View Poll Results: who will win?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • biden

26 65.00%
  • palin

14 35.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Biden vs Palin debate this thursday...

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. KiDD
    yeah but FOX had them at

86% Palin
    12% Biden

so you cant go by those
    didn't you try to state fox was least bias

you and i both know if those were their number they must of watched the debate on MUTE.

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    didn't you try to state fox was least bias

you and i both know if those were their number they must of watched the debate on MUTE.

Depends on what you consider a win. I think anything short of a crushing defeat would be considered a Palin win by most people when you consider all of the bad press before this.

FOX is less bias than CNN an NBC absolutely. Fox is Middle Conservative which can appeal to Dems and Repubs

CNN and NBC are FAR LEFT

but i was saying i dont think she won that convincingly.

But again, you are assuming people agree with your views going into the debate. What matters is if the independant voter connected with Her or Biden, and the polls coming out today are showing majority connected with her.

They dont want to hear facts and policy. Which is what Biden was about.

They want to hear what Obama says, general statements that make you connect with that candidate.

Can you imagine if Biden was running against mccain?
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

IA KING

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy
    Depends on what you consider a win. I think anything short of a crushing defeat would be considered a Palin win by most people when you consider all of the bad press before this.
    this is a dumb statement... it was a DEBATE not a save face speech... did she win the DEBATE? no. she couldn't answer most of the questions and she rambled on offtopic most of the time like these forums. she did good at redeeming herself for horrible interviews and expectations were low to begin with.

if you think she won the DEBATE on answers to questions then obvious you too watched it MUTED.

But again, you are assuming people agree with your views going into the debate. What matters is if the independant voter connected with Her or Biden, and the polls coming out today are showing majority connected with her.
    um obviously you must get your numbers from FOX news b/c biden clearly won by many different polls. and i would assume most independent voters dont' watch FOX they watch CNN or ABC

if biden/mccain were debating it would be 1 1/2 hours of snoring

More and more, it looks like the Biden choke-up will be the "moment" remembered in this debate, in a positive way.

I was just rewatching the video of it, and I realized why it worked so well. It's not just that he showed the emotion, but that he's able, fairly quickly, to swallow it and push through to the end of his point. It's a moment where he let his guard down, but then he just chokes it down and gets the job done, so to speak. A moment of weakness becomes a moment of strength.

And that chirping shiit follows it by jumping back onto her pointless talking points.

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    this is a dumb statement... it was a DEBATE not a save face speech... did she win the DEBATE? no. she couldn't answer most of the questions and she rambled on offtopic most of the time like these forums. she did good at redeeming herself for horrible interviews and expectations were low to begin with.

if you think she won the DEBATE on answers to questions then obvious you too watched it MUTED.

no, I actually watched and listened. Just like when Obama debated McCain to a draw it was considered most to be a Obama win. I think Biden did a much better job of spouting off numbers, and Palin did a much better job of connecting with the public. She seems MUCH more genuine, while Biden is a epitome of politician.

MOST HATED

Quote Originally Posted by Greed
    More and more, it looks like the Biden choke-up will be the "moment" remembered in this debate, in a positive way.

I was just rewatching the video of it, and I realized why it worked so well. It's not just that he showed the emotion, but that he's able, fairly quickly, to swallow it and push through to the end of his point. It's a moment where he let his guard down, but then he just chokes it down and gets the job done, so to speak. A moment of weakness becomes a moment of strength.

And that chirping shiit follows it by jumping back onto her pointless talking points.

I like the way you think.

Quote Originally Posted by redGT
    I'm sorry but if you can tell me 1 just 1 war in the history of this country that has had a time table that has been successful then I might be able to support one. But the fact of the matter is that we didn't have a timetable for the revolution, the civil war,or either world wars.Their over when they're over.
    what's the VALUE of success...that's the real question? at what point is enough, enough? think about the korean war. that's a war where we didn't continue the fight...and what was the end result??? now n. koreans are 4 inches taller than south koreans ? there's a point where you have to draw a line in the sand. there's news that they want to build disneyland in iraq, WTF!?! ok...so let's do the math (as of 2008)...

we're spending:
    $10B per month
    $390,000 to deploy ONE U.S. soldier
    $9B "lost & unaccounted for" U.S. TAXPAYER money
    $547.9M "lost & unaccounted for" in spare parts shipped to contractors
    $1B missing equipment sent to iraq security forces
    $10B mismanaged and wasted in iraq (FEB 07)
    $1.4B overcharges (classified by the PENTAGON as unreasonable & unsupported)

MOST IMPORTANTLY:
    4,168 U.S. CASUALTIES

and iraq has a $80B surplus, while we have a $10 TRILLION debt...let me type that out.... NEGATIVE $10,000,000,000,000.00 .... and we want to stay, and build sh.it like disneyland??? someone please tell me when we've had enough.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen
    what's the VALUE of success...that's the real question? at what point is enough, enough? think about the korean war. that's a war where we didn't continue the fight...and what was the end result??? now n. koreans are 4 inches taller than south koreans ?
    Actually S. Koreans are taller than N. Koreans. N. Korea is also a cesspool with close to the lowest standard of living in the world. Rolling brownouts are the norm there as is a lack of running water and any health care.

If we would have pushed the issue in Korea and removed the communists then we wouldnt have the problems with N. Korea that we have now. As it is, we fought 8 divisions of Chinese when me made the Inchon landings.

Now look at Afghanistan. If we finished the job in the 80's and early 90's then maybe Al Queda never forms and we dont have these issues with terrorism.

Now look at Iraq. If we finished the job in '91 then we wouldnt have the problems we have today.

Notice a trend here? A very long list of the US not finishing jobs it starts and it comes back to bite us in the butt. Why should we continue to do this to ourselves? When we start a job, we need to finish it, not just give up if it might be hard.

Why are people still voting?

Leisa and S. 4 Life NM?

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy
    Actually S. Koreans are taller than N. Koreans. N. Korea is also a cesspool with close to the lowest standard of living in the world. Rolling brownouts are the norm there as is a lack of running water and any health care.

If we would have pushed the issue in Korea and removed the communists then we wouldnt have the problems with N. Korea that we have now. As it is, we fought 8 divisions of Chinese when me made the Inchon landings.

Now look at Afghanistan. If we finished the job in the 80's and early 90's then maybe Al Queda never forms and we dont have these issues with terrorism.

Now look at Iraq. If we finished the job in '91 then we wouldnt have the problems we have today.

Notice a trend here? A very long list of the US not finishing jobs it starts and it comes back to bite us in the butt. Why should we continue to do this to ourselves? When we start a job, we need to finish it, not just give up if it might be hard.
    here's what i don't understand with some people's logic on iraq. everyone says "if we had've killed saddam back in the 90's then we wouldn't be there." not sure if ppl got the memo...but uh...he's dead now. by that logic, we achieved success back in 06'.

regardless as to who is taller or not...the point is "what's the value of success?" ok...so we didn't successfully unite north and south korea...SO! s. korea is our 4th largest trading partner & has the 13th largest economy in the world...regardless of of what issues we still have with n. korea. n. korea holds no legitimate threat to the U.S. and you know that. they fire off their missles and what not, but when's the first & last time you heard a report of some "korean terrorist" in the U.S.? the n. korean ppl have 3rd world standards of living....ok so let's spend $600B, give 4,000 U.S. troops funerals, and build a disneyland...that seems to be the right idea.

if communism is the major problem with n. korea, then what about china? are they not a communist country also? do we not borrow money from them? HOW MUCH MONEY DO WE OWE THEM? do they not have ppl living in less than ideal conditions? do they not have a MASSIVE military with insane capabilities? this notion that we have to clense the world of communism is just a lame excuse. the problem is the individual in power, not the system of government. china wasn't always this strong....chairman mao days... dude worked just like kim jong, and castro.

afghanistan...well hell, we were part of the problem. we gave them weapons and advocated al queda, so they could fight off the russians. we created our own problem, and now we're not even fighting it...we're too busy blowing up iraq.

i understand that finishing a job is important. that's more of the reason why we should be back in afghanistan and not trying to build disneyland's in iraq. we also have to understand that we create a lot of our own problems, and often go back years later and make things worse...that's the trend i notice.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234