Thread: Egypt

Default Egypt

It is really about to hit the fan over there. I am really worried about all the reports of the.Muslim.Brotherhood being heavily involved.

Could this be the next Iranian style theocrasy? What does this do to the Suez Canal and how will Israel react?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Certified Gearhead

They cut off the entire countries internet service earlier lol.

The US will intervene some how before the brotherhood steps in office. The people want an election and want more freedom and government funding

US and Israel need to sit this one out and let the Saudis handle it. If the Saudis refuse then I don't think we have a choice but to get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    US and Israel need to sit this one out and let the Saudis handle it. If the Saudis refuse then I don't think we have a choice but to get involved.

I agree but even the Egyptian people are begging for the US to help and Saudi Arabia is the real key point in all this and need to do something quick.

If Mumbarak(sp?) steps down in the next couple days things could work out. If the military gets further involved and people start dieing the Muslim Brotherhood gets stronger and more influential immediately.

Everything will be fine in Egypt as long as Mubarak(sp?) steps down. The Army declared today that they will not fire on protesters, and imo they will hold to that promise. The US doesn't need to be intervening in this situation if it doesn't grow too violent, this is about what the people of Egypt want and nothing more. Citizens of Egypt also aren't any more anti-american than most European countries so I'm not buying this shit cable news is selling about this increasing terrorist acts against the US.

I think the media is trying to play off of the muslim brotherhood angle as typical sensationalism and scare tactics for the most part. The more the Egyptian gov't tries to fight against any opposing political party emerging, the stronger the opposition will become, whether it be the muslim brotherhood or another party that emerges. I haven't followed in depth what is going on, but the support of the muslim brotherhood probably has as much or more to do with wanting Mubarak out and a change from the status quo, than actual support for the party IMO (which may just come from a lack of knowledge on the situation on my part). The US needs to stay out of it unless it actually becomes a threat to stability elsewhere in the middle east, or poses an actual threat to us in some way. We can't go around fixing everyones problems for them forever.

The brother hood is a islamic anti-american group that is 7million strong. It is also the reason Iran is what it is today and all the other dictator ruled countries in the middle east.
    We damn sure don't want them in office or we will have nothing but issues ahead from Egypt.
    The brother hood was rallying in support of the people of Egypt while also chanting down with westerners.

I know what the brotherhood is and some of the things that they are "responsible" for so to speak. Of course they are rallying in support of the protests, they want to gain political control, but do the majority of Egyptians support the brotherhood, or merely support ousting Mubarak?

Quote Originally Posted by Browning151 View Post
    I know what the brotherhood is and some of the things that they are "responsible" for so to speak. Of course they are rallying in support of the protests, they want to gain political control, but do the majority of Egyptians support the brotherhood, or merely support ousting Mubarak?
    The people are in support of him getting out of the office and country. The thing is the Brother hood is in support with them while promising things in return if they was in control.
    That is what will influence the people in their choice kinda like brain washing them to think they mean well when they really don't.