Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Importatlanta NBA THREAD - All things NBA offseason and current season

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jdm94Coupe View Post

BTW you are arguing offensive points to the best scoring team in the world. How much more ridiculous could you sound?
    Umm...... spurs. You need to devalue the regular season bruh... start judginh folks when its actually time to turn up.

Clips arent going to win a title during pauls career. Clips will be a 3 seed next year, fight to the death in rnd 1 and get sprung in rnd 2. Just like last year.

Spurs put on the offensive clinic of a lifetime vs a team known for its defensive prowess and you have the nerve to call the clips the best offense in the world. Smdh

If the Warriors had Bogut, I would have felt confident about Cp3 losing in the 1st round
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    If the Warriors had Bogut, I would have felt confident about Cp3 losing in the 1st round
    Same. I feel the clippers woes are so obvious.... i dont see why were debating anything. The only substantial argument that can be made by a clippers fan wil always include the words "wait till next year"

hes 29 bro. hes about out of his prime. They arent winning a title in the next 2 years, not with that roster. What moves did they make over Free Agency?

Spurs reloaded
    OKC will be better or the same
    Blazers are coming

I just dont see them being better than the :
    Grizzlies
    Spurs
    OKC
    Blazers

Sorry. They might win the division again and people will be all on their bandwagon, but, they will lose in the 2nd round
    Blazers, lmao!

Bandwagon, lmao. Sad.

Cp3 losing, lol. Your comments are of the elementary mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Same. I feel the clippers woes are so obvious.... i dont see why were debating anything. The only substantial argument that can be made by a clippers fan wil always include the words "wait till next year"
    Idk what there is to debate either. 3rd best team in the league lost to the 2nd best team in the nba, surprise? And golden state did lose to sterlings clippers right? Or was I imagining.....

Umm...... spurs. You need to devalue the regular season bruh... start judginh folks when its actually time to turn up.

Clips arent going to win a title during pauls career. Clips will be a 3 seed next year, fight to the death in rnd 1 and get sprung in rnd 2. Just like last year.
    Willing to go as far to say first round exit? $100?

Forces them to play bigger and slower, easier series for clippers if GS could've went big..... But they lost, so why does it matter? Plus Steve Kerr is coaching there now, no need to worry about them anymore

Spurs put on the offensive clinic of a lifetime vs a team known for its defensive prowess and you have the nerve to call the clips the best offense in the world. Smdh
    No, them scoring more points than every NBA team did that. You too dumb to read?

Awesome highlights that resulted in:
    NBA 2011 Playoffs:
    Lost NBA Western Conference First Round (4-2) versus Los Angeles Lakers

NBA 2010 Playoffs:
    Didnt make playoffs

NBA 2009 Playoffs:
    Lost NBA Western Conference First Round (4-1) versus Denver Nuggets

NBA 2008 Playoffs:
    Lost NBA Western Conference Semifinals (4-3) versus San Antonio Spurs

Chris Paul, the perennial 1st round exit person.

All you Cp3 apologists have made excuses for him, its his team, his coach, his supporting cast, his height etc. I think he is a Top 5 PG. I think he is an ELITE talent. But hes like Melo/Love etc. Lots of stats, no postseason.
    I don't make excuses for one player. I speak on the team. Basketball is a team sport..... U do know that right?

Spurs don't win without Duncan, Manu, Parker, AND the rest of the team. One person doesn't win championships, not even Jordan ever won one without having a TEAM.

You argue in circles. I said the clippers won't win. You claim they will because of "player x". I say " player x" isn't the answer . you say its a team sport.

You can't play it both ways.

Blazers added kaman AND Blake? Isn't their front court now Lopez Robinson LMA kaman?

Blazers are a few defensive adjustments away IMO. They have the best pf and IMO a top 3 PG in the west if not the NBA.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I really expect the blazers to take a step forward. They were too green and lillard too young.

Houston, defensively I like ariza for them but I'm not sold on harden/d12.

I don't think the clippers ,if they make no other moves, get better. Their old players got older. If your starting sf is Matt Barnes ......good luck
    -www.usedbarcode.net

You argue in circles. I said the clippers won't win. You claim they will because of "player x". I say " player x" isn't the answer . you say its a team sport.

You can't play it both ways.

Blazers added kaman AND Blake? Isn't their front court now Lopez Robinson LMA kaman?

Blazers are a few defensive adjustments away IMO. They have the best pf and IMO a top 3 PG in the west if not the NBA.
    I said the clippers would win the championship because of Chris Paul being their point guard? Lmao, okay homie....

