pledge of allegiance or our money until the late 50s, around the time of the "red scare".

Christians don't have a monopoly on any principles or moral code, so to consider them strictly Christian would mean that no other religion believes in those principles. To say they aren't strictly Christian would mean that moral code and good principles are irreligious.

NIKON Squad member 01

OF*C

The thing that scares me about Ron Paul is that he is very states rights, and that he doesn't believe in the separation of church and state doctrine. But he's the only candidate so far that believes in decriminalizing marijuana. If I could be totally sure he'd come through on his campaign promises and not totally fuck the education system up, I'd vote for him
    This is the second time you have said this. What are you so against the states having any rights? Why shouldnt states be able to serve their population in the way they see fit?

And again with the educational system comments. Under the control of the fed govt, our educational system has gone to garbage. Its time to eliminate the dept of education and send control of education back to the states. It is also time to allow competition in our school system with a voucher program. Let the parents decide who they want educating their kids, not a bureaucrat.

Quote Originally Posted by RL... View Post
    Legalizing pot is such a small minor issue with everything going on I wouldn't even put that on the table. When I was 16 I used to smoke all the time, it was fun, and I know it's not that bad of a substance if used conservatively and it's obviously less harmful than alcohol. BUT we need to focus on the bigger issues; education, deficit spending, not starting any more wars, creating jobs and spurring economic growth.

truth

I agree with a lot of this, but abolishing sub student loans? Why? With tuition increasing at an exponential rate over the last few decades relative to regular goods and services, why should we not be able to take out these loans? Who has 10K in cash every year to spend on school? I don't know about you but I'm not rich and the only way I can go to school is by taking out a small loan here and there. I just took out my first one without it I wouldn't be taking classes right now. There DOES need to be a way to regulate them though, as I know of people taking out loans and buying...pot amongst other things which is 100% bullshit.
    Not abolishing student loans, just getting rid of the govt backing and subsidizing of them.

I do not think taxes need to be cut and honestly feel they might need to be raised by 1 or 2%. In addition I think to we need to 100% stop deficit spending which is completely ludicrous.
    Why should they be raised? How about a flat tax instead? EVERYONE pays in 15% of their gross income. No deductions, no credits, no nothing. You make 100k this year, Uncle Sam gets 15k off the top, no questions asked. You make 10k, your fair portion is that same 15%, or $1500. Dividends or other capital games, 15%. Death Tax, 15% of all liquid assets. Business and corporate income, 15% of adjusted income.

i feel we have a lot in common on this, i like bits and pieces of various candidates on each side, but have never came anywhere close to saying one would represent me. Probably because my beliefs are all over the place. "atheist with moral values" so to speak, which christians would say doesnt exist.

Why is that far fetched? Just cause you don't believe in God doesn't mean you're a savage LOL

One religions morality is another's evil.

Moral to me is more a sociological aspect more than religion
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I'm not arguing to argue. I'm mentioning this to enlighten you. Im just letting you know that neither history, nor current or historic texts or anything says that this country was founded on "christian principles". That was something that was drilled into the heads of people who practiced Christianity. Christianity is a religion. It always has been. Always will be. All Christians will agree with that. The belief in a creator isn't necessarily Christian. It's called Deism, which is what some of our founding fathers believed in. Some were anti clericals, others were catholic and some were Protestant. "God" didn't show up in the pledge of allegiance or our money until the late 50s, around the time of the "red scare".

Christians don't have a monopoly on any principles or moral code, so to consider them strictly Christian would mean that no other religion believes in those principles. To say they aren't strictly Christian would mean that moral code and good principles are irreligious.
    Wrong. I consider myself to be a "Christian" yet I do not agree with the man made religion it has become. Christianity today is not what it was set to be according to the first Apostolic/Pentecostal church. Neither does the church today reflect the teachings of Christ. Christianity is a philosophy and a life style. It is the following of instructions/guidlines and precedence's established by Jesus and His disciples and the overall pursuit to be "Christ like". Do you even know what Jesus taught or what the message of the first Apostolic church was? Here, let me help you....

James 1:25-27 "But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed. If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain. Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."

The "image" of the "church" does not fit this description. The Bible does not teach denomination or ritual or separation of believers. This was not the message of Christ. As a Christian, one submits himself to be a disciple of Jesus the Christ. Disciple itself means to be disciplined. High morality, unconditional love, helping others, caring for your enemies, and spreading the message of Jesus through love.....these are the disciplines of a follower of Christ. The Spirit of God does not dwell in buildings nor can it be contained. You know where you will find the true Christian "religion"? Its not in a building with the name of " First Church of Christ"; you find it in the streets. You find it in practice and application.
    riding for God crew member #1

IA Domestic Alliance

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

I'm voting for Obama.

I'm voting for myself.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Since votes for anyone but Romney are only symbolic, I may vote for Chester Cheetah or Fire Marshall Bill.

Im white so ill be voting for Obama,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDxOSjgl5Z4

Quote Originally Posted by Got Milk? View Post
    Im white so ill be voting for Obama,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDxOSjgl5Z4

Chris Rock is a funny guy. Real talk.

Id vote for Chris Rock before Obama.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

I've decided not to vote.

IA Member

I'm voting for the South Asian A-Team.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Kyle's Avatar

I made an agreement with a coworker with opposing viewpoints, as neither of us wanted to stand in line, to not vote.

I would have voted Romney though.
    ***Lotus Elise***

BlackWatchRacing
    /Sector111/Larini Exhausts/Difflow Diffusers/Classic Livery of Atlanta Paint/APR Performance

Quote Originally Posted by E36slide View Post
    I may not be as book savey as the next guy but i posses a vast knowledge based street smarts.

Why is it Florida always has to be the red headed step child of the states ?
    Get your votes in already and learn from your neighboring states vote Republican assholes!