Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toyota / Lexus Group Meets

Official Gator Hater Lucky DAWG's Avatar

Default Toyota / Lexus Group Meets

i dunno if anyone has been doing it for only these two makes but i want to start up a group of people getting together on a monthly or bimonthly basis...

i currently own a 1996 Black Lexus SC400

anyone interested in this concept???
    bc personally i think the Honda and Acura boys need a run for the money, the overwhelming number of civics and accords i see is depressing

i'm thinkin the group would be center in Cobb County

maybe meet up on Barrett Parkway, this is totally flexible though and only idea

please express interest here

Is Scion included? If so, I may be down.

Sounds like a good plan some people over on supraforums meet every once in a while at a Starbucks with some supras and lexus cars but I have not had a chance to go to one of those meets yet. I have a 1989 supra turbo.

www.seloc.net is your friend...
    Val For President
    R.I.P. Our Dear Leisa..

ASAP N.E. Chapter VP

No more supra
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

NIKON Squad member| NikonD40

i been noobified... O.o happyhooder's Avatar

hey i'm down...

i might check out some seloc meets in a few months... kinda gotta gather some things first...

seloc is a joke now adays

no one ever talks in there, any lexus owners go to clublexus.com, seloc was run over by people who did nothing but backstabbing and interest in meetings has dropped

and plus its only for lexus... i want to make it for both lexus and toyota to spread the interest

im serious about this though, theres way too much honda action going on here and we need to show that theres competition in other makes

are u guys located near Barrett Parkway???

and hell yea your scion can come dude

anything with the heart of TRD is welcome... please leave me a pm if you are serious about getting something like this started

also it might not be a bad idea to try and merge with those supra owners, i love that car

im gonna post this same ad in the meets section, i think it will get a bit more publicity there and gather more potential interest

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky SC

no one ever talks in there, any lexus owners go to clublexus.com, seloc was run over by people who did nothing but backstabbing and interest in meetings has dropped

and plus its only for lexus... i want to make it for both lexus and toyota to spread the interest

im serious about this though, theres way too much honda action going on here and we need to show that theres competition in other makes

anything with the heart of TRD is welcome... please leave me a pm if you are serious about getting something like this started
    Have you ever BEEN to a meet to make such an assumption? Your listening to people who have no clue.
    Yeah we are dead, we didn't do TWO of these just this year
    http://forums.importatlanta.com/show...ighlight=seloc

Yeah, we didn't go to NOPI and win big for the 4th time in 5 years.
    Yearh, we didn't help plan LEXFEST in Atlanta. Did you even go (NOPE)?
    http://www.lexfest.net/

Who did the backstabbing? What the hell are you talking about?

You need to respect and recognize who has been laying it down in Atlanta and the SOUTHEAST for the past 5 years.

Have you been to a SELOC Super show?

What have YOU done?
    Vossen CV3 20x9 & 20x10.5

well i was being nice to you the other day though bud and tried to be respectful to you and i already cleared up our differences with you on the other post i had

but since you had to follow me here too and keep hassling me then hey here we go

after the post a number of people on here have sent me a pm about how they have gone to the meets and treated nicely only to learn that on the site through pm's and various other resources that they were made a joke of and ridiculed

i'm not naming names bc i'm not going to go and rat someone else out or emberass them bc its their own business

but im making something of my own, and considering lots of respected members at Club Lexus have told me the same thing, its not a far fetched idea

already cleared this shit up with you on the post in the meetings section, so please leave now

Proud to be Retrosexual Jaimecbr900's Avatar

after the post a number of people on here have sent me a pm about how they have gone to the meets and treated nicely only to learn that on the site through pm's and various other resources that they were made a joke of and ridiculed
    Don't be a pussy, if you are gonna be man enough to make a comment about something, then be big enough to point out WHO you are referring to. Otherwise, you and your "sources" are full of shit.

We can all stand here and point fingers at people we don't even know or have ever hung out with or have ever even gone to a meet with all the while hiding behind a "he said something"......that's bullshit and a chicken shit way out. Wanna call out somebody as "lame"??? Then either pull up your own boot straps and say that is YOUR opinion or name your "source". That way we know who the real gossipers are.

i'm not naming names bc i'm not going to go and rat someone else out or emberass them bc its their own business

Don't be a pussy. If you really wanted "someone's business" to remain private, you wouldn't have said anything stupid at all.

Now you have, so don't be a pussy about it.

but im making something of my own, and considering lots of respected members at Club Lexus have told me the same thing, its not a far fetched idea
    Ironic, how it's obviously YOU who is the noob on both SELOC and CL since SELOC was basically spawned out of CL and just about all SELOC members are members in CL and vice versa.