Blazers? Okay cool......I'll keep a eye out for them.....

Still looks to be s.a, OKC, and clippers to me.....

I really expect the blazers to take a step forward. They were too green and lillard too young.

Houston, defensively I like ariza for them but I'm not sold on harden/d12.

I don't think the clippers ,if they make no other moves, get better. Their old players got older. If your starting sf is Matt Barnes ......good luck
    A step forward, would be the 4th seed.......Matt has started on two finals teams..... Maybe u didn't know.... Dudley isn't easy to move, doc will move him when the deal is right

Barnes is 47 years old maybe you didn't know.

He also had the benefit of playing next to Kobe Pau and bynum .

If I'm the clippers, I would have been trying to trade reddick dudley and jcraw for klay Thompson.

Or

Blake Griffen for klay Thompson and Barnes.

Or jcraw/reddick for Barnes

Something like that.

West peckig order I have it as

SAS
    Okc/blazers
    Clippers/grizz
    GSW/houston

I think LAC are 4th -5th best team in the west.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

No, them scoring more points than every NBA team did that. You too dumb to read?
    Spurs offense is vastly superior to LAC. Nobody cares about regular season stats.

Call me when the clips can run a half court offense.... you know.... like teams do who go deep in the playoffs

The clips would have a better offense than the spurs if you could park a hyundai in the paint.

FWIW

I also think the Mavericks might be better than the Clippers. They are RELOADED.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Spurs offense is vastly superior to LAC. Nobody cares about regular season stats.

Call me when the clips can run a half court offense.... you know.... like teams do who go deep in the playoffs

The clips would have a better offense than the spurs if you could park a hyundai in the paint.
    It SURE looked so superior against THE EAST. Didn't look so superior against the Mavs, Blazers, and Thunder. Quit being a prisoner of the NBA Finals man. The West produced multiple teams that would've made quick work of the no point guard, and no center miami heat man.

Yes the spurs are a great Franchise. Yes Tim Duncan is the BEST PF in NBA history, yes manu is the best 6th man in nba history and a clutch shot maker and creator, Yes tony parkers quickness and abilty to get to the rim at WILL is unmatched. Yes coach pop is arguably the greatest coach in the history of the game and definitely in the modern era.

BUT

Let's not act like their offense COMPLETELY destroyed the entire WESTERN conference. The SPURS are a GREAT DEFENSIVE team as well, and thats the MAIN reason they got out of the WEST.

And for the last time..... stop acting like the clippers were destroyed in the playoffs. You watched their offense live in Game 5 destroy okc..... the reason they lost that game was their inability as a team to defend on a elite level. Once it comes, the rest is history. Look up their offensive numbers, might surprise you. They are the #1 Offense, its as plain as day in your face. Defense is their problem........

Barnes is 47 years old maybe you didn't know.

He also had the benefit of playing next to Kobe Pau and bynum .

If I'm the clippers, I would have been trying to trade reddick dudley and jcraw for klay Thompson.

Or

Blake Griffen for klay Thompson and Barnes.

Or jcraw/reddick for Barnes

Something like that.

West peckig order I have it as

SAS
    Okc/blazers
    Clippers/grizz
    GSW/houston

I think LAC are 4th -5th best team in the west.
    FWIW

I also think the Mavericks might be better than the Clippers. They are RELOADED.
    LMAO, I used to respect your basketball knowledge a little bit.

A. Barnes is not 47 years old.
    B. Barnes did just about as GOOD as any other defender on Durant's jump shots.
    C. Durant and Westbrooks ease at which they got directly to the rim is the reason they lost that series. INTERIOR size, defense, and toughness is the clippers problem.

D. My PERSONAL eyewitness of what CP3 does to certain teams allows me to completely dismiss them. As I will until I see otherwise....

1. Houston.... I went to the city visiting family this past season. OF COURSE I find out the clippers are playing houston while im there. You KNOW I have to go......they simply put, have no answer for Chris Paul OR Blake Griffin, mostly Paul though in this case.... by the way... clean swept this season 4-0 against the silly rockets. They Still have no PG or PF so next year they will still not be better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzWZNax6ngQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7IbPIxAoYM

2. Same with portland.....no answer for cp3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4Yvsw0mYJI

There will be Three ELITE teams next year JUST like their was this year. San Antonio, Oklahoma City, and the Los Angeles Clippers. No team will have more wins than those three teams. NO TEAM will win the championship if they aren't Cleveland,S.A.,OKC or LAC. The only title contenders next season.

So you can say barnes had the "benefit" of playing next to kobe, pau, and bynum........ really.... now that matters NOW huh? lol, great timing....

Regular season records don't matter. Next.

Mavericks took the champs to game 7. They now had parsons. They have made some nice free agent moves.

Okc got slightly better but I don't like their coach.

Clippers...... They didn't do anything. They addressed nothing.

Matt Barnes is a MEDIOCRE sf and he can't guard Durant if his life depended on it and oh yeah, okc won that series.

Good luck , save you a spot on the couch after the first round lol
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Regular season records don't matter. Next.

Mavericks took the champs to game 7. They now had parsons. They have made some nice free agent moves.

Okc got slightly better but I don't like their coach.

Clippers...... They didn't do anything. They addressed nothing.

Matt Barnes is a MEDIOCRE sf and he can't guard Durant if his life depended on it and oh yeah, okc won that series.

Good luck , save you a spot on the couch after the first round lol
    1. Lmao, u are getting sad now
    2. The clippers dominated the mavericks ALL season, joke team to the clippers.
    3. OKC lost thabo, huge defensive loss. Caron, huge bench shooting. Fisher, leadership. They've continued to fall since harden has left.
    4. Clippers signing of spencer and farmer were great moves for their roster. Bringing a big baby back off the bench at such a cheap $ was a huge deal. There is one deal left to do..... Trading Jared Dudley. The clippers big off season mistake was not picking cleanthony early in the draft.
    5. The spurs did wonderful in the offseason. With the draft, resigning of diaw and patty. And handling pop too was great. Of course Duncan not retiring was great.
    6. No one can guard Durant, you need team defense to do that.
    7. Houston's Arica signing scares me as a clippers fan. Probably more than any other off season move.

Most importantly.......

Golden state's mishandle of mark Jackson, hiring a rookie head coach, will haunt them this season.

My predictions for next seasons ending top 4 west seeds. This isn't a argument starter, just give me your predictions too......

1. Clippers (so surprised?)
    2. Spurs
    3. Thunder
    4. Rockets

Here's my bottom 4

5. Portland
    6. Dallas
    7. Golden state
    8. Memphis

i've changed ....... im going to swap houston and dallas.

i've changed ....... im going to swap houston and dallas.
    Need to move those drama queen clips down. Cp3 talkin about sitting out the season.

Need to move those drama queen clips down. Cp3 talkin about sitting out the season.
    This is 2014. We don't handle open racism well. Talk all the internet mumbo jumbo, and over the air stuff. When we are in person, it all changes. Same goes for sterling, he will be gone and doc and ballmer will be able to get to work.

Just like you said the clips wouldn't be a top team in the nba.... It happened, time to start building.

Go spurs go.

And cp3 is the president homie.... Get real if you think he isn't a professional. Feels bad to see us do good don't it?

If you think sterling has power, watch and see what happens if cp3/doc have to hold out.

But we will never make it that far.

Dare to say something stupid and drop them from the top 4 seeds? First round exit? Which team you got beating them in the first round?

This is 2014. We don't handle open racism well. Talk all the internet mumbo jumbo, and over the air stuff. When we are in person, it all changes. Same goes for sterling, he will be gone and doc and ballmer will be able to get to work.

Just like you said the clips wouldn't be a top team in the nba.... It happened, time to start building.

Go spurs go.

And cp3 is the president homie.... Get real if you think he isn't a professional. Feels bad to see us do good don't it?
    Some old man made a comment in private. That same old man got an NAACP lifetime achievement award. The "civil rights" groups are race pimps. They profit off this stuff. Racism is thier livelihood. Wheres the outrage for ray rice knocking his wife out? Which ravens players are boycotting football? Wheres the outrage for Oprahs racism?....

This whole Sterling story is nonsense. Its race hustling vultures flying over thier next carcass.

Theres no reason for cp3 to sit out. Sterling is banned, he will have no contact with him. He should take the high road like morgan freeman does. The best thing you can do to an old bitter man like sterling is stop giving him publicity. Besides.... his actions hardly justify the public execution.

A black guy can say he doesnt like black women dating white men and thats just a tyler perry movie, no big deal.

Big double standard in america.

Dare to say something stupid and drop them from the top 4 seeds? First round exit? Which team you got beating them in the first round?
    Not much of a stretch really... spurd and thunder 1-2, rockets blazers and clips 3-4-5 in any order. Warriors almost bounced them. The west is deep..... anyone *could* beat them.
    Last edited by Sinfix_15; 07-26-2014 at 03:07 AM.

Not much of a stretch really... spurd and thunder 1-2, rockets blazers and clips 3-4-5 in any order. Warriors almost bounced them. The west is deep..... anyone *could* beat them.
    rockets and blazers. lol. ariza was a good pickup for them though! Doesn't help them one bit against the clippers though. Thats not their strong position.....

PG and PF are, they haven't addressed either issue.

Portland.... no comment.

Think the thunder losing thabo defensively is a big deal? Fisher? Butler? ..... depth take a hit? think they will start reggie j and westbrook together? will it hurt them any?

We already know about the spurs. They've been the deepest team for a while, they are LOCKED in to a top 4 seed as long as duncan is still playing.

Some old man made a comment in private. That same old man got an NAACP lifetime achievement award. The "civil rights" groups are race pimps. They profit off this stuff. Racism is thier livelihood. Wheres the outrage for ray rice knocking his wife out? Which ravens players are boycotting football? Wheres the outrage for Oprahs racism?....

This whole Sterling story is nonsense. Its race hustling vultures flying over thier next carcass.

Theres no reason for cp3 to sit out. Sterling is banned, he will have no contact with him. He should take the high road like morgan freeman does. The best thing you can do to an old bitter man like sterling is stop giving him publicity. Besides.... his actions hardly justify the public execution.

A black guy can say he doesnt like black women dating white men and thats just a tyler perry movie, no big deal.

Big double standard in america.
    some old man, lol. anyway......

3rd best team in the west... when is the parade?

Using Sterling as an excuse is a cop out. Anyone distracted by that is weak minded. Duncan went through a bitter divorce and gay rumors.

My predictions for next seasons ending top 4 west seeds. This isn't a argument starter, just give me your predictions too......

1. Clippers (so surprised?)
    2. Spurs
    3. Thunder
    4. Rockets

Here's my bottom 4

5. Portland
    6. Dallas
    7. Golden state
    8. Memphis
    1. SPurs
    2. OKC
    3. Mavericks
    4. Clippers

5. Portland
    6. GSW
    7. Memphis
    8. Phoenix

I think the Rockets may miss the playoffs.

Clippers have the talent to own that Division, so they will win it IMO. The Spurs may have the toughest division in the NBA.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

NBA on ESPN ‏@ESPNNBA 2m

Judge rules against Donald Sterling, clears way for Clippers to be sold to Steve Ballmer for $2B.
    That handles that
    -www.usedbarcode.net

3rd best team in the west... when is the parade?

Using Sterling as an excuse is a cop out. Anyone distracted by that is weak minded. Duncan went through a bitter divorce and gay rumors.
    You aren't black. You opinion isn't one that can be used in that situation. I can tell you it would definitely distract me....

Duncan isn't everybody in the nba. Racism from your employer isn't anything compared to a divorce.

That handles that
    Agreed. End of story.

1. SPurs
    2. OKC
    3. Mavericks
    4. Clippers

5. Portland
    6. GSW
    7. Memphis
    8. Phoenix

I think the Rockets may miss the playoffs.

Clippers have the talent to own that Division, so they will win it IMO. The Spurs may have the toughest division in the NBA.
    Interesting, definitely.

I do however think you are too high on dallas. A point guard is starting to become a necessity in the west. Not sure if Devon Harris and Raymond Felton will cut it. I do think they will be damn good though.

GSW interests me the most though. San Antonio's division is the toughest, just not for them. They will be #1 as usual in the division. The battle is between port, mem, and dallas though. IMO

Any word on Bledsoe for Phoenix? Or did they just say fuck off no Max $ for u?

You aren't black. You opinion isn't one that can be used in that situation. I can tell you it would definitely distract me....

Duncan isn't everybody in the nba. Racism from your employer isn't anything compared to a divorce.
    I dont have to be black to experience racism in the work place. Black females are by far the most racist individuals in the work place. If i was making what chris paul makes, my boss could call me a honkey cracker white trash redneck every day. Also...... this wasnt racism in a work place, this was racism in the privacy of ones home.

If soneone makibg a comment in private is a bigger deal to you than a divorce, then maybe thats why so many baby mommas out there raising bastard children.

Fwiw I don't think the mavericks or clippers are separated by much. I can see them flipping between 3/4 . hell like this year I could see mavericks an 8th seed due to how stacked the west is.

I think with hardens comments, he and d12 now have to be mentally tough and I don't think they are. I see lots of locker room issues this year .
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast