Thread: Has Obama kept his promises?

Patience Pays...

Default Has Obama kept his promises?

500 of them, there is a site that tracks every single one. Here are the results so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Interesting chart but of course not all promises are equal. It would be interesting to compare it to past presidents as well.

Lets take a look at what he has done in real terms.

Notable Promises kept.

Send 2 brigades to Asscrackistan.
    VA budget is now Must Pass legislation
    Make military aid to Pakistan results based
    Extend unemployment and suspend taxes on them

I lost count at about 25 more govt agencies and positions.
    I didnt bother trying to count all of the govt expansion programs. I did count 6 just on page 1.
    There are also quite a few BS promises kept on there, such as getting his daughters a puppy.

Now look at the promises he broke. You will notice that nearly all of them were his major campaigning points.

CSPAN was barred from healthcare debates and negotiations.
    Ending Income taxes for seniors making less than 50k
    End no-bid contracts over 25k
    Allow 5 days for public comment before signing bills.
    Tougher rules for lobbists.
    reduce earmarks to 1994 levels.

As you can see, while be has made and kept a lot of promises, the weight of those promises arent equal.

i drive a giant blueberry preferredduck's Avatar

i think he has broken just about every campaign promise he made so far, escept spending more money on useless BS!!!!
    Check out my for sale threads!! 15" competition speakerbox, 1TB External hard drive, and plenty of car parts!!!

I Need some WRX, 350Z, 240SX, Really any car owner to let me do R&D for Ground Kits, Please Let me See the layouts!!!

IA Member

Has anyone actually looked at the list, one promise on the list that he kept was to get his daughters a dog and another was to give a speech at a major islamic forum in the first 100 days. While not everything on the list was that insignificant, this website is a joke and should not be taken seriously.

No, but what president did?

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by mm2654 View Post
    Has anyone actually looked at the list, one promise on the list that he kept was to get his daughters a dog and another was to give a speech at a major islamic forum in the first 100 days. While not everything on the list was that insignificant, this website is a joke and should not be taken seriously.
    Wow a website takes tally of ALL campaign promises big and small and you want to discredit them as a source? lol What you posted is really stretching it by the way, out of 500 campaign promises not every one is going to be significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Got Milk? View Post
    No, but what president did?

True...

The thing that scares me most about obama is that, he's sneaky. He is not trust worthy. The same for most presidents, but this guy more than the rest.

It’s just the good ol’ boy in me
    I got my friends I got the recipe
    For one hell of a life

I got my girl got my family
    Got my booze and that’s all I need
    For a hell of a time

HELLYEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    , out of 500 campaign promises not every one is going to be significant.
    But those significant ones all fall into the stalled or broken catagories while it seems that the insignificant ones were pretty much acted upon.

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    But those significant ones all fall into the stalled or broken catagories while it seems that the insignificant ones were pretty much acted upon.
    All I'm saying is don't discredit the source for insignificant promises from a politician.

All I'm saying is don't discredit the source for insignificant promises from a politician.
    I agree with you that a promise is a promise, I only pointed out that most of the promises kept are rather insignificant while most of those that were broken were the cornerstones of his entire campaign.

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    I agree with you that a promise is a promise, I only pointed out that most of the promises kept are rather insignificant while most of those that were broken were the cornerstones of his entire campaign.
    Can't even begin to argue with that

IA Member

Wow a website takes tally of ALL campaign promises big and small and you want to discredit them as a source? lol What you posted is really stretching it by the way, out of 500 campaign promises not every one is going to be significant.
    I guess I should have been more specific, what wanted to say was that the "Obameter" is a joke. I will admit that I have not looked at the rest of the site and therefore would not try to make a general assessment of the reliability of the site as a whole. However, in their attempt to quantify the effectiveness of the President, I believe they have overstated the effectiveness of the President by including things that were insignificant or completely irrelevant to the job.