You wanna make something of your own??? Not a smart idea to bad mouth LEXUS owners who have been representing WAY before you even came around. We know most of the Lexus enthusiasts in Atlanta and beyond. Most are not smart mouths like you and therefore get along with everyone just fine.

Mr. Johnnycomelately......we've been doing bi-monthly meets for YEARS now. YEARS. Sometimes we have 5 people attend, sometimes we have 50. We've done joint meets with everyone from Supras to MB to S2000's to Scions to BMW's to 3sm. We're so "dead" that we organized 2 Super Meets with HUNDREDS of attendees, 2 joint track days also with TONS of ATTENDEES, 1 East Coast LEXUS meet where we had people from as far away as New York come AND were given exclusive LEXUS ONLY corral by TEAM LEXUS at this year's Petit Lemans at Road Atlanta......THIS YEAR...Not EVER.....THIS year. That's not even to mention our annual NOPI Nats representation.....which this year we shared with our friends from the 3sm club.

HMMMM......"DEAD", huh????

You and your "source" are obviously well informed......

IA Member

Just curious why you would NOT try and see what SELOC is about?

I saw a post in the interweb....... not always the best way to get information

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimecbr900
    Don't be a pussy, if you are gonna be man enough to make a comment about something, then be big enough to point out WHO you are referring to. Otherwise, you and your "sources" are full of shit.

We can all stand here and point fingers at people we don't even know or have ever hung out with or have ever even gone to a meet with all the while hiding behind a "he said something"......that's bullshit and a chicken shit way out. Wanna call out somebody as "lame"??? Then either pull up your own boot straps and say that is YOUR opinion or name your "source". That way we know who the real gossipers are.

Don't be a pussy. If you really wanted "someone's business" to remain private, you wouldn't have said anything stupid at all.

Now you have, so don't be a pussy about it.

Ironic, how it's obviously YOU who is the noob on both SELOC and CL since SELOC was basically spawned out of CL and just about all SELOC members are members in CL and vice versa.

You wanna make something of your own??? Not a smart idea to bad mouth LEXUS owners who have been representing WAY before you even came around. We know most of the Lexus enthusiasts in Atlanta and beyond. Most are not smart mouths like you and therefore get along with everyone just fine.

Mr. Johnnycomelately......we've been doing bi-monthly meets for YEARS now. YEARS. Sometimes we have 5 people attend, sometimes we have 50. We've done joint meets with everyone from Supras to MB to S2000's to Scions to BMW's to 3sm. We're so "dead" that we organized 2 Super Meets with HUNDREDS of attendees, 2 joint track days also with TONS of ATTENDEES, 1 East Coast LEXUS meet where we had people from as far away as New York come AND were given exclusive LEXUS ONLY corral by TEAM LEXUS at this year's Petit Lemans at Road Atlanta......THIS YEAR...Not EVER.....THIS year. That's not even to mention our annual NOPI Nats representation.....which this year we shared with our friends from the 3sm club.

HMMMM......"DEAD", huh????

You and your "source" are obviously well informed......
    well u prob want me to start flippin shits right now but i dont take offense to what you said

bc point is im not bringing other people into this argument for my own sake to prove my worth to you

u can think im a pussy, i really dont care
    and no i have no problem with you or the other dude (mod over at seloc)... based on what a number of people have told me it sounds like it has lost its fun at seloc

not saying ur a d-bag or anything like that
    but like i said your entitled to your opinion as am i, bc frankly its not worth fighting with you over the internet bc of what i've heard about seloc

anyways,
    have a good christmas

IA Member

hhmmm i'm part of SELOC (have been for a few yrs now), i have a 99 Toyota Solara... my gf is too and she drives a 05 Scion tC.... last time i went to a SELOC gathering a lot of SELOC members had a BMWs, TransAm (yeah, the AMERICAN car, not an import), 240 Nissan, 4Runners, Navigator, etc.... sooo ... hhmm wait, are we talking about the same SELOC?? Granted I haven't gone to any of their meetings in the last month or so, but I constantly get emails for party invitations, Xmas cards, etc... man, are you talking about a different SELOC? It sure don't sound like the SELOC I know and if you don't think I'm a reliable source of information, pm me and I'll gladly invite you to a next meet without revealing your identity and then you can come up with your own conclusions... I tend to bring different friends all the time and if you at any point think I'm BSing you, feel free to talk as much trash as you want about me in this forum but please don't make assumptions on what others tell you. The invitation is OPEN and has no expiration date

