Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hot Import Nights and NOPI supershow - July 31-Aug 1

hmmm.

.:driftMechaniks:com:. down_shift's Avatar

wheres the spy shots. someone upload something.

dc5

I am really glad Nopi decided to come back to AMS, but timing is everything... Having it in July and a 4pm-11pm show time was a bad idea... The $55 registration fee is pretty good from what they charged in the past, but still pretty steep for sub par 200-300 car show... I really think the over-all car show scene has died sadly... Hopefully Nopi will regain the 5000+ car status, but I really doubt it... It was more about making money with Nopi rather than doing it for the car people.. Maybe it was intended that way in the beginning.. But things got out of hand... I mean I paid like nearly $90 for registration back in 2007. I attended Nopi since Lakewood days and it seemed like every year the entrance fee got more expensive... The height of nopi I think was 2000-03.. I remember people as far as CA and Canada would bring their cars here... ATL was the place to be for hot-ass imports.. Most people nowdays would rather go to a huge meet like Import Alliance and hangout for $10 for the entire weekend with 4800 cars vs hanging out for $55 entire weekend and waiting to be judged and etc... I just hope they don't lose too much money this weekend where they will have to cancel remaining events and not be able to put on Nopi Nats next year with the correct date/time/venue...

Certified Gearhead

X2 the best times for me was the year wen alot of peeps camped out up there

Certified Gearhead boosted4door's Avatar

NOPI was a big let down, all tho i still enjoyed myself i really think i like the idea of a late in the day show, the sun went down and wasn't as hot that was nice. but the overall turn out was really just sad. I think they should have done some more advertising seemed many people i talk to didn't even know it was here in ATL. Shouldn't have cost $25 a head with that turn out more like or 10 bucks at most, I hope they can get their stuff back together in the future.
    Its all a work in progress

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Axix23 View Post
    The $55 registration fee is pretty good from what they charged in the past, but still pretty steep for sub par 200-300 car show...
    Truth. I stood in the parking lot registration booth for quite a spell trying to decide if I wanted to enter or not because of the turn-out. I called Paul about 2-3 times to see how it looked on the inside. Honestly, I only went in because he had a spot for me in the main area. Then I was on the fence about going back today thinking is it really worth it driving back over there for that? My decision was really made when I realized I had left my second day ticket back at AMS. I don't think I can get in now and I'm not driving all the way over there to be told no.

I really think the over-all car show scene has died sadly...
    More than evident. And it doesn't take NOPI to see that. There are hardly any meets across town now. And no one ever talks about the ones that do happen like they did 5 years ago.

ATL was the place to be for hot-ass imports..
    Correction. Atlanta was the place to BRING "hot-ass imports." With the exception of a very few (in comparison to the amount here) nice cars in Atlanta, there were none here. The best looking cars at NOPI shows did not feature a Georgia license tag.

Most people nowdays would rather go to a huge meet like Import Alliance and hangout for $10 for the entire weekend with 4800 cars vs hanging out for $55 entire weekend and waiting to be judged and etc...
    I agree here as well. That's the only reason I went to NOPI. I went for the meet atmosphere. All I did yesterday was sit back and hang with homeboys. I didn't meander through the crowd, cars and vendors.

Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

I completely agree with you guys. I went a few years ago when I was a bit younger and at that time everything probably seemed a whole lot cooler than it really was. Having that expectation and coming this year, it was a total disappointment IMO. Just the whole show was disappointing. I wouldn't have even gone if it was $10. Not worth the trip. Nopi has become so unorganized now and they've gone downhill.

the show sucked there are more cars at the varsity on thursdays than it had
    Lsu tigers going # 1 again

im a organ donor :) 00 blk G20t's Avatar

varsity is free! respect.
    Best G20 SR2009 convention
    in attendance Nissan national convention 2010(Omaha, Nebraska)
    top 20 hotlanta autofest 09

dc5

Thats what I meant, "bring".. lol I think this is the first time QD agreed with me.. Is that your old skool civic in the 1 pic taken by RL?

this years nopi was downright sad....the cars sucked, dj sucked, bikini contest sucked, weather sucked, price sucked, turnout sucked=fail fail fail fail fail fail fail

dc5

Quote Originally Posted by RL... View Post
    this years nopi was downright sad....the cars sucked, dj sucked, bikini contest sucked, weather sucked, price sucked, turnout sucked=fail fail fail fail fail fail fail
    LOL

TheMyth

glad i didnt stop by there on the way to norcross yesterday. i was wandering how they were goin to do. i guess SUK explains it all. lol

IA Member

The Event Sucked. Folks I thought it was a car show for Imports hence the name H.I.N. / NOPI. Who hired the judges and what cars have they ever owned or builted...(no Bolt-ons) I showed my car which was like the only OLD SKOOL import(Fairlady Z) there with one off carbonfiber parts and I lost to garbage corolla's lol ....plus they had other V8's thrown in. I should hve just ran my car in the gymkahnna and be judged by my driving skills.. Hell i build fast cars that look good 1978 blue RX3 runs LOW 8's letting off. I hope NOPI cont. to go the direction its heading Forclosure/Bankrupt and stop hiding behind Hot. Import. Nights.....maybe the nopi chics that they pay very well where multi tasked to judge cars. lol

Quote Originally Posted by BITCHING View Post
    THE LAST REAL NOPI IT WAS PACKED @ ALL THE MOTELS THE NIGHT BEFORE THE SHOW
    Yep, 2007 was the end of an era lol
    www.MSSRACING.com - 99 Civic CX - Best ET: 9.53 / Best MPH: 160 - Competition Clutch - Arias Pistons - Coatings M.D. - Mahle-Clevite - ebtec - AHobbs Racing - JKOBD - TDC Performance
    Daily D: 2007 Dodge 2500 MEGA CAB, Cummins Turbo Diesel

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    I showed my car which was like the only OLD SKOOL import(Fairlady Z)
    No you weren't. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

IA Member

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
    No you weren't. Later, QD.
    So hmmm what other Old skool 240z was out there with carbon fiber hatch/hood/front spoiler/ with RB25det big turbo tuned 450hp Street Car...... Maybe the heat was blurring your vision but yeah it was the only Z (old skool)... By the looks of your posted pic you own the primerd civic with about 55hp to one wheel down hill. Nice..... when I grow up I will build one just like it.

So hmmm what other Old skool 240z was out there with carbon fiber hatch/hood/front spoiler/ with RB25det big turbo tuned 450hp Street Car...... Maybe the heat was blurring your vision but yeah it was the only Z (old skool)... By the looks of your posted pic you own the primerd civic with about 55hp to one wheel down hill. Nice..... when I grow up I will build one just like it.
    But you stated in this post that you were the only "old skool" import and you posted your car in parenthesis which makes it not the subject of the sentence. The subject is "old skool import" and not your car specifically. You weren't the only bad ass car out there that didn't win shit. No need to get butt hurt over not winning anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    Bitches love bacon.

I thought your car was nice, but your attitude sucks. If a plastic trophy is what it takes for you feel better about yourself, you have bigger issues.

I'm glad you didn't win anything.

IA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    But you stated in this post that you were the only "old skool" import and you posted your car in parenthesis which makes it not the subject of the sentence. The subject is "old skool import" and not your car specifically. You weren't the only bad ass car out there that didn't win shit. No need to get butt hurt over not winning anything.
    hmm butt hurt..... either your asking for your death wish or your just not good at typing. I hope you know who your talking to and that you can defend yourself on your own. If you would like to play then PM me for any event.... As for you bro if you wanna jump in and play hero.....bad idea. PM me if you feel froggy pup!

hmm butt hurt..... either your asking for your death wish or your just not good at typing. I hope you know who your talking to and that you can defend yourself on your own. If you would like to play then PM me for any event.... As for you bro if you wanna jump in and play hero.....bad idea. PM me if you feel froggy pup!
    Terroristic e-threats......classy. See, here is the problem boy. Your ego came on here and started complaining about your lack of taking a trophy home. Is that all you care about? I just so happen to have an old bowling trophy at home you can have for free. I will even engrave the words FUCK YOU right into that little metal plate on the front of it. You aren't the only person out there that dumped money into their cars and took home nothing but sore legs from walking around and sunburn. Get over yourself. As for knowing who I am talking to.....I wouldn't give a fuck if you were the Pope. Remind everyone who you are again? A nobody just like me and just like half the people on here. You are just a guy with a nice car and an attitude to rival that of a third grader....not getting your way. Napoleon complex is working great for you
    Bitches love bacon.

Terroristic e-threats......classy. See, here is the problem boy. Your ego came on here and started complaining about your lack of taking a trophy home. Is that all you care about? I just so happen to have an old bowling trophy at home you can have for free. I will even engrave the words FUCK YOU right into that little metal plate on the front of it. You aren't the only person out there that dumped money into their cars and took home nothing but sore legs from walking around and sunburn. Get over yourself. As for knowing who I am talking to.....I wouldn't give a fuck if you were the Pope. Remind everyone who you are again? A nobody just like me and just like half the people on here. You are just a guy with a nice car and an attitude to rival that of a third grader....not getting your way. Napoleon complex is working great for you
    Strong words from a strong man... Captain Insane-o.

i'd love to jump on the bandwagon of hate against you seven, but damn if i do. you seemed pretty chill when i met you at the turner event, and for you to get this rilled up over the internet, and what you should've known was going to be a bust show when you saw what else was there, is just sad. i'll move along now, as i dont see anything good coming out of trying to prove anything to you, or get into a e-penis contest.

as for the show, huge let down. guess i have to wait til fall IA to see some nice cars from other states/places.
    Blog / Don't Click
    Local Photographer
    I <3 Stupid People :boobies:

Import Alliance is coming back to Atlanta?
    Bitches love bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by e30pwr View Post
    i'd love to jump on the bandwagon of hate against you seven, but damn if i do. you seemed pretty chill when i met you at the turner event, and for you to get this rilled up over the internet, and what you should've known was going to be a bust show when you saw what else was there, is just sad. i'll move along now, as i dont see anything good coming out of trying to prove anything to you, or get into a e-penis contest.

as for the show, huge let down. guess i have to wait til fall IA to see some nice cars from other states/places.
    No hate here... I just don't understand why he got all riled up. It's Nopi... 'nuff said.

Import Alliance is coming back to Atlanta?
    nope. next IA is in nashville at the titans arena. i'll be there.
    Blog / Don't Click
    Local Photographer
    I <3 Stupid People :boobies:

dc5

Import Alliance is coming back in the Spring next year..

And to Seven, don't worry man, I gotten shafted soo many times b/c Nopi judges had no idea wtf they are looking at.. I don't need some neewb judge to tell me if my car is good enough to win some plastic... We who built our own cars the way we like it, thats win enough for me..

W.O.W.! Yeah, Seven has always been chill when we've met in person, but every time i see him post on here, it's like he has to prove his superiority.

But it amazes me even more that all these cars that get shafted never come to smaller grassroots and local events but complain when they don't get national recognition...

When the scene is all about making money (and this is not the first time I have seen you complain about not winning and money being involved) then you are here for the wrong reason..
    I'm just that guy that spends all his time printing.... T-shirts, banners, vinyl, etc.

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary.... that's what gets you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12