Thread: this is what can happen when you waive someone through traffic

Certified Gearhead

Default this is what can happen when you waive someone through traffic

I was hit yesterday on my RC51 by a guy that was pulling out a parking lot through stopped traffic, someone waived him through to meet me head on in the turning lane. Since then I have seen like 5 people do this shit. On the bright side I'll soon be in the market for another 1000 so let me know what you got. Wreck Pics Slideshow by combel43 | Photobucket

Page not found. The person who waived them through can be found at fault.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Bitches love bacon.

Certified Gearhead

That happened to my mom. She had just gotten her 05 Volvo S60 in damn nice shape (used of course) and she was wanting to leave a bank parking lot and pull onto a busy street going left, so she'd have to cross one lane, then the turning lane to get into her lane. The guy is driving a bigger pickup truck and stops before the intersection (their light is red anyways) so she can get out so she goes to pull out and when she does, someone is coming down the turning lane and slams right into her front bumper. Of course the guy takes off so they can't bust his ass when the police get there.

Anytime I'm coming down a street like that and I see someone stopped like that, obviously to let someone in or whatever, I always slow down and creep up on the area in case someone is trying to get out so I'll be able to react and stop if someone is pulling out.

I go through an intersection like that everyday and it's amazing how many people frantically wave me on. Most of the time they're right, but one time in particular i would have been t-boned by a marta bus if I went. Needless to say, I don't pay attention unless I can see it with my own eyes. Get a lot of nasty looks ignoring them, but I know any one of those motherfuckers would just drive away briskly if I wound up getting hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Page not found. The person who waived them through can be found at fault.

Negative, the person driving has to yield oncoming traffic and must make sure is all clear before advancing...I would love to see a cite from where you think the person waiving someone to come on can be held at fault.
    Loving life

lost 3'' in 3 hrs!!! 1moreaccord's Avatar

Glad you're alright!

Hate it when ppl "wave" me on - I never go b/c I'm the one in control of my car and I won't be responsible for colliding with someone I can't see.

I never trust anyone but myself on the road. People waive me on, great, i make the assessment for myself first

Sucks man glad youre ok
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by JaBlah View Post
    Negative, the person driving has to yield oncoming traffic and must make sure is all clear before advancing...I would love to see a cite from where you think the person waiving someone to come on can be held at fault.
    Thats where you are wrong sir. You can be cited for creating an unsafe condition resulting in an accident. While its ultimately the other persons responsibility to look and be sure for themselves, if you waived them through and it wasnt clear you can be cited.

Bitches love bacon.

^ how ever that does not absolve the person pulling out from responsibility. Both will get ticketed and possibly an ass whooping.
    Try not. Do or Do not.

Quote Originally Posted by eraser4g63 View Post
    ^ how ever that does not absolve the person pulling out from responsibility. Both will get ticketed and possibly an ass whooping.
    Like my post said it is the crossing persons ultimate responsibility to make sure its clear.

Bitches love bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Thats where you are wrong sir. You can be cited for creating an unsafe condition resulting in an accident. While its ultimately the other persons responsibility to look and be sure for themselves, if you waived them through and it wasnt clear you can be cited.

Show me a cite,I have the OCGA book
    Loving life