Originally posted by Lucky SC
    currently own a 1996 Black Lexus SC400

anyone interested in this concept???
    bc personally i think the Honda and Acura boys need a run for the money, the overwhelming number of civics and accords i see is depressing
    You sir, are a fucking prick. Maybe if you spent less time talking shit & hating, you wouldn't of missed the meets in the past people here have told you about. I don't understand all this hate on non riced Acura's/Honda's . Even if my car is the minority in meets, i still have respect for the others there. This is coming from a former toyota owner.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkCD5
    You sir, are a fucking prick. Maybe if you spent less time talking shit & hating, you wouldn't of missed the meets in the past people here have told you about. I don't understand all this hate on non riced Acura's/Honda's . Even if my car is the minority in meets, i still have respect for the others there. This is coming from a former toyota owner.

point of me saying that is to get a little competition going

nothing wrong with honda/acura, all i'm saying is that we should get another group for toyota and lexus in cobby county bc i hardly ever see any

its saying that you honda and acura guys are doing something right if anything to organize yourselves

Quote Originally Posted by that1mexguy
    hhmmm i'm part of SELOC (have been for a few yrs now), i have a 99 Toyota Solara... my gf is too and she drives a 05 Scion tC.... last time i went to a SELOC gathering a lot of SELOC members had a BMWs, TransAm (yeah, the AMERICAN car, not an import), 240 Nissan, 4Runners, Navigator, etc.... sooo ... hhmm wait, are we talking about the same SELOC?? Granted I haven't gone to any of their meetings in the last month or so, but I constantly get emails for party invitations, Xmas cards, etc... man, are you talking about a different SELOC? It sure don't sound like the SELOC I know and if you don't think I'm a reliable source of information, pm me and I'll gladly invite you to a next meet without revealing your identity and then you can come up with your own conclusions... I tend to bring different friends all the time and if you at any point think I'm BSing you, feel free to talk as much trash as you want about me in this forum but please don't make assumptions on what others tell you. The invitation is OPEN and has no expiration date
    and nah i wouldn't do that to you dude, you seem very cool

and i apologize for rubbin elbows with SELOC like this, i just went on assumptions from what other people have been telling me. I should come see it myself instead of listening to them

i think i will have to take you up on that offer if i dont get lynched lol

well u prob want me to start flippin shits right now but i dont take offense to what you said
    No, what I want you to do is not talk about people you don't even know. You're more than welcomed to come out to any of our meets and make up your own mind about what we are and aren't. Ask people who have BEEN to one of our meets, NOT someone who's never been. How would they know anything? Use common sense.

bc point is im not bringing other people into this argument for my own sake to prove my worth to you
    Then don't use their opinions as your own. It's obvious that he/she is not well informed about us, so why would you want to form an opinion around that? Name who it is and I can probably tell you exactly why they're saying that. I'm willing to bet that he/she has never been to one of our meets and is disgruntled about something totally not affiliated with SELOC. Wanna bet?

u can think im a pussy, i really dont care
    and no i have no problem with you or the other dude (mod over at seloc)... based on what a number of people have told me it sounds like it has lost its fun at seloc
    There you go again using what "other" people tell you.

Again, come out and make up your own mind about what we are and what we aren't. THEN have an opinion.

anyways,
    have a good christmas
    You do the same.

-zen motors-

wow. i can feel the love in here.

lucky SC.. good idea..POOR ATTEMPT. you should probably go back to the drawing boards and come up with a new strategy.

btw. FUCK SELOC. LEXOTIC CONCEPTS FOR LIFE!!! lol.. j/k i love u guys.

ya see... i started a car club called Lexotic Concepts. We are still around, but not too strong in the south. Seloc has always had open arms and been very cool to me and have invited me to roll with them any time any where. i will even rep SELOC if i attend any functions with them.

if anything, i am a part of SELOC and Lexotic. can't quite dog out on the club i started.. lol

anyways.. the car scene isn't about who is better, its about the passion for building cars and making friends. your approach is def. not gonna make you any friends.

i hope you see the errors in your ways and come to your senses. SELOC has a great group and you'd be a fool to not see for yourself.

yea like i said i apologize for being outspoken and relying on other's words instead of my own eyes

and as i said before i'd like to come check out a seloc meet with the permission of sicklex and jaime, i dont want to get shot lol

i think i'm giving up on the idea of starting a club anyways, im goin to college out of state next fall and need to focus on other things, so time will most likely be an issue

-zen motors-

yea like i said i apologize for being outspoken and relying on other's words instead of my own eyes

and as i said before i'd like to come check out a seloc meet with the permission of sicklex and jaime, i dont want to get shot lol

i think i'm giving up on the idea of starting a club anyways, im goin to college out of state next fall and need to focus on other things, so time will most likely be an issue

glad you are mature enough to see the light. good luck in school and hope you show up at a meet sometime. i promise i'll leave my weapons at home...

IA Member

That is the beauty of SELOC, you don't need permission or even an invite, just show up.

I've been rolling with them for a few years and don't own a lexus. You won't get shot, I'll tease the shit out of you and hump your leg, but nothing more.

Come out, attempt to have fun, make up your own mind about us. If you like it, hang out, if not, don't. Easy enough.

Hope to see you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by GGPIS3
    i promise i'll leave my weapons at home...

hey keep those guns ready if he decides to start humping my leg hahaha

jp with ya man

but seriously, i'll keep a good eye on my leg

Do come out to any of our get togethers. We welcome anyone to come. The more the merrier. Like I said, sometimes we have few, sometimes we have lots....but we always have fun hanging out and talking about everything...sometimes we even talk about cars....LOL

SELOC has always been first about Lexus and second about hanging out with friends REGARDLESS of what they drive. If they're into cars, they're cool with us. Guys/Ladies/Black/White/Brown/and Bags.... ....We're all friends outside the net, hence our quickness to get defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimecbr900
    Do come out to any of our get togethers. We welcome anyone to come. The more the merrier. Like I said, sometimes we have few, sometimes we have lots....but we always have fun hanging out and talking about everything...sometimes we even talk about cars....LOL

SELOC has always been first about Lexus and second about hanging out with friends REGARDLESS of what they drive. If they're into cars, they're cool with us. Guys/Ladies/Black/White/Brown/and Bags.... ....We're all friends outside the net, hence our quickness to get defensive.
    appreciate it man
    i'll come out in january or atleast february

are u still doing the sunday meet on the 7th
    someone told me you are only doing the friday night meets now

bein in highschool friday is my one party night lol so sundays would be awesome

-zen motors-

LIRL. you're in high school???? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

well.. now your demeanor makes more sense. take it easy on the kid guys. he just doesn't know any better. at least he came to his senses.. can't say that about most high schoolers.

don't be getting all high and mighty simply bc u are now out of high school
    you were once in it too

Originally posted by GGPIS3
    LIRL. you're in high school???? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

well.. now your demeanor makes more sense. take it easy on the kid guys. he just doesn't know any better. at least he came to his senses.. can't say that about most high schoolers.
    You do realize that they're some highschoolers that know better than others out of high school

You do realize that they're some highschoolers that know better than others out of high school
    right on buddy

good talkin to you on aim today man, contact me tomorrow if you need more info

hope you decide to go the 1JZ or 2JZ route, its a fun one

dude u got any extra sc parts laying around forsale?..

nakamichi speakers and head unit, thats bout it

roflcopter V-Spec II

Get this goddamned garbage out of the Toyota section.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Nismo's Avatar

I have a Scion and I work at Lexus. Can I join the club?
    Quote Originally Posted by blackboi50
    white power!!!!!! .....1

gave up on idea, im checkin out SELOC and other local clubs

:-P

thanks though nismo

-zen motors-

don't be getting all high and mighty simply bc u are now out of high school
    you were once in it too
    lirl. high and almighty? well lets see.. i graduated hs in 94, graduated from college in 2000 with a bachelors of science and a double major, been working and living on my own for a good 6 years. haven't lived at home with mommy and daddy for 12 years... i wouldn't call that high and almighty, just a few or alot of steps ahead of you. you are right, i was once in it, but that was a lifetime ago. i have been out of high school for almost as long as you've been alive.

i was actually stickin up for you in my own way.
    Last edited by GGPIS3; 01-01-2007 at 12:06 PM.

-zen motors-

i do realize that and if you re-read what i wrote, you would see that i said he came to his senses. maybe if you could see past the tree you would see the forest behind it.

btw. i know plenty of younger guys who act very mature. one guy in particular is my boy john, sn = drmcivicsi. probably one of the smartest, most mature 17 yr olds i've ever met. he is welcome in my house whenever and i treat him for the most part like a friend and not a kid. sometimes i do have to lay the law down though haha..

wow I have just now seen the responses.. and I have been to quite a few of the SELOC meets.. they are a great group of people.. and welcome us supra owners with open arms..
    Val For President
    R.I.P. Our Dear Leisa..

ASAP N.E. Chapter VP

No more supra
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

NIKON Squad member| NikonD40

roflcopter V-Spec II

lol I fucked up and forgot to delete the re-direct.......can a WL mod edit the thread and get rid of that? Since I moved it I have no control.....

hey seloc mods

is it still happenin next sunday, or only on the 17th or 19th or w/e it was?

Im down, and im sure chnco, my roommate, will be as well ( GS400 and single MKIV Supra turbo).

Quote Originally Posted by xXnimbusXx
    dude u got any extra sc parts laying around forsale?..
    About to have some lowering springs for sale.

hey seloc mods

is it still happenin next sunday, or only on the 17th or 19th or w/e it was?
    The 3rd Friday every month. Starbucks on Piedmont rd across from Copelands in the Kroger shopping center. 7pm
    Vossen CV3 20x9 & 20x10.5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast