Thread: Christmas = Fail

Thumbs down Christmas = Fail

This christmas sucked ass for me!!! I can actually say this was the worse Christmas I every had!

So around 11pm on Christmas Eve I left to go visit my family in Columbus. So once I get out of Atlanta near Union City, I start to hear knocking. At first I thought my cai sucked up some water since it was storming, so I took the Union City exit and stopped at the Shell gas station. I popped the hood and bam, my fucking timing belt is chewed up. So I tried calling people from the Squad and IA. Luckily, Tony picked up. He stated he had spare belt and the tools need to swap it out. So he comes over and tries to help, but his impact wasn't strong enough to break the crank pully bolt. So we call Ant and he made a round to his job to pick up tools to try, but they failed out breaking the damn bolt. So after trying to find a place that was open on Christmas day we decided to call it quits and get it towed back to my apartment. So I didn't get home until 5am Christmas morning. Then I slept until 5pm because I was so damn tired and missed all of my possible rides down to visit my family. So I got the chance to experience my first Christmas by myself due to a timing belt (now I truly know how soldier feel when they are overseas and that feeling sux).

So friday come around, luckily my father was willing to rent a trailer and pick my car up. So he picked my car up and took it to my mechanic in Columbus. If you ever removed the timing cover you will notice that the bolts are different, and there's 6 bolts (I believe) holding it on. SO for some reason, I had an extra timing cover bolt inside of my timing cover rubbing against the belt causing it to rip. The crazy thing about it was, he just replaced my exhaust cam, installed my cam gears, and cut my valve cover last weekend. I was looking over his shoulder the hold time, to get some knowledge (so I wont have to get someone else to do it again) and I didn't see him do anything wrong. The bad part about getting stuff done at his house is he has friends coming over constantly, so while we wasn't looking someone might of dropped one in the timing cover on purpose?!? I know he didn't do it, since he's proud of hell of my motor since he did the swap and all the work on it and brags about it all the time. So I don't know what to think. Anyways, all of this is behide me now, so it's time to start moving forward to 2009

I hope everyone had a better Christmas than mines!!! Also, I want to thank Ant and Tony for coming out and trying to help your boy on Christmas Eve/Day. Thanks again homies!!! I owe ya big times!!! Also to everyone else who picked up the phone (answered texts) and tried to call around to find me help. Thanks you too!

HAHA your xmas was still better than mine!Should have hit me up I stay like 10mins from the Shells in Union City.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    1. It gets really old when people keep calling southside a thief, b/c honestly, they have no phucking idea! lol

sorry i couldn't help ya out dare
    UPROOT Photography FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Oz10 View Post
    I'm a straight guy, but I know my way around a dick.

Yea man, wish it was charged good enough for ya homie

Paintless Dent Removal Technician
    Condemnant quod non intellegunt

lol y not call me i have a b series belt just chillin here

Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by sakasaku
    lol y not call me i have a b series belt just chillin here

Ummmmm 1 you're a billion light-years away. 2 someone would have to actually drive to you to get it. 3 uummmmmm I was neither 1 or 2

Damn that sucks man. I would think he would have noticed if he dropped a bolt in there since he took everything back apart to find the key way. Did you get it back up and running now?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdare23
    This christmas sucked ass for me!!! I can actually say this was the worse Christmas I every had!

So around 11pm on Christmas Eve I left to go visit my family in Columbus. So once I get out of Atlanta near Union City, I start to hear knocking. At first I thought my cai sucked up some water since it was storming, so I took the Union City exit and stopped at the Shell gas station. I popped the hood and bam, my fucking timing belt is chewed up. So I tried calling people from the Squad and IA. Luckily, Tony picked up. He stated he had spare belt and the tools need to swap it out. So he comes over and tries to help, but his impact wasn't strong enough to break the crank pully bolt. So we call Ant and he made a round to his job to pick up tools to try, but they failed out breaking the damn bolt. So after trying to find a place that was open on Christmas day we decided to call it quits and get it towed back to my apartment. So I didn't get home until 5am Christmas morning. Then I slept until 5pm because I was so damn tired and missed all of my possible rides down to visit my family. So I got the chance to experience my first Christmas by myself due to a timing belt (now I truly know how soldier feel when they are overseas and that feeling sux).

So friday come around, luckily my father was willing to rent a trailer and pick my car up. So he picked my car up and took it to my mechanic in Columbus. If you ever removed the timing cover you will notice that the bolts are different, and there's 6 bolts (I believe) holding it on. SO for some reason, I had an extra timing cover bolt inside of my timing cover rubbing against the belt causing it to rip. The crazy thing about it was, he just replaced my exhaust cam, installed my cam gears, and cut my valve cover last weekend. I was looking over his shoulder the hold time, to get some knowledge (so I wont have to get someone else to do it again) and I didn't see him do anything wrong. The bad part about getting stuff done at his house is he has friends coming over constantly, so while we wasn't looking someone might of dropped one in the timing cover on purpose?!? I know he didn't do it, since he's proud of hell of my motor since he did the swap and all the work on it and brags about it all the time. So I don't know what to think. Anyways, all of this is behide me now, so it's time to start moving forward to 2009

I hope everyone had a better Christmas than mines!!! Also, I want to thank Ant and Tony for coming out and trying to help your boy on Christmas Eve/Day. Thanks again homies!!! I owe ya big times!!! Also to everyone else who picked up the phone (answered texts) and tried to call around to find me help. Thanks you too!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
    Last edited by Echonova; 12-28-2008 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by southside
    HAHA your xmas was still better than mine!Should have hit me up I stay like 10mins from the Shells in Union City.

i suggested that we call u and we both LMFAO

dare i think it's time u put an OEM crank pully back on. Unorthodox FTMFL!!!

Damn man! That sucks. My gf was in Gainesville like ALL day so I was at home alone. Had I known you needed a hand I coulda brought the proper tools maybe a little earlier.

Bozzio for president.

If you Christmas was worse than mines I feel for ya homie. We were going to hit you up since I knew you stayed in that area, but it wasn't too much you could do for the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by T2KU
    Damn that sucks man. I would think he would have noticed if he dropped a bolt in there since he took everything back apart to find the key way. Did you get it back up and running now?

I forgot you was there. You can vouch for him. He never fucks up big time. So it's crazy how that damn bolt got there

Quote Originally Posted by 00CelicaGT
    i suggested that we call u and we both LMFAO

dare i think it's time u put an OEM crank pully back on. Unorthodox FTMFL!!!

I was thinking that when I saw my OEM pully sitting on the side of my grandparents house, then I said nawwww

If you Christmas was worse than mines I feel for ya homie. We were going to hit you up since I knew you stayed in that area, but it wasn't too much you could do for the situation.
    Could have filled up my compression and threw it in the truck.Also had b16 timing belt in the garage
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    1. It gets really old when people keep calling southside a thief, b/c honestly, they have no phucking idea! lol

Could have filled up my compression and threw it in the truck.Also had b16 timing belt in the garage

Shit is ironic as hell

Reps to ya, for being a good sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Revmaynard
    Damn man! That sucks. My gf was in Gainesville like ALL day so I was at home alone. Had I known you needed a hand I coulda brought the proper tools maybe a little earlier.

only tool that would have helped was an impact and a compressor with enough CFM's to run it.

i had everything to do a timing belt.

lol awaiting rebuttal

Quote Originally Posted by 00CelicaGT
    only tool that would have helped was an impact and a compressor with enough CFM's to run it.

i had everything to do a timing belt.
    I understand that, that's why I said '' a little earlier''.

Why can't you call on some whiteys!? Geez. I see how it is.

Bozzio for president.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ1soSlo
    lol awaiting rebuttal
    You'll gonna be disappointed.

I also go out of my way to help folks. That's why when it you said it was the worst Christmas ever it kinda flew all over me, without the folks that came and got ya it could have been a lot worse. Count the blessings you have, not the ones you don't.

Scotsman did say you are a good guy, so I apologize for mis-judging and any insult to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova

I also go out of my way to help folks. That's why when it you said it was the worst Christmas ever it kinda flew all over me, without the folks that came and got ya it could have been a lot worse. Count the blessings you have, not the ones you don't.

Scotsman did say you are a good guy, so I apologize for mis-judging and any insult to you.

it's all good

understatement like a motha fucka!

truth.
    UPROOT Photography FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Oz10 View Post
    I'm a straight guy, but I know my way around a dick.

I agree 100%!!! Without them, I would of been screwed like hell. I count it as a blessing homie. I was just really disspointed that I couldn't see my family on Christmas when I was really looking forward to spending time with them.

Thanks for the apology. I would also like to apologize for my response. It was uncalled for and over the top (therefore I deleted it). Reps to ya, for being man enough to apologize unlike majority of these punks on the internet.

group hug???

damn right!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2993987919_df1aa58b99-jpg  

roflcopter V-Spec II

The deleted reply was intense.

Quote Originally Posted by MongolPup

damn right!

Quote Originally Posted by MongolPup
    I heard him yelling through my monitor...

Favorite part of this thread. LOL

Bozzio for president.