View Poll Results: Whether you liek it or not, do you think it will happen

Voters
587. You may not vote on this poll
  • Its about time, i want it to pass!

5 0.85%
  • I dont want it to pass, but its inevitable.

0 0%
  • I dont want it to pass, and pray it wont!

1 0.17%
  • Im i hate cannabis. I'm arrogant, ignorant and uneducated.

0 0%
  • Im i hate cannabis. I'm smart and don't need to reduce myself to mind-altering drugs to get through life!

581 98.98%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whether you like it or not, do you think it will happen?

Quote Originally Posted by thecrazyone View Post
    HELLOOO, Cali IS about to legalize jackass, that is what this thread is about, they have all the support they need and its going on the ballot this year.

Last month, the California Assembly’s public safety committee approved a bill to tax and regulate marijuana in a manner similar to alcohol. It's the farthest that efforts to legalize marijuana have got in the state. That is not even close to being legalized. Even Ammiano spokesman Quintin Mecke says the bill has little chance of making it to the Assembly floor for a vote, partly due to legislative constraints. But it appears likely that the issue will be put to the ballot in November in California as well as other states including Washington and Oregon.

Cannabis may be the nation's largest cash crop, but marijuana remains a Schedule I drug, deemed by the federal government to have a high potential for abuse, no accepted medical value and illegal to use under all circumstances. Perhaps Californians have been emboldened in legalizing medicinal marijuana, but in truth, the conflict between state and federal law has had serious consequences for users and distributors caught in the federal web.

Keepwaiting. It will still be illegal here in Georgia, regardless of California's vote. You will have to change it in Washington, where you do not have enough support.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by Mach'N'U View Post
    Like stated many times this is potheads wanting easier access to it.
    Bingo!
    You Couldnt be more wrong...

so say it becomes legal, and its sold in stores, how is it easier when you have to show i.d and have the face to face with a clerk who makes sure your old enough, instead of a drug dealer that doesnt care if you're 9 years old as long as you have cash.

Then a system would be in place where with w/e card you use to buy the meds can show, your last purchase and there would be a limit on how much you can buy and how often.

Then people wouldnt be buying from stores and selling on the streets, b/c it would be controlled purchases.

Then drug dealers go out of business, cause who wants to go to a sketchy dealer, which is still illegal to buy from, when you can go to the gas station and pick up a few grams, for cheaper and safer.

It would still be illegal to sell privately on the street.

Public Enemy #1

You Couldnt be more wrong...

so say it becomes legal, and its sold in stores, how is it easier when you have to show i.d and have the face to face with a clerk who makes sure your old enough, instead of a drug dealer that doesnt care if you're 9 years old as long as you have cash.

Then a system would be in place where with w/e card you use to buy the meds can show, your last purchase and there would be a limit on how much you can buy and how often.

Then people wouldnt be buying from stores and selling on the streets, b/c it would be controlled purchases.

Then drug dealers go out of business, cause who wants to go to a sketchy dealer, which is still illegal to buy from, when you can go to the gas station and pick up a few grams, for cheaper and safer.

Ever heard of fake id's? Even if there is easier access, as I already stated thats going to do nothing more than make it easier for people to abuse the drug just like aclohol. I am going to pop your little bubble with some simple questions...

1. Why do you want marijuana legalized, and I mean this in why do YOU want it legalized.
    2. Do you have a medical condition that can help cure or lessen the pain?
    3. Even as already stated, if it is legalized in Cali, how is that going to affect you here in Georgia?

Ever heard of fake id's? Even if there is easier access, as I already stated thats going to do nothing more than make it easier for people to abuse the drug just like aclohol. I am going to pop your little bubble with some simple questions...

1. Why do you want marijuana legalized, and I mean this in why do YOU want it legalized.
    2. Do you have a medical condition that can help cure or lessen the pain?
    3. Even as already stated, if it is legalized in Cali, how is that going to affect you here in Georgia?
    Fake i.d's? LOL, and people with them get caught and go to jail.

1.It's harmless, the government has lied to all of us for years and years i've had family die from cigs, and i've seen more than enough alcohol abuse. Have yet to see cannabis cause any health issues with anyone.

2.Yes, i was shot through the left lung and heart, suffered a double heart attack and needed cannabis to sleep and eat. I've also broke my tibia and fibia in my leg, and use cannabis for pain management and insomnia.

