Results 1 to 40 of 293

Thread: rb20s in s13s are gay

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    IA Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cumming
    Age
    38
    Posts
    97
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Wow, okay, Lets be a little more embarrasing car enthusists.
    The RB20 speaks for itself, Its an old ass engine. Its a good one for what it was back then. Nissan knows this and thats why we have the RB25 and RB26, 2 of the baddest engines around.

    And ultimately, its all about applications. A KA-T can outpower a CA18, but a CA18 is common for auto-X and drifters and obviously not for drag people. And honestly, I think the KA-T is being developed into one of the most powerful 240sx engines out there.

    Keep up with the current numbers being produced on Ka-t.org. These guys are squeezing huge amounts of power out of their KA's, getting good reliablity, and without spending a HUGE amount of money. And beyond that IVAN is hunting down the current SR20 record. And he'll prolly get it to with the set up he's going with.

    Its all preference, so what are you all bitching about. Go back in your garages and play with whatever engine you have and choose and have fun with it.

    And beyond that, Your galant isnt the hottest thing on the road, so you might wanna reality check yourself before you head gets so big it explodes.

  2. #2
    Rutspeed/b00b CreW BTLFED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Belview Insane Asylum
    Age
    49
    Posts
    30,776
    Rep Power
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicManG3
    And beyond that, Your galant isnt the hottest thing on the road, so you might wanna reality check yourself before you head gets so big it explodes.
    It's way hotter than a 240sx with an RB20 in it. The RB20 is still nothing but a boat anchor. If someone wants to put an RB25 or RB26 in their 240, thats cool IMO because they are atleast bigger displacement engines than what should be in the car, but why in the fuck would someone put something heavier in the front of a 240 and still have a 2 litre?! Because it's cheap. That shit is stupid. I would leave a KA24DE in the fucking thing before I would put an RB20 in it.
    --RIP Leisa. Forever In Our Hearts--

    --Val for President 1979-2007--
    --RIP Val, You will be missed--

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfBaked
    Anytime I'm driving south of I-20 in the perimeter, I play spot the white driver.

    Generally I don't count past 10.

  3. #3
    IA Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cumming
    Age
    38
    Posts
    97
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BTLFED
    It's way hotter than a 240sx with an RB20 in it. The RB20 is still nothing but a boat anchor. If someone wants to put an RB25 or RB26 in their 240, thats cool IMO because they are atleast bigger displacement engines than what should be in the car, but why in the fuck would someone put something heavier in the front of a 240 and still have a 2 litre?! Because it's cheap. That shit is stupid. I would leave a KA24DE in the fucking thing before I would put an RB20 in it.

    Did you read what I said? I said nothing in the RB20's defense, if you are going 6 cyl. go 2jz or atleast a RB25. I said give the engine props concitering how fucking old and outdated it is. BEYOND that, the RB20 is still a decent platform for A LOT of power. Thats why people still put them in. I dont know of anyone willing to spend money on a RB20 to keep it stock.

    READ before you rant.
    And I wasnt compairing his galant to a RB20 powered s13. All I know is I've seen far too many cars outpowering his to talk so boldly.

  4. #4
    Rutspeed/b00b CreW BTLFED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Belview Insane Asylum
    Age
    49
    Posts
    30,776
    Rep Power
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicManG3
    Did you read what I said? I said nothing in the RB20's defense, if you are going 6 cyl. go 2jz or atleast a RB25. I said give the engine props concitering how fucking old and outdated it is. BEYOND that, the RB20 is still a decent platform for A LOT of power. Thats why people still put them in. I dont know of anyone willing to spend money on a RB20 to keep it stock.

    READ before you rant.
    And I wasnt compairing his galant to a RB20 powered s13. All I know is I've seen far too many cars outpowering his to talk so boldly.
    I wasn't ranting, I was stating my opinion, just like you were. Maybe you should do some fucking reading.
    --RIP Leisa. Forever In Our Hearts--

    --Val for President 1979-2007--
    --RIP Val, You will be missed--

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfBaked
    Anytime I'm driving south of I-20 in the perimeter, I play spot the white driver.

    Generally I don't count past 10.

  5. #5
    Smart Went Crazy skillzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Roswell
    Posts
    910
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BTLFED
    It's way hotter than a 240sx with an RB20 in it. The RB20 is still nothing but a boat anchor. If someone wants to put an RB25 or RB26 in their 240, thats cool IMO because they are atleast bigger displacement engines than what should be in the car, but why in the fuck would someone put something heavier in the front of a 240 and still have a 2 litre?! Because it's cheap. That shit is stupid. I would leave a KA24DE in the fucking thing before I would put an RB20 in it.
    Its funny to me how closely this mimics the Super Street RB25 install article, almost word for word. Your memory is like a steel trap.

    And youve GOT to be shitting me, the KA-T becoming the one of the most powerful motors for a 240? Theres 10 I can think of that Id rather swap in, the RB20 being one of them.

    KA-T ftl all day long.


  6. #6
    Rutspeed/b00b CreW BTLFED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Belview Insane Asylum
    Age
    49
    Posts
    30,776
    Rep Power
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skillzilla
    Its funny to me how closely this mimics the Super Street RB25 install article, almost word for word. Your memory is like a steel trap.

    And youve GOT to be shitting me, the KA-T becoming the one of the most powerful motors for a 240? Theres 10 I can think of that Id rather swap in, the RB20 being one of them.

    KA-T ftl all day long.
    WTF are you talking about? I haven't read Super Street in YEARS. It's called simple logic. The fact that you say this is the same thing as they were saying just shows me that they might actually finally be coming to their sences instead of just featuring a bunch of ricer garbage, which is what made me stop reading it in the first place. I only read Sport Compact Car.
    --RIP Leisa. Forever In Our Hearts--

    --Val for President 1979-2007--
    --RIP Val, You will be missed--

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfBaked
    Anytime I'm driving south of I-20 in the perimeter, I play spot the white driver.

    Generally I don't count past 10.

  7. #7
    Jay G. 1439/2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Location, Location...
    Posts
    6,375
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicManG3

    And beyond that, Your galant isnt the hottest thing on the road, so you might wanna reality check yourself before you head gets so big it explodes.
    Who the fuck are you? I've owned PLENTY of nice Nissans. I just picked a better platform for what I want to do.

    Go drift into a glacier.

  8. #8
    Rutspeed/b00b CreW BTLFED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Belview Insane Asylum
    Age
    49
    Posts
    30,776
    Rep Power
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1439/2000
    Who the fuck are you? I've owned PLENTY of nice Nissans. I just picked a better platform for what I want to do.

    Go drift into a glacier.
    Now for the comedy gold: This douche was born in 1988. I bought my CRX in 1996. When I started doing import performance this fag wasn't even double digits in age yet!

    That should tell you how much his opinion means, Jay!
    --RIP Leisa. Forever In Our Hearts--

    --Val for President 1979-2007--
    --RIP Val, You will be missed--

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfBaked
    Anytime I'm driving south of I-20 in the perimeter, I play spot the white driver.

    Generally I don't count past 10.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
Announcement
Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!