Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IA RX-7 meet

Senior Member | IA Veteran  OneSlow5pt0's Avatar

anyone need a FC repair manual?

So its on the 23rd right??.. That way I can tell my wife so we don't go to church lol.. Oh and I got sum backseats ill trade for some interior pieces.. And some other stuff I got ill take.. I'm going to tell all my friends..
    Peek-a-boo mofucka what now?!

Ok so I have told atleast 13 people already.. I think that shuld b good for now..

Quote Originally Posted by driftjunior
    So its on the 23rd right??.. That way I can tell my wife so we don't go to church lol.. Oh and I got sum backseats ill trade for some interior pieces.. And some other stuff I got ill take.. I'm going to tell all my friends..

Backseats for FC? or FD?

Quote Originally Posted by Five*Star*
    Backseats for FC? or FD?
    or FB?

^^ Yeah, I drew a frame of a man running on each fan blade. That is him running at idle

Rotary Adrenaline

FC gray back seats???

I have a full grey rear interior for a FC, should I bring it for anybody who is interested in buying or trading for it?
    Car:
    1994 FD RX7
    Inspired by Car Make T&E Japan (Team Vertex Design)

Driver:
    Jonathan Togans
    US Navy Ordnanceman (IYAOYAS)
    Strike Fighter Squadron 115
    NAF Atsugi Japan
    Embarked upon the USS George Washington

Throwing this out there fir any FD guys coming...

I want an Apex n1 or HKS hipower to trade for my Peter Farell Supercars catback. It's too quiet for me even though it sounds great.

Rotary Adrenaline

Im only interested in the back seats and seatbelts for the rear seats. Would be handy for when I hang out with my cousin and nephew. What are you looking for in trade or how much do you want?

Put me down as game. Should be enough time for me to get my DD FC running fine. Having problems when I'm in 2nd gear approaching 3k rpms starts to buck hard as if it was starving for fuel. Fuel pump and filter were replaced, and I have done a fuel pressure test and everything is coming up fine. Anyone have suggestions? I would really like to come out with this FC.

Quote Originally Posted by Brut
    Put me down as game. Should be enough time for me to get my DD FC running fine. Having problems when I'm in 2nd gear approaching 3k rpms starts to buck hard as if it was starving for fuel. Fuel pump and filter were replaced, and I have done a fuel pressure test and everything is coming up fine. Anyone have suggestions? I would really like to come out with this FC.
    have the injectors cleaned and blueprinted for < $100?

^^ Yeah, I drew a frame of a man running on each fan blade. That is him running at idle

Are you premixing? You should not be running lean on an NA 13b at that rpm. Stock they run very rich. I would pull your plugs to check them. My guess is that they are fould and need to be replaced.

They are FC backseats and are burgundy maybe swap for a good working stereo or s5 interior pieces plus cash...

i'll be there

Quote Originally Posted by sc0rp7
    FC gray back seats???
    I have a set if you are interested.

2013 Corsa Blue Optima SX 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by wanksta
    i'll be there
    In the FC I hope .

Quote Originally Posted by driftjunior
    They are FC backseats and are burgundy maybe swap for a good working stereo or s5 interior pieces plus cash...
    LOL. Backseats are overrated. Strip that shit!
    Honda RC51 SP1
    Yoshi RS-3 Cans
    520 Conversion
    Clip Ons
    Race Tech Fork Kit

Rotary Adrenaline

haha... been there, done that... this is my daily...

Brut, only happens in second gear at that rpm? do you have a turbo FC? If you do, I would check the boost sensor (maybe try a known good one) ... sounds like as soon as you are hitting boost it's cutting out... If its N/A... well lemme know and I'll see what I can come up with...

- Chris

Quote Originally Posted by 87 Turbo II
    have the injectors cleaned and blueprinted for < $100?
    A bunch of local rx7 club members and I were working on it. I brought the issue of the injectors but the said they don't think thats it. One member told me to go to wal mart and buy some Techron its a fuel injector cleaner. I never use fuel injector cleaners, because I heard from people that they hardly do anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 1439/2000
    Are you premixing? You should not be running lean on an NA 13b at that rpm. Stock they run very rich. I would pull your plugs to check them. My guess is that they are fould and need to be replaced.
    I didn't bother pulling the plugs because these are brand new. I just go the car started it hasn't been running for the past 4 years. I'll pull them after work tomorrow and check everything out.

Also this FC is a 91 NA sorry no turbo here lol

A bunch of local rx7 club members and I were working on it. I brought the issue of the injectors but the said they don't think thats it. One member told me to go to wal mart and buy some Techron its a fuel injector cleaner. I never use fuel injector cleaners, because I heard from people that they hardly do anything at all.

I didn't bother pulling the plugs because these are brand new. I just go the car started it hasn't been running for the past 4 years. I'll pull them after work tomorrow and check everything out.

