Thread: Swine flu and good ole' Russia

Default Swine flu and good ole' Russia

So what did Russia do in response to the swine flu outbreak?

They stopped importing pork products! rofl

Pure genius! Just comes across as silly.

I dont blame China for following suit because they got hit so hard by avain flu.

I can understand live pigs.. maybe, but pork products? I guess the real question is how long is a slaughtered pig in holding till its delivered to another country and can the virus survive that time span?

China and Russia banned imports of pork and pork products from Mexico and three U.S. states that have reported cases of swine flu, and other governments were increasing their screening of pork imports.
    http://news.aol.com/article/who-trie...newsaol_inpage
    Last edited by dorin48; 04-29-2009 at 05:23 PM.

considering the fact that there is no known relationship between pigs and swine flu I would say any country thats not importing pork is retarded.

^^ this may sound retarded, but the swine flu? has nothing to do with pigs?

courtesy of whoever posted this before I stole it.

Da Nastyist Whipz Member #9

"Muh fuggas don kno, got dat gangsta green biniss maikin tha dirtlegs say HAY. Da Naystiezt whipz, rillis crew in da A"

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy
    considering the fact that there is no known relationship between pigs and swine flu I would say any country thats not importing pork is retarded.
    This is probably the only time i'll ever disagree with you in the polotics forum haha..

http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/swineflu_you.htm

It are from piggies.

yes it is from pigs but you can't get it from eating pork, fucking morons
    Hey do me a favor real quick jump back into the gene pool i have some chlorine tablets i wanna try out!!!!!!

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

Like the regular flu viruses, the swine flu comes from the farms of China. The flu virus is a bird virus that is not contagious to humans. But it is contagious to pigs. So the pigs catch it, it mutates in the pigs, into a form contagious to humans.

This all happens because the Chinese raise their pigs and fowl together. The pigs eat teh bird scat. If they had better farming practices the flu wouldn't be nearly as bad.

This is just an abstract of the main article, but you get the idea:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8760967

Consider that most of the pork imported by Russia is pork from China. Its probably just a measure to make it seem like they are being proactive about Swine Flu when really theres not a whole lot they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by dorin48
    This is probably the only time i'll ever disagree with you in the polotics forum haha..

http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/swineflu_you.htm

It are from piggies.

Should have read that again before I posted. I meant pig products.

they also started shooting anyone suspecteds of having the flu in the head.
    95 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon Limited

Quote Originally Posted by thepolecat
    they also started shooting anyone suspecteds of having the flu in the head.
    Ya know I dont think that would surprise me too much.

hopeful pork prices will drop a lot and then I can have a killer bbq
    2006 Evo IX - Bolt ons

Senior Member | IA Veteran Elbow's Avatar

The swine flu isn't directly related from pigs, it's a mix of pig, human, and bird.

Quote Originally Posted by simontibbett
    The swine flu isn't directly related from pigs, it's a mix of pig, human, and bird.
    yes and it has caused major pandemics in the past. 1918 4.5 million died due to it and it struck again in 1974. The only problem is that they are only counting the deaths in mexico and not the infections also. You can pretty much multiply the infection rate a hundred fold and that will let you know how widespread it really is. So far it is at the WHO level 5. there are only 6 levels!!!!
    Hey do me a favor real quick jump back into the gene pool i have some chlorine tablets i wanna try out!!!!!!

Egypt slaughtered all of their pigs in response to Swine Flu

This is scary if you ask me. I just heard that a woman traveling from up state is in the LaGrange hospital with it in GA. SCARY seeing that I was in LaGrange 2 times this week. Eeeeeeek!! I am sick as heck too, but I VERY SERIOUSLY doubt I would be one of the lucky ones to get it. I do wonder though how many people are going to get it and it be left untreated/tested and them fight it on their own? I mean it's possible if they are really healthy. A lot of people plainly just dont have insurance to go to the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by simontibbett
    Manbirdpig??????????? sounds like a job for Al Gore. Im cereal.

Quote Originally Posted by IMPORTchic
    This is scary if you ask me. I just heard that a woman traveling from up state is in the LaGrange hospital with it in GA. SCARY seeing that I was in LaGrange 2 times this week. Eeeeeeek!! I am sick as heck too, but I VERY SERIOUSLY doubt I would be one of the lucky ones to get it. I do wonder though how many people are going to get it and it be left untreated/tested and them fight it on their own? I mean it's possible if they are really healthy. A lot of people plainly just dont have insurance to go to the hospital.

but thats the biggest problem some of the deaths were healthy young adults that just thought it would pass like any other regular flu. these flu strains are becoming immune to the drugs that are in circulation to stop them in thier tracks.

There is a teacher i know who has a student who's parents just came back from Mexico and she is scare that they might bring it back and give it to him and spread to her class. Scary thing is i live 2 miles from that school- Buford Area.

Release the Kracken! Total_Blender's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yungdz
    Egypt slaughtered all of their pigs in response to Swine Flu
    I don't think pork is very popular in Egypt anyway, since its forbidden for Muslims to eat it and Egypt is mostly (like 90%) Muslim and the Christian population is mostly Eastern Orthodox (not sure if they can eat pork or not). Its probably just a symbolic gesture.

i drive a giant blueberry preferredduck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by koukis14
    Manbirdpig??????????? sounds like a job for Al Gore. Im cereal.

hell yea where is super gore at these days!!!! Nobody listens to me ands manbearpig!!!
    Check out my for sale threads!! 15" competition speakerbox, 1TB External hard drive, and plenty of car parts!!!

I Need some WRX, 350Z, 240SX, Really any car owner to let me do R&D for Ground Kits, Please Let me See the layouts!!!

i drive a giant blueberry preferredduck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NAMNORI
    but thats the biggest problem some of the deaths were healthy young adults that just thought it would pass like any other regular flu. these flu strains are becoming immune to the drugs that are in circulation to stop them in thier tracks.
    we actually don't have many medicines for this, my mother worked for the USDA and they studied avian influenza. these vaccines they say are out there are prob BS. Bacteria on the other hand is becoming immune to antibiotics b/c everything we eat now has them in it, except free range. a lot of people are going away from cattle in confined spaces b/c they have almost died from infection. so when you go to the hospital with swine flu(h1n1 virus) watch out for the super bacteria thats floating around only in hospitals.
    Check out my for sale threads!! 15" competition speakerbox, 1TB External hard drive, and plenty of car parts!!!

I Need some WRX, 350Z, 240SX, Really any car owner to let me do R&D for Ground Kits, Please Let me See the layouts!!!

you cant get swine flu from eating pork,plus down the street of where i live is an elementary school on the way home it was full of new choppers and vans,a little girl was confirmed infected with the virus.She is ok but a little later a couple people from the hazmat came to our house and gave us boxes of mask to wear and since my niece goes to the school they told her its shut down till thursday until they clean the place up
    92 DA9 with a b20 on 8lbs daily
    DALLAS 8-4 1st in the nfc east

wow taking it very serious i see /\/\

yeah i guess they are,we just go bout our daily lives.but my grandma freaking out she washes her hands like crazy and wheres does mask every second of the day lol............she's losing it
    92 DA9 with a b20 on 8lbs daily
    DALLAS 8-4 1st in the nfc east