Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ANY argument on why marijuana should be illegal just got proven wrong

Default ANY argument on why marijuana should be illegal just got proven wrong

-gateway effect
    -kills brain cells
    -causes cancer
    -the drug war
    -it makes you stupid
    -it causes violence

Thats right folks,this documentary shows you why absolutely ANY argument on why pot should be illegal or stay illegal is pointless and stupid, dont believe me? Watch it!

No one can even come in here bashing, cause it doesn't matter, i KNOW whats right, if you're to ignorant to watch this movie, or even the trailer, than you mean nothing to me, and nothing you say matters.

The is not a stoner movie it is a documentary, with politicians, celebrities, government officials, it has FACTS, archival footage, it shows studies and medical journals all in favor of legalization and WHY!!

>>>>>>The Union: The Business Behind Getting High<<<<<
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1039647/

BC's illegal marijuana trade industry has evolved into a business giant, dubbed by some involved as 'The Union', Commanding upwards of $7 billion Canadian annually. With up to 85% of 'BC Bud' being exported to the United States, the trade has become an international issue. Follow filmmaker Adam Scorgie as he demystifies the underground market and brings to light how an industry can function while remaining illegal. Through growers, police officers, criminologists, economists, doctors, politicians and pop culture icons, Scorgie examines the cause and effect nature of the business - an industry that may be profiting more by being illegal.

The basic point of this documentary is to present the facts about Marijuana. It focuses less on the BC market and more on the reasons why marijuana should be viewed in the same light as alcohol and tobacco. It argues for the legalization of marijuana. The argument is compelling and factual with many legititamate sources. UNLIKE THE IGNORANT STUFF Y'ALL SPEW ON HERE
    PLEASE WATCH THE TRAILER,(it opens in your browser) before you post something ignorant.
    WMV...
    http://www.theunionmovie.com/wmv_large.html
    Quicktime....
    http://www.theunionmovie.com/quicktime_large.html

WEBSITE
    http://www.theunionmovie.com/TheUnionWeb.html

If you want to watch it without downloading, or buying...
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4414651731007#

Now, TRY ME?!?!?! haha, ya'll got nothing!

and remember, alcohol was once illegal herin the U.S, and when it was it thrived in the undrground speak ease's.

and marijuna was once LEGAL, in fact is was ILLEGAL NOT TO GROW IT.

Fact: It doesn't matter if it should or shouldn't be illegal - it is currently illegal here without a medical prescription.

Fact: If you want it to be legal, we are not stopping you from moving to a place where it is legal.

Fact: No one here really cares what you care about.

BTW - Your post is proof enough that it kills brain cells.....

Now, go get high and mellow out.....
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Certified Gearhead

old video. This has already been posted and discussed many many times.

ever try to get and maintain a good job while smoking weed?????

thats what i thought

I wont bother watching the movie, but I can say that a documentary can be edited to prove ANY point you want it to. All you have to do is speak with the doctors, politicians, celebrities, researchers that support your side of the argument. It would be just as easy to do a documentary to support the fact that it is habit forming, a gateway drug and anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    Fact: It doesn't matter if it should or shouldn't be illegal - it is currently illegal here without a medical prescription.

Fact: If you want it to be legal, we are not stopping you from moving to a place where it is legal.

Fact: No one here really cares what you care about.

BTW - Your post is proof enough that it kills brain cells.....

Now, go get high and mellow out.....
    I could not agree with you more on the facts.... But unfortunately smoking the goods does NOT kill your brain cells.

Quote Originally Posted by dallasb84 View Post

thats what i thought
    Yes I have been able to keep my 6 digit figure salary while smoking. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    I wont bother watching the movie, but I can say that a documentary can be edited to prove ANY point you want it to. All you have to do is speak with the doctors, politicians, celebrities, researchers that support your side of the argument. It would be just as easy to do a documentary to support the fact that it is habit forming, a gateway drug and anything else.

Unfortunately if you weren't so ignorant in jumping to conclusions. You would realize and underestand that this documentary is unbiased in any way. Following from that the documentary does not cut in and out like some biased docs are. The interviews in the doc have people who are unbiased towards the used of marijuana and give SOLID and FACTUAL information.

Plus the research I have done on the experiments that were conducted on the use of MJ comes out to be quite true on from every angle and on every level.

thats what i thought
    yep, been smoking weed for 7-8 years and have had 8-9 jobs, upgrading in pay at each one. Currently running a 4 million dollar company with 4 other people. kthnxbye

Quote Originally Posted by thecrazyone View Post
    UNLIKE THE IGNORANT STUFF Y'ALL SPEW ON HERE
    haha, ya'll got nothing!

speechless?

LOL @ this shit.

Potheads don't deserve to run shit - much less a company.
    "I'm not a gynecologist... but I'll take a look."

Quote Originally Posted by BABY J View Post
    LOL @ this shit.

Potheads don't deserve to run shit - much less a company.
    lol if you or anyone you know owns anything APPLE, i would be thanking us, Steve Jobs came up with apple while smoking weed.

but i digress, i dont want to take this thread to the usual back and forth he say she say.

fact: thecrazyone has started 4 threads dealing with marijuana in the past month.

potheads = two thumbs down
    -jonathan
    [/URL]
    Jesus Christ is my Savior

__DailyGrind

lol herb is goodshitt!

I smoke tha ganj

yep, been smoking weed for 7-8 years and have had 8-9 jobs, upgrading in pay at each one. Currently running a 4 million dollar company with 4 other people. kthnxbye
    need an assistant? lol

well i never said getting a good job cant be done..... and no matter what, a good work ethic regardless of personal habits is rewarded..... but......... even as a pothead you must agree that some potheads.....are worthless motherfuckers....

and.... in an industrial environment, dangerous surroundings, or when you are relying on another person i would say doing drugs should be abstained from whether its legal or not. to include alcohol.....

when the thc byproducts are in your system and you are detoxing..... your body is lethargic and your sense of critical thinking is slowed. this is "scientifically" proven..

most of the time a chronic user will feel this after a week or so after quitting

with that being said.... when you work in the field i do.... i would prefer to work with clean individuals over potheads.

work places will treat pot like any other drug, alcohol, and cigerates,

they won't care you do it outside of work as long as it doesn't effect you inside of work. If weed ever becomes legalized i see all the dumbasses come into work high and getting fired because they can't work efficiently

becuase of the economy i wouldnt do anything to hurt my job

I do not want some1 working on my car that smoke spot.

I don't want some1 teaching my daughter that smokes pot.

I do not want some1 flying my plane that smokes pot.

I do not want some1 that works at my bank that smokes pot.

I can go on - but you get the point.

--> There are LOTS of people who do not smoke pot JUST bc it's illegal even though they want to - and I like it that way.

well i never said getting a good job cant be done..... and no matter what, a good work ethic regardless of personal habits is rewarded..... but......... even as a pothead you must agree that some potheads.....are worthless motherfuckers....

and.... in an industrial environment, dangerous surroundings, or when you are relying on another person i would say doing drugs should be abstained from whether its legal or not. to include alcohol.....

when the thc byproducts are in your system and you are detoxing..... your body is lethargic and your sense of critical thinking is slowed. this is "scientifically" proven..

most of the time a chronic user will feel this after a week or so after quitting

with that being said.... when you work in the field i do.... i would prefer to work with clean individuals over potheads.
    I completely Agree... There are some people who are just complete bums.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteAccord View Post
    I could not agree with you more on the facts.... But unfortunately smoking the goods does NOT kill your brain cells.
    LOL Do you really believe this? Just proving the fact that even if you make big money you can still be an idiot.

I think marijuana isnt as bad as alcohol, and should be legal but regulated harshly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Octopus™ View Post
    yeah thats all you got cuz shortly after that picture you accepted tasteful wheels and better fitment into your life as your Lowered and Savior.

Amen.

I believe marijuana should be legal and just CONTROLLED just like cigarettes and alcohol. Tax the shit out of it and BAM there's another form of revenue for the government (yea yea I know easier said then done).

Baby J,
    You don't want those people to smoke weed, but many of them drink. What's your feelings on that? Teachers taking a shot after a long day of teaching. Mechanics having a few beers in the fridge at the shop. Pilots going to the bar between flights. A teller having a ladies night out with her girls getting drinks bought for them. The argument against alcohol is just as strong as weed (if not stronger), yet it's just an controlled substance. Plus, it's related to many (which is an understatement) deaths. The only "one-up" alcohol has on weed is it's legal, but that's just my opinion.

From personal experiences (I'm a professional student LOL), I have been around both drunks and potheads. Weed smokers tend to be more laid back, chilled, and hungry (LOL). I never seen one start a fight or anything crazy. They do tend to talk really crazy though. As for drunks, the ranged from passed-out to loud/rude and acting real crazy (fighting and such). So I would rather be around a people smoking then drinking (minus the smell).

(And this is coming from a person that has been drug free since birth, and will always be.)

Banned

i dont smoke. i used to. its horrible for your lungs just like cigs...therefor hendering my workout. thats all the facts i need.....(i dont drink either)

and yeah i make hella money too, so dont come at me with the jobs and salary shit because no one is gonna hold there own next to me.

If weed was regulated and taxed then our economy would get better.
    Not the solution but def could be apart of it.

yeah thats all you got cuz shortly after that picture you accepted tasteful wheels and better fitment into your life as your Lowered and Savior.

Amen.

If weed was regulated and taxed then our economy would get better.
    Not the solution but def could be apart of it.

Amen.

Hippies.

Quote Originally Posted by BABY J View Post

--> There are LOTS of people who do not smoke pot JUST bc it's illegal even though they want to - and I like it that way.
    Too late, they already do.

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

Originally Posted by BABY J

Replace "smokes pot" in your above statement with "watches Glenn Beck," or "drinks alcohol," or "eats mayonnaise" and you'll see how I feel and how a lot of people feel. In the end you can't pick and choose every little thing that every person you turn to for a good or service does.

The fact that its illegal doesn't deter anyone from smoking pot. Its really part of the appeal of the rebellious lifestyle for kids nowadays, and if you were to legalize it in a managed fashion similar to Europe and Canada it would lose some of that appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender View Post
    The fact that its illegal doesn't deter anyone from smoking pot.
    It may not deter the dim witted or the career students, but I can assure you that that fact alone deters a VERY great many people, myself included. For those of us with real jobs, the possibility of being drug tested is enough to keep me from ever smoking again.

Quote Originally Posted by 5speed View Post
    LOL Do you really believe this?
    Ofcourse he does, b/c its true..The ONLY study the government gets there brain damage info from, is when they tested monkey's, and they hooked them up to gas masks pumping full of pot smoke and thats it, no fresh oxygen, they suffocated them and gave them brain damage.

Quote Originally Posted by btstone View Post
    its horrible for your lungs just like cigs
    WOW, can you say ignorant, its not even close to cigs. how much do you know about cannabis?? You know how many universities have shown that pot doesnt cause any serious or long term effects on your lungs.

AND..if it is so horrible for your lungs where's the proof, why arnt they parading around the bodies and lungs of pot smokers to show what happens.......because they dont exist.

I used to smoke until I wanted to get shit done and be in touch with the real world.

Smoking makes me feel like a dumb slob. I cant concentrate on shit and all I want to do is eat. Also makes day to day things harder to comprehend and process. Personally, i feel like a much better person and function much better not smoking.

Im not against anyone who wants to smoke...but it does affect you in one way or another no matter what you think. Also, for those of you who smoke and have any sort of job....wait till you get hurt at work...not only will you be out of work but your medical bills wont get paid either.

Quote Originally Posted by oneSLOWex View Post
    I used to smoke until I wanted to get shit done and be in touch with the real world.

Smoking makes me feel like a dumb slob. I cant concentrate on shit and all I want to do is eat. Also makes day to day things harder to comprehend and process. Personally, i feel like a much better person and function much better not smoking.

Im not against anyone who wants to smoke...but it does affect you in one way or another no matter what you think. Also, for those of you who smoke and have any sort of job....wait till you get hurt at work...not only will you be out of work but your medical bills wont get paid either.
    Your post confuses me, just because you cant "get shit done in the real world" doesnt mean others cant.

Well obviously pot is not for you, but maybe it doesnt affect others the same way, everyone's different. Also, look at the big picture, 14 states have pro medical marijuana laws so having it in their system has no consequence if they are hurt on a job.

Seems like you are pushing your opinions into beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdare23 View Post
    You don't want those people to smoke weed, but many of them drink. What's your feelings on that? Teachers taking a shot after a long day of teaching. Mechanics having a few beers in the fridge at the shop. Pilots going to the bar between flights. A teller having a ladies night out with her girls getting drinks bought for them. The argument against alcohol is just as strong as weed (if not stronger), yet it's just an controlled substance. Plus, it's related to many (which is an understatement) deaths. The only "one-up" alcohol has on weed is it's legal, but that's just my opinion.
    Fact: Weed smokers in the USA, who do not have a prescription, practice bad judgment.

He probably doesn't want someone teaching his kid who regularly shows bad judgment by choosing to break the law. Imagine that crazy thought.

Alcohol is legal, weed is illegal - that is not opinion, that is fact.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Your post confuses me, just because you cant "get shit done in the real world" doesnt mean others cant.

Well obviously pot is not for you, but maybe it doesnt affect others the same way, everyone's different. Also, look at the big picture, 14 states have pro medical marijuana laws so having it in their system has no consequence if they are hurt on a job.

Seems like you are pushing your opinions into beliefs.
    Im not trying to push anything on anybody....just stating my opinion. An opinion and a belief are pretty much the same thing so I fail to see what you were trying to do with that. Maybe you meant facts or maybe trying to push my opinion onto someone else?

Also, the states with medical marijuana use laws, in a situation where someone got hurt on the job....wouldnt that only apply to someone who was legally supposed to be smoking it?