Also this FC is a 91 NA sorry no turbo here lol
    well if nothing s working, send the injectors out to be professionally cleaned. It might be the secondaries, since it happens at a certain RPM (I forgot when the secondaries fire though).

Rotary Adrenaline

Secondaries come "online" at about 3450 rpms, or about 3600-3700 according to the stock tachometer (stock tachometer isnt very accurate).

I wouldnt suspect the injectors either, but it is a possibility. I'll start doing some research and brainstorming and let ya know what I can come up with.

- Chris

Ill be there on a new set of wheels. Ive got two sets to choose from and its hard.lol. Also i should have some new carbon fiber interior parts as well.
    Try not. Do or Do not.

Check that the TPS is not out of range.

Quote Originally Posted by Trini4U
    Check that the TPS is not out of range.
    I need to replace the TPS as of right now. It had a erratic idle after the accelerated warm up system is finished. It would rev from 1.2 to about 1.5 then drop down to 1.2 and repeat the process again. I unplugged the TPS and it stopped the idle issue. So I know I need a TPS, one of the members from rx7 club is going to bring his spare S5 ecu and plug it up and see if that could be one of the problems.

Edit: To answer another question that was asked if it only happened in 2nd gear. The answer is no, I can freely drive first all the way to redline I shifted into 2nd at 3k and then I shifted quickly into 3rd when I approached about 2.4k rpms and then when I started to get close to 3k or 2.5k ( I forgot) it started to buck again. The check engine light only comes on when I am driving. So I went and did the whole jumper thing to see what code it was throwing. I do the jump thing get into the car turn the key to ign all the lights turn on, the check engine light flash one time but then stays on constantly. It doesn't flash anymore nor cycle threw like it should.
    Last edited by Brut; 10-30-2008 at 05:55 PM.

Rotary Adrenaline

S5? do you have the omp plugged in? I have been really busy at work, but when I get some more time, I will get back to you.

Blitanicle 99... lol that is the reason why I'm going to sell or trade the Backseats.. Anyone got a s5 rubber stereo surround?? Or block off plates?? Will trade for block off plates lol.. Let me kno. I have some more stuff as well.. And does anyone know y my motor sounds like if it is knocking?? Maybe apex seals scratchin the housing or culd it my 5th and 6th port jiggling around?? I took off my actuators for the 5th and 6th port.. Help?? Lol..

Why did you do that to the ports? Good bye low end torque(it's been proven, just ask moderator Aaron Cake on 7club). also, do you know what the ports look like? There is nothing to jiggle, it's a sleeve that fits in the block very snugly. Check your ignition timing, your plugs, and your coil packs. Could be mis-firing. And re-attach those port actuators. Wiring them open =now low end torque, wiring them closed = less end power.

Car is fixed w00t w00t. I'll explain in person what was wrong to much to type. But I need some rear calipers though

Car is fixed w00t w00t. I'll explain in person what was wrong to much to type. But I need some rear calipers though

I have some from a 5 lug car. I have a whole 5-lug conversion if someone is interested.

(4o4) 452-7691

Any other FD people coming? I know we have a few of them on the site but nobody has really posted. 13b racer, Upsidedowndesi, YoshiFC3s (i think is out of state now)....etc etc.

^IA's most loved^ UpSideDownDesi's Avatar

I should be there, FD might not be finished.

If your car doesnt sell by then bring it out for sure.

Certified Gearhead

i should be there just deciding to get my car tuned or not but yeah so its the 23rd at 12 noon right? can i bring friends too? non rx7 friends

Quote Originally Posted by BLAKOUTD
    i should be there just deciding to get my car tuned or not but yeah so its the 23rd at 12 noon right? can i bring friends too? non rx7 friends
    I invited a 240 owner. I think the 7s should park together though for photo purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by 87 Turbo II
    I invited a 240 owner. I think the 7s should park together though for photo purposes.

Anybody can come but the RX-7s need to all be parked together, ideally oldest to newest for so good pictures. Since I kinda took charge I'll probably be there early over by the wall with the graffiti on it.

I'd want people to actually buy food too and we can eat out there by the cars so nobody gets booted or we dont get loitering tickets.

Certified Gearhead

damn i didn't know we are doin a photoshoot my fd looks like shit i recently got in a wreck but its still drivable but body wise its shit

damn i didn't know we are doin a photoshoot my fd looks like shit i recently got in a wreck but its still drivable but body wise its shit
    FDs can't look bad, it just isn't possible.

Certified Gearhead

oh trust me man it can. spinning out at 80mph and going into a ditch yes it can.

oh trust me man it can. spinning out at 80mph and going into a ditch yes it can.
    Ehh bring it out. Its not a photoshoot per se. Its all just for fun not for trophies.

i will be out there in my fc.
    soon to be incredibly jdm. :boobies:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast