Hmmmm... I dunno... not many of my mods were overly ghetto-fied... well.. Did a ghetto repair once, though... I had a cracked lower control arm on my old show car, before she was a show car. It wasn't broken, just a hairline crack. We discovered this in Tampa after I had smacked the hell out of a pothole. Sooooooo I got under there with two metal rods (about 1/4" in diameter and 6" long) and a roll of duct tape... lol my sports medicine background kicked in... hairline crack in bone, splint it! Hairline crack in LCA... splint it! So I put the rods on either side of the LCA and started wrapping... and wrapping... and wrapping. Used just about the whole roll of tape. But hey, it got me back to Athens. Of course, after we cut the "splint" off and went to remove the LCA the thing broke apart as soon as we loosened it from the sway bar, so I like to think I did a damn good ghetto repair...





Reply With Quote