3. Well im looking into moving to Cali, it's one step closer to full legalization and it's further proof that cannabis is a medicine and accepted as that.

Edit: heck, i can tell you right now, that 2 screws below my knee are killin me, it hurts to walk and when i do i almost limp, and i have to live with it for the rest of my life, so what should i do take prescription pain killer pills everyday(which i was doing, with horrible side effects of sweating and anxiety) that takes 30 min to help and wear away my kidney, or smoke a bowl of pot and be painless in 5 min and have no side effects?
    Last edited by thecrazyone; 02-08-2010 at 10:52 AM.

People would still sell it on the streets - to those that are underage, or do not have a medical condition, if you are referring to prescription marijuana.

Gas station? If it is for a medical prescription, it would have to be through a pharmacy as a regulated drug.

If you are talking about making it available like alcohol, you are only interested in making it easier for potheads to access.

Fake i.d's? LOL, and people with them get caught and go to jail.

1.It's harmless, the government has lied to all of us for years and years i've had family die from cigs, and i've seen more than enough alcohol abuse. Have yet to see cannabis cause any health issues with anyone.

2.Yes, i was shot through the left lung and heart, suffered a double heart attack and needed cannabis to sleep and eat. I've also broke my tibia and fibia in my leg, and use cannabis for pain management and insomnia.

3. Well im looking into moving to Cali, it's one step closer to full legalization and it's further proof that cannabis is a medicine and accepted as that.

A lot of underage kids have fake IDs and don't get caught. As you are aware, kids tend to not know their limits, and will use something to the point of abuse. This would be no different.

1) So you want it for recreational use. Not really medical.

2) Was the marijuana prescripted by a doctor? If not, why did you not get Loritabs or similar (legally prescribed pain medication)? I assume you were not in GA, as they would not have prescriped marijuana - especially for something as simple as a broken leg. Another question - did the shooting happen to be drug-related?

3) Again, you want it for recreational use, so your arguments that it is good for medical use are moot. That is not what you want it for. You simply want to get high.

I think it would bring on an economic boom of epic proportions. I want it legalized so I can make money off of it. I would invest in someones business in a heartbeat.

Other than that I don't really care. If it doesn't get legalized then it won't change my life one way or the other.

I do believe it's a relatively harmless drug that is less of a problem than alcohol and causes fewer health concerns. For that sole reason I don't see a problem legalizing it, regulating it, taxing it
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Every argument you guys make with fake ids and abuse can be used with alcohol too. So keep that in mind.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    A lot of underage kids have fake IDs and don't get caught. As you are aware, kids tend to not know their limits, and will use something to the point of abuse. This would be no different.

1) So you want it for recreational use. Not really medical.

2) Was the marijuana prescripted by a doctor? If not, why did you not get Loritabs or similar (legally prescribed pain medication)? I assume you were not in GA, as they would not have prescriped marijuana - especially for something as simple as a broken leg. Another question - did the shooting happen to be drug-related?

3) Again, you want it for recreational use, so your arguments that it is good for medical use are moot. That is not what you want it for. You simply want to get high.
    1, i want it legal in every way possible, for med and rec.

2, No, refer to my edit, in above post. no, i was robbed for 7 dollars.

3, It has amazing medical qualities, and so what if people use it for fun, Alcohol can numb or kill pain, and its also used rec.

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    I think it would bring on an economic boom of epic proportions. I want it legalized so I can make money off of it. I would invest in someones business in a heartbeat.

Other than that I don't really care. If it doesn't get legalized then it won't change my life one way or the other.

I do believe it's a relatively harmless drug that is less of a problem than alcohol and causes fewer health concerns. For that sole reason I don't see a problem legalizing it, regulating it, taxing it
    see, they are callin me out about selling it somewhere other than a doctors office..

Dispensaries, do you knowe how many people would open them and we could invest in them,

Cali's biggest cash crop is pot, pullin in over 12 billion a year and rising.

Eurotrash

Wow. It suprises me that there are that many "smart" people on here.

Legalize it. I can honestly say that MJ has helped me with some medical problems. I have a titanium plate that is my cheek/orbital bone and makes my eye get these spasms and hurts on normal occassion. MJ helps with both just as good as the prescriptions the doctor gave me, but isn't as harmful as the pills. It also helps with my insomnia and is great for an upset stomach. Hell, if it gets passed in Cali I'm moving.

I don't care if it's legalized for medical use only or legalized across the board. Either way it will boom economically.

I think we should do it gradually like medicinal use first then gradually move into regular users.

Let's make it more accessible to the "pothead". Why not? They buy it now already? Why not offer them a superior product for a cheaper price with a 15% sales tax on it? Make money off it , keep street dealers out of business etc.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I don't care if it's legalized for medical use only or legalized across the board. Either way it will boom economically.

I think we should do it gradually like medicinal use first then gradually move into regular users.

Let's make it more accessible to the "pothead". Why not? They buy it now already? Why not offer them a superior product for a cheaper price with a 15% sales tax on it? Make money off it , keep street dealers out of business etc.

I dont understand what so hard for people to understand about this.

The fact its illegal is what brings violence into it, b/c with it like that its worth more ounce for once than gold and people want control.

If the gov takes over selling it, then they are the ring leader.

I think that we have sufficiently established that no one in this thread needs it for medical reasons. Based upon the statements made in this thread, supporters simply want to make it legal for potheads to get high.

I suggest that all supporters contact their senators and representatives to schedule a meeting with them so that they can present their "evidence". Otherwise, they are accomplishing nothing.

I have seen medicinal use for it work. I know people with severe add that self medicate. Now could ridlin or some other synthetic drug treat it better or equally? Probably.

I just think we spend billions of dollars a year trying to keep it away when in reality there is nothing worse about weed when compared to alcohol. Our resources are failing to dent or curb this issue.

Will it be legalized in our lifetime? Highly doubt it.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I think that we have sufficiently established that no one in this thread needs it for medical reasons. Based upon the statements made in this thread, supporters simply want to make it legal for potheads to get high.

I suggest that all supporters contact their senators and representatives to schedule a meeting with them so that they can present their "evidence". Otherwise, they are accomplishing nothing.
    It's about how prohibition has never worked, and never will.

Who are you to say no on needs it for medical reasons, you dont need to be on a death bed or in a wheelchair to benefit from cannabis.

I have seen medicinal use for it work. I know people with severe add that self medicate. Now could ridlin or some other synthetic drug treat it better or equally? Probably.

I just think we spend billions of dollars a year trying to keep it away when in reality there is nothing worse about weed when compared to alcohol. Our resources are failing to dent or curb this issue.

Will it be legalized in our lifetime? Highly doubt it.
    It's going to be legal in Cali in the next 2 years.

Lets watch other states follow.

Public Enemy #1

Like stated you only want it for the high. It does nothing but make you forget about pain. What are you going to do...be at work one day and the pain starts walk outside and straight up get high, then go back to work high? No...thats the point of painkillers to be able to numb the pain for hours, but still leaving your mind in a normal state. No matter how assine your arguments are you want it for the pure use or a rec drug. Thats it.

Like stated you only want it for the high. It does nothing but make you forget about pain. What are you going to do...be at work one day and the pain starts walk outside and straight up get high, then go back to work high? No...thats the point of painkillers to be able to numb the pain for hours, but still leaving your mind in a normal state. No matter how assine your arguments are you want it for the pure use or a rec drug. Thats it.
    Same can be said for alcohol

What purpose does alcohol serve besides creating a buzz? No medical benefit exists from alcohol yet it's legal to consume.

Pain pills are far more "addictive" than thc. Oxycotin, hydrocodone, vicodon, loratabs etc possess far more addictive qualities than thc yet service the same pain.

I know plenty of people that smoke AND work and function fine.

If a person does 3 shots and goes to work that's bad right? I know someone that could take 3 "hits" and function fine at his job, he does it all the time. He has severe add and it calms him down. He doesn't want to take ridilin because he tried it before and it made him feel disconnected and loopy
    -www.usedbarcode.net

It's about how prohibition has never worked, and never will.

Who are you to say no on needs it for medical reasons, you dont need to be on a death bed or in a wheelchair to benefit from cannabis.
    I said that no one in this thread needs it for medical reasons. You clearly do not as you made it clear that you want it for recreational use.

I have no problem with it being prescribed for medical use. I am for that actually, as it makes sense.

I do not care one way or the other if it is approved for recreational use and treated like alcohol.

My point it, you start a lot of absolutely useless threads - instead of discussing it with someone who can assist you in changing the law. Let me ask you - how many times have you met with your congressman concerning legalizing marijuana for recreational use? Do you even know where he stands on the issue?

What purpose does alcohol serve besides creating a buzz? No medical benefit exists from alcohol yet it's legal to consume.

Pain pills are far more "addictive" than thc. Oxycotin, hydrocodone, vicodon, loratabs etc possess far more addictive qualities than thc yet service the same pain.

If a person does 3 shots and goes to work that's bad right? I know someone that could take 3 "hits" and function fine at his job, he does it all the time. He has severe add and it calms him down. He doesn't want to take ridilin because he tried it before and it made him feel disconnected and loopy
    Your friend has ADD, so he takes something that will decrease his focus? The FDA has approved the nonstimulant drug atomoxetine (Strattera) for use in ADHD. Effectiveness appears to be similar to that of stimulants. Strattera is not addicting. Why doesn't he get something like that? There are several different type of legal drugs he can take with a prescription for ADHD.
    The ADDA does not suggest marijuana for treatment of ADHD, nor does the AMA.

Public Enemy #1

I am not arguing against its medical use. I know it can help medically, but the OP is arguing on the side of rec. use. That I believe should not happen. If you have a legitamate medical condition that can be proven to be helped by marijuana and only marijuana then I am all for it. But to say you need it for a broken leg, or screws in your legs/hip is just complete bullshit.

Your friend has ADD, so he takes something that will decrease his focus? The FDA has approved the nonstimulant drug atomoxetine (Strattera) for use in ADHD. Effectiveness appears to be similar to that of stimulants. Strattera is not addicting. Why doesn't he get something like that? There are several different type of legal drugs he can take with a prescription for ADHD.
    Agreed. I think peoples views on marijuana are more a mental thing. Some people take it because they think it helps them function. Same goes with alcohol. People drink it excessvly because they think it helps them or makes them feel better. Does nothing more than just numb the pain.

I am not arguing against its medical use. I know it can help medically, but the OP is arguing on the side of rec. use. That I believe should not happen. If you have a legitamate medical condition that can be proven to be helped by marijuana and only marijuana then I am all for it. But to say you need it for a broken leg, or screws in your legs/hip is just complete bullshit.

Agreed. I think peoples views on marijuana are more a mental thing. Some people take it because they think it helps them function. Same goes with alcohol. People drink it excessvly because they think it helps them or makes them feel better. Does nothing more than just numb the pain.
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take a minute to watch this youtube vid, just watch it.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYpt_...eature=related

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take a minute to watch this youtube vid, just watch it.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYpt_...eature=related
    The URL contained a malformed video ID.

Public Enemy #1

The URL contained a malformed video ID.
    You probably have to watch it while your high to see something!

It calms him down and helps him focus. I can tell when he hasn't smoked because he's fucking annoying. He obssesses over asking a remedial question if you don't answer right away, he gets paranoid , he basically thinks 1000mph and can't slow down . Something as easy as "what do you want to do tonight" ends up being and incredibly hard task to accomplish.

He smokes a little weed and he calms down and can think things through rationally.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

The poll results are funny. I wonder which MOD abused their powers (once again) to prove their point....

I didn't vote because all options don't fit me

I don't pray it passes and I'm not hoping of doesn't pass.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

It calms him down and helps him focus. I can tell when he hasn't smoked because he's fucking annoying. He obssesses over asking a remedial question if you don't answer right away, he gets paranoid , he basically thinks 1000mph and can't slow down . Something as easy as "what do you want to do tonight" ends up being and incredibly hard task to accomplish.

He smokes a little weed and he calms down and can think things through rationally.

It sounds rational, unless you look at normal people that smoke. They definitely lose focus, just like drinking alcohol. So, why doesn't this guy take a different, legally prescribed depressent - as that is what is happening.

Alot of people don't want the side effects that go along with those perscription meds ask anyony who has used pills like prozac xanax oxycontin wellbutrin etc.

Patience Pays...

Cannabis may be the nation's largest cash crop, but marijuana remains a Schedule I drug, deemed by the federal government to have a high potential for abuse, no accepted medical value and illegal to use under all circumstances. Perhaps Californians have been emboldened in legalizing medicinal marijuana, but in truth, the conflict between state and federal law has had serious consequences for users and distributors caught in the federal web.

Keepwaiting. It will still be illegal here in Georgia, regardless of California's vote. You will have to change it in Washington, where you do not have enough support.
    I just have to quote a few things here cause false info is being given out. Marijuana is a Schedule II drug, as is Cocaine so it is not totally prohibited on the federal level.

I love the arguments behind this. How would it bring more taxes? Instead people have a cover for producing large amounts of marijuana to export. You would see a rise in crime, from people breaking into houses where 25 square feet was being produced and stealing it all. You would still run the problem of those people over 21, producing the legal limit and selling all there amount to people under 21. The whole idea behind this is built upon ideas thought up by pot heads for pot heads.
    If you refer to the prohibition of Alcohol, usage did decline when it was outlawed but crime rose. The idea that crime will increase when Marijuana is legal is asinine. I come from a state where it is legal (Alaska) and I still cannot understand the problem people have with weed. Do I use it? No, but from what I observed it isn't any more harmful than alcohol or nicotine.

My argument in the issue is it doesn't make logical sense for Marijuana to be illegal unless you look at it from a morale standpoint, even then the medical use of it justifies the means. Most violent crime is done under the use of Alcohol yet those who oppose legalization of Marijuana will justify the legalization of Alcohol. There is no continuity in the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I just have to quote a few things here cause false info is being given out. Marijuana is a Schedule II drug, as is Cocaine so it is not totally prohibited on the federal level.
    Incorrect, it is Schedule I.
    http://www.justice.gov/dea/pubs/scheduling.html
    http://www.justice.gov/dea/pubs/abuse/1-csa.htm

Patience Pays...

I stand corrected and owe an apology then, I was studying for a Substance Abuse DSST this past week and I swore Marijuana was Schedule I. No excuses, just my own ignorance.

I stand corrected and owe an apology then, I was studying for a Substance Abuse DSST this past week and I swore Marijuana was Schedule I. No excuses, just my own ignorance.
    Actually, there is a petition to get it dropped from Schedule I to II, so it may become Schedule II in the future. That may have been what you heard about. No apologies needed, as this is just a discussion.

Patience Pays...

I guess that further blows my mind then, Cocaine being schedule II and Marijuana being schedule I. But from studying this week there is TONS of stuff I did not know about drugs, from hallucinogens to amphetamines and how they are administered. Pharmacists really are nothing more than legal drug dealers.

I guess that further blows my mind then, Cocaine being schedule II and Marijuana being schedule I. But from studying this week there is TONS of stuff I did not know about drugs, from hallucinogens to amphetamines and how they are administered. Pharmacists really are nothing more than legal drug dealers.
    Yea and who do you think gets riched b/c they have the market cornered, Politicians and higher ups who own stock in the big Pharma. It wouldnt matter if pot could cure cancer, its goin to stay illegal so people stay richm they dont want us growing our own medicine.

as far as side effects of pills stated further up, i can attest i have been prescribed the big three, lortab, vicodin, and xanax, and let me tell you, the side effrects SUCK, drowsiness, dizziness, clumsiness, loss of muscle coordination, amnesia,headache, restlessness.

... drowsiness, dizziness, clumsiness, loss of muscle coordination, amnesia,headache, restlessness.
    That is how you are when you aren't on drugs also.

That is how you are when you aren't on drugs also.
    I am a but clumsy, but in all seriousness, if medical marijuana(MMJ) can do the same thins the Pharma's can without the side effects, isnt that good?

HEY EVERYONE, if you want a good read go to the other thread(ANY argument) and look at my last post on page eh 6 i think, you cant miss it.

I am a but clumsy, but in all seriousness, if medical marijuana(MMJ) can do the same thins the Pharma's can without the side effects, isnt that good?
    I agree, that would be an excellent use. Of course, it will need Federal approval, and the legislative branch will have to pass a bill allowing it federally.

Islander

On the contrary, there are benefits to drinking wine (lower risk of heart disease, strokes etc), and there are also benefits to drinking beer (idem.).

In moderation of course
    I got free clear tails with my ride.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast