Thread: Political text messages?

Default Political text messages?

Rep.Tom.Price.mail.House.gov
    Do you support the Democrat leadership plan to increase the nat'l debt limit by 1.9 trillion? Support Oppose or Opt Out

Just got this in a random text message. Anyone else gotten one of these?

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

Your info must be on somebody's mailing list. Probably when you got in on that Going Rogue $4.95 group buy at FreeRepublic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender View Post
    Your info must be on somebody's mailing list. Probably when you got in on that Going Rogue $4.95 group buy at FreeRepublic.com
    Um, no on the Going Rogue, lol. It was actually sent as a text not an email, that's why I asked because I generally don't put my number out there.

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Browning151 View Post
    Um, no on the Going Rogue, lol. It was actually sent as a text not an email, that's why I asked because I generally don't put my number out there.
    It could be some organization you are affiliated with though, like school, military, a fraternity, alumni association, a union, a professional organization like ASE or FOP, etc. It could even be your phone company.

UGA gives the info from their directory out to telemarketers and credit card companies... I used to get 10 "pre-approved offers" and 5 phone calls every day until I had them remove my info from their directory.

Selling information is big business and now that so many groups are hurting for money its bound to increase. I always make sure my info will be secure before I give anything out.

For once Blender is correct. Someone sold your info to a polling organization. The list of those that could have sold it is pretty much endless.

I sort of figured that would be it, that's why I try to never give out my cell number. I like to be involved but I don't really care to be spammed on my phone.