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

It may not deter the dim witted or the career students, but I can assure you that that fact alone deters a VERY great many people, myself included. For those of us with real jobs, the possibility of being drug tested is enough to keep me from ever smoking again.
    Its the possibility of being tested and subsequently losing your job thats the deterrent though, not just that its illegal. "Career students" who smoke are at tremendous risk too because even the smallest possession bust can cause them to lose just about any form of financial aid/scholarship.

I'm not saying that every airplane pilot or train conductor should go out and get blazed before going to work. In the event of legalization there will be standards for certain professions who have jobs where safety is a concern. Alcohol is perfectly legal, but airline pilots and train conductors are forbidden from being intoxicated while on the job, I don't think legalized pot would be any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Blender View Post
    Its the possibility of being tested and subsequently losing your job thats the deterrent though, not just that its illegal. "Career students" who smoke are at tremendous risk too because even the smallest possession bust can cause them to lose just about any form of financial aid/scholarship.

Now for the 10k question. Why is that test a deterrent? Answer, cause its illegal.

This idea that just because people do it anyways it should be legal is complete BS. I dont want to hear about alcohol or cigs either as I completely understand that there is no reason for them to be legal and weed not to be. I dont understand it, but all I can say is that they are both longstanding item in our society whereas weed is not. I know it has been used for hundreds of years, but the US is a European like society and it was not used in Europe until relatively recently.

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    Fact: Weed smokers in the USA, who do not have a prescription, practice bad judgment.

He probably doesn't want someone teaching his kid who regularly shows bad judgment by choosing to break the law. Imagine that crazy thought.

Alcohol is legal, weed is illegal - that is not opinion, that is fact.

Can't argue the fact that it's illegal

Let's looking at speeders. 85mph in a 65mph zone, what are they thinking . I hope teacher never speed, since speeders "practice bad judgment" daily. See how your comment can be flipped. Shit even drug free people use bad judgment on a daily basis. I pretty sure you don't do everything strictly by the book, but that doesn't automatically mean you "practice bad judgment".

Lets see your thought process. Lets even the playing field. Let's say alcohol and weed are both illegal or both legal. How would you feel then? Is weed worse than alcohol only because it's illegal? Or are you more concern about the effects of smoking weed? (Or are you just going to discredit this paragraph and not answer because weed isn't legal?)

Like I said before, I'm drug free. So weed being legal or illegal wont bother me one bit. It's just hypocritical that people the want to keep weed illegal, while alcohol intoxicated people continue to kill innocent people. So my stand in this argument is, if weed is illegal, alcohol should be also. Can anyone give me a reason why alcohol should be legal while weed isn't?

lol @ this thread.
    “When convention and science offer us no answers, might we not finally turn to the fantastic as plausibility?” Spooky

I dont have anything against people who smoke...

But look at it in this sense----

Would you want a ton of Americas Finest fighting wars high?
    Would you want us bombing other people high?
    Would you honestly want us watching the nation "high"?
    PIC TOO BIG

Quote Originally Posted by bigdare23 View Post
    I believe marijuana should be legal and just CONTROLLED just like cigarettes and alcohol. Tax the shit out of it and BAM there's another form of revenue for the government (yea yea I know easier said then done).

Baby J,

From personal experiences (I'm a professional student LOL), I have been around both drunks and potheads. Weed smokers tend to be more laid back, chilled, and hungry (LOL). I never seen one start a fight or anything crazy. They do tend to talk really crazy though. As for drunks, the ranged from passed-out to loud/rude and acting real crazy (fighting and such). So I would rather be around a people smoking then drinking (minus the smell).

(And this is coming from a person that has been drug free since birth, and will always be.)
    Controlled? You mean controlled like alcohol? Like teenagers getting drunk and killing people/themselves on the road? Kids dieing of cancer from cigarettes? Controlled like the gov is controlling guns --- 9 year olds taking handguns to school and killing people? Please tell me that you are referring to a different type of control. Our gov can't control anything - one of the best efforts they have at doing so is making something illegal w/ stiff penalties to pay if those laws are broken.

The simple fact is that there are LOTS of people who don't speed JUST b/c the speed limit is posted on a sign beside the road. There are LOTS of people who don't drink and drive JUST b/c it's illegal. Legalizing marijuana would force employers to do the job that the government should be doin - firing people who are drug addicts... there goes more people on unemployment who want to stay home and get high while my tax dollars pays for it. There goes more crime b/c the unemployed feel they need a life of crime to make ends meet. There goes the service industry b/c the dummy on the other end of the phone at Bank of America is too high to know where to transfer my money. There goes doctors being corrupt and writing bogus (even moreso than now) prescriptions for each other as well as the general dumbass public. I could go on.

You make some good points on paper - but that is not realistic IMO. I don't know of a better solution than leaving this as it is.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast