Results 1 to 40 of 42

Thread: POST REDLINE INVITATIONAL FEEDBACK

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member JASONBALL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    columbus GA
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,981
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    There were seven categories on the score sheet. I can't member off the top of my head what they all were. but it was 10 points for each one. Winning and scoring is not all about how many mods are done. It is also how it is put together. Yes those two cars were kinda old to be mixed in the newer cars. I'm sure that will be adjusted next time. that is why I and I'm sure J Man appreciate your feedback on the show.

    I know the accord was fully restored from a pile of rust and corrosion. He had pictures with it in a book. He also had an engine swap. I didn't see one flaw in his paint job. The car was emmaclutley clean.

    The VW Bug sure it was a convertable but like I said before that there was confusion on where to class him. Just so happens that the hatch class was the closetest for him to compete in. That bug was highly modified. The frame and back portion of the body were extened 1 1/2 feet. it was also had a 3in chop on it. had a body drop. full custom interior. and the engine had 243 horses. it was not a stock engine. the only thing that was left orgianal was the block after modification. I'm sorry you left confused on how the point system worked. But it is the same point system that is used and most import shows. You have a very nice car. best tibby I have seen in a long time. You might win or place at other shows. But this time the points just didn't fal your way. I hope you continue to support the show in the future along with the rest of local shows in ATL and surrounding area.

  2. #2
    Certified Gearhead
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Ft Myers, FL
    Posts
    607
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    I will still be out supporting the shows where I can...I go to have fun and show off the car when I get a break from my busy work schedule...it just surprised me that nobody questioned why the VW was in a hatchback category when it clearlly wasn't...convertible or not that car is not a hatchback...it should have been in the import coupe class or an antique class don't ya think?...I saw a similiar thing happen at a previous show where a highlly modified car with bodykit, lambo doors, supercharger, etc. was put in the mild class instead of the wild class it should have been in and won over the other mild cars while the award for wild car wasn't even given out though that was the class he should have been in and won hands down...you can't win every show obviouslly but when technicallities like the above are involved it leaves you feeling like you missed out...hope to see you out there at the remaining shows and that the organizers of these shows will make sure the cars get put in the right classes...

  3. #3
    Certified Gearhead F8d2Blk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    49
    Posts
    561
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    I think the bug should of stayed home. Modified or not but I would rather see a slightly modded one, then the Banana on wheels. Well, I can't say much though because my car wasn't in the show but I am sure to take first place next year.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
Announcement